Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folders/Bins for File Management!

Basic file management doesn't exist in Audition like it does in every other Adobe software. The ability to add folders and place files inside those folders when working inside Audition would be HUGE, just like you can in Premiere and After Effects. This is a must have organizational feature that has always been missing.

91 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Strip Silence Feature

Add a feature similar to Logic Pro X's Strip Silence. Select a track in multitrack, select the new Strip Silence feature, add a few parameters and it cuts out all parts of the track that fall below a certain volume for a certain amount of time. All existing audio stays in the same place (it doesn't ripple delete anything). There are a few features already in Audition that can identify the beginning/end of silence and will place markers, but nothing will auto-delete the silence.

This is an EXTREMELY useful feature for podcast editing (allow the person to more easily move…

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request. I’ve seen this come up several times and certainly appreciate the value in breaking up long clips into smaller bits which can be more easily manipulated and edited. I believe we have an open item in the feature backlog, but I’ll double check and add your notes.

3. Remove pitch change when using shuttle

I'd like the shuttle to work like Premiere Pro's that doesn't change the pitch when I speed up the audio playback. This would help me edit so much faster.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Feature Request: ADR tools

Implement ADR tools like Nuendo or the new version 15 of Resolve. Come on Adobe, you must become the industry standard in Audio post.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  9 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please bring back the option to play overlapping clips (regions) in multitrack

There used to be a checkbox for "play overlapping clips" and now it's gone. Please bring it back. Helps keep track counts down when making radio production and commercials by not having to have a new track for every single bleep, zap, and voice clip that might touch.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  8 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio clip does not open in Audition after selecting "Edit clip in Audition" from Premiere Pro

I used to be able to work seamlessly between Premiere Pro and Audition while editing audio clips of my video files. Now, when I try it after the update, it does everything except open the file in Audition. Ive tried everything from quick troubleshooting tricks to full factory reset and install of my operating system. nothing seems to work. Wondering if I'm the only one with this issue...?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  9 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have the ability to output video through a blackmagic card to an external monitor

Have the ability to output video through black magic card to an external monitor

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ID3 metadata presets

It'd be great to have presets for ID3 metadata. When producing a podcast most of that info remains the same. At present I'm having to type it out (or copy/paste) each field. A nice drop down menu with presets would be a real time saver!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fill left with right (and right with left) from Premiere

The ability to directly open a premiere project in Audition to do the audio work is great, nice job Adobe. But, I often use 'fill left with right' or right with left as the mic is normally only into one channel or the other channel is unsuitable. It is a fast 'effect' added at track level in Premiere but it is shown as not supported when you open the project in Audition. Messes up the entire audio at the point where you want to finish the audio. This would be so helpful for video editors, please

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I wonder if the “Source Channel Routing” could be expanded to map this ‘effect’ easily. Right now, the SCRis limited to one unique channel assignment per clip channel, but it might be easy enough to modify.

Ideally, Premiere should make it simpler to convert a stereo clip to mono and toggle the source channel. “Fill x with y” seems a bit of a kludge to me as the result, a multi-mono file, has the same output results with a lot more complexity.

I’ll enter a feature request. Thanks.
    Edit: Request: 4199707

10. remix

Adobe Audition crashes when enable remix is selected. Every time, no matter which file I'm trying to remix.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Audition v 13.0 sidechain broken when exporting project to WAV/MP3

Playback of projects in Audition v 13.0 has all effects and sidechain compression settings upon multitrack playback, but none of these effects are present when exporting the project to stereo WAV or MP3 file.

Reverting back to v 12.1.5 and all projects export correctly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Audition has encountered an error

When I try to open a file from the file menu, I get this error:

"Audition Error

NSObjectNotAvailableException

DVAMacOpenPanel is not a supported subclass for sandboxing"

I've attached a screen grab.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adobe Audition 2019 Bug

fade out square at top right sometimes doesn't appear on mixdown (waveform editor)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG (Audition 2019) - loud click when initiating playback through iZotope RX7 De-noise module

I just updated to Audition 2019. An instantaneous (distorted) loud click occurs when initiating playback through the AU version of iZotope's RX7 Voice De-noise module. The anomaly does not occur when using the VST version. This did not occur in the previous version of Audition. [-paul.]

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Chinese translation for Automatic Pitch Correction needs improving

Multiple technicals have been missed:
    Major & minor should be “大调” & “小调” rather than “主要” & “次要”.
    Key should be “调” rather than “键”.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When audio imported via DynamicLink from Premiere Pro, "save" is always a "save as" function.

Save function always triggers "save as" function when working on audio imported via DynamicLink from Premiere Pro. HUGE waste of time! Adobe pro's have been posting since April to solve problem with update of software. As of 11/22/19, I have the most up to date version of Audition and Premiere Pro, both running on an iMac with High Sierro OS (the latest version my older mac can run). Please fix ASAP, as work must be saved regularly but should not take multiple steps when "command S" should work instantly. Clearly your software updates have NOT fixed this issue!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. radio vo docking

there is aproblem in the kast version ( 13.0.0.519)
    the ses of radio vo docking is dosnt work well luke in the past.
    is reducre all the channek down.

even when i made anew ses is dosnet work goos

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Save function opens "Save As" menu every single time after opening a loading a Premiere project into Audition

I can't save my Audition projects easily because it asks me to "Save As" each time. The problem has been described here as of 6 months ago: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Audition/Audition-12-1-save-always-does-save-as/td-p/10422999#11026538

Using a Mac, Mojave. Latest version of Audition.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Some Chinese translations need to be improved

Some translations should be improved
    Such as: WindowingFunction should be "窗函数" than "开窗功能"
    LogSweeping should be "对数扫描" rather than "日志扫描"

Enclosed herewith is a list included all points and their correct version.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base