Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use Lame MP3 Encoder to dramatically improve quality

Title says it all, even though the MP3 license has expired it is still used by a large majority of people and it is still offered as an Export option in Audition. With the current Fraunhofer encoder at CBR 320, there is a brickwall at the 16kHz frequency, which removes a lot of the higher frequencies during compression (therefore decreasing the quaility). On the other hand, the LAME encoder does not have this issue and extends its range to 20kHz (maximum a human can hear). Many other DAWs use this while Audition is the only one that has not taken…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Epidemic Sound & Adobe Audition Integration

Now that Premiere Pro has integrated the Pandemic Sound music library into the Essential Sound panel and users everywhere are enjoying the ease of use that comes along with this arrangement, it begs the obvious question: why not have this same functionality in Audition? This would be an absolutely game changing feature for those of us who spend extended amounts of time in Audition and who also regularly need to audition music from outside sources.

I'm also surprised that evidently no one here has asked this question yet, unless I have missed it. So, let's make some noise fellow audio…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Utilize CPUs better when mixing down to file

I have a podcast template with 6 voice tracks, a dialog bus, SFX / music tracks and a final mix/check bus before master. I have 1-2 VST effects on each of these. Mixing down a 2 hour podcast episode will easily take an hour on a pretty decent machine - with 15% CPU utilization.

I realize this is complex, but couldn't the mixdown process be modularized to take advantage of multiple CPUs in the system, and thus probably reduce the mixdown time greatly?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move multiple markers at once

I do a lot of audios with multiple markers and have to move audios several times, adding some more or cutting others.

In this matter, I have to move several markers at once and it is currently impossible. What works though is inserting a silence to move all the next markers at once, but that's not convenient at all because it has to break some tracks.

So having a simple feature that, after having selected several markers in the "marker panel", allow us to move these markers with a duration would be a huge time saving !

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Album Art for podcast available in multitrack for export to mp3

I edit a million podcasts and I love that I can template my id3 data so that when I export it's part of the file. But it drives me crazy that I have to export to an mp3 and then open that mp3 to add album art to it.

Is there not a way to add the art to the multitrack and just let it sit there and then add it when exporting the mp3? This would save a ton of time and also add a feature that could give Audtion an advantage over other editors. Many people own 3rd…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ATMOS, 7.1, et cetera - Mixing and Mastering for immversive formats!

Hello, Audition-Team!
    Blackmagic Design just rolled out some pretty impressive audio additions to Resolve 16... these SHOULD be in reach for Audition's next release - hopefully. Hey, we're talking about a Color-Grading-Suite regarding Resolve! Function and interface are looking pretty good there.
    Great work so far, Adobe, but THIS and bins to better organize your project... would go a LONG way to be future(/present)-proof.
    Best, Michael

Features in DaVinci Resolve 16: https://youtu.be/8fmvUsBPJn8?t=1218

PS: Truly great new steps in the current version! Loving it!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Smooth Transitions for New Punch n Roll (non-destructive or destructive) Feature!

The new Punch & Roll feature is great. However, there is one tweak that needs to happen, soon. You shouldn't have to "fade-in" a clip in multitrack to make the "punch-in" transition smooth. The automatic crossfade should work like it did before in multitrack. You also shouldn't have to go back and smooth over punch & roll sections in the waveform editor. For long form narration, this adds editing time which PnR was designed to reduce.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. An optional 3 second countdown timer after you click the record button

To create a news recording I hit the record button. A window pops up to enter the file name. When you click OK the recording start immediately. A countdown timer would allow time to inhale and prepare for recording.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Audition available for linux

Make Audition available for linux

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Multi-Core usage in Audition Please!

hi guys .. my name is dani, i have a beast of a PC with 28 cores to work with and Audition only knows to use one of them, two at best .. my suggestion is to work on multicore usage .. thank you ( btw i have a 150k subscribers youtube channel :D, i have somwhat of a voice) :D thank you ..

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a checkbox in Preferences which allows Audition to play a short notification sound when processing is done

When applying effects to audio or generating noises, Audition can take 30 minutes or more to do its processing. Rather than being required to manually check whether Audition is done processing, it would be wonderful if Audition would play a quick notification sound when the processing finished. This feature would allow me to work in another program while Audition is busy processing until I hear the notification alerting me to the fact that I can go back to working in Audition again.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More flexible playback speed

Playback speed is limited to just a few speeds. Sometimes they are either too fast. Would love to be able to more accurately control playback speed like some other DAWs allow.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Multitrack Marker Move with Cut/Insert

I am editing podcasts and it's great to have markers and even be able to export them to use with tools like Forecast.app to make chapters in the final M4A or MP3 file.

The problem is, I have to add the intro and outro after editing the whole episode. Ofcourse then, all the markers are off by however much I insert in the beginning.

I have yet to find a way to make all the markers move that far (and made myself a script to export, add or remove those minutes/seconds from teh markers, and import the new markers).

I…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Put Manual Pitch Correction as an FX on the multitrack page

This will allow real time manual control over pitch correction using an automation lane as well as providing a reference track for easier tuning.
    The Manual Pitch Correction FX in Audition in the hands of a skilled operator can produce far superior results than 3rd party FX like AutoTune and Melodyne

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. aaf import PLEASE!!!!

Two years since people started asking for this. Still nothing. I guess it's too much trouble. I'll stick with Pro Tools then.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to lock a track to prevent any inadvertant manipulation

Would love to see the ability to lock/and unlock a single track (or multiple tracks) to prevent any further manipulation (including clip movement, level changes, effects additions or changes, etc.). Similar to Premiere Pro's track lock.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. import / export ALL settings! all the presets have been deleted!

is it possible to create an import and export command of all (all) Audition settings ??
    Workspace, Keyboard Controls, Favorites, Effects Racks, Various Effect Settings etc ...
    and create an automatic backup to disk and cloud of these settings ???

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE, I REPEAT (IT IS NOT POSSIBLE !!!) that in 2020 I have to lose ALL THE SETTINGS, THE PRESETS I HAD (not a few) with a trivial update of the same version from 13.0.2 to version 13.0.4 !!!

Now I'm desperate, I haven't even had time to backup!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add the option to export markers to ID3-tags within an mp3-file

Most podcast apps support chapter markers through the ID3-tags, which makes it easier for users to skip to a certain topic they like. In Audition markers are embedded into exported files using XMP and it isn't possible to export them to the ID3-tags of an mp3-file. This means podcast producers must use seperate tooling just to add chapters to an episode. It would be much easier if there was an option to directly export the marks to the ID3-tags.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. AAF

Please add the ability to import and export AAFs, OMFs are being phased out and have limited functionality compared to AAFs. Having the ability to use both would be incredibly useful.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Use diagnostics to quickly select & mute silence (as documented)

It's simple to use Diagnostics to identify all the silence in an audio file. I want to mute (not delete) all the silence.

Oddly, the "Fix by: Deleting Silence" setting is documented to do just that (mute instead of delete), however the implementation doesn't mute. It deletes. You can get the exact behavior by choosing "Fix by: Shortening Silence" to 0ms.

I recommend, fixing the documented feature, then renaming it to "Muting Silence" in the interface (so people can actually find it)

Here's a screenshot of the feature as documented here...
    https://helpx.adobe.com/audition/using/diagnostics-effects-waveform-editor-only.html#delete_silence_and_mark_audio_options

Documentation says:

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base