Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offer different kinds of markers.

I would like different kinds of markers which I can show or not. I'd like to be able mark the beginning and ends of tracks, separately from other markers which I might use to remind me of a change in a particular spot or section, or simply remember to come back to. Having different kinds of markers, perhaps even with different colors, would make navigation much easier.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search, Seek Control & Wave Preview in Media Browser

The media browser is great for previewing your media before using them. but for sound designers who have thousands of files, hearing all of them to find the best sound is time-consuming and hard! most of these files are named and tagged, so adding a search field in the media browser will help find the desired SFX way much faster, also sometimes these sounds are short and sometimes they are very long with a lot of silence gaps, so adding a seek control and a preview of the waveform will help make browsing faster and more efficient.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have the ability to output video through a blackmagic card to an external monitor

Have the ability to output video through black magic card to an external monitor

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When will Audition finally make full use of iMac Pro hardware. Horrible to have to wait 3 hours on an $8,000 machine with 64GB and 8 cores

I'm so disappointed by Adobe Audition. Simply stretching the file is about to take 3 hours, even though the iMac Pro has 64GB of RAM, 8 cores, 16 threads and still it uses 9% of the resources.

Can't wait to switch to another product that is ahead with the time...

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to add the metronome track when exporting session

Sometimes I need the click track from the metronome to be exported together with the audio for the client's need (usually a choreographer or music video director).
    My current solution is to use cables and route output to input on my audio interface to record to another track but this is waaay too cumbersome. A simple checkbox on the export dialog would greatly speed up my workflow.

This checkbox could even appear only if you have the metronome toggled on and unmuted.

I attached an image as an example of how it could be.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. reset marker numbering

Currently, when I create a series of markers they are numbered sequentially which is fine. ie, 1, 2, 3... However, if I delete, say Marker 3, and then make a new marker, that one is named is Marker 4.

I would expect the Marker name to resume at 3 since I just deleted 3. This is important to me because I often create selection markers for glossary terms that need to remain in the exact sequence in which they were recorded. If I delete a marker there is no way to go back and reset the count without deleting all…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Assign automatically track name from file name

When creating an new multi track session, the tracks are labelled "track 1", "track2 ", aso... We have to change these name for good organisation and visibility. Track by track. When you have 35 tracks or more...
    It would be a great time saver to give the possibility to automatically name the tracks by the name of the originating file. Up to the user to eventually rename the tracks before importing, but many are often already well labelled.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Move playhead using keyboard shortcuts during playback

While editing a multitrack file I need to quickly rewind to the beginning and In point, resp., to be able to compare two tracks.

For this I'd usually use the keyboard shortcuts <HOME> or <Q> (on my Windows machine). However, none of them work during playback.

Similar situation: I need to quickly rewind 5 or 10 seconds to rehearse a part in the audio. Audition is missing keyboard shortcuts to rewind a few seconds, too.

Please add the ability to move the playhead using keyboard shortcuts during playback, particularly:

(a)
    Rewind n secs (add "n" to Preferences, so the user…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ambisonic file creation and Ambisonic mixing support

Real Ambisonic file creation and Ambisonic mixing support

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Color of the app icon

Why did the color of the Audition app icon change to the same color as After Effects? I liked it more when it was green. It was easier and faster to navigate between apps. Now the only difference is the "e" and "u". Before video was purple and audio green, it was so much easier!
    Anke

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Folders in Files Window

Currently there is no way to organise your imported files within the Files window. I would love to sort my audio files into Music, SFX, Dialogue, Video etc. After Effects and Premiere both support this and would be a great addition to Audition as well.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Album Art for podcast available in multitrack for export to mp3

I edit a million podcasts and I love that I can template my id3 data so that when I export it's part of the file. But it drives me crazy that I have to export to an mp3 and then open that mp3 to add album art to it.

Is there not a way to add the art to the multitrack and just let it sit there and then add it when exporting the mp3? This would save a ton of time and also add a feature that could give Audtion an advantage over other editors. Many people own 3rd…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to copy/paste keyframes between tracks

It would be nice to copy/paste keyframe placement between tracks. In this case, I changed the levels in certain areas of a music track that wasn't finished. Instead of going back and reinserting said keyframes at the same values in the finished file, it would be nice to select all keyframes in the unfinished file and paste them in the new file. I've tried doing this and all it does is copy/paste the actual file instead of its keyframes.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Smooth Transitions for New Punch n Roll (non-destructive or destructive) Feature!

The new Punch & Roll feature is great. However, there is one tweak that needs to happen, soon. You shouldn't have to "fade-in" a clip in multitrack to make the "punch-in" transition smooth. The automatic crossfade should work like it did before in multitrack. You also shouldn't have to go back and smooth over punch & roll sections in the waveform editor. For long form narration, this adds editing time which PnR was designed to reduce.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. An optional 3 second countdown timer after you click the record button

To create a news recording I hit the record button. A window pops up to enter the file name. When you click OK the recording start immediately. A countdown timer would allow time to inhale and prepare for recording.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Audition available for linux

Make Audition available for linux

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. No chipmunk on playback with increased speed..

I edit hundreds of hours of audio for podcasts, narration, audiobooks, etc. I like to increase playback but it would be great to do that without the voice chipmunking so bad. On some voices, particularly female voices that are high, that pushes sibilance so high that it almost hurts to listen to. If I watch a youtube video on 1.5, they do not sound like a chipunk.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Solo override Mute

Very simple: an option to have Audition in multitrack mode behave such that soloing a track will temporarily unmute it. As it stands, soloing a muted track does nothing at all, right? Why not have it actually solo the track instead? It's a pain in the butt having to unmute, solo, listen to it, unsolo it, then mute it again....a hundred times a day. This simple option would save a lot of time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multitrack Marker Move with Cut/Insert

I am editing podcasts and it's great to have markers and even be able to export them to use with tools like Forecast.app to make chapters in the final M4A or MP3 file.

The problem is, I have to add the intro and outro after editing the whole episode. Ofcourse then, all the markers are off by however much I insert in the beginning.

I have yet to find a way to make all the markers move that far (and made myself a script to export, add or remove those minutes/seconds from teh markers, and import the new markers).

I…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Put Manual Pitch Correction as an FX on the multitrack page

This will allow real time manual control over pitch correction using an automation lane as well as providing a reference track for easier tuning.
    The Manual Pitch Correction FX in Audition in the hands of a skilled operator can produce far superior results than 3rd party FX like AutoTune and Melodyne

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base