Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Smooth Transitions for New Punch n Roll (non-destructive or destructive) Feature!

The new Punch & Roll feature is great. However, there is one tweak that needs to happen, soon. You shouldn't have to "fade-in" a clip in multitrack to make the "punch-in" transition smooth. The automatic crossfade should work like it did before in multitrack. You also shouldn't have to go back and smooth over punch & roll sections in the waveform editor. For long form narration, this adds editing time which PnR was designed to reduce.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multi-Core usage in Audition Please!

hi guys .. my name is dani, i have a beast of a PC with 28 cores to work with and Audition only knows to use one of them, two at best .. my suggestion is to work on multicore usage .. thank you ( btw i have a 150k subscribers youtube channel :D, i have somwhat of a voice) :D thank you ..

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Utilize CPUs better when mixing down to file

I have a podcast template with 6 voice tracks, a dialog bus, SFX / music tracks and a final mix/check bus before master. I have 1-2 VST effects on each of these. Mixing down a 2 hour podcast episode will easily take an hour on a pretty decent machine - with 15% CPU utilization.

I realize this is complex, but couldn't the mixdown process be modularized to take advantage of multiple CPUs in the system, and thus probably reduce the mixdown time greatly?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. mp3 export from audition is bad (compared)

I just discovered that when saving a file as MP3, the quality is very poor, even at 320kbps CBR.

I simply noticed with my ears that it sounded muddy. When I checked the waveform it was confirmed.

So see if this is the best MP3 has to offer, I did a similar export (320Kbps CBR) using Izotope RX6.

And the export from RX6 sounded much better and punchier, with a similar file size. This too can be confirmed in the attached screenshot.

Please improve.. So many MP3's, unnecessarily sounding bad... :-(

I won't be using it anymore, but many people…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Use of VST Instruments.

Allow Audition to be able to use VST instruments and midi.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Theres a bug with adobe audition 2019 recording

i have adobe audition 2019 and when ever i hit record the entire app freezes and wont let me do anything i cant even send a crash report

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Poor Performance in Audition 2019 on a 2018 iMac

This seems to be a theme with new versions of Audition over the past few years but yet again a new version of Audition has poor performance on the Mac. 2018 iMac and selecting audio takes about a second to do anything and shuttling around the audio is also very slow. Likewise switching between edit and multitrack takes an age.

This keeps happening with upgrades and always ends up being fixed. Do Adobe test their software any more?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Every so often, when deleting then re-recording, the waveform and spectral display will zoom to the per sample level.

Randomly, during the sequence of recording, selecting, deleting, and re-recording, the waveform and the spectral display will zoom all the way to the sample level. It stays this way when the recording is complete and is only resolved by manually zooming back out.

Audition 12.0.0.241, MacOS 10.13.6

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. a direct link to live chat for program issues

a direct link to from adobe programs to live chat for program issues

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. General Performance Bugs (moving audition window, play-head framy, levels monitor slow.

i haven't seen this reported anywhere elsewhere so it seams like I'm an edge case, but essentially Audition for me is acting like programs do when your CPU is taxed 100%. The whole program is just extremely laggy, the whole window takes ages to move then I try to drag it around, it takes a long time to open effect windows, the playhead is laggy, ect... It's worth stating that my PC is pretty overpowered for Audition so there shouldn't be any issues like this and there weren't any before. It's just acting like my PC is working too hard…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multicore performance (or lack thereof) in Audition

I’ll just post a (slightly modified for context) message that I sent to Jason Levine as an open letter since there is literally no information or outreach about this out there.

TL;DR, I’m very close to switching DAWs (likely Pro Tools) even though I don’t want to. Between this and a lack of a real strip silence feature that’s also usable in the nondestructive environment, and which doesn’t force me to ripple my track and/or export to hundreds of useless markers, it’s becoming less and less viable to continue editing in Audition.

Hi Jason,

Please forgive me for contacting you…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. update Audition

I have a mid-2012 MacBook Pro.

For the past two months, I've been having consistent problems with recorded audio that has no distortion, and was recorded at high quality, suddenly having awful distortion when I import it into Audition. It's like a crackly fuzz kind of sound. Or, I'll have multitrack sessions with a podcast episode I've been editing, and what was once sounding like normal clean audio, will then play back distorted.

I also have not been able to record in multitrack view for several months. I cannot arm the track to record (the R button is inoperable), so…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Crash on startup without notice (windows 10) (Adobe CC 2018)

My Adobe program keeps crashing just a few seconds after I open it. There is no windows pop-up saying this program is not responding. Audition just closes.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Latency issues with usb microphones

Can we lower the latency option to 0 instead of the lowest being 30?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Substaintial Plugin instability on 16,1 MacBook Pro running Catalina

I'm migrating over to a new secondary machine (brand new MBP, 16", 6 core, 4 GB Video engine). Catalina out of the box. I'm having all sorts of problems running plugins. Mainly - instant crashing upon instantiation and/or out of the ordinary sluggish performance. E.g. - (A) any attempt to instantiate plugins by Nugen Audio immediately crash (the most current version of) Audition. (B)Displaying the UI by SuprEsser by Sonnox severly inhibits the fluidity of the playhead. (C)Elixir by Flux and Loudness Radar (native) by TC Electronic appear as small sort of tiles in the lower left of the Audition…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adobe Audition should accept h265 codec on the .mp4 videoformats. h264 is accepted but h265 is not.

Hi you really need to make it so that Adobe Audition will accept h265 codec on the .mp4 videoformats. h264 is accepted but h265 is not.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reducing bit depth without dithering causes unwanted artefacts

For AU 2019/2020, reducing 24-bit audio to 16-bit audio with no dithering will cause unwanted artefacts in the noise floor.

The last known good version to me is AU 2015.

Attached are screenshots of the mixdown of original file inverted with the file converted in Audition, and comparing the same file converted in iZotope RX with no dithering.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Zoom problems

I have problems with time zoom (holding control with mouse wheel).
    When I made the cuts and than try to zoom out or in, the interface freezes. Ok It does not freeze complete since I can grab the timeline and move forward/backward but the ctrl+mouse wheel does not work all the time.
    It's very frustrating as it prevents me from making smooth workflow. It constantly stoping work at random moments and start working again after few seconds. It feels like computer is doing something in background and prevents from zooming in. But only with Ctr+mouse. I can still force it…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug when recording Audition 2019 CC

I can't stop recording. I have to force quit and rely on re-opening the session

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base