Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Constant User LogIn Prompts

I have to log in to begin using the Audition product every day! In a perfect world, if my machine/device is logged in to Adobe Acrobat, for example, the need to re-log in to use Audition would not be necessary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Different color markers with different keystrokes

It would be great to have keystrokes for different colored markers. As I listen I would like to mark different things, having a keystroke for each color market would be fantastic. Thank you so much!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Different color markers with different keystrokes

It would be great to have keystrokes for different colored markers. As I listen I would like to mark different things, having a keystroke for each color market would be fantastic. Thank you so much!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Different color markers with different keystrokes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Waveforms aren't displayed correctly after relinking audio files

You can reproduce this bug in the Multitrack editor using the following steps.

Open a new multitrack session
    Open a multi-channel audio file
    In the 'Files' browser click the > to show all the channels in the audio file
    Drag just one channel onto a track in the Multitrack editor
    The waveform will display correctly
    Close the session
    Rename the audio file
    Open the session and re-link the audio file
    The Multitrack editor will now show all the channels of the audio file instead of just the correct one

This bug is still present in Audition 14.4

The only workaround…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Waveforms aren't displayed correctly after relinking audio files

Close the session
    Rename the audio file
    The Multitrack editor will now show all the channels of the audio file instead of just the correct one

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Waveforms aren't displayed correctly after relinking audio files

Close the session
    Rename the audio file

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug - Adobe Audition - export to mp3 produces shorter file

I recently discovered (July 2021) that Adobe Audition produces a slightly shorter file when exporting a multitrack mix to mp3. In an 25 minute file, it is 2 seconds shorter. It is critical for me as I have a second of silence in the middle of the track and I have to specify the exact location of the silence and it comes out 1 second to early. I have been doing this for years now and it has only happened in the last month or so. It is probably caused by a faulty mp3 conversion in Audition. I converted an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Exposing VST/VST3 parameters to the control surface plugin APIs

Audition, unfortunately, doesn't expose VST/VST3 parameters to the control surface plugin APIs nor to a universal MIDI learn capability. I'd like to recommend to expose this parameter to MIDI so that it would benefit users of every audio control surface (specifically looking at getting Monogram Controllers for Audition). If exposed to the control surface plugin API, it would benefit other similar devices to Monogram that use a native integration with Audition.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Things I miss from 3.0 (using new version now)

1. Allow saving a selected area of audio in editor to a folder while playing back live (When I have a file for a station with 30 sweepers on it 3.0 let me do that so I could listen and label file according to content simultaneously - time saver) New version won't allow that

2. Where did Dynamic EQ go? Loved that (maybe I am not seeing it?)

3. Would be cool if switching between sessions would only show audio files associated with that session - currently I see every file from every session (maybe there is a way to do that ?)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix bug in multitrack where each track covertly has +3 dB of gain applied

Created new multitrack session, placed song that peaks at -0.1 dB into track 1, hit play, track and mix levels show peaking and distortion present, double click song on track 1 to open it as an individual file, hit play, track levels show -0.1 dB, went back to multitrack to double check, hit play, track and mix levels show peaking and distortion present. This sort of thing is seriously unacceptable from a paid product, let alone from a company as large as adobe. SMH

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring Back Central Channel Extractor

The Center Channel Extractor is very important to be able to separate out vocals from background sound or music. However, I found after uploading a file, it did not operate as the tutorial explained here: https://helpx.adobe.com/audition/how-to/remove-vocals-background-music.html

The Central Channel Extractor would run but show an error about CPU and latency loading issues. It would have no option for previews of changes via the CCE and lacked an Apply button on the popup menu. In addition, even after using the Effects panel to press "Apply" to get around the lack of buttons on the CCE popup menu...all the effects selected in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use Lame MP3 Encoder to dramatically improve quality

Title says it all, even though the MP3 license has expired it is still used by a large majority of people and it is still offered as an Export option in Audition. With the current Fraunhofer encoder at CBR 320, there is a brickwall at the 16kHz frequency, which removes a lot of the higher frequencies during compression (therefore decreasing the quaility). On the other hand, the LAME encoder does not have this issue and extends its range to 20kHz (maximum a human can hear). Many other DAWs use this while Audition is the only one that has not taken…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Upon exporting a mix down from Multitrack - open a Finder Window showing the file in its location that you saved it in.

Like other DAWs, I'd like to have it when you export a mix down from Multitrack, it opens the folder you saved the file to, and has the file highlighted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Select clips to start of selected track

There's an option to "select clips to end of selected track". Why is there no function to "select clips to start of selected track"?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Worst subscription model offered!!!

just hate this wierd policy of 12 month subscription locking and no means to terminate without penalty... the whole of subscription world is turning into pay as you go! so is what is a general Cloud concept isnt it? then why are you forcing your users to sign up for the whole year... even though there are monthly subscription options, there is some hidden locking clause which doesn't make any sense. my adobe work was done as i was working on a project as a student and when i tried to cancel the subscription, I was given a warning that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Spelling errors

Hello,

On the very first page of the "Reducing Background noise" tutorial, the second sentence starts with: "Though this effect[s] can...". Instead, it should probably be written as "Though this effect can" (in singular form).

Also, in that same tutorial, on the page whose heading is "Tips and tricks for even better results", there are two errors:

1) In the first asterisk, the last sentence partially reads: "...if noise reduciton is applied". The word "reduciton" should instead be written as "reduction".

2) In the third asterisk, the paragraph ends with two periods, whereas it should probably only end with one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Strange Glitch in 11.4

Since upgrading to MacOS 11.4, there have been noticeable stability issues with Audition 914.2.0.34. Frequent freezing and crashing and graphical display issues (Example: See screen shot to see strange rendering of top bar.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Strange Glitch in 11.4

Since upgrading to MacOS 11.4, there have been noticeable stability issues with Audition 914.2.0.34. Frequent freezing and crashing and graphical display issues (Example: See screen shot to see strange rendering of top bar.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Manual Pitch Correction In Audition Like Paths With Anchor Points In Illustrator

Manual pitch correction in Audition similar to paths with anchor points in Illustrator to adjust pitch. Instead of having to highlight the section and raise cents, the green notes would have "anchor points" that snap to the grid. Handles would also be an efficient way to curve pitch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base