Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include ripple edit and rolling edit tool.

Currently, it's still easier to edit VO for a podcast in Premiere as you don't have to select a bunch of clips to move a simple edit. It would be great to include ripple edit and rolling edit.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. adjust relative clip gain

'Adjust clip gain' appears to be absolute only.
    e.g. select a number of clips, call up properties | 'clip gain' and type +6dB - actually sets them all to 6dB - should be an option for a relative adjustment.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow nesting if sessions

eg

Session1: Interview recording - needs 2nd mic muting when not used (with appropriate fades), eq, compression, level adjustments etc.

Session2: editorial cut of session1, music added etc

Ideally it would also be possible to ‘relink’ the session 1 to an updated version.

Why?:

Mainly to enable 2 people to work concurrently in a fast turnaround situation but also there are times when the same interview may be used multiple times for different shows. Be very useful to have non-destructive & tweakable cleaned master interview.

Bonus question:

Are there other DAWs that have this? Certainly some NLEs do.

(Workaround currently…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multitrack: Add transitions across time selection

Coming from an NLE background we are well used to ‘add transitions‘ to a bunch of edits (including ‘match frame/split/add’ edits).

Why? Among many other reasons:
    1. To smooth removal of sections (eg umms, coughs, non-speaking sections of iso mics)
    2. To smooth transitions between levels of clip gain (eg to compensate for off mic sections )

So it’s definitely a very useful thing to be able to do.

IMO Avid media composer does it best with ‘add transitions in to out’ (in to out = time selection) with a dialogue that offers duration of transition, and position (ends at…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please Add Rewire Support

I need to be able to score films. This requires the use of external music creation software like Reason, and East/West's amazing sample library via their Play app. Just add rewire or some other method so I can create the soundtrack in realtime with the video track. I am otherwise forced to use other applications and audition is useless after the dialog editing. Honestly, this is the only multitrack audio software that doesn't support it. More frustratingly Audition used to support Rewire technology. I see youtube videos showing how to do it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the option to categorize things into folders/Groups while editing similar to photoshop.

separate different multi track projects into groups or folders to be more organized.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to play karaoke format files and have the 'lyrics' display on a seperate panel/external monitor

We get a lot of karaoke singers in the studio and this would be a great boon.
    Something similar could be used for dialogue overdubs by displaying text on a separate screen as the timeline progresses

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. One-Way Mix-Paste Cross Fade

The cross fade option while mix-pasting is great, but i would love to be able to set it to crossfade just the top or just the tail (or both like it is now) depending on the situation.

Example...

I want to mix-paste something, but want it to cross fade at the start of the paste, and be a straight cut style paste at the end of it.

I will try to explain better if that didn't make sense.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve Spot Healing Brush Tool (stop leaving gaps of silence behind)

Using the Spot Healing Brush Tool tends to leave holes that are quieter than the surrounding audio, which is rarely what we'd want. The only time the tool truly works well is if you've recorded audio in a perfect environment with no audible noise floor. That's not how the real world typically works, though.

Just to visualize what I mean, try this:
    - Effects > Generate > Noise and Apply
    - Use the Spot Healing Brush Tool above the 1.5k range
    - notice that you're leaving holes of quietness behind wherever you paint

It would be incredible if the algorithm…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Spectral Pan and Frequency

I know this might have been a fairly esoteric feature back in the Audition 3 days, but I'd like to have the Spectral Pan and Frequency displays back. They were quite useful for surgical editing of the stereo image. I don't imagine they would be that hard to re-implement.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add ability to import AAF

Hi there // the ability to import AAF is so necessary. I mean, this embedded AAF i just received opens in Davinci Resolve, why can't it be opened in Adobe's audio program? Seems pretty basic.

Guess I'll move off Audition and into Resolve's Fairlight page.

Enjoy my subscription money anyway, what is it now, $960AUS a year? ****, you guys are killin it!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Marquee Selection of keyframes in multitrack

being able to use a rectangle/marquee tool to select and remove keyframes in the track envelopes would be extremly helpful.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a feature to synchronize few tracks in multi-track

Add a feature to synchronize few tracks in multi-track

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please change the font size and the color schemes: too hard to read!

I couldn't believe it the first time I opened the new Adobe Audition interface. The gray on gray and tiny font is IMPOSSIBLE to read easily in any color "scheme". Please go back to the previous Adobe Audition interface, which was wonderful and much easier.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Effects rack preset folders/organization

The ability to organize presets into folders would be extremely helpful.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. NEED to be able to copy/paste automation data in Multitrack view.

Automation data needs to be able to be copy/pasted to other tracks, or saved with the effects rack preset.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Use the same keyboard shortcuts for the Razor Cut Tool in Audition and Premiere

It's infuriating switching between the two programs and having to mentally switch between using 'C' in Premiere and 'R' in Audition. They do the same thing, so they should use the same shortcut.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Find clips in multitrack timeline

A search window for the timeline, similar to that in files panel, to search for clips in the timeline.

Discussion- https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2572083

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. multi select of effect in the effects rack to copy and paste fast to another track

I want to be able to multi select effects in the effect track, in wafeform and in multitrack to quickly copy and paste them to other tracks. And a function with that I can bypass all selected effects at once in Mixer view

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Save a project in waveform view that keeps all history and effects (plus their settings).

Currently, the only way to save a file in waveform view is to expert it as a sounds file (e.g. .WAV or .MP3). However, this is a destructive process that forces you to lose your history and the effects/settings.

I'd like to save the project I'm working on so I can return to it later and see the history, the effects used, and all the settings of a given single audio file.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base