Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folders/Bins for File Management!

Basic file management doesn't exist in Audition like it does in every other Adobe software. The ability to add folders and place files inside those folders when working inside Audition would be HUGE, just like you can in Premiere and After Effects. This is a must have organizational feature that has always been missing.

89 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

26 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MIDI and VST support

I kmow that audition is not a composer software but i'd like use virtual instruments to create my sounds.

78 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability To Create Roomtone That Matches Audio

Sometimes we don't have the privilege of gathering room tone, or room tone changes midway throughout a clip (A/C turns on, for example).

Ideally, you could run a process (similar to Capture Noise Print) that takes your selection and looks for the quietest bits. Using this, it would generate tone that would match the room tone/ambience of the clip.

iZotope RX 6 has a similar feature under the name "Ambience Match," which is an absolute lifesaver.

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Strip Silence Feature

Add a feature similar to Logic Pro X's Strip Silence. Select a track in multitrack, select the new Strip Silence feature, add a few parameters and it cuts out all parts of the track that fall below a certain volume for a certain amount of time. All existing audio stays in the same place (it doesn't ripple delete anything). There are a few features already in Audition that can identify the beginning/end of silence and will place markers, but nothing will auto-delete the silence.

This is an EXTREMELY useful feature for podcast editing (allow the person to more easily move…

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request. I’ve seen this come up several times and certainly appreciate the value in breaking up long clips into smaller bits which can be more easily manipulated and edited. I believe we have an open item in the feature backlog, but I’ll double check and add your notes.

5. View Edit Window and Multi-track window at the same time.

I would like the ability to have the Edit Mode open on one screen and the Multitrack Mode open on another screen.

The way I cut in Premiere is similar. I have Source and Program Monitors, along with Project, Effects, etc. on one screen and a large timeline for the entirety of the second monitor screen.

I'd love to be able to do something similar in Audition. Have both Edit and Multi-track open at all times. This way I can easily and quickly doctor clips, then immediately adjust in the multitrack view.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please make Ripple Delete affect Bus automation

Currently, when you Edit > Insert > Insert Silence into a session, the automation keyframes on busses will move accordingly. Great.

But when you Edit > Ripple Delete > Time Selection in All Tracks, automation keyframes on busses will not move accordingly. Not great at all.

Like so: https://youtu.be/_hq7BsYotrg

If there's some advantage to Audition performing this way, I can't imagine it. But it'd be great to at least have an "Adjust track keyframes when performing ripple edits in busses" option in Preferences > Multitrack.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove pitch change when using shuttle

I'd like the shuttle to work like Premiere Pro's that doesn't change the pitch when I speed up the audio playback. This would help me edit so much faster.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Linux Version

Adobe, create a Linux version of Audition,please!

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Effects in effects rack slots to copy and paste ...

I think it would be very handy if I can copy effects from single slots in the effect rack and paste it to another track to it's slots there. Like in Reaper ;-) with rigth click or so ... thanks up front. And it should be possible in waveform effects rack as well.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Grouping of channels on the Mixer like in Pro Tools

In Pro Tools you can assign multiple tracks to single groups so things you do to one channel happens to all of them in that group.
    For example, group all the drum tracks, select that Group, adjust the fader, mute, solo, turn FX on or off of one channel in that Group and they all do it.
    Please note it isn't the same as bussing the tracks to a single Aux.
    Multiple tracks could be in more than one Group.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. playback speed

Variable playback speed

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Feature Request: ADR tools

Implement ADR tools like Nuendo or the new version 15 of Resolve. Come on Adobe, you must become the industry standard in Audio post.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  9 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adjustable horizontal scrolling speed

There should be a way to adjust horizontal scrolling speed (shift+scrollwheel). the default settings are unusable slow. Please make it a setting that can be adjusted or improve the speed greatly

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Surround 7.1, 9.1 and more...

Please, you could add more surround options, such as 7.1, 9.1 and more, like in other audio softwares (Pro Tools or Logic Pro for example).

Thank You.

You're the Best.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dragging two mono clips onto a stereo track creates a stereo clip

If I have two mono clips on two separate mono tracks, a cool feature would be the ability to select both clips, and drag them onto an empty stereo track, which automatically creates a stereo clip containing the audio. This would be very helpful when it comes to stereo delays, reverbs, etc.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please bring back the option to play overlapping clips (regions) in multitrack

There used to be a checkbox for "play overlapping clips" and now it's gone. Please bring it back. Helps keep track counts down when making radio production and commercials by not having to have a new track for every single bleep, zap, and voice clip that might touch.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  8 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bitcrusher Effect

It'd be great to have a bitcrusher effect in Adobe Audition. I know you can already convert sample type of a file manually from the Edit menu. However, it'd be good to have an effect which could be used and automated inside the multitrack.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add AAF Export

Hello,

looking forward to see an AAF Export function for sharing with other DAWs.

OMF is quite outdated.

Please bring AAF Export.

Thank you very much

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please include Audition in the Team Projects workflow

Please include Audition in the Team Projects workflow (to send full sequences from Premiere to Audition and back) rather than just clips. If I'm in a Premiere Pro Team Project the option to send a sequence to Audition is grayed out, it is only possible to send a single clip.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export & share effect Rack presets

In every other piece of professional audio software I am aware of, I can share effect presets with others by finding the file, such as "giant_reverb.pst" etc., and sending to someone else who drops it in the same place on their computer, or imports, or whatever.

In Audition 2018, these seem to be stored in a big single XML file. Can this really be true? Is there no way to share? I just spent all day creating presets to share with a co-worker, but now I find there is no way to share just the relevant presets without sharing the…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base