Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MIDI and VST support

I kmow that audition is not a composer software but i'd like use virtual instruments to create my sounds.

89 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Insert new recorded audio at playhead

Would be nice to be able to open a wav file, go to select location with playhead and have the option to record new audio over (as is currently) AND INSERT WITHOUT DESTROYING CURRENT AUDIO... should be a simple thing to do no????

69 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audio clip does not open in Audition after selecting "Edit clip in Audition" from Premiere Pro

I used to be able to work seamlessly between Premiere Pro and Audition while editing audio clips of my video files. Now, when I try it after the update, it does everything except open the file in Audition. Ive tried everything from quick troubleshooting tricks to full factory reset and install of my operating system. nothing seems to work. Wondering if I'm the only one with this issue...?

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  40 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Feature Request: ADR tools

Implement ADR tools like Nuendo or the new version 15 of Resolve. Come on Adobe, you must become the industry standard in Audio post.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  9 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add AAF Export

Hello,

looking forward to see an AAF Export function for sharing with other DAWs.

OMF is quite outdated.

Please bring AAF Export.

Thank you very much

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please include Audition in the Team Projects workflow

Please include Audition in the Team Projects workflow (to send full sequences from Premiere to Audition and back) rather than just clips. If I'm in a Premiere Pro Team Project the option to send a sequence to Audition is grayed out, it is only possible to send a single clip.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Retain Format Settings in Multitrack Mixdown

Maintain previous settings from Format Settings in Multitrack mixdown

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dynamic Linking Audition into Premiere or AE

Just like with After Effects, can you please create the ability to dynamic link Audition into Premiere.I create the audio/narration first, and then add video to it. It's a workaround now, and it would be beneficial if I could import the Audition file into Premiere and be able to tweak it while producing the video.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ambisonic file creation and Ambisonic mixing support

Real Ambisonic file creation and Ambisonic mixing support

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please Add Rewire Support

I need to be able to score films. This requires the use of external music creation software like Reason, and East/West's amazing sample library via their Play app. Just add rewire or some other method so I can create the soundtrack in realtime with the video track. I am otherwise forced to use other applications and audition is useless after the dialog editing. Honestly, this is the only multitrack audio software that doesn't support it. More frustratingly Audition used to support Rewire technology. I see youtube videos showing how to do it.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Frequency editing in Photoshop and back to audition

It would be nice to be able to export a wavfile as picture, edit it in Photoshop and the reimport the picture to audition. So every manipulation on the picture in photoshop has effect on the wavfile.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Spectral Waveform Amplitude Visualization Adjustment

After Effects has an knob in the Composition panel that is labelled "Adjust Exposure (affects view only)." This knob allows you to adjust the exposure to see what's going on better without affecting the final product at all.

I would like a near identical feature inside Audition for the amplitude of a Spectral Waveform view.

I work on a lot of quiet audio and it can be very hard to see. We don't dynamically compress audio until the end of our workflow in Premiere. Being able to visualize at a higher (or lower) amplitude would be incredible on the eyes

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dolby Atmos + smaller improvements

A Dolby atmos workflow and export is a very much needed implementation due to how much sound design is directed towards multi-channel audio now more than never with so many platforms it is now available on, such as Netflix and many triple A games. What people are wanting is a 3d workspace for moving objects or sound tracks. The current implementation we have is a circle that we can move around to pan and spread the audio across the channels. What we would need from a 3d workflow would be a cube (simulating a room) or a sphere (a new…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fill left with right (and right with left) from Premiere

The ability to directly open a premiere project in Audition to do the audio work is great, nice job Adobe. But, I often use 'fill left with right' or right with left as the mic is normally only into one channel or the other channel is unsuitable. It is a fast 'effect' added at track level in Premiere but it is shown as not supported when you open the project in Audition. Messes up the entire audio at the point where you want to finish the audio. This would be so helpful for video editors, please

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I wonder if the “Source Channel Routing” could be expanded to map this ‘effect’ easily. Right now, the SCRis limited to one unique channel assignment per clip channel, but it might be easy enough to modify.

Ideally, Premiere should make it simpler to convert a stereo clip to mono and toggle the source channel. “Fill x with y” seems a bit of a kludge to me as the result, a multi-mono file, has the same output results with a lot more complexity.

I’ll enter a feature request. Thanks.
    Edit: Request: 4199707

15. marker, bin, bpm

I am a great user for a long time of the adobe products that I consider very performing. The program I use and know best is premiere, after less used after effects, and finally audition. I must note that audition beyond the integrations through the dynamic link seems a somewhat anomalous program. There are no folders in which to sort different files, there is no premiere export of clip markers that are displayed in audition, if you want to work on a part of the sequence to premiere and then another part, the chaos of files in the project audition,…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Track Transfer from one Multitrack Session to another

After I record ADR or FOLEY cues in my Record Templates, I want to be able to import those unedited tracks into my Edit/Mix Session that already exists. I can copy clips from tracks, but I can't import tracks with the settings and names, etc. ProTools has this feature. I can't find a way to do this in Audition. It is so necessary for a smooth post audio workflow. Thanks.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Changing Automation lines when section is highlighted

Like in Pro Tools, highlight a section of what automation you want to change, grab the automation line, and the highlighted selection moves to where you adjust it.
    It saves you making 4 automation markers, selecting the two in the middle, holding shift, and moving it. It's very fiddly.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable bussing to a record-enabled track for real-time auditing of a mixdown, total time-saver for music and video sound edits..

I edit sound for video, as well as record original music as underscores and themes. It would save time to audit a mix while printing it, rather than creating a mixdown, and then reviewing for adjustments. Currently, one cannot bus from the Master to a recording track. I can do this on an external board, but it would be AWESOME to have this within Audition.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Diagnostics > Delete Silence Should be recognized when recording a Macro

Currently, you cannot record a macro and include the Diagnostics>Delete Silence action in it. Attempting to do so causes an error message to occur saying something akin to no recognizable actions were entered for the macro.

In fact, it was confirmed by Adobe staff in 2014 that the macro doesn't recognize the Diagnostics panel. This works well with batch processing in Cool Edit Pro 2, and it's frustrating having to revert to legacy versions in order to get this to function. Please add it to Audition.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bring Premiere Pro's Relink Method to Audition

Premiere Pro has an excellent method of relinking media files. If media isn't present in its last known place, it provides a window that tells you all the files that are missing and its last known location.

Audition only informs you that there is X number of files missing, and when you relink, it gives you one file to relink at a time, with no information where Audition thinks its last location is.

Additionally, Premiere Pro will automatically find remaining files based on the last location of the relinked file. Adobe Audition does not. Having this additional functionality would be…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base