Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fades

On "Fade In" and "Fade Out" I would like much greater control to raise the beginning and end of a fade. i.e. beginning +.25 to +11dB... I want to change the numbers independent of one another. This was a feature I got very use to in Cool Edit... If people want the quick fade in and fade out that is great keep it. But I would love having the greater control.
    Sometime I will fade out 0 to -240. Also, sometimes I need to go from +.25 to +7 or whatever to ride the end of a song, bed, or…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save function opens "Save As" menu every single time after opening a loading a Premiere project into Audition

I can't save my Audition projects easily because it asks me to "Save As" each time. The problem has been described here as of 6 months ago: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Audition/Audition-12-1-save-always-does-save-as/td-p/10422999#11026538

Using a Mac, Mojave. Latest version of Audition.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. light mode required

Once again I am posting this because I do not believe you realise how SERIOUS this is. I work on a desk which cannot be moved, neither can my monitors nor my audio and camera equipment. The sun shines onto me from a big glass window behind my desk. I have no choice in the matter.

I struggle to see what is on the screen because of your poor choice of a dark background for all your products with exception of InDesign. A bright background behind the monitor makes it almost impossible to see the controls on the screen. I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to have Sequential Marker Numbering in different files.

It would be nice, in addition to the option to "name" your markers, that there is an option to set markers as "sequential" in new or different files. Currently, numbering is sequential in the same waveform file, but if you switch to a different file, numbering resets. A checkbox to have sequential numbering across all waveform files would be great.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BUG: Audition's Audio Hardware Settings Changing

My audio hardware settings don't align with where my audio is actually coming from. I set it to come from my headset, and sometimes it works, but other times it seems to 'forget' and play from my speakers. This doesn't appear to be an issue with my headset nor my speakers, nor the firmware otherwise controlling them, as I'm still able to play sound from Premiere Pro through both (as set in its settings section) without issue.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I need to be able to lock the Zoom for long-form narration

I've waited years for the addition of Punch and Roll recording. Awesome! Added. However, when I hit stop after recording, Audition automatically zooms to show the entire segment I just recorded. This is REALLY annoying while actually DOING punch and roll recording because I have to be at a specific zoom level to know where to place the playhead. Without the option to lock the zoom in place, I am constantly having to zoom in or out to correctly see where in the audio I want to start recording again.

The reason this is an issue, is because you NEED…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide a checkbox in Preferences which allows Audition to play a short notification sound when processing is done

When applying effects to audio or generating noises, Audition can take 30 minutes or more to do its processing. Rather than being required to manually check whether Audition is done processing, it would be wonderful if Audition would play a quick notification sound when the processing finished. This feature would allow me to work in another program while Audition is busy processing until I hear the notification alerting me to the fact that I can go back to working in Audition again.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. audio hardware input output

Please provide the ability to select different audio devices for input and output. That was an option in earlier versions of Audition.

I record into audition through a digital input on one audio device, and want to output to a pair of speakers connected to a different sound card, or output to the laptop speakers when mobile. Presently I can't do that in the waveform view.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. No chipmunk on playback with increased speed..

I edit hundreds of hours of audio for podcasts, narration, audiobooks, etc. I like to increase playback but it would be great to do that without the voice chipmunking so bad. On some voices, particularly female voices that are high, that pushes sibilance so high that it almost hurts to listen to. If I watch a youtube video on 1.5, they do not sound like a chipunk.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ripple delete autoplay

When I do a ripple delete in the multitrack view, it would be nice if the time selection tool jumped back about 1 second and autoplayed to allow me to hear the edit i just made. This would be very handy for removing a a lot of vocal fillers from a section on speech.

I don't like the current process of making a cut, clicking back, then pressing the space bar to listen back to my cut. It may seem trivial but when you have to remove something like 30 "ummms" in a minute, this is would save a good…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More options for playback speed

Instead of just double speed, allow playback to have a speed like in Premiere so you can understand what someone is saying. Having the same JKL keys and speeds as Premiere or a variable preference setting would be amazing.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. troubles with audio interface

Hi!
    First: This is a error message, not an idea

My gears:
    Windows 10, 64 bit
    audio interface: focusrite scarlett 6i6, 1st Generation (att. file)
    Audition cc

Error:
    - preferences
    - audio hardware
    - device class:

I can select ASIO but Audition get's stuck when I try to record

MME works after driver and firmware upgrade of audio device.

Audio device workes properly with cubase 10.

Yours
    Werner

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Retain bitrate of last mp3 export.

When exporting an mp3 the bitrate always reverts back to 192 Kbps, regardless of the last bitrate export.

Is it not a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing? So small a thing!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Surround 7.1, 9.1 and more...

Please, you could add more surround options, such as 7.1, 9.1 and more, like in other audio softwares (Pro Tools or Logic Pro for example).

Thank You.

You're the Best.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More flexible playback speed

Playback speed is limited to just a few speeds. Sometimes they are either too fast. Would love to be able to more accurately control playback speed like some other DAWs allow.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. upgrade vision

how to upgrade audition 2018 to 2019 without unstall old vision

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. playback picture

I would be interested in being able to play picture back via Mercury Playback Engine, to make use of our existing setups with the Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bpm safed with the project and not with the general preferences

I wish that if I choose tempo and time display to a certain value, that this would be safed with the project and not only in the global preferences.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include "Synchronize Settings" Option as in Premiere CC

Currently Adobe doesn't provide the "syn Settings" option. Consequentially I'm unable to transfer my settings in Audition from one workstation to another. This is a contradiction to the intentions in the creative cloud which is under these circumstances only a limited creative cloud.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have the ability to output video through a blackmagic card to an external monitor

Have the ability to output video through black magic card to an external monitor

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base