Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folders/Bins for File Management!

Basic file management doesn't exist in Audition like it does in every other Adobe software. The ability to add folders and place files inside those folders when working inside Audition would be HUGE, just like you can in Premiere and After Effects. This is a must have organizational feature that has always been missing.

102 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

40 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View Edit Window and Multi-track window at the same time.

I would like the ability to have the Edit Mode open on one screen and the Multitrack Mode open on another screen.

The way I cut in Premiere is similar. I have Source and Program Monitors, along with Project, Effects, etc. on one screen and a large timeline for the entirety of the second monitor screen.

I'd love to be able to do something similar in Audition. Have both Edit and Multi-track open at all times. This way I can easily and quickly doctor clips, then immediately adjust in the multitrack view.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adjustable horizontal scrolling speed

There should be a way to adjust horizontal scrolling speed (shift+scrollwheel). the default settings are unusable slow. Please make it a setting that can be adjusted or improve the speed greatly

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Grouping of channels on the Mixer like in Pro Tools

In Pro Tools you can assign multiple tracks to single groups so things you do to one channel happens to all of them in that group.
    For example, group all the drum tracks, select that Group, adjust the fader, mute, solo, turn FX on or off of one channel in that Group and they all do it.
    Please note it isn't the same as bussing the tracks to a single Aux.
    Multiple tracks could be in more than one Group.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dragging two mono clips onto a stereo track creates a stereo clip

If I have two mono clips on two separate mono tracks, a cool feature would be the ability to select both clips, and drag them onto an empty stereo track, which automatically creates a stereo clip containing the audio. This would be very helpful when it comes to stereo delays, reverbs, etc.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Offer different kinds of markers.

I would like different kinds of markers which I can show or not. I'd like to be able mark the beginning and ends of tracks, separately from other markers which I might use to remind me of a change in a particular spot or section, or simply remember to come back to. Having different kinds of markers, perhaps even with different colors, would make navigation much easier.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search, Seek Control & Wave Preview in Media Browser

The media browser is great for previewing your media before using them. but for sound designers who have thousands of files, hearing all of them to find the best sound is time-consuming and hard! most of these files are named and tagged, so adding a search field in the media browser will help find the desired SFX way much faster, also sometimes these sounds are short and sometimes they are very long with a lot of silence gaps, so adding a seek control and a preview of the waveform will help make browsing faster and more efficient.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Use the same keyboard shortcuts for the Razor Cut Tool in Audition and Premiere

It's infuriating switching between the two programs and having to mentally switch between using 'C' in Premiere and 'R' in Audition. They do the same thing, so they should use the same shortcut.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Multitrack Marker Move with Cut/Insert

I am editing podcasts and it's great to have markers and even be able to export them to use with tools like Forecast.app to make chapters in the final M4A or MP3 file.

The problem is, I have to add the intro and outro after editing the whole episode. Ofcourse then, all the markers are off by however much I insert in the beginning.

I have yet to find a way to make all the markers move that far (and made myself a script to export, add or remove those minutes/seconds from teh markers, and import the new markers).

I…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Besides having after effect styles bins for organizing audio assets, it would be great to able to make audio 'comps'

Similar to how you can make smaller comps in after effects, and then import it into a larger project without merging the original assets; it would be great to be able to make audio 'comps' in audition. For example, in terminator 2, they used three or four different sound effects (including the roar of a lion) to create a distinct sound of the terminator shotgun. Instead of needing to lay down the four effects each time you want the shotgun sound, you could make a separate multitrack with the four sound effects, and then just nest that distinct 'comp' multitrack…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Spectral Pan and Frequency

I know this might have been a fairly esoteric feature back in the Audition 3 days, but I'd like to have the Spectral Pan and Frequency displays back. They were quite useful for surgical editing of the stereo image. I don't imagine they would be that hard to re-implement.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. reset marker numbering

Currently, when I create a series of markers they are numbered sequentially which is fine. ie, 1, 2, 3... However, if I delete, say Marker 3, and then make a new marker, that one is named is Marker 4.

I would expect the Marker name to resume at 3 since I just deleted 3. This is important to me because I often create selection markers for glossary terms that need to remain in the exact sequence in which they were recorded. If I delete a marker there is no way to go back and reset the count without deleting all…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Play reduced speed with jkl if you press jk or kl

Hi, if you are editing the audio of an Interview it would be great if we could get the functionality of avids jkl edit function. If you press both keys at a time the playback is reduced on the fly. its much intuitive then having to switch between keys. Also if you press j or l twice it speeds up the playback. So you are able to slow down or speed up the playback while editing and it gives you much more precision to edit the content.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Blank track insertion / notes

I'd to be able to designate areas where I plan to perform future tasks. I want to be able to save notes in my timeline at specific time segments so I don't forget my ideas. Being able to block off these areas would help me to better keep track of my thoughts at the time without having to write external notes.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Using Waveform Editor as a source monitor

It would be great to be able to use Waveform Editor as a source monitor like in Premiere Pro. Basic functionality is there already, (you can insert selection into a multitrack session) but the interface could be more intuitive to use. Easiest way to implement this would be allowing Audition to have both Editors in separate panels so they could be stacked side by side. Ability to drag and drop a selected portion of the clip from a Waveform Editor to Multitrack Editor would be much faster and more intuitive than just blindly copying stuff from one editor to another.…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it less dark

can't see a thing

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dragging a stereo clip onto two mono tracks creates two mono clips

Occasionally, you'll have a stereo audio clip where one side might be a boom mic, and the other might be a wireless lapel (lav) mic.

A nice feature would be the ability to drag that clip over two mono tracks, and have Audition automatically split the clip into two separate mono clips, which can then be edited and mixed independently.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Note Pad and Track Notes or Project Memo

I would like to safe notes and memos on a project or track that auto saves with the files / project

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. No Audio input in Adobe Audition CC

After the update of MacOS Mojave and Adobe CC, I no longer have any incoming audio in Adobe Audtion. I have connected a Lexicon Alpha audio interface via USB to an iMac. Only playback works well. Is this a problem with Adobe Audition or the Apple software? Someone an idea or solution?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base