Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blank track insertion / notes

I'd to be able to designate areas where I plan to perform future tasks. I want to be able to save notes in my timeline at specific time segments so I don't forget my ideas. Being able to block off these areas would help me to better keep track of my thoughts at the time without having to write external notes.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move playhead using keyboard shortcuts during playback

While editing a multitrack file I need to quickly rewind to the beginning and In point, resp., to be able to compare two tracks.

For this I'd usually use the keyboard shortcuts <HOME> or <Q> (on my Windows machine). However, none of them work during playback.

Similar situation: I need to quickly rewind 5 or 10 seconds to rehearse a part in the audio. Audition is missing keyboard shortcuts to rewind a few seconds, too.

Please add the ability to move the playhead using keyboard shortcuts during playback, particularly:

(a)
    Rewind n secs (add "n" to Preferences, so the user…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Different coloured markers, with pre-setable marker names, with different assignable shortcut keys.

Different coloured markers, with pre-setable marker names, with different assignable shortcut keys.

This would help me during recording to mark editing comments simply by pressing shortcut keys.

It would even be better if certain markers have macros assigned to them that are performed after recording. For example i mark hesitation ("ummmm") sound which visually and audably are very identifiable. It sould be great if during recording I put a pre-programmed special marker by me on these syllables, and after finishing recording, macros are executed to remove these. A reviewing option of each marker would make it more ideal too.

I…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Snapping to markers doesn't work. So... fixing that is an idea.

I have snapping turn on, and snapping to markers turned on. It just doesn't work. Screen grab of my multitrack session attached.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. mp3 export from audition is bad (compared)

I just discovered that when saving a file as MP3, the quality is very poor, even at 320kbps CBR.

I simply noticed with my ears that it sounded muddy. When I checked the waveform it was confirmed.

So see if this is the best MP3 has to offer, I did a similar export (320Kbps CBR) using Izotope RX6.

And the export from RX6 sounded much better and punchier, with a similar file size. This too can be confirmed in the attached screenshot.

Please improve.. So many MP3's, unnecessarily sounding bad... :-(

I won't be using it anymore, but many people…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. increase/decrease Clip Gain by keycommand (external controller)

I come from a Nuendo background and there we had the option to increase/decrease the clip gain by +/- 1 dB with a keycommand (or with a Hardware controller).

we have the "clip gain" command but that only brings up the clip preferences up and puts the cursor at the numeric value.. so, still al lot mouse or numeric keypad hassle for a simple level adjustment..

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fill left with right (and right with left) from Premiere

The ability to directly open a premiere project in Audition to do the audio work is great, nice job Adobe. But, I often use 'fill left with right' or right with left as the mic is normally only into one channel or the other channel is unsuitable. It is a fast 'effect' added at track level in Premiere but it is shown as not supported when you open the project in Audition. Messes up the entire audio at the point where you want to finish the audio. This would be so helpful for video editors, please

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I wonder if the “Source Channel Routing” could be expanded to map this ‘effect’ easily. Right now, the SCRis limited to one unique channel assignment per clip channel, but it might be easy enough to modify.

Ideally, Premiere should make it simpler to convert a stereo clip to mono and toggle the source channel. “Fill x with y” seems a bit of a kludge to me as the result, a multi-mono file, has the same output results with a lot more complexity.

I’ll enter a feature request. Thanks.
    Edit: Request: 4199707

9. Bounce to Split Tracks

Add a "Bounce to Split Tracks" option, which could merge the "Bounce to new track" action, with "Extract channels to mono files" in one single step in the multitrack editor.

I record video with 2 lavalier microphones on the left and right channel, and it would be a great way to save the extra steps when working on the sound mix in audition!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Using Waveform Editor as a source monitor

It would be great to be able to use Waveform Editor as a source monitor like in Premiere Pro. Basic functionality is there already, (you can insert selection into a multitrack session) but the interface could be more intuitive to use. Easiest way to implement this would be allowing Audition to have both Editors in separate panels so they could be stacked side by side. Ability to drag and drop a selected portion of the clip from a Waveform Editor to Multitrack Editor would be much faster and more intuitive than just blindly copying stuff from one editor to another.…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Waveform Editor Grid

I would like to have the option to toggle the visibility of the Waveform Editor Grid. This feature was available in legacy versions of Audition.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make it less dark

can't see a thing

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dragging a stereo clip onto two mono tracks creates two mono clips

Occasionally, you'll have a stereo audio clip where one side might be a boom mic, and the other might be a wireless lapel (lav) mic.

A nice feature would be the ability to drag that clip over two mono tracks, and have Audition automatically split the clip into two separate mono clips, which can then be edited and mixed independently.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. OSCILLATORS

Audition should have advanced oscillators for better synthetic sound effects creations.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a single button to arm all tracks for record in Multitrack Session

I record 32 tracks of live audio coming into Audition via Dante. It is cumbersome to click each individual track to arm them all for recording. A single "arm all" button would make this task so much faster.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Accessibility improvements for blind users

Welcome
    I am blind user of your trial version of adobe audition, however i am totally blind user with big experience of using Windows operating system and MacOS with screen readers. Unfortunatelly the adobe audition has not accessible on both platforms. It is most important to add the accessibility features to your APP such as accessibility assistant in acrobat reader. There are lots of users with visually empires around the world who use the computers and mobile devices as second eyes. I am radio journalist and editing audio material is my work, so adding this feature will improve my work…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When will Audition finally make full use of iMac Pro hardware. Horrible to have to wait 3 hours on an $8,000 machine with 64GB and 8 cores

I'm so disappointed by Adobe Audition. Simply stretching the file is about to take 3 hours, even though the iMac Pro has 64GB of RAM, 8 cores, 16 threads and still it uses 9% of the resources.

Can't wait to switch to another product that is ahead with the time...

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve Marker autonaming/numbering

Currently when using keystroke M to add markers, Audition names the new marker with the prefix specified in the Marker Prefix field in Preferences and a 2 cipher number is assigned sequentially with no user control.

The requested upgrades would be:

1) Allow users to set/reset starting number during a session, regardless of existing markers

2) If user sets a new Marker, then immediately renames it in the Marker panel, a pop dialog box could then prompt user if new markers should be named with the same prefix (this prompt could have a “Do not show me again” checkbox so…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Audition has encountered an error

When I try to open a file from the file menu, I get this error:

"Audition Error

NSObjectNotAvailableException

DVAMacOpenPanel is not a supported subclass for sandboxing"

I've attached a screen grab.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring Premiere Pro's Relink Method to Audition

Premiere Pro has an excellent method of relinking media files. If media isn't present in its last known place, it provides a window that tells you all the files that are missing and its last known location.

Audition only informs you that there is X number of files missing, and when you relink, it gives you one file to relink at a time, with no information where Audition thinks its last location is.

Additionally, Premiere Pro will automatically find remaining files based on the last location of the relinked file. Adobe Audition does not. Having this additional functionality would be…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base