Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Strip Silence Feature

Add a feature similar to Logic Pro X's Strip Silence. Select a track in multitrack, select the new Strip Silence feature, add a few parameters and it cuts out all parts of the track that fall below a certain volume for a certain amount of time. All existing audio stays in the same place (it doesn't ripple delete anything). There are a few features already in Audition that can identify the beginning/end of silence and will place markers, but nothing will auto-delete the silence.

This is an EXTREMELY useful feature for podcast editing (allow the person to more easily move…

28 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request. I’ve seen this come up several times and certainly appreciate the value in breaking up long clips into smaller bits which can be more easily manipulated and edited. I believe we have an open item in the feature backlog, but I’ll double check and add your notes.

2. Please make Ripple Delete affect Bus automation

Currently, when you Edit > Insert > Insert Silence into a session, the automation keyframes on busses will move accordingly. Great.

But when you Edit > Ripple Delete > Time Selection in All Tracks, automation keyframes on busses will not move accordingly. Not great at all.

Like so: https://youtu.be/_hq7BsYotrg

If there's some advantage to Audition performing this way, I can't imagine it. But it'd be great to at least have an "Adjust track keyframes when performing ripple edits in busses" option in Preferences > Multitrack.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove pitch change when using shuttle

I'd like the shuttle to work like Premiere Pro's that doesn't change the pitch when I speed up the audio playback. This would help me edit so much faster.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. playback speed

Variable playback speed

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please bring back the option to play overlapping clips (regions) in multitrack

There used to be a checkbox for "play overlapping clips" and now it's gone. Please bring it back. Helps keep track counts down when making radio production and commercials by not having to have a new track for every single bleep, zap, and voice clip that might touch.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  8 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keyboard shortcut to select clip at playhead

Create a shortcut, similar to Premiere, where I can select the audio clip at the playhead. That way I can extract a clip without having to click on it.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. keyframes copy

Please add Copy and Paste for Keyframes wherever they are.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. adjust relative clip gain

'Adjust clip gain' appears to be absolute only.
    e.g. select a number of clips, call up properties | 'clip gain' and type +6dB - actually sets them all to 6dB - should be an option for a relative adjustment.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove all clip automation

It would be nice to be able to select a clip or several and reset ALL the envelopes (volume, pan etc) to their default state. Why? Well if I’m getting a file from another editor who’s used a ton of clip automation, it makes it difficult to use the (excellent) Essential Sound Panel Level controls. Plus many times the clip automation is not really useable from an audio standpoint as the editor wasn’t thinking in those terms.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to play karaoke format files and have the 'lyrics' display on a seperate panel/external monitor

We get a lot of karaoke singers in the studio and this would be a great boon.
    Something similar could be used for dialogue overdubs by displaying text on a separate screen as the timeline progresses

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug: Audition 2020 Export to Adobe Premier Pro Multitrack Mixdown ignores Side-chain

When I try to Export to Adobe Premier Pro (Mixdown to Stereo file) a multi-track Adobe Audition 2020 project the produced wave file ignores all side-chains, applying the effects across the entire track.

The effects seem fine in program until the final wave file is created.

After doing some testing: Actually, now side-chaining isn't even working in the 2020 program now at all.

Tried the 2019 version and everything works fine for me.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multitrack: Add transitions across time selection

Coming from an NLE background we are well used to ‘add transitions‘ to a bunch of edits (including ‘match frame/split/add’ edits).

Why? Among many other reasons:
    1. To smooth removal of sections (eg umms, coughs, non-speaking sections of iso mics)
    2. To smooth transitions between levels of clip gain (eg to compensate for off mic sections )

So it’s definitely a very useful thing to be able to do.

IMO Avid media composer does it best with ‘add transitions in to out’ (in to out = time selection) with a dialogue that offers duration of transition, and position (ends at…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ripple Delete Multiple Gaps

Would love to see a feature that removes multiple gaps between clips. In other words selected clips are pulled together so the edges meet, or pushes them all to the left. The main point being to remove multiple gaps at once.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In Multi-track view, export multiple range markers to new files

As in singletrack editor, I'd like to export multiple marker ranges as their own files and automatically name them the name of the marker. I often complete a radio show in one session and want to export the whole show without having to select an individual marker range and export, wait for it to export, select the next marker etc, etc.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Solo override Mute

Very simple: an option to have Audition in multitrack mode behave such that soloing a track will temporarily unmute it. As it stands, soloing a muted track does nothing at all, right? Why not have it actually solo the track instead? It's a pain in the butt having to unmute, solo, listen to it, unsolo it, then mute it again....a hundred times a day. This simple option would save a lot of time.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Assign automatically track name from file name

When creating an new multi track session, the tracks are labelled "track 1", "track2 ", aso... We have to change these name for good organisation and visibility. Track by track. When you have 35 tracks or more...
    It would be a great time saver to give the possibility to automatically name the tracks by the name of the originating file. Up to the user to eventually rename the tracks before importing, but many are often already well labelled.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Snapping to markers doesn't work. So... fixing that is an idea.

I have snapping turn on, and snapping to markers turned on. It just doesn't work. Screen grab of my multitrack session attached.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. increase/decrease Clip Gain by keycommand (external controller)

I come from a Nuendo background and there we had the option to increase/decrease the clip gain by +/- 1 dB with a keycommand (or with a Hardware controller).

we have the "clip gain" command but that only brings up the clip preferences up and puts the cursor at the numeric value.. so, still al lot mouse or numeric keypad hassle for a simple level adjustment..

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bounce to Split Tracks

Add a "Bounce to Split Tracks" option, which could merge the "Bounce to new track" action, with "Extract channels to mono files" in one single step in the multitrack editor.

I record video with 2 lavalier microphones on the left and right channel, and it would be a great way to save the extra steps when working on the sound mix in audition!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base