Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Feature Request: ADR tools

Implement ADR tools like Nuendo or the new version 15 of Resolve. Come on Adobe, you must become the industry standard in Audio post.

13 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  10 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. keyframes copy

Please add Copy and Paste for Keyframes wherever they are.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please bring back the option to play overlapping clips (regions) in multitrack

There used to be a checkbox for "play overlapping clips" and now it's gone. Please bring it back. Helps keep track counts down when making radio production and commercials by not having to have a new track for every single bleep, zap, and voice clip that might touch.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  8 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please include Audition in the Team Projects workflow

Please include Audition in the Team Projects workflow (to send full sequences from Premiere to Audition and back) rather than just clips. If I'm in a Premiere Pro Team Project the option to send a sequence to Audition is grayed out, it is only possible to send a single clip.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BETTER SURROUND SOUND

Audition could have more surround options, like 7.1, 9.1...not only mono, stereo or 5.1.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. An option to attach markers to clips in multitrack view, rather than attaching them to the timeline

Currently in Audition's multitrack editor, markers can only be attached to the timeline. It would be helpful to have an option to attach markers to individual clips, so that when those clips are moved in the timeline the markers move with them.

The only way to achieve this right now is to go into waveform view and place a marker there. This is pretty inconvenient and involves a lot of clicking back and forth between views.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dynamic Linking Audition into Premiere or AE

Just like with After Effects, can you please create the ability to dynamic link Audition into Premiere.I create the audio/narration first, and then add video to it. It's a workaround now, and it would be beneficial if I could import the Audition file into Premiere and be able to tweak it while producing the video.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Offer different kinds of markers.

I would like different kinds of markers which I can show or not. I'd like to be able mark the beginning and ends of tracks, separately from other markers which I might use to remind me of a change in a particular spot or section, or simply remember to come back to. Having different kinds of markers, perhaps even with different colors, would make navigation much easier.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Audition for iOS

Adobe Team,

I’d love to see an iPhone and iPad version of Audition to support audio recording and light editing in field.

Perhaps this app could interface with some of the multitrack digital recorders on the market or Adobe could release its own awesome control surface for their apps similar to LoupeDeck.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove all clip automation

It would be nice to be able to select a clip or several and reset ALL the envelopes (volume, pan etc) to their default state. Why? Well if I’m getting a file from another editor who’s used a ton of clip automation, it makes it difficult to use the (excellent) Essential Sound Panel Level controls. Plus many times the clip automation is not really useable from an audio standpoint as the editor wasn’t thinking in those terms.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Grid in Multitrack

There is a crucial need for a grid in multitrack. This is not exlusively a music feature, but a basic one for any type of audio production nowadays.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keyboard shortcut to select clip at playhead

Create a shortcut, similar to Premiere, where I can select the audio clip at the playhead. That way I can extract a clip without having to click on it.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ambisonic file creation and Ambisonic mixing support

Real Ambisonic file creation and Ambisonic mixing support

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ID3 metadata presets

It'd be great to have presets for ID3 metadata. When producing a podcast most of that info remains the same. At present I'm having to type it out (or copy/paste) each field. A nice drop down menu with presets would be a real time saver!

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Retain Format Settings in Multitrack Mixdown

Maintain previous settings from Format Settings in Multitrack mixdown

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Have the ability to output video through a blackmagic card to an external monitor

Have the ability to output video through black magic card to an external monitor

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Album Art for podcast available in multitrack for export to mp3

I edit a million podcasts and I love that I can template my id3 data so that when I export it's part of the file. But it drives me crazy that I have to export to an mp3 and then open that mp3 to add album art to it.

Is there not a way to add the art to the multitrack and just let it sit there and then add it when exporting the mp3? This would save a ton of time and also add a feature that could give Audtion an advantage over other editors. Many people own 3rd…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. reset marker numbering

Currently, when I create a series of markers they are numbered sequentially which is fine. ie, 1, 2, 3... However, if I delete, say Marker 3, and then make a new marker, that one is named is Marker 4.

I would expect the Marker name to resume at 3 since I just deleted 3. This is important to me because I often create selection markers for glossary terms that need to remain in the exact sequence in which they were recorded. If I delete a marker there is no way to go back and reset the count without deleting all…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Smooth Transitions for New Punch n Roll (non-destructive or destructive) Feature!

The new Punch & Roll feature is great. However, there is one tweak that needs to happen, soon. You shouldn't have to "fade-in" a clip in multitrack to make the "punch-in" transition smooth. The automatic crossfade should work like it did before in multitrack. You also shouldn't have to go back and smooth over punch & roll sections in the waveform editor. For long form narration, this adds editing time which PnR was designed to reduce.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Dolby Atmos + smaller improvements

A Dolby atmos workflow and export is a very much needed implementation due to how much sound design is directed towards multi-channel audio now more than never with so many platforms it is now available on, such as Netflix and many triple A games. What people are wanting is a 3d workspace for moving objects or sound tracks. The current implementation we have is a circle that we can move around to pan and spread the audio across the channels. What we would need from a 3d workflow would be a cube (simulating a room) or a sphere (a new…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base