Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Surround 7.1, 9.1 and more...

Please, you could add more surround options, such as 7.1, 9.1 and more, like in other audio softwares (Pro Tools or Logic Pro for example).

Thank You.

You're the Best.

17 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow me to select a default "save as" file type

It is just one more out of MANY steps I have to perform each time I have to go in and select my file type while saving a file. There's also the opportunity to accidentally select the wrong type (because MP3 and MP2 are RIGHT NEXT to one another). Having a DEFAULT file type to save to would save a LOT of time.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BETTER SURROUND SOUND

Audition could have more surround options, like 7.1, 9.1...not only mono, stereo or 5.1.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have the ability to output video through a blackmagic card to an external monitor

Have the ability to output video through black magic card to an external monitor

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No chipmunk on playback with increased speed..

I edit hundreds of hours of audio for podcasts, narration, audiobooks, etc. I like to increase playback but it would be great to do that without the voice chipmunking so bad. On some voices, particularly female voices that are high, that pushes sibilance so high that it almost hurts to listen to. If I watch a youtube video on 1.5, they do not sound like a chipunk.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More options for playback speed

Instead of just double speed, allow playback to have a speed like in Premiere so you can understand what someone is saying. Having the same JKL keys and speeds as Premiere or a variable preference setting would be amazing.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a checkbox in Preferences which allows Audition to play a short notification sound when processing is done

When applying effects to audio or generating noises, Audition can take 30 minutes or more to do its processing. Rather than being required to manually check whether Audition is done processing, it would be wonderful if Audition would play a quick notification sound when the processing finished. This feature would allow me to work in another program while Audition is busy processing until I hear the notification alerting me to the fact that I can go back to working in Audition again.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More flexible playback speed

Playback speed is limited to just a few speeds. Sometimes they are either too fast. Would love to be able to more accurately control playback speed like some other DAWs allow.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. One-Way Mix-Paste Cross Fade

The cross fade option while mix-pasting is great, but i would love to be able to set it to crossfade just the top or just the tail (or both like it is now) depending on the situation.

Example...

I want to mix-paste something, but want it to cross fade at the start of the paste, and be a straight cut style paste at the end of it.

I will try to explain better if that didn't make sense.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export/Import Favorites

Just as Export/Import of Racks is a glaring omission, so is the same for Favorites.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ripple delete autoplay

When I do a ripple delete in the multitrack view, it would be nice if the time selection tool jumped back about 1 second and autoplayed to allow me to hear the edit i just made. This would be very handy for removing a a lot of vocal fillers from a section on speech.

I don't like the current process of making a cut, clicking back, then pressing the space bar to listen back to my cut. It may seem trivial but when you have to remove something like 30 "ummms" in a minute, this is would save a good…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. import / export ALL settings! all the presets have been deleted!

is it possible to create an import and export command of all (all) Audition settings ??
    Workspace, Keyboard Controls, Favorites, Effects Racks, Various Effect Settings etc ...
    and create an automatic backup to disk and cloud of these settings ???

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE, I REPEAT (IT IS NOT POSSIBLE !!!) that in 2020 I have to lose ALL THE SETTINGS, THE PRESETS I HAD (not a few) with a trivial update of the same version from 13.0.2 to version 13.0.4 !!!

Now I'm desperate, I haven't even had time to backup!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Protection from accidental stop recording

I don't know if it's an existing function (I think not).
    Anyway let's suppose to use Audition to record Long recordings of 1, 2, 3 hours ...
    As it is currently configured, once REC is pressed, the audio starts recording ... if you accidentally press Backspace on the keyboard, the recording is lost.

1. Can you add (if a function does not already exist) the possibility to record audio without interruption? so to stop the recording you must necessarily press the STOP button with the mouse?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve Marker autonaming/numbering

Currently when using keystroke M to add markers, Audition names the new marker with the prefix specified in the Marker Prefix field in Preferences and a 2 cipher number is assigned sequentially with no user control.

The requested upgrades would be:

1) Allow users to set/reset starting number during a session, regardless of existing markers

2) If user sets a new Marker, then immediately renames it in the Marker panel, a pop dialog box could then prompt user if new markers should be named with the same prefix (this prompt could have a “Do not show me again” checkbox so…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Retain bitrate of last mp3 export.

When exporting an mp3 the bitrate always reverts back to 192 Kbps, regardless of the last bitrate export.

Is it not a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing? So small a thing!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Include "Synchronize Settings" Option as in Premiere CC

Currently Adobe doesn't provide the "syn Settings" option. Consequentially I'm unable to transfer my settings in Audition from one workstation to another. This is a contradiction to the intentions in the creative cloud which is under these circumstances only a limited creative cloud.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How about a way to lock the workspace so people don't ***** up my life?

How about a way to prevent other people from screwing up my workspace? Password perhaps? or even a simple "Are you sure you want to overwrite this workspace" would save so much heartache.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Center on marker when navigating

In the 2017 version, you could use page scrolling and when navigating between markers it would center them. In the latest version, the markers are no longer centered, but at the beginning of the selection, making editing difficult. This can be changed by choosing smooth (centered) scrolling, but not an option if you want to use page scrolling.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. You really need to fix the jumbled mess of how to easily get audio out of a MacBookPro.

The way Audition handles monitoring output settings in my MacBook Pro (2020) is simply atrocious. If I'm editing and I leave the program momentarily, upon returning to edit, any number of changes have happened.

1 - Most of the time all the settings are correct in Preferences/Audio Hardware. It's just there is no sound and I have to re-choose the output and then it works again. That only gets mild cussing.

2 - Another effect is that suddenly the Mac's volume control stops working with Audition. Audition plays back but the sound cannot be turned up or turned down. That…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Play simultaneous clips on a track level

The new option to play simultaneous clips is now only applied to a global level. It should be on a track level so a user can choose on which tracks he wants this option to work.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base