Dynamic Link only works for one trip
It seems the Dynamic Link between Premiere Pro and Audition only works for one trip. I edit my sequence in Audition, export to Premiere Pro - all works fantastically. Now if the client requests further edits to the sequence (adding in an interview section, removing a section of voiceover, shortening of the soundtrack) I'm stuck. At the moment, I need to start my mix in Audition from scratch as even the "edit original" option given in premiere pro of the stems originally exported from Audition opens up the old edit.
Here's my desired workflow:
1) Edit sequence in Premiere Pro
2) "Edit sequence" in Audition
3) Mix sound in Audition
4) "Export to Premiere Pro"
5) Deliver project to client
1) Client delivers further edits to make
2) Re-edit in Premiere Pro (for example, add in new interview section)
3) Open sequence in Audition
4) Audition has retained all of the effects, gain adjustments etc. from the EDIT 1 but has now added new interview section.
5) Tweak mix including new interview section
6) "Export to Premiere Pro"
7) Deliver to client
Basically, the same functionality that After Effects seems to have with its Dynamic Link with Premiere Pro where you can go back-and-forth as much as you want.
James Lucas commented
This has been the single biggest obstacle for my group in using Audition. We love finishing audio in Audition, the tools are great, but we must deliver 'finished audio' for client review and almost always will get a soundbite addition or removal or some major edit in Premiere from the client feedback latter making the whole roundtrip workflow useless for us.
gus evangelista commented
YES! some sort of way for Au to 'track changes' or compare edits from previous version of a PPro sequence.
Peter Martel commented
Posting here just to follow. Wish there were a way to subscribe to/follow a thread without creating a post.