Skip to content

Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1078 results found

1. The tabs disposition

(unless you have a 4k monitor in full resolution), Audition has many panels to keep under control or easy to consult and on full HD 1920x1080 monitors the space is always too small ... and the panels always too many, many to keep open ...
    I'd like a more fluid management, collapsible panels like photoshop (up to icons only), groups of panels that collapse at the bottom or top snap, and no that every time you have to pull them up and down manually then always change the appearance and the size of the panels, how can this be done?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. allow me to add to the recording in waveform or multitrack without recording over existing track

Why can't one record in an existing track without recording over what is already there? I know, I have read where Audition functions like the old tape recorders. Except tape recorders are pretty much obsolete.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. BUG: Adobe Audition STILL unable to access browser in MacOS Catalina 10.15.3

Adobe Audition (13.0.3.60) STILL is unable to access the browser in MacOS Catalina (10.15.3). Example: When clicking "browse" (see screen shot), you get an error (see screen shot).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Audition: Typo in deDE on Restore after Crash UI

When Audition starts after having crashed, there's a typo on the button "Löschen", see attached image.

I know, our Umlauts are a pain in the accessories. ;)

Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable Copy Paste between Audition and other apps

This would function the same way that copy pasting between Premiere and After Effects. To quickly enable bringing something into Audition to be edited, or to bring in a VO you just recorded to premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adobe Audition 3.0 was great. Then executives started redesign. The result is horrible.

We were gifted with keypads that interface with Cool Edit 2000's menus. Naturally, each iteration of this product embraces changes to the menus that make the keypads unworkable. This is a radio reading service for the blind. There are 16 recording studios. Volunteers (400 of them) use Cool Edit 2000 (yes, 20 years old) because the keypads work with legacy software but not with anything published later by Adobe as Audition. As a man with a graduate degree in Computer Science I am a software developer. I know what is and what is not possible. You guys know P/L statements.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Move markers with duration as a whole

Currently one can only move the In/Out points of any given marker.

If I have a duration marker that starts at 0 second and ends at 1 second and I want to move the marker to start at 2 seconds, I have to first move the in-point to 2 seconds and then the end-point to 3 seconds if I want to keep the duration of the marker. It would be great if duration markers could be moved like in After Effects, where the entire marker can be repositioned without adjusting the duration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Return Playhead to Start Position on Esc key

There is this option: "Return Playhead to Start Position on Stop" already.

But I wonder why it couldn't work like it works in After Effects? It's a bit confusing to have different ways to do the same thing depending on the Adobe application. Especially when you work with these apps the same time (dynami links and so on).

After Effects:
    'Space' key stops the Playhead
    'Escape' key returns Playhead to Start Position on Stop

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Display with 3D waves option

Adobe Audition advertising shows sound display in 3D waves, but this option must to be included in the settings menu, please, there not exist :D

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display with 3D waves option

Adobe Audition advertising shows sound display in 3D waves, but this option must to be included in the settings menu, please, there not exist :D

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Computer speakers make noise when Audition 2020 is running on Mac

When running Audition 2020 on a Mac, the computer speakers will make noise. This kind of noise is similar to the noise at the bottom of the current. It is not very sharp and needs to be heard in a quiet environment, or you can hear it by placing your ear near the computer's speaker. When you click the Finder icon in the Dock, the noise disappears. When you click the Audition icon again, the noise appears again when you switch back. My computer is a MacBookPro 16-inch and the system is macOS 10.15.2, 10.15.3. In addition, I also found…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display with 3D waves option

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. window pops up somewhere off screen

When I go to open the audio plug-in manager the window pops up somewhere off screen and I can't work out how to find it. Happens in all Adobe programs, when a dialogue box pops up it usually half off the screen. Any ideas for getting windows to pop up in view? or is there another way to install plug-ins without the plug-in manager dialogue box?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Reintroduce boundary line feature missing since Adobe v3.0 and prior

It would be extremely helpful to bring back the boundary lines feature, which allow us a visual cue to leveling audio across multiple users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In multitrack: option to apply or commit cuts and save clip as new file

If I have a file that's 50 minutes long and place it in a track, then end up only using 5 minutes of it (whether cut with razor or trimming by moving the ends of the clip), I'd like to be able to tell Audition to make a new audio file that includes only the part I'm using, save it (allowing me to name it if I want), and place it in the mix instead of the long one, keeping all keyframes, effects, etc. As it is now I have to try to find that exact portion of the file…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A more visible indicator that a track is pre-rendering

When you have more tracks than can fit vertically on the screen at once, and some are set to pre-render, you have to watch for the little circle turning blue as you scroll to know if something is prerendering. I would like one of the following:
    1. The entire track properties/info area at the left end of the track turns a different color instead of the same gray as other tracks (or turns a tinted version of gray). Allow user to select what the color is.
    2. The whole track or at least the info/properties area is given a bright…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. the missing script option must be added back to the audiotion program

the missing script option must be added back to the audiotion program

it is an option that by clicking on configuration files opens a list of options and under that "script" that option helped to import text document files

for subliminal decoding

and several more options

I was in cs3, I think, and in cs6 that option doesn't appear anymore, I should go back, please please thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have an adobe rant ...I had always used Soundbooth, it's easier to use in my opinion. When audition opens up for new users it opens up th

I have an adobe rant ...I had always used Soundbooth, it's easier to use in my opinion. When audition opens up for new users it opens up the sound file in voice track mode and I was so agitated because I couldn't figure out how to edit it or change the interface I tried changing the workspaces and still no way to edit the file, I would have never thought to click on multitrack because i only had one sound file not multiple files. I really hate that audition is so poorly designed a person well versed in other applications…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Audition constantly crashing

Summary: Audition is frequently and randomly crashing. I'm working on a podcast which uses a lot of movie clips and a few different interview tracks. A lot of the video files are mp4s, but they seem to be generating new wav files fine. My Conformed Files folder is huge tho. It was working fine for about a month and then it started to crash on me. Now it's happening all the time and I can't figure out why!

I've reached out to Adobe support twice: once through chat and one phone call. Nothing has worked. So far I have done…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here