Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multitrack Marker Move with Cut/Insert

I am editing podcasts and it's great to have markers and even be able to export them to use with tools like Forecast.app to make chapters in the final M4A or MP3 file.

The problem is, I have to add the intro and outro after editing the whole episode. Ofcourse then, all the markers are off by however much I insert in the beginning.

I have yet to find a way to make all the markers move that far (and made myself a script to export, add or remove those minutes/seconds from teh markers, and import the new markers).

I…

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ambisonic file creation and Ambisonic mixing support

Real Ambisonic file creation and Ambisonic mixing support

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the option to categorize things into folders/Groups while editing similar to photoshop.

separate different multi track projects into groups or folders to be more organized.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to play karaoke format files and have the 'lyrics' display on a seperate panel/external monitor

We get a lot of karaoke singers in the studio and this would be a great boon.
    Something similar could be used for dialogue overdubs by displaying text on a separate screen as the timeline progresses

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Put Manual Pitch Correction as an FX on the multitrack page

This will allow real time manual control over pitch correction using an automation lane as well as providing a reference track for easier tuning.
    The Manual Pitch Correction FX in Audition in the hands of a skilled operator can produce far superior results than 3rd party FX like AutoTune and Melodyne

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. One-Way Mix-Paste Cross Fade

The cross fade option while mix-pasting is great, but i would love to be able to set it to crossfade just the top or just the tail (or both like it is now) depending on the situation.

Example...

I want to mix-paste something, but want it to cross fade at the start of the paste, and be a straight cut style paste at the end of it.

I will try to explain better if that didn't make sense.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have the ability to output video through a blackmagic card to an external monitor

Have the ability to output video through black magic card to an external monitor

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to copy/paste keyframes between tracks

It would be nice to copy/paste keyframe placement between tracks. In this case, I changed the levels in certain areas of a music track that wasn't finished. Instead of going back and reinserting said keyframes at the same values in the finished file, it would be nice to select all keyframes in the unfinished file and paste them in the new file. I've tried doing this and all it does is copy/paste the actual file instead of its keyframes.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use the same keyboard shortcuts for the Razor Cut Tool in Audition and Premiere

It's infuriating switching between the two programs and having to mentally switch between using 'C' in Premiere and 'R' in Audition. They do the same thing, so they should use the same shortcut.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make Audition available for linux

Make Audition available for linux

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multi-Core usage in Audition Please!

hi guys .. my name is dani, i have a beast of a PC with 28 cores to work with and Audition only knows to use one of them, two at best .. my suggestion is to work on multicore usage .. thank you ( btw i have a 150k subscribers youtube channel :D, i have somwhat of a voice) :D thank you ..

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multitrack: Add transitions across time selection

Coming from an NLE background we are well used to ‘add transitions‘ to a bunch of edits (including ‘match frame/split/add’ edits).

Why? Among many other reasons:
    1. To smooth removal of sections (eg umms, coughs, non-speaking sections of iso mics)
    2. To smooth transitions between levels of clip gain (eg to compensate for off mic sections )

So it’s definitely a very useful thing to be able to do.

IMO Avid media composer does it best with ‘add transitions in to out’ (in to out = time selection) with a dialogue that offers duration of transition, and position (ends at…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. No chipmunk on playback with increased speed..

I edit hundreds of hours of audio for podcasts, narration, audiobooks, etc. I like to increase playback but it would be great to do that without the voice chipmunking so bad. On some voices, particularly female voices that are high, that pushes sibilance so high that it almost hurts to listen to. If I watch a youtube video on 1.5, they do not sound like a chipunk.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Solo override Mute

Very simple: an option to have Audition in multitrack mode behave such that soloing a track will temporarily unmute it. As it stands, soloing a muted track does nothing at all, right? Why not have it actually solo the track instead? It's a pain in the butt having to unmute, solo, listen to it, unsolo it, then mute it again....a hundred times a day. This simple option would save a lot of time.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assign automatically track name from file name

When creating an new multi track session, the tracks are labelled "track 1", "track2 ", aso... We have to change these name for good organisation and visibility. Track by track. When you have 35 tracks or more...
    It would be a great time saver to give the possibility to automatically name the tracks by the name of the originating file. Up to the user to eventually rename the tracks before importing, but many are often already well labelled.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please Add Rewire Support

I need to be able to score films. This requires the use of external music creation software like Reason, and East/West's amazing sample library via their Play app. Just add rewire or some other method so I can create the soundtrack in realtime with the video track. I am otherwise forced to use other applications and audition is useless after the dialog editing. Honestly, this is the only multitrack audio software that doesn't support it. More frustratingly Audition used to support Rewire technology. I see youtube videos showing how to do it.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Besides having after effect styles bins for organizing audio assets, it would be great to able to make audio 'comps'

Similar to how you can make smaller comps in after effects, and then import it into a larger project without merging the original assets; it would be great to be able to make audio 'comps' in audition. For example, in terminator 2, they used three or four different sound effects (including the roar of a lion) to create a distinct sound of the terminator shotgun. Instead of needing to lay down the four effects each time you want the shotgun sound, you could make a separate multitrack with the four sound effects, and then just nest that distinct 'comp' multitrack…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. First you should make it compatible once again with the 32 Bit plugins, and also make it compatible with Slates plugins, like VMR and the VM

First you should make it compatible once again with the 32 Bit plugins, and also make it compatible with Slates plugins, like VMR and the VMS

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base