Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow me to select a default "save as" file type

It is just one more out of MANY steps I have to perform each time I have to go in and select my file type while saving a file. There's also the opportunity to accidentally select the wrong type (because MP3 and MP2 are RIGHT NEXT to one another). Having a DEFAULT file type to save to would save a LOT of time.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. import / export ALL settings! all the presets have been deleted!

is it possible to create an import and export command of all (all) Audition settings ??
    Workspace, Keyboard Controls, Favorites, Effects Racks, Various Effect Settings etc ...
    and create an automatic backup to disk and cloud of these settings ???

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE, I REPEAT (IT IS NOT POSSIBLE !!!) that in 2020 I have to lose ALL THE SETTINGS, THE PRESETS I HAD (not a few) with a trivial update of the same version from 13.0.2 to version 13.0.4 !!!

Now I'm desperate, I haven't even had time to backup!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for Airplay 2 speakers for audio hardware output

I know latency is an issue for many, but not for my workflow. I would really like to utilise Airplay 2 speakers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audio channel mapping with Stereo AND Surround defaults (like Premiere Pro)

Please bring Premiere Pro's feature with witch you can have a Stereo output default AND a Surround output default assigned to different speakers. So, when I mix a multitrack session with stereo output, Audition sends the audio by default to my Stereo speaker pair, and when a mix a multitrack sesssion with Surround output, Audition sends the audio to the surround speakers defined by default.
    Premiere Pro has this setting (see included picture)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Audition 13.0.9 Bug

Latest version 13.0.9 keeps losing the audio hardware, (Focusrite 18i8 Gen2 on Windows 10 Pro build 1903)

Reports hardware not working when it works everywhere else, running latest drivers from Focusrite.

Roll back to 13.0.8 problem disappears.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Protection from accidental stop recording

I don't know if it's an existing function (I think not).
    Anyway let's suppose to use Audition to record Long recordings of 1, 2, 3 hours ...
    As it is currently configured, once REC is pressed, the audio starts recording ... if you accidentally press Backspace on the keyboard, the recording is lost.

1. Can you add (if a function does not already exist) the possibility to record audio without interruption? so to stop the recording you must necessarily press the STOP button with the mouse?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export/Import Favorites

Just as Export/Import of Racks is a glaring omission, so is the same for Favorites.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve Control Surface Customization in Audition: Support for X-Touch Mini and others

ted with how little support Audition and Premiere Pro have for it. For instance, support is limited to Mackie Control (MC) mode, the encoder knobs are limited to panning, and the buttons to their default functions, some of which don't work.

This device is relatively inexpensive and is extremely popular with Lightroom Classic users (using the midi2lr plugin). It is unfortunate that the developers couldn't invest a little bit of time to make this device awesome in Audition and Premiere Pro by creating one or more maps for it to make this and other control surfaces as useful as possible.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The help FAQs state I can't change the size of editor fonts and icons. Why can't you add these features and comply with the ADA?

The help FAQs state I can't change the size of editor fonts and icons. Why can't you add these features and comply with the ADA? Even a simple small medium large size option would be an improvement. Thank you.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. don't lose application settings

For whatever reason, when I opened Audition 2020 today, a dialog box said "settings from Audition 12 have been found" and asked if I wanted to import them. I don't think I ever used Audition 12. I use Audition 2020 and whatever was immediately prior to that (CC I think).

So I clicked "no," do not import my settings from Audition 12. Then when the application finished opening, many of my preference settings were reset to defaults. My key commands, display theme, and hardware settings were gone.

I've spent a couple hours replicating the ones I need to work today,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Save Audio Hardware Preference Presets

I know folks want Audition to "remember" their Audio Hardware preference settings so when they restart they don't have to reset them (https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911314-audition/suggestions/35411425-automatically-adapt-to-audio-input-output-device-c). I don't generally have that problem but this might solve the problem.

I want Audition to save different set of Audio Hardware Preference Presets. I find myseld switching settings enough, due to different locations, hardware, and purposes, that it wish I could save the preferences like I can effect presets.

Perhaps this could also be the path addressing other concerns. I do it enough that I'd love to see them in my Favorites list.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You really need to fix the jumbled mess of how to easily get audio out of a MacBookPro.

The way Audition handles monitoring output settings in my MacBook Pro (2020) is simply atrocious. If I'm editing and I leave the program momentarily, upon returning to edit, any number of changes have happened.

1 - Most of the time all the settings are correct in Preferences/Audio Hardware. It's just there is no sound and I have to re-choose the output and then it works again. That only gets mild cussing.

2 - Another effect is that suddenly the Mac's volume control stops working with Audition. Audition plays back but the sound cannot be turned up or turned down. That…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve Marker autonaming/numbering

Currently when using keystroke M to add markers, Audition names the new marker with the prefix specified in the Marker Prefix field in Preferences and a 2 cipher number is assigned sequentially with no user control.

The requested upgrades would be:

1) Allow users to set/reset starting number during a session, regardless of existing markers

2) If user sets a new Marker, then immediately renames it in the Marker panel, a pop dialog box could then prompt user if new markers should be named with the same prefix (this prompt could have a “Do not show me again” checkbox so…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Display with 3D waves option

Adobe Audition advertising shows sound display in 3D waves, but this option must to be included in the settings menu, please, there not exist :D

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display with 3D waves option

Adobe Audition advertising shows sound display in 3D waves, but this option must to be included in the settings menu, please, there not exist :D

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. the missing script option must be added back to the audiotion program

the missing script option must be added back to the audiotion program

it is an option that by clicking on configuration files opens a list of options and under that "script" that option helped to import text document files

for subliminal decoding

and several more options

I was in cs3, I think, and in cs6 that option doesn't appear anymore, I should go back, please please thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug Report

Importing user preferences and effects does not happen. This is the fourth time I have experienced this issue and with the latest update (13.0.1.35) it is happened again.

When I chose to update Audition from 13.0 to 13.0.1, I made sure the "import preferences" option box was checked, along with the other option box (I can't remember know, "save something/or other") option box and as well. The 13.0 preference folder was in it's correct file path and I expected it to be used for the upgrade.

However, at the end of the installation process, a dialogue box popped up saying…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Return Playhead to Start Position on Esc key

There is this option: "Return Playhead to Start Position on Stop" already.

But I wonder why it couldn't work like it works in After Effects? It's a bit confusing to have different ways to do the same thing depending on the Adobe application. Especially when you work with these apps the same time (dynami links and so on).

After Effects:
    'Space' key stops the Playhead
    'Escape' key returns Playhead to Start Position on Stop

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Display with 3D waves option

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Play simultaneous clips on a track level

The new option to play simultaneous clips is now only applied to a global level. It should be on a track level so a user can choose on which tracks he wants this option to work.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base