Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Major Bug! Destructive record in Waveform editor is not always destructive

Record in Audition is supposed to be destructive, but it is inconsistent.

Using punch and roll record sometimes the audio gets over dubbed instead of erased. Every bit of audio needs re-editing to determine if this happened. I have reset the Audition files in library three different times on the advise of tech support, and it still happens.

I cannot attach a sample file because your system does not allow either .wav, or mp3 files.

I have to pay good money for this?
    Please fix!

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Major Bug! Destructive record in Waveform editor is not always destructive

Using punch and roll record sometimes the audio gets over dubbed instead of erased. Every bit of audio needs to be listened to again to determine if this happened. I have reset the Audition files in library three different time on the advise of tech support, and it still happens.
    Please fix!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Major Bug! Destructive record in Waveform editor is not always destructive

Using punch and roll record sometimes the audio gets over dubbed instead of erased. Every bit of audio needs to be listened to again to determine if this happened. I have reset the Audition files in library three different time on the advise of tech support, and it still happens.
    Please fix!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Multi-Core usage in Audition Please!

hi guys .. my name is dani, i have a beast of a PC with 28 cores to work with and Audition only knows to use one of them, two at best .. my suggestion is to work on multicore usage .. thank you ( btw i have a 150k subscribers youtube channel :D, i have somwhat of a voice) :D thank you ..

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug when recording Audition 2019 CC

I can't stop recording. I have to force quit and rely on re-opening the session

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Theres a bug with adobe audition 2019 recording

i have adobe audition 2019 and when ever i hit record the entire app freezes and wont let me do anything i cant even send a crash report

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. bug report

Bug: Changing bitrate from 192 to 64 reverts back to 192 at export. I'm unable to export to 64, as per client request. Luckily I can fall back on AA 2018 which still works, but this bug is troublesome!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Every so often, when deleting then re-recording, the waveform and spectral display will zoom to the per sample level.

Randomly, during the sequence of recording, selecting, deleting, and re-recording, the waveform and the spectral display will zoom all the way to the sample level. It stays this way when the recording is complete and is only resolved by manually zooming back out.

Audition 12.0.0.241, MacOS 10.13.6

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Parametric EQ Bug

There seems to be a bug or equation error in the parametric EQ. Particularly effecting high frequency peaking filters with low Q values. For example: Peaking filter, F = 16kHz with Q = 0.7, Gain = -10dB. Audition is making this filter look like a shelf that effects frequencies all the way down to 100Hz. It should look more like a dip. Also noticed that the BW maxes out at 10,000Hz, but a 0.7 Q would have a bandwidth of 30,720 Hz. The filter should either not allow Q below 1.6 at 16kHz, or preferably, should fix the bandwidth issue.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Poor Performance in Audition 2019 on a 2018 iMac

This seems to be a theme with new versions of Audition over the past few years but yet again a new version of Audition has poor performance on the Mac. 2018 iMac and selecting audio takes about a second to do anything and shuttling around the audio is also very slow. Likewise switching between edit and multitrack takes an age.

This keeps happening with upgrades and always ends up being fixed. Do Adobe test their software any more?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pressing record does not start recording at end of clip

This does not happen 100% of the time and I can't determine if there is something that causes this behavior.

When I am in an existing clip and the playhead is at the very end of the clip (e.g., I just reviewed a take to the end of the clip), if I hit record again, nothing happens. I have to back the playhead up from the very end (it can be less than a second) and start from there.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BUG - Audition 2019 plays stereo tracks in mono, and now Audition 2018 and Audition CS6 have this problem

Audition 2019 properly displays stereo tracks (Wav, mp3, m4a etc) but my computer's audio system is getting a mono-ized 2-channel feed (i.e. both stereo channels receive a mono signal). Until the latest Audition 2019 update this was not a problem with my earlier installations of Audition 2019 or Audition CS6. But they now have been contaminated by this bug.

But when I turn on my Bluetooth headphones and switch Audition to output through the Bluetooth audio interface, stereo IS preserved. This would not be a problem except for the limited playing time of Bluetooth headphones, few of which could last…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. bugs: EFFECTS OF THE MULTITRACK WITH BETTER PERFORMANCE

Audition keeps generating "pops" and strange sound artifacts in multitracks with multiples effects in general (both the "red" ones and the normal ones), even if the tracks are preprocessed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. General Performance Bugs (moving audition window, play-head framy, levels monitor slow.

i haven't seen this reported anywhere elsewhere so it seams like I'm an edge case, but essentially Audition for me is acting like programs do when your CPU is taxed 100%. The whole program is just extremely laggy, the whole window takes ages to move then I try to drag it around, it takes a long time to open effect windows, the playhead is laggy, ect... It's worth stating that my PC is pretty overpowered for Audition so there shouldn't be any issues like this and there weren't any before. It's just acting like my PC is working too hard…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG - Audition 2019 Track panning issues

I have discovered an issue with opening Premiere Projects in Audtion 2019. If the track in Premiere has had ANY stereo file on it, even if it now contains only mono files, when importing into Audition, the track will only ouput one side. If you choose the sum to mono button on the track, then there is no issue. Please note that the track will PLAY BACK correctly - it's only when doing a mixdown that the error occurs in the rendered file.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. mp3 export from audition is bad (compared)

I just discovered that when saving a file as MP3, the quality is very poor, even at 320kbps CBR.

I simply noticed with my ears that it sounded muddy. When I checked the waveform it was confirmed.

So see if this is the best MP3 has to offer, I did a similar export (320Kbps CBR) using Izotope RX6.

And the export from RX6 sounded much better and punchier, with a similar file size. This too can be confirmed in the attached screenshot.

Please improve.. So many MP3's, unnecessarily sounding bad... :-(

I won't be using it anymore, but many people…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. a direct link to live chat for program issues

a direct link to from adobe programs to live chat for program issues

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG: Audio Popping

Audition effects (specially tone and noise generations) keep generating audio popping artifacts when you play or stop the audio.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG: DeNoiser and DeReverb (Jason Levine and Video Revealed)

The new DeNoiser and DeReverb don't work well the first part of the audio clip.
    There are some of these results on You Tube. For example the first part of the audio of the videos of the Video Revealed and Jason Levine videos have these audio problems, I think because they are using these new tools. ;)

Jason Levine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZsbFuuEy30

Video Revealed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkla0IPt8ck

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. REAL TIME PLAYBACK

Audition should process all the effects and changes faster, instead of stopping and, then, playing the clip again after waiting a moment for listening the changes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base