Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Making the "Heads Up Display" volume control available in the Multitrack

The fastest way to adjust SELECTED areas of the Track is with the "Heads Up Display." Using the Razor is too slow and doesn't get to the results fast enough - your too busy cutting 2 lines around the wave file. And Key Frames as well are too Slow and time consuming (there are times when you do need them but not here.) The Fastest way is to SELECT the Area and quickly bring the VOLUME DOWN. You're done in seconds. Please make accessible the "Heads Up Display" in the MULTITRACK Editor mode. Thank You

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Major Bug! Destructive record in Waveform editor is not always destructive

Record in Audition is supposed to be destructive, but it is inconsistent.

Using punch and roll record sometimes the audio gets over dubbed instead of erased. Every bit of audio needs re-editing to determine if this happened. I have reset the Audition files in library three different times on the advise of tech support, and it still happens.

I cannot attach a sample file because your system does not allow either .wav, or mp3 files.

I have to pay good money for this?
    Please fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Major Bug! Destructive record in Waveform editor is not always destructive

Using punch and roll record sometimes the audio gets over dubbed instead of erased. Every bit of audio needs to be listened to again to determine if this happened. I have reset the Audition files in library three different time on the advise of tech support, and it still happens.
    Please fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Major Bug! Destructive record in Waveform editor is not always destructive

Using punch and roll record sometimes the audio gets over dubbed instead of erased. Every bit of audio needs to be listened to again to determine if this happened. I have reset the Audition files in library three different time on the advise of tech support, and it still happens.
    Please fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please, please have one of your engineers fix the new duration window, in the stretch and pitch effect drop down.

Every time I go to change the duration in the stretch and pitch effect, I go to the new duration box, highlight the duration already in the box, and go to enter the new duration i am trying to adjust it to, upon entering the duration I am trying to adjust it to the existing duration adjustment in the box should automatically be erased when highlighted. Instead the new duration that I'm typing in begins to entered in front of the highlighted numbers I was trying to erase. I have to intentionally go in and erase the numbers and then…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix the snyching issue

When using multitrack editor the clips slip out of synch with each other (and often within one track) when multiple tracks are moved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Exportable Effect Presets --> Premiere Pro

I would love to be able to bring an effect preset (either track effect, or clip effect) into Premiere Pro, as they have many of the same effect types.

For example, I have a Parametric EQ preset that I originally created in Audition, and would like to easily implement in Premiere Pro.

Thank you! Upvote if this sounds userful <3

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUG: Audition's Audio Hardware Settings Changing

My audio hardware settings don't align with where my audio is actually coming from. I set it to come from my headset, and sometimes it works, but other times it seems to 'forget' and play from my speakers. This doesn't appear to be an issue with my headset nor my speakers, nor the firmware otherwise controlling them, as I'm still able to play sound from Premiere Pro through both (as set in its settings section) without issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG - Drawbot error when effects applied on Windows machine

Audition crashes every time I apply a multiband compressor to any audio file, returning a drawbot error.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I need to be able to lock the Zoom for long-form narration

I've waited years for the addition of Punch and Roll recording. Awesome! Added. However, when I hit stop after recording, Audition automatically zooms to show the entire segment I just recorded. This is REALLY annoying while actually DOING punch and roll recording because I have to be at a specific zoom level to know where to place the playhead. Without the option to lock the zoom in place, I am constantly having to zoom in or out to correctly see where in the audio I want to start recording again.

The reason this is an issue, is because you NEED…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Don't freeze track until stop in multitrack.

If I update settings on a frozen track while it's playing, it will freeze the track while playing, causing a brief interrupt in the sound. I would prefer it NOT to freeze until I hit stop. Because sometimes maybe I want to make 2-3 adjustments, in which case it's needlessly processing the freeze info.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. No input signal from Roland TriCapture

Addition 12.1.2 on Mojave. I cannot get input signal from Roland TriCapture USB audio interface. Microphone access is granted. Roland says since I can record sound from TriCapture using QuickTime, their driver is working correctly and it’s an Audition issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Error when importing lengthy audio directly into multitrack instead of first into files

When I import an audio file that's just short of an hour long directly into the multitrack, it is arbitrarily shortened by about 15 seconds. If I drop it into "Files" first, this error doesn't occur.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Audition 2019 Popping Bug with Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

This issue only affects Audition 2019 v12.x with the Scarlett hardware.
    If I use v12.x with the motherboard audio it is fine.
    If I use v11.1.1 with the Scarlett or motherboard it is fine.

Audition 2019 v12.x, all versions, have an issue with clicking and popping when using the Scarlett.
    Audition 2018 v11.1.1 and all other Windows audio applications on the system will work perfectly fine.
    The clicking and popping is not seen in the waveform display, and randomly occurs when playing back audio in Audition 2019.
    If I record a new audio file with all Scarlett inputs at zero,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Paintbrush selection needs an adjustable feathering option

We have Size and Opacity which are fine, but for the purposes of selecting a frequency-steady background noise, it would be much better if the painted selection could be made with a feathered edge, just like a brush in Photoshop, such that any changes made to the selection would decrease towards the outer edges of the selection.

This would allow for smoother changes, as currently a change will effect 100% of the selected area, and anything outside will be 0% changed. This can result in a harsh, unnatural transition between frequencies.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hide the "search help" field from the toolbar.

Or at least make it so that the cursor does not default to that location when I open an audio file.

It is super annoying when I open a file and press SPACE to play the audio and not have play because the cursor is in that dang search bar field. Having to click into the audio Editor window just to play the audio is not something a user should have to do every time they open a file.

This is an audio program, it should be the default behavior to allow SPACE to play the audio immediately after opening…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Capture noise print (shift-P) does not work unless Noise Reduction Effect module has been opened first

This has been an issue for as long as I can remember, but currently with OS X and Audition CC 2018 11.0.0.199.

Basically, upon launching Audition and opening an audio file, I am able to select a portion of audio, then press Shift-P to define an audio print, however when I open the Noise Reduction effect module (Cmd-Shift-P) and preview or Apply the settings the resulting processed audio has not changed. I have to re-define the noise print in order for it to work.

Note- If I first launch the Noise Reduction module (Cmd-Shift-P) and then capture the noise print…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Audition crashes when exit the program

Hi there!!!

I'm using the soundboard "MOTU AVB Ultralite" ASIO. When I'm exiting the program, it crashes. All settings are saved and all are normal in the program. Only crash when exiting after the last update. Premiere are normal with the last update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Audition crashes in recording with OSX 10.14.5

Every time I record a few segments, Audition crashes at the beginning or ending of the recording interval.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG REPORT: Changing Sorting of Effects Menu Breaks Custom VST Effects Hotkeys

After assigning VST3 effects plugins to custom keyboard shortcuts, changing the "Sort Effect Menu By:" setting (Edit=>Preferences=>Effects) will reassign the hotkey to other effects. Interestingly though, the hotkey menu will still show the old effect name (not sure if that survives an app restart or not).

Presumably Audition assigns an ID/address to the effect which is used while assigning hotkeys, but rearranging the menu rearranges the ID assignments. Obviously these two functions should be independent of one another.

Audition version: 12.0.1.34
    Windows 10.0.17134

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base