Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: macOS Big Sur Multitrack Waveform Display Problems

Using the 2020 and the Beta release of Audition on macOS Big Sur (I am aware, it's beta software).
    I am seeing the waveforms not render correctly in a multi-track view.
    It's actually almost impossible to work with these waveforms (see attachment).
    The waveforms sometimes jump back to normal when zooming in and out or scrolling or making a cut.
    But I thought I'd report this so people are aware and either not upgrade to Big Sur for now or Adobe can fix it before the public release of Big Sur.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We have to be able to select multiple tracks at once. Otherwise audition will never be a go to DAW for post audio imo.

Please PLEASE work on our ability to select multiple tracks at once. This would be a massive time saver.

Thank you!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Midi channels

Why did you exclude the MIDI channels! Audition was a step closer to become a DAW! It has so much potential!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move multiple markers at once

I do a lot of audios with multiple markers and have to move audios several times, adding some more or cutting others.

In this matter, I have to move several markers at once and it is currently impossible. What works though is inserting a silence to move all the next markers at once, but that's not convenient at all because it has to break some tracks.

So having a simple feature that, after having selected several markers in the "marker panel", allow us to move these markers with a duration would be a huge time saving !

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Resizing effects window in Mixer view

Currently it is not possible to resize elements of the UI based on need, as it is in Premiere Pro. Specifically, it would improve my workflow if I had the ability to resize the effects section of the UI when in mixer view.

There's a TON of space dedicated to the faders which is nice but unnecessary for the work that I'm doing. I'd much rather have the option to see 6-8 plugins across all of the tracks instead of the 3 that are visible by default.

Additionally, it would be helpful to be able to expand the Sends section…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please design a button to link the track envelopes to items.

Or just add the ripple edit(link) feature as the other daws. It is really convenient and necessary for sound designers.
    Here is a picture of action list in Reaper. The developers should have a look.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. An option to attach markers to clips in multitrack view, rather than attaching them to the timeline

Currently in Audition's multitrack editor, markers can only be attached to the timeline. It would be helpful to have an option to attach markers to individual clips, so that when those clips are moved in the timeline the markers move with them.

The only way to achieve this right now is to go into waveform view and place a marker there. This is pretty inconvenient and involves a lot of clicking back and forth between views.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to lock vertical zoom for individual tracks

I sometimes have one or more tracks that I want to keep fairly tall all the time so I can see their audio in more detail, while other tracks can usually stay as small (vertically) as possible. But when I do need to zoom those small ones and then zoom them all the way back out, my tall ones also get zoomed out. If I could lock them, I'd be much happier.
    A variation on this idea would be zooming proportionally when some tracks have been individually zoomed, so the small ones get bigger and the big ones get even…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Disable auto scroll permanently

Please allow auto-scroll in the multi track editor to be disabled permanently, so it doesn't turn itself back on every time I play/pause the session.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mixdowns ignore pre-rendered tracks, instead Audition processes all the effects fresh when mixing down. Not right crazy extra SLOW.

When mixing/bouncing down, Audition SHOULD NOT have to reprocess all the track effects if the tracks are pre-rendered. If I prerender all tracks with FX, The mixdown should basically be as fast as if no FX are on tracks.
    This is definitely not the case. A mixdown takes the same amount of time whether or not FX are pre-rendered.
    For a 90 minute movie score session with lots of HQ FX, this can make the render take hours, when it should take only a few minutes (as if it had no FX).
    Makes for a big waste of time waiting…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please create a way for the Audition volume keyframes to be seen and adjustable in the premiere timeline

It would be very helpful to autoduck volume on movie stems against director commentary, and have those keyframes show back up in the premiere pro timeline for further adjustment against picture.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a single button to arm all tracks for record in Multitrack Session

I record 32 tracks of live audio coming into Audition via Dante. It is cumbersome to click each individual track to arm them all for recording. A single "arm all" button would make this task so much faster.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need amplitude zoom in Multitrack Editor

In the Multitrack Editor, please add the ability to zoom waveform amplitude without increasing its amplitude (already available in the Waveform Editor). This would be very helpful for editing low-level recordings where the waveform is difficult to discern. Zooming individual tracks is helpful, but not always sufficient for making precise edits.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pre-render resets/restarts when volume is changed via track dial. This should not happen when FX are pre-fader.

Pre-rendered track resets/restarts when the track's volume is changed via track dial.
    This should not happen when FX are pre-fader.
    In fact, it works properly when changing the track volume with the mixer screen slider (it does not restart the pre-render.)
    It seems like a really easy bug to fix, and it really kills my work flow when working with a lot of frozen tracks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Easy muting

you could have it so that when you click and drag over all the mute buttons, it mutes them accordingly. a bit like you can do with the viewing of layers in Photoshop. it would make batch muting a lot easier.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bounce or Mixout folder created by default

Every time I create a new session I have to manually create a bounce folder within the session to save the mixouts/final mix files from the session, It would be nice if the folder can be automatically created by default every time a new session is created.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Back fill late tracks with silence

I would love to be able to add silence between the beginning of the song and the beginning of a track which starts at, say, 1 minute in. I want to be able to fill that minute with silence. This allows for an easier time lining tracks up to each other if we are pulling tracks out and putting them somewhere else, or sending the individual file to someone else in order to have them mixed is a different program.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adding a gap right instead of ripple delete left

I'm a podcaster and I take one interview and split it into 2 episodes on the same multi-track session. I create a gap between (once I've found my split point) but sometimes I need more space after I create intros and musical selections for the 2nd episode. But at that point I have markers and other elements in play. Select and dragging over the whole second episode is OK but then I can't grab markers.

If I could somehow select all and INCLUDE the markers that would be awesome.

Is this possible or is this something you guys could include…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Notes (Comments) for individual audio tracks in multitrack session.

Track name is not enough for description and I use spreadsheets to keep track of what is what.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Album Art for podcast available in multitrack for export to mp3

I edit a million podcasts and I love that I can template my id3 data so that when I export it's part of the file. But it drives me crazy that I have to export to an mp3 and then open that mp3 to add album art to it.

Is there not a way to add the art to the multitrack and just let it sit there and then add it when exporting the mp3? This would save a ton of time and also add a feature that could give Audtion an advantage over other editors. Many people own 3rd…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base