Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Audio recording scrambled

The audio got scrambled up after a recording a voice over in the Waveform Editor. Maybe this happened after a crash (and "restore"), maybe not. Basically I was adding to the existing recording, regularly also deleting parts.

What happens is that throughout the file, parts of audio are repeated like a hanging CD, at that point overwriting the original audio.

The reason I recorded in the waveform editor was so I didn't have to make a session for only a voice over. That is what I have used the Waveform editor for a lot, for many years, and in my…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VoCo

Bring project VoCo to Audition as soon as possible.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More Control with the mix function.

The Remix function in Audition is nice I just wish there was more control. Perhaps a way to easily isolate specific sections you want to remix instead of the whole track.And maybe make it easier to lengthen without being forced to stretch it. I mean it's okay how it is, but it's also really frustrating.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Offer different kinds of markers.

I would like different kinds of markers which I can show or not. I'd like to be able mark the beginning and ends of tracks, separately from other markers which I might use to remind me of a change in a particular spot or section, or simply remember to come back to. Having different kinds of markers, perhaps even with different colors, would make navigation much easier.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Incorrect file header for mono files copied from stereo file.

Incorrect file header for mono files copied from stereo file.

When a single track is copied from a stereo file (L or R) to a new file (Edit > Copy To New) and saved, the file header probably still says it is a stereo file. I though this bug was gone but it looks like it isn't.

When sending to Izotope RX6 for example, RX6 receives a stereo file (with only audio in 1 track). This also happens when unchecking "save metadata" and when closing and re-opening both audition and the file. Pro Tools also used to think it was…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search, Seek Control & Wave Preview in Media Browser

The media browser is great for previewing your media before using them. but for sound designers who have thousands of files, hearing all of them to find the best sound is time-consuming and hard! most of these files are named and tagged, so adding a search field in the media browser will help find the desired SFX way much faster, also sometimes these sounds are short and sometimes they are very long with a lot of silence gaps, so adding a seek control and a preview of the waveform will help make browsing faster and more efficient.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow for fader settings to be attached to each Cue-Marker

For live recordings using a variety of Microphones/channels with a variety of performers with different setups. During mixing each piece needs a different setup for the faders. In the refinement process the original fader settings need to be modified. to maintain the previous settings, currently each individual fader setting needs to be noted on paper which is very(!) time consuming.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. First you should make it compatible once again with the 32 Bit plugins, and also make it compatible with Slates plugins, like VMR and the VM

First you should make it compatible once again with the 32 Bit plugins, and also make it compatible with Slates plugins, like VMR and the VMS

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Using Waveform Editor as a source monitor

It would be great to be able to use Waveform Editor as a source monitor like in Premiere Pro. Basic functionality is there already, (you can insert selection into a multitrack session) but the interface could be more intuitive to use. Easiest way to implement this would be allowing Audition to have both Editors in separate panels so they could be stacked side by side. Ability to drag and drop a selected portion of the clip from a Waveform Editor to Multitrack Editor would be much faster and more intuitive than just blindly copying stuff from one editor to another.…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Retention of Applied Plugin(s) and/or Effect(s)

User should have the option to (1) close an instantiated plugin/effect/chain instance after applying (this is the current behavior). Or, (2) allow the instantiated plugin/effect/chain to remain active after applying. This would free the user from the need to constantly re-instantiate. One case example would be the use of an EQ instance to apply a surgical high-pass filter to "spot process" consistent plosives throughout a recorded piece. Bypassing the plugin/effect/chain after it's applied without physicilly closing it establishes easy (future) accessibility.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Waveform Editor Grid

I would like to have the option to toggle the visibility of the Waveform Editor Grid. This feature was available in legacy versions of Audition.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Video displayed in Waveform Editor

Re:Video displayed in Wave Editor. When you apply processing - a new audio file is created disassociated from the video. I would prefer option to replace the source audio with processed audio - and export via video pass-thru to prevent re-encoding.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. NEW ZOOM BUG

Audition can't adjust correctly the new zoom (to see all clips) view into multitrack panel when there's more than 200 tracks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. MORE EFFECTS

Audition could have more effects for special effects, music and more, such as Pro Tools.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BETTER SURROUND SOUND

Audition could have more surround options, like 7.1, 9.1...not only mono, stereo or 5.1.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Diagnostics > Delete Silence Should be recognized when recording a Macro

Currently, you cannot record a macro and include the Diagnostics>Delete Silence action in it. Attempting to do so causes an error message to occur saying something akin to no recognizable actions were entered for the macro.

In fact, it was confirmed by Adobe staff in 2014 that the macro doesn't recognize the Diagnostics panel. This works well with batch processing in Cool Edit Pro 2, and it's frustrating having to revert to legacy versions in order to get this to function. Please add it to Audition.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. SEQUENCER

Audition needs a sequencer for be more powerful in terms of audio editing.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base