Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Besides having after effect styles bins for organizing audio assets, it would be great to able to make audio 'comps'

Similar to how you can make smaller comps in after effects, and then import it into a larger project without merging the original assets; it would be great to be able to make audio 'comps' in audition. For example, in terminator 2, they used three or four different sound effects (including the roar of a lion) to create a distinct sound of the terminator shotgun. Instead of needing to lay down the four effects each time you want the shotgun sound, you could make a separate multitrack with the four sound effects, and then just nest that distinct 'comp' multitrack…

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. First you should make it compatible once again with the 32 Bit plugins, and also make it compatible with Slates plugins, like VMR and the VM

First you should make it compatible once again with the 32 Bit plugins, and also make it compatible with Slates plugins, like VMR and the VMS

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Frequency editing in Photoshop and back to audition

It would be nice to be able to export a wavfile as picture, edit it in Photoshop and the reimport the picture to audition. So every manipulation on the picture in photoshop has effect on the wavfile.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More CD-Master options and Exportpossibilities

It would be helpful to be able to get the tracknames, trackorder and length as cleartext when creating an album. Also more options to define pauses and trackmarkers like CD-Architect.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve Spot Healing Brush Tool (stop leaving gaps of silence behind)

Using the Spot Healing Brush Tool tends to leave holes that are quieter than the surrounding audio, which is rarely what we'd want. The only time the tool truly works well is if you've recorded audio in a perfect environment with no audible noise floor. That's not how the real world typically works, though.

Just to visualize what I mean, try this:
    - Effects > Generate > Noise and Apply
    - Use the Spot Healing Brush Tool above the 1.5k range
    - notice that you're leaving holes of quietness behind wherever you paint

It would be incredible if the algorithm…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Spectral Pan and Frequency

I know this might have been a fairly esoteric feature back in the Audition 3 days, but I'd like to have the Spectral Pan and Frequency displays back. They were quite useful for surgical editing of the stereo image. I don't imagine they would be that hard to re-implement.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Spectral Waveform Amplitude Visualization Adjustment

After Effects has an knob in the Composition panel that is labelled "Adjust Exposure (affects view only)." This knob allows you to adjust the exposure to see what's going on better without affecting the final product at all.

I would like a near identical feature inside Audition for the amplitude of a Spectral Waveform view.

I work on a lot of quiet audio and it can be very hard to see. We don't dynamically compress audio until the end of our workflow in Premiere. Being able to visualize at a higher (or lower) amplitude would be incredible on the eyes

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to lock vertical zoom for individual tracks

I sometimes have one or more tracks that I want to keep fairly tall all the time so I can see their audio in more detail, while other tracks can usually stay as small (vertically) as possible. But when I do need to zoom those small ones and then zoom them all the way back out, my tall ones also get zoomed out. If I could lock them, I'd be much happier.
    A variation on this idea would be zooming proportionally when some tracks have been individually zoomed, so the small ones get bigger and the big ones get even…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. An option to attach markers to clips in multitrack view, rather than attaching them to the timeline

Currently in Audition's multitrack editor, markers can only be attached to the timeline. It would be helpful to have an option to attach markers to individual clips, so that when those clips are moved in the timeline the markers move with them.

The only way to achieve this right now is to go into waveform view and place a marker there. This is pretty inconvenient and involves a lot of clicking back and forth between views.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Don't change volume until "return"

If I'm listening to a session, and decide I want to change a track's volume from -23 to -26, typing that will cause the track to adjust to -2 for a moment while I'm typing. That's super annoying. I want the track volume to change only after I hit return.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Dolby Atmos + smaller improvements

A Dolby atmos workflow and export is a very much needed implementation due to how much sound design is directed towards multi-channel audio now more than never with so many platforms it is now available on, such as Netflix and many triple A games. What people are wanting is a 3d workspace for moving objects or sound tracks. The current implementation we have is a circle that we can move around to pan and spread the audio across the channels. What we would need from a 3d workflow would be a cube (simulating a room) or a sphere (a new…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. An optional 3 second countdown timer after you click the record button

To create a news recording I hit the record button. A window pops up to enter the file name. When you click OK the recording start immediately. A countdown timer would allow time to inhale and prepare for recording.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow nesting if sessions

eg

Session1: Interview recording - needs 2nd mic muting when not used (with appropriate fades), eq, compression, level adjustments etc.

Session2: editorial cut of session1, music added etc

Ideally it would also be possible to ‘relink’ the session 1 to an updated version.

Why?:

Mainly to enable 2 people to work concurrently in a fast turnaround situation but also there are times when the same interview may be used multiple times for different shows. Be very useful to have non-destructive & tweakable cleaned master interview.

Bonus question:

Are there other DAWs that have this? Certainly some NLEs do.

(Workaround currently…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More flexible playback speed

Playback speed is limited to just a few speeds. Sometimes they are either too fast. Would love to be able to more accurately control playback speed like some other DAWs allow.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Built in effect with more graphic and visally feedback User Interface

I would appriciate it very much, that the AA built in effects would have more visual feedback, for seeing what is going on, for example, the compressors with showing the gain reduction an meters etc like the famous purchase plugins and i would like them to have a graphic User Interface with knobs and stuff like that.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ripple delete autoplay

When I do a ripple delete in the multitrack view, it would be nice if the time selection tool jumped back about 1 second and autoplayed to allow me to hear the edit i just made. This would be very handy for removing a a lot of vocal fillers from a section on speech.

I don't like the current process of making a cut, clicking back, then pressing the space bar to listen back to my cut. It may seem trivial but when you have to remove something like 30 "ummms" in a minute, this is would save a good…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Play reduced speed with jkl if you press jk or kl

Hi, if you are editing the audio of an Interview it would be great if we could get the functionality of avids jkl edit function. If you press both keys at a time the playback is reduced on the fly. its much intuitive then having to switch between keys. Also if you press j or l twice it speeds up the playback. So you are able to slow down or speed up the playback while editing and it gives you much more precision to edit the content.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug: can't drag individual samples or right-click to enter value like in previous versions.

Bug: can't drag individual samples or right-click to enter value like in previous versions.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base