Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fill left with right (and right with left) from Premiere

The ability to directly open a premiere project in Audition to do the audio work is great, nice job Adobe. But, I often use 'fill left with right' or right with left as the mic is normally only into one channel or the other channel is unsuitable. It is a fast 'effect' added at track level in Premiere but it is shown as not supported when you open the project in Audition. Messes up the entire audio at the point where you want to finish the audio. This would be so helpful for video editors, please

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I wonder if the “Source Channel Routing” could be expanded to map this ‘effect’ easily. Right now, the SCRis limited to one unique channel assignment per clip channel, but it might be easy enough to modify.

Ideally, Premiere should make it simpler to convert a stereo clip to mono and toggle the source channel. “Fill x with y” seems a bit of a kludge to me as the result, a multi-mono file, has the same output results with a lot more complexity.

I’ll enter a feature request. Thanks.
    Edit: Request: 4199707

2. Bounce to Split Tracks

Add a "Bounce to Split Tracks" option, which could merge the "Bounce to new track" action, with "Extract channels to mono files" in one single step in the multitrack editor.

I record video with 2 lavalier microphones on the left and right channel, and it would be a great way to save the extra steps when working on the sound mix in audition!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Using Waveform Editor as a source monitor

It would be great to be able to use Waveform Editor as a source monitor like in Premiere Pro. Basic functionality is there already, (you can insert selection into a multitrack session) but the interface could be more intuitive to use. Easiest way to implement this would be allowing Audition to have both Editors in separate panels so they could be stacked side by side. Ability to drag and drop a selected portion of the clip from a Waveform Editor to Multitrack Editor would be much faster and more intuitive than just blindly copying stuff from one editor to another.…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it less dark

can't see a thing

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dragging a stereo clip onto two mono tracks creates two mono clips

Occasionally, you'll have a stereo audio clip where one side might be a boom mic, and the other might be a wireless lapel (lav) mic.

A nice feature would be the ability to drag that clip over two mono tracks, and have Audition automatically split the clip into two separate mono clips, which can then be edited and mixed independently.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OSCILLATORS

Audition should have advanced oscillators for better synthetic sound effects creations.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to lock vertical zoom for individual tracks

I sometimes have one or more tracks that I want to keep fairly tall all the time so I can see their audio in more detail, while other tracks can usually stay as small (vertically) as possible. But when I do need to zoom those small ones and then zoom them all the way back out, my tall ones also get zoomed out. If I could lock them, I'd be much happier.
    A variation on this idea would be zooming proportionally when some tracks have been individually zoomed, so the small ones get bigger and the big ones get even…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. An option to attach markers to clips in multitrack view, rather than attaching them to the timeline

Currently in Audition's multitrack editor, markers can only be attached to the timeline. It would be helpful to have an option to attach markers to individual clips, so that when those clips are moved in the timeline the markers move with them.

The only way to achieve this right now is to go into waveform view and place a marker there. This is pretty inconvenient and involves a lot of clicking back and forth between views.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Audition has encountered an error

When I try to open a file from the file menu, I get this error:

"Audition Error

NSObjectNotAvailableException

DVAMacOpenPanel is not a supported subclass for sandboxing"

I've attached a screen grab.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Album Art for podcast available in multitrack for export to mp3

I edit a million podcasts and I love that I can template my id3 data so that when I export it's part of the file. But it drives me crazy that I have to export to an mp3 and then open that mp3 to add album art to it.

Is there not a way to add the art to the multitrack and just let it sit there and then add it when exporting the mp3? This would save a ton of time and also add a feature that could give Audtion an advantage over other editors. Many people own 3rd…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. marker, bin, bpm

I am a great user for a long time of the adobe products that I consider very performing. The program I use and know best is premiere, after less used after effects, and finally audition. I must note that audition beyond the integrations through the dynamic link seems a somewhat anomalous program. There are no folders in which to sort different files, there is no premiere export of clip markers that are displayed in audition, if you want to work on a part of the sequence to premiere and then another part, the chaos of files in the project audition,…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Effects rack preset folders/organization

The ability to organize presets into folders would be extremely helpful.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. NEED to be able to copy/paste automation data in Multitrack view.

Automation data needs to be able to be copy/pasted to other tracks, or saved with the effects rack preset.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ATMOS, 7.1, et cetera - Mixing and Mastering for immversive formats!

Hello, Audition-Team!
    Blackmagic Design just rolled out some pretty impressive audio additions to Resolve 16... these SHOULD be in reach for Audition's next release - hopefully. Hey, we're talking about a Color-Grading-Suite regarding Resolve! Function and interface are looking pretty good there.
    Great work so far, Adobe, but THIS and bins to better organize your project... would go a LONG way to be future(/present)-proof.
    Best, Michael

Features in DaVinci Resolve 16: https://youtu.be/8fmvUsBPJn8?t=1218

PS: Truly great new steps in the current version! Loving it!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Track Transfer from one Multitrack Session to another

After I record ADR or FOLEY cues in my Record Templates, I want to be able to import those unedited tracks into my Edit/Mix Session that already exists. I can copy clips from tracks, but I can't import tracks with the settings and names, etc. ProTools has this feature. I can't find a way to do this in Audition. It is so necessary for a smooth post audio workflow. Thanks.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More options for playback speed

Instead of just double speed, allow playback to have a speed like in Premiere so you can understand what someone is saying. Having the same JKL keys and speeds as Premiere or a variable preference setting would be amazing.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make Audition available for linux

Make Audition available for linux

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. remix

Adobe Audition crashes when enable remix is selected. Every time, no matter which file I'm trying to remix.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. multi select of effect in the effects rack to copy and paste fast to another track

I want to be able to multi select effects in the effect track, in wafeform and in multitrack to quickly copy and paste them to other tracks. And a function with that I can bypass all selected effects at once in Mixer view

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Note Pad and Track Notes or Project Memo

I would like to safe notes and memos on a project or track that auto saves with the files / project

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base