Severe bug in Adobe Audion (latest and previous versions)
How to replicate the bug:
- create a new Multitrack session.
- add a file that is not in the same location as the multitrack session.
- double click the file so it opens in the audio-editor
- make any spectral selection. (preferably a very tiny one) for example: a small lasso selection around a sibilant S you want to gain down.
- switch to the multitrack (with that selection still existing in the waveform editor)
- Save the multitrack session.
All of a sudden you hardly hear anything, although you can still see the waveform.
Doubleclick the region again and you still see the original waveform although you can't hear all the frequencies (the PKG files are not up to date)
The spectral display does shows you that every frequency that fell outside of the spectral frequency you had, is now gone for the entire length of the file.
Au 13.0.8 is now available in the apps section of the CC Desktop Application. This build contains the fix for this bug. Thanks!
Thanks for the report. This will be fixed in the next release of Au.
There will be a Beta build of Au soon that will contain this fix as well.
I will update once this Beta build is available in the Creative Cloud Desktop Application.