Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Effects modules VANISH after you press "Apply." Please have all effects and plug-ins stay UP and OPEN until we're finished using them.

Effects modules VANISH after you press "Apply." Please have all effects and plug-ins stay UP and OPEN until we're finished using them.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring Back The Hybrid Tool in Multitrack

Just updated from Adobe Auditon 3. The most frustrating part is the default tool "Hybrid" is now missing from multitrack. I've been using this program since Cool Edit and would love to have it back. What took me a few minutes is taking me much longer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to lock vertical zoom for individual tracks

I sometimes have one or more tracks that I want to keep fairly tall all the time so I can see their audio in more detail, while other tracks can usually stay as small (vertically) as possible. But when I do need to zoom those small ones and then zoom them all the way back out, my tall ones also get zoomed out. If I could lock them, I'd be much happier.
    A variation on this idea would be zooming proportionally when some tracks have been individually zoomed, so the small ones get bigger and the big ones get even…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. In multitrack: option to apply or commit cuts and save clip as new file

If I have a file that's 50 minutes long and place it in a track, then end up only using 5 minutes of it (whether cut with razor or trimming by moving the ends of the clip), I'd like to be able to tell Audition to make a new audio file that includes only the part I'm using, save it (allowing me to name it if I want), and place it in the mix instead of the long one, keeping all keyframes, effects, etc. As it is now I have to try to find that exact portion of the file…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A more visible indicator that a track is pre-rendering

When you have more tracks than can fit vertically on the screen at once, and some are set to pre-render, you have to watch for the little circle turning blue as you scroll to know if something is prerendering. I would like one of the following:
    1. The entire track properties/info area at the left end of the track turns a different color instead of the same gray as other tracks (or turns a tinted version of gray). Allow user to select what the color is.
    2. The whole track or at least the info/properties area is given a bright…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. the missing script option must be added back to the audiotion program

the missing script option must be added back to the audiotion program

it is an option that by clicking on configuration files opens a list of options and under that "script" that option helped to import text document files

for subliminal decoding

and several more options

I was in cs3, I think, and in cs6 that option doesn't appear anymore, I should go back, please please thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Accessibility improvements for blind users

Welcome
    I am blind user of your trial version of adobe audition, however i am totally blind user with big experience of using Windows operating system and MacOS with screen readers. Unfortunatelly the adobe audition has not accessible on both platforms. It is most important to add the accessibility features to your APP such as accessibility assistant in acrobat reader. There are lots of users with visually empires around the world who use the computers and mobile devices as second eyes. I am radio journalist and editing audio material is my work, so adding this feature will improve my work…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I have an adobe rant ...I had always used Soundbooth, it's easier to use in my opinion. When audition opens up for new users it opens up th

I have an adobe rant ...I had always used Soundbooth, it's easier to use in my opinion. When audition opens up for new users it opens up the sound file in voice track mode and I was so agitated because I couldn't figure out how to edit it or change the interface I tried changing the workspaces and still no way to edit the file, I would have never thought to click on multitrack because i only had one sound file not multiple files. I really hate that audition is so poorly designed a person well versed in other applications…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it possible to select any number of ranges in the Markers pane and run effects on them

It would be so helpful if we could select one or more ranges in the Markers pane and then run effects on them, either normal effects or Favorites we set up.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Audition constantly crashing

Summary: Audition is frequently and randomly crashing. I'm working on a podcast which uses a lot of movie clips and a few different interview tracks. A lot of the video files are mp4s, but they seem to be generating new wav files fine. My Conformed Files folder is huge tho. It was working fine for about a month and then it started to crash on me. Now it's happening all the time and I can't figure out why!

I've reached out to Adobe support twice: once through chat and one phone call. Nothing has worked. So far I have done…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow finer adjustments to playback speed, allow changes to horizontal scrolling performance

JKL is pretty familiar to anyone who uses Audition regularly. If you edit podcasts, you know how crucial this can be for the purposes of saving time. The problem is, much like the terrible means of searching for silence in Audition (for the purposes of dialogue editing, anyway), it’s far too rigid and playback sounds incredibly unnatural. Right now, I have my shuttle increases set to half speed, which gives me a roughly 1.3X playback. I’d like to use a higher speed, but anything greater than that is useless for spoken word. They’re chipmunks and you can’t understand anything. Pro…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multicore performance (or lack thereof) in Audition

I’ll just post a (slightly modified for context) message that I sent to Jason Levine as an open letter since there is literally no information or outreach about this out there.

TL;DR, I’m very close to switching DAWs (likely Pro Tools) even though I don’t want to. Between this and a lack of a real strip silence feature that’s also usable in the nondestructive environment, and which doesn’t force me to ripple my track and/or export to hundreds of useless markers, it’s becoming less and less viable to continue editing in Audition.

Hi Jason,

Please forgive me for contacting you…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Apply fade in/out to multiple clips in a batch

Often I'm editing tutorials with many cuts that need a quick fade in/out at the top and bottom of each clip to avoid discontinuity pops. I would love to be able to apply a fade in/out to each one by a variable number of milliseconds and shape to speed up my audio editing. At the moment I can make a custom keyboard shortcut for the fade in and a separate one for the fade out, but you can't adjust the amount of time the fade takes, so it's always too long of a fade and I have to adjust it…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Audition 2020 not showing multitrack view

I updated to AA2020 on 01//14/2020, I have a Mac with 2 monitors and my workspace is split, I have the multitrack/edit view on the left monitor and the mixer in the right side, Now when I open AA 2020 it only displays the mixer in the right monitor but no multitrack/edit view at all. I changed to different workspace presets and the problem is the same, I noticed since updating to AA 2020, so I downgraded to 2018 and it works fine. Is this a bug?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Marquee Selection of keyframes in multitrack

being able to use a rectangle/marquee tool to select and remove keyframes in the track envelopes would be extremly helpful.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. space bar stops working while editing audio with Audition 2020. This didn't occur with previous version.

While editing wav files with Audition 13.01.35, space bar stops working for playing and stopping after renaming the marker with multi-byte characters.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Audition 13.1 The audio level Freeze when you're recording and you're in "Pause"

Audition 13.1 The audio level Freeze when you're recording and you're in "Pause". After releasing it works well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow "Paste to Mark". For station tagging (and other) if you could paste the same audio to every marker the workflow would be much easier.

Allow "Paste to Mark". For station tagging (and other) if you could paste the same audio to every marker the workflow would be much easier.

This came from my work last night where I voiced every day of the year, every 30 minutes of each day, every month, every season and so on each followed by the name of the PBS station. An option to "past to marks" would have saved a few hours of work. Instead, I had to skip to each mark, paste, clear and skip again.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. multi track audio syncing in Audition

It would be great if Audition could sync multiple tracks from different sources / files like in premiere pro.

We record a pod cast and use a few different recording sources. It would be great if Audition could sync the files so they were in time with each other.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base