Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Symmetrical Cross Fades now default?

Since the most recent update, all my clips are defaulting to symmetrical crossfades rather than asymmetrical.

Symmetrical crossfades do not work for dialogue editing, since asymmetry maintains the noise floor evenly.

Every edit I make, I now have to right click the fade square and set it to asymmetrical, which is annoying and taking me a lot of extra time that adds up over thousands of edits per episode.

I looked in the preferences panel and couldn't find any setting to change this back, nor have I been able to find the answer within the manual/documentation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dynamic Link only works for one trip

It seems the Dynamic Link between Premiere Pro and Audition only works for one trip. I edit my sequence in Audition, export to Premiere Pro - all works fantastically. Now if the client requests further edits to the sequence (adding in an interview section, removing a section of voiceover, shortening of the soundtrack) I'm stuck. At the moment, I need to start my mix in Audition from scratch as even the "edit original" option given in premiere pro of the stems originally exported from Audition opens up the old edit.

Here's my desired workflow:

EDIT 1:
    1) Edit sequence in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Declipper to selection only not working

The Declipper effect applies to the whole clip, not just the selection - please fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Session file manager that allows you to batch covert track filenames to a new extension (eg change all session filenames from .wav to .flac)

I would like a feature that allows you to change the filename extensions on all session tracks to a different extension, so that the session recognises any files that have been converted.

For example, I have a project session with hundreds of tracks ending in .wav file format. I have subsequently batch converted all of the files in that session from .wav to .flac (to save storage space), but when I now open the session project, it can't find the files (because it is looking for .wav files). I would thus appreciate a feature that allows a batch filename conversion…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hardware compatibility - MOTU M2 & Audition 13.0.13 - Stuttering playback Mac OSX

Latest version of Audition 13.0.13 caused stuttering playback using a MOTU M2 device. Playback was normal using internal audio device. I reinstalled 13.0.10 and playback was normal. I went back a few versions. I didn't try 13.0.11 or 13.0.12. I believe that the issue was introduced in 13.0.13.

Mac mini (late 2012) 2.3 GHz Quad Core i7 - 16GB RAM

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow users to Edit Team Project Premiere Pro Sequence in Audition

I just got hired to work on the audio for my team's Premiere Pro Team Projects. I saw that the easiest way to do this is by editing in Audition, but was sad to discover that the Edit > Edit in Adobe Audition > Sequence option was greyed out. It would make my job so much easier if I could edit this Team Project Premiere Pro Sequence in Audition.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. For 5.1 channel tracks, allow the panner to be turned off, mapping the channels as-is to a 5.1 channel output.

Audition doesn't allow multitrack editing of existing 5.1-channel tracks without the panner steering the sound around, by default to only the front left and right channels. There's no option to simply disable the panner. In comparison, Premiere allows mixing 5.1 channels with no panning; it's the default behaviour.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Price for Audition only is too high!

A Creative Cloud membership is very expensive when the only application I use is Audition, and only on an infrequent basis. I am also paying in Canadian dollars, so it's almost $33 per month for a program I use only a half dozen times a year. I used to own Audition CS6 outright, but it is a 32 bit application and doesn't work in MacOS Big Sur. I think the monthly cost should be half what it is, or offer us the ability to purchase Audition outright.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. CD ISO export

Really could use the ability to write a CD layout to an ISO file instead of having to burn a disk..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Help with creating WEBVTT files

to help with the creation of WEBVTT files, have the CSV file generated from exporting markers include the "end time" rather than just the "start time." Better yet make the whole thing exportable as a WebVTT file with times, the proper numeric display (leading zeros) and the "-->" text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. There needs to be an auto save option on preferences for SINGLE track recordings

I can't believe this doesn't exist - there is the ability to set auto save preferences for a multi track recording but it doesn't seem to exist for a SINGLE track recording in audition. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see where it is and the forums seem to have been discussing this omission for years?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Automatic pitch correction and popping noises

I added the effect "automatic pitch correction" to some clips.

In the case of Windows(Intel Core i5-9400F @ 2.9 GHz),there is not noise.

But,in the case of macOS(Intel Core i5-8259U @ 2.3 GHz),it is creating a popping noise in the vocals.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. There should be a easier way to check room tone length in the end of tracks - track length sync / selection align right / reverse multitrack

For audiobook production purposes there are lots of standards.

For example: https://www.acx.com/help/acx-audio-submission-requirements/201456300#Head-Tail-Spacing

There are 2 big major problems in Audition (ACX standards).

1- The separate track file lengths are not synchronized with the lengths shown in multitrack editor and there is no easy way to do that. (If you delete some part of the original track the length of the multitrack version stays the same, what is the purpose of that?)

2-There is no easy way to check room tone length in the end of tracks

If you have over 100 tracks in multitrack you have to do that manually…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Speech to text Transcription

Hello,
    since Premiere Pro has the Speech to text feature, I think Audition users would love it too... :)
    Thank you,
    Daniel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Exporting mp3 with chapters

It’s a feature for podcasters mainly. You can use markers, and save them to wav/mp3 files using “save with all metadata” feature in the export settings. However - they are stored in a different format. The podcast chapters that are commonly used by all podcast platforms are in the ID3 tag of an mp3 file.

When I want to prepare my podcasts I have to use other software to transform markers into chapters.

Like Forecast (only accepts wav files which can be huge, and when they exceed 2Gb app just refuses to work properly), or Auphonic (which is great, but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug Report: Playback issues when using VST3 plugins

When I'm editing in the multitrack, and I have a VST-3 plugin on a bus or a master chain (in this case: a reverb from Waves, but it also happens with other plugins), stopping playback and then initiating playback again will play a bit of the reverb trail when the playback starts back up.

I'm using the latest version of Audition CC on MacOS 10.15.7.

It's like the audio engine is continuing to process the reverb in the background, and then when you start playback again, it will pick up where it left off when you stopped. It doesn't affect…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Issue : seamless multi-track session exports aren't that seamless

Hi everyone!

As I'm working on a video game ambiance sound, I needed to create a seamless audio. So I exported a multitrack session with all of my sounds. I imported the result (which isn't seamless), cut the beginnning and put it at the end with the fade-in/out feature (pic1). So, in Audition, when I listen to the audio, it's perfectly seamless, there's no cut or anything.

Once it's exported, the audio seems good when imported in Audition, the sound is perfectly cut (2nd track on pic2).

BUT

When you play the sound in any other software, there's a cut…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow us to drag files from the match loudness window into the batch process window

For those times when you want to add a bit of compression only to files hitting 0 , or boosting anything under a certain lufs reading etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Unique "memory" for match loudness and batch process

My workflow involves using match loudness to make WAVs and batch process to convert these to MP3s. These two functions share the same export settings "memory", so every time I use match loudness I have to switch back to WAV and every time I use batch process I have to switch back to MP3.

It would be great if each function had its own "previously used settings" so that I don't have to change this every time I switch between the two.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base