Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please bring back the option to play overlapping clips (regions) in multitrack

There used to be a checkbox for "play overlapping clips" and now it's gone. Please bring it back. Helps keep track counts down when making radio production and commercials by not having to have a new track for every single bleep, zap, and voice clip that might touch.

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  8 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mouse cursor gets stuck flickering on waveform clips

Hi! I'm encountering a weird issue when I'm moving my mouse over the multitrack editor. The mouse cursor sort of gets "stuck" on the audio clips, it seems to be trying to change the cursor shape between the normal mouse pointer shape and the "move" cursor, many many times, so it sort of flickers.

I use an external Thunderbolt monitor connected to my macbook, and this only happens when the Audition screen is on the (much bigger) external monitor, and that monitor is the "main" monitor for OSX (see screenshot). If the Audition screen is on the (much smaller) macbook…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to add the metronome track when exporting session

Sometimes I need the click track from the metronome to be exported together with the audio for the client's need (usually a choreographer or music video director).
    My current solution is to use cables and route output to input on my audio interface to record to another track but this is waaay too cumbersome. A simple checkbox on the export dialog would greatly speed up my workflow.

This checkbox could even appear only if you have the metronome toggled on and unmuted.

I attached an image as an example of how it could be.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bug: Audition 2020 Export to Adobe Premier Pro Multitrack Mixdown ignores Side-chain

When I try to Export to Adobe Premier Pro (Mixdown to Stereo file) a multi-track Adobe Audition 2020 project the produced wave file ignores all side-chains, applying the effects across the entire track.

The effects seem fine in program until the final wave file is created.

After doing some testing: Actually, now side-chaining isn't even working in the 2020 program now at all.

Tried the 2019 version and everything works fine for me.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG: Ripple Delete deletes automation data

Using "Ripple Delete" to delete a clip on a track deletes the automation data for every track apart from the one you have used ripple delete on.

Build 12.1.1.42
    Windows 10

See: https://youtu.be/mMFNREaCpkc

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Album Art for podcast available in multitrack for export to mp3

I edit a million podcasts and I love that I can template my id3 data so that when I export it's part of the file. But it drives me crazy that I have to export to an mp3 and then open that mp3 to add album art to it.

Is there not a way to add the art to the multitrack and just let it sit there and then add it when exporting the mp3? This would save a ton of time and also add a feature that could give Audtion an advantage over other editors. Many people own 3rd…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Don't change volume until "return"

If I'm listening to a session, and decide I want to change a track's volume from -23 to -26, typing that will cause the track to adjust to -2 for a moment while I'm typing. That's super annoying. I want the track volume to change only after I hit return.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Error when importing lengthy audio directly into multitrack instead of first into files

When I import an audio file that's just short of an hour long directly into the multitrack, it is arbitrarily shortened by about 15 seconds. If I drop it into "Files" first, this error doesn't occur.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Keyframes changes does'nt save on a remix music (audio essentials)

I used audio essentials to extend a music clip to desired lenght. After that I add some volume keyframes to the remixed music clip. And then save. After listening I made some change in keyframes and saved again. But when I open the session later, the keyframes are back to original, my changes did'nt record. Thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Making the "Heads Up Display" volume control available in the Multitrack

The fastest way to adjust SELECTED areas of the Track is with the "Heads Up Display." Using the Razor is too slow and doesn't get to the results fast enough - your too busy cutting 2 lines around the wave file. And Key Frames as well are too Slow and time consuming (there are times when you do need them but not here.) The Fastest way is to SELECT the Area and quickly bring the VOLUME DOWN. You're done in seconds. Please make accessible the "Heads Up Display" in the MULTITRACK Editor mode. Thank You

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix the snyching issue

When using multitrack editor the clips slip out of synch with each other (and often within one track) when multiple tracks are moved.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. NEED to be able to copy/paste automation data in Multitrack view.

Automation data needs to be able to be copy/pasted to other tracks, or saved with the effects rack preset.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. keyframes copy

Please add Copy and Paste for Keyframes wherever they are.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ATMOS, 7.1, et cetera - Mixing and Mastering for immversive formats!

Hello, Audition-Team!
    Blackmagic Design just rolled out some pretty impressive audio additions to Resolve 16... these SHOULD be in reach for Audition's next release - hopefully. Hey, we're talking about a Color-Grading-Suite regarding Resolve! Function and interface are looking pretty good there.
    Great work so far, Adobe, but THIS and bins to better organize your project... would go a LONG way to be future(/present)-proof.
    Best, Michael

Features in DaVinci Resolve 16: https://youtu.be/8fmvUsBPJn8?t=1218

PS: Truly great new steps in the current version! Loving it!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please make Ripple Delete affect Bus automation

Currently, when you Edit > Insert > Insert Silence into a session, the automation keyframes on busses will move accordingly. Great.

But when you Edit > Ripple Delete > Time Selection in All Tracks, automation keyframes on busses will not move accordingly. Not great at all.

Like so: https://youtu.be/_hq7BsYotrg

If there's some advantage to Audition performing this way, I can't imagine it. But it'd be great to at least have an "Adjust track keyframes when performing ripple edits in busses" option in Preferences > Multitrack.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multitrack: Add transitions across time selection

Coming from an NLE background we are well used to ‘add transitions‘ to a bunch of edits (including ‘match frame/split/add’ edits).

Why? Among many other reasons:
    1. To smooth removal of sections (eg umms, coughs, non-speaking sections of iso mics)
    2. To smooth transitions between levels of clip gain (eg to compensate for off mic sections )

So it’s definitely a very useful thing to be able to do.

IMO Avid media composer does it best with ‘add transitions in to out’ (in to out = time selection) with a dialogue that offers duration of transition, and position (ends at…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Strip Silence Feature

Add a feature similar to Logic Pro X's Strip Silence. Select a track in multitrack, select the new Strip Silence feature, add a few parameters and it cuts out all parts of the track that fall below a certain volume for a certain amount of time. All existing audio stays in the same place (it doesn't ripple delete anything). There are a few features already in Audition that can identify the beginning/end of silence and will place markers, but nothing will auto-delete the silence.

This is an EXTREMELY useful feature for podcast editing (allow the person to more easily move…

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request. I’ve seen this come up several times and certainly appreciate the value in breaking up long clips into smaller bits which can be more easily manipulated and edited. I believe we have an open item in the feature backlog, but I’ll double check and add your notes.

18. adjust relative clip gain

'Adjust clip gain' appears to be absolute only.
    e.g. select a number of clips, call up properties | 'clip gain' and type +6dB - actually sets them all to 6dB - should be an option for a relative adjustment.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Auto-scroll during recording will occasionally stop

Occasionally whilst recording in a multitrack session, auto-scrolling stops (the recording playhead moves offscreen beyond the right boundary) requiring manually scrolling of the viewport to keep track of the waveform.

This is very annoying and I've experienced this issue on multiple Audition versions and operating systems over the years.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to copy/paste keyframes between tracks

It would be nice to copy/paste keyframe placement between tracks. In this case, I changed the levels in certain areas of a music track that wasn't finished. Instead of going back and reinserting said keyframes at the same values in the finished file, it would be nice to select all keyframes in the unfinished file and paste them in the new file. I've tried doing this and all it does is copy/paste the actual file instead of its keyframes.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base