Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Possible bug in Audition

When working in Multitrack with audios from different locations (one on desktop, other on session's "Imported Files" folder) when I save the session (Ctrl + S) the audio located on my desktop appears Offline and I have to use "Link media" option on (almost) every splitted clip of the same file. This started to happen after the most recent update (on 2020-06-16)

Posible problema en Audition. Al trabajar en Multitrack con audios de distintas ubicaciones (uno en escritorio, otro el carpeta "Imported Files" de la sesión) en el momento en que guardo la sesión ("Ctrl + S") el audio ubicado…

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why is Timed Record Mode still a hidden feature?

Why are there no instructions on how to enable Timed Record Mode in the Adobe Audition Help PDF?

It's briefly mentioned as a feature, but no where in the manual does it say how to enable it. I finally found a 3rd party web site that gave clear instructions on how to do it: Hold the Control key and click Record.

Why doesn't the manual state this? It's incredibly useful to have recordings stop on their own long after I've left the room.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Severe bug in Adobe Audion (latest and previous versions)

How to replicate the bug:
    - create a new Multitrack session.
    - add a file that is not in the same location as the multitrack session.
    - double click the file so it opens in the audio-editor
    - make any spectral selection. (preferably a very tiny one) for example: a small lasso selection around a sibilant S you want to gain down.
    - switch to the multitrack (with that selection still existing in the waveform editor)
    - Save the multitrack session.

BOOM

All of a sudden you hardly hear anything, although you can still see the waveform.

Doubleclick the region…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: Certain AU plugins do not output to mix

Certain AU plugins do not output correctly (if at all) in a mix.

The multitrack editor seems to be working fine with the plugins, but when I mixdown directly or to Premiere Pro, the tracks with those affected plugins output as if they were unadjusted at all - even if they are silenced by the plugin. VST versions work fine!

With me it only happens if I do a mixdown, but not if I export the individual stems. It happens with iZotope Neutron 2 Advanced, which is one of my most heavily used plugins, but the VST versions work fine.…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Loudness Radar doesn't fill the FX screen Build 13.0.7.38

The Loudness Radar is now 1/4 of the actual FX window. Worked fine in the previous version

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please bring back the option to play overlapping clips (regions) in multitrack

There used to be a checkbox for "play overlapping clips" and now it's gone. Please bring it back. Helps keep track counts down when making radio production and commercials by not having to have a new track for every single bleep, zap, and voice clip that might touch.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Properties panel displays information and options for whatever timeline element is selected. If no clips are selected, the Session properties are displayed and this option can be toggled on and off at any time. Opening sessions created in earlier versions will also still display this option. Creating or overwriting a session template with the option enabled will make it enabled by default for all new sessions created using that template.

7. Audition Learn typo

In Audition Learn, for the Noise Reduction course, on the "Tips and tricks for even better results" step, "reduction" is misspelled as "rediction".

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Native Functional Punch and Roll recording

Like Protools currently has, and the great workaround Travis Baldree created: https://travisbaldree.com/adobe-audition-punch-roll

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can we get a true punch and roll that is better than everything else already?

I love Audition, but i'm so sick of having to fight the punch and roll battle with Reaper and Studio One users. I can give them plenty of reasons that Audition is better for VO and then no matter what, at the end, I get the "oh yeah well you cant punch and roll!" trump card. I know there is an "extension" but realy...it's time.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Punch and roll please!!

Hi there, I was really hoping that the new re-vamp would include punch and roll capability! Us VO artists so desperately need this function. I love adobe audition but we've been waiting for years for a punch and roll capability. Please can you add this? I don't want to have to use another DAW.
    Is this in the pipeline at all?
    Thanks,
    Darren

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Possibility to enter precise values for envelopes keyframes

It would be very nice to have the possibility to enter a precise value for a keyframe. It could be a double click on a specific keyframe (best) or a right click menu option (less practical...).

Best regards,
    JP.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mouse wheel-click scrolling (last seen in version 3!)

In Audition 3 I could use the mouse wheel-click to scroll up and down the waveform at a speed governed by how far from the centre the mouse cursor is. Very simple and efficient. I use it all the time when editing. Is was dropped in the next version and I'm still waiting for it to appear in a new version. (I'm still using version 3!)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In the Convolution Reverb, show what Impulse file has been loaded.

When you load a .wav file as a custom Impulse for the Convolution Reverb Rack Effect, there is no indication of which file you loaded in the effect settings. This makes it very difficult (basically impossible unless your memory is superb) to return to the effect later and know what file you've loaded.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Middle mouse click to drag across the waveform

Right now it's really annoying to quickly navigate through your waveform timeline. It would be an incredible improvement to scroll through your view like After Effects can do.

Just middle mouse hold so the drag/hand icon appears, and then you can move the timeline from left to right, making it really easy to 'scroll' though the timeline.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support clip gain values beyond 15dB

When importing a project from premiere, you get a warning if clip gain values are about 15dB. This is destructive to the workflow and would be great if Audition could operate with these values to keep levels consistent between programs

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keyboard shortcut to move clip up or down a track

Please create a keyboard shortcut to move a clip up or down to another track so it stays exactly where you want it. I spend way to much time trying to make sure it landed where I want it using the mouse.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The ability to scale vertically in the spectral editor, just like the waveform, so you can work in more detail

When a stereo file is open in the spectral view it would be nice if you could zoom in vertically to be able to work in greater detail. If you had a choice to view one track while still editing both it would double the current resolution, but zoom would be better. This would only apply to the displayed wave and the technical resolution you work at would still be the same obviously, but it would help when working at specific frequencies.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Zoom to specific level

It would be great to have the ability to zoom to a specific level with a shortcut. For example, zoom to see 5 seconds in the window. This would allow editing at specific levels, which I often do.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve frequency analysis framerate (currently worse than Audition 3 / Cool Edit)

The framerate of the frequency analysis panel is pretty bad, looks to be about 20 FPS. Audition 3 (last version with lost of original Cool Edit code, it appears) performs much closer to 60 FPS on the same computer, allowing you to see more detail in the sound over short peroids.

Yes, I've tried different FFT sizes and windowing functions, performance is poor no matter which settings you choose. Yes I have all the latest drivers and the latest version of the software etc etc.

I suspect this is due to newer versions of Audition CC being forced to use…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base