Skip to content

Audition

ANNOUNCEMENT — This forum is moving

Thanks for all your feedback and ideas. To improve communications between you and the Audition team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Audition page on the Adobe Support Community forum. Ideas and bugs will live separately in that forum, and existing ideas and bugs from this forum will be moved to the new forum. 

Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please re-post it on our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

185 results found

1. We need a history brush tool in Adobe Audition.

It would be very useful to us if there were a history brush tool in Adobe Audition.
    For example you are removing breathing sound from a voice clip manually and after finishing the work you suddenly notice that you have made a part of the voice silent mistakenly in the beginning. Now you need to go to history panel, undo all of your work and then need to do all the work again. If the voice is longer the frustration would be worse. But if there was a history brush tool then you just don't need to take all these…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. Ripple MOVE function for Clips (instead of just Delete or Insert)

Look guys... everyone else is doing it. It's very simple. And this lack of functionality has actually caused us to move away from Audition for recent episodes.

It works like this:

Step 1) Enable Ripple editing (global)

Step 2) Move a clip

Step 3) Watch all the other clips subsequent to that one, on all tracks or just one track (as selected by you), move by the exact same amount - so you're not overwriting by accident on the one hand, or having to zoom way out on your timeline in order to manually select everything that has to move…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Apply and copy/paste effects to multiple clips or tracks at once

The ability to select multiple clips or tracks and apply the same effect to them simultaneously - either by using the track/clip effects or by copy/pasting effects - would be a huge time saver. Yes, I realize you can create a preset and apply an effect rack that way, but you still have to do it one track or clip at a time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Admin →
  4. Support MIDI

Audition should be able to import MIDI files into the multitrack function. Without MIDI it's of very limited use to me as a songwriter.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automation Follows Clips

I would like to write automation (effect sends, EQ moves, etc.) on audio tracks (and bus tracks, but that's too much to ask, I assume) and have that automation be tied to the clip when I move it around the timeline. In podcasting we are constantly editing the timeline right until the mix is exported. In video, the timeline is locked so it's not an issue.
    I know that ripple delete kind of achieves this, but when you just want to move one clip and have the supporting sfx or music stay in place, that isn't an option. As it…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can Premiere, Audition, and AE icons have different colors again?

It has been a while since they all shared the same color and it is still a bit inconvenient especially when I am looking at multiple project files of different kinds and I have to take extra time to go through to make sure I am clicking the file I am looking for.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Exposing VST/VST3 parameters to the control surface plugin APIs

Audition, unfortunately, doesn't expose VST/VST3 parameters to the control surface plugin APIs nor to a universal MIDI learn capability. I'd like to recommend to expose this parameter to MIDI so that it would benefit users of every audio control surface (specifically looking at getting Monogram Controllers for Audition). If exposed to the control surface plugin API, it would benefit other similar devices to Monogram that use a native integration with Audition.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Use Lame MP3 Encoder to dramatically improve quality

Title says it all, even though the MP3 license has expired it is still used by a large majority of people and it is still offered as an Export option in Audition. With the current Fraunhofer encoder at CBR 320, there is a brickwall at the 16kHz frequency, which removes a lot of the higher frequencies during compression (therefore decreasing the quaility). On the other hand, the LAME encoder does not have this issue and extends its range to 20kHz (maximum a human can hear). Many other DAWs use this while Audition is the only one that has not taken…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. iPad Pro version of Audition

There is already Audition running on the Mac M1 why not have a version for the iPad Pro m1?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug: Audition incorrectly increments IPlugView* ref-count after calling IEditController::createView()

When creating a VST3 editor, Adobe Audition incorrectly increments the reference count of the returned IPlugView* instance from IEditController::createView(). This object starts with a ref-count of 1, so incrementing it causes it to never be released after the ref-count is decremented leading to lifetime issues.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects  ·  Admin →
  11. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Symmetrical Cross Fades now default?

Since the most recent update, all my clips are defaulting to symmetrical crossfades rather than asymmetrical.

Symmetrical crossfades do not work for dialogue editing, since asymmetry maintains the noise floor evenly.

Every edit I make, I now have to right click the fade square and set it to asymmetrical, which is annoying and taking me a lot of extra time that adds up over thousands of edits per episode.

I looked in the preferences panel and couldn't find any setting to change this back, nor have I been able to find the answer within the manual/documentation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  Durin G (Adobe) responded

As Matt mentioned, this has been updated in the Audition Beta, available in the Creative Cloud Desktop app, and will be in the next main release update of Audition.

13. Price for Audition only is too high!

A Creative Cloud membership is very expensive when the only application I use is Audition, and only on an infrequent basis. I am also paying in Canadian dollars, so it's almost $33 per month for a program I use only a half dozen times a year. I used to own Audition CS6 outright, but it is a 32 bit application and doesn't work in MacOS Big Sur. I think the monthly cost should be half what it is, or offer us the ability to purchase Audition outright.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Speech to text Transcription

Hello,
    since Premiere Pro has the Speech to text feature, I think Audition users would love it too... :)
    Thank you,
    Daniel

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Exporting mp3 with chapters

It’s a feature for podcasters mainly. You can use markers, and save them to wav/mp3 files using “save with all metadata” feature in the export settings. However - they are stored in a different format. The podcast chapters that are commonly used by all podcast platforms are in the ID3 tag of an mp3 file.

When I want to prepare my podcasts I have to use other software to transform markers into chapters.

Like Forecast (only accepts wav files which can be huge, and when they exceed 2Gb app just refuses to work properly), or Auphonic (which is great, but…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add ability to import AAF

Hi there // the ability to import AAF is so necessary. I mean, this embedded AAF i just received opens in Davinci Resolve, why can't it be opened in Adobe's audio program? Seems pretty basic.

Guess I'll move off Audition and into Resolve's Fairlight page.

Enjoy my subscription money anyway, what is it now, $960AUS a year? ****, you guys are killin it!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Being able to nest multi-track sessions

I would LOVE to be able to link multi-track sessions to one another like pre-composing in AE. I find my multi track sessions get so busy so quickly as I use a lot of sound layers in my work and not having dynamic links to other multi tracks makes it really hard for me to have an efficient workflow.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ripple Delete in Multitrack Mode Takes a Long Time

The ripple delete feature in multitrack mode takes 2-3 seconds to complete for each edit. I edit podcasts, and use this tool often so it's a huge productivity killer. I've found that restarting Audition makes it faster temporarily, but 15-20 ripple deletes later, it gets slow again. On macOS, it causes the "loading spinner" to appear as well. I've attached a video showing the issue.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →
  19. Epidemic Sound & Adobe Audition Integration

Now that Premiere Pro has integrated the Pandemic Sound music library into the Essential Sound panel and users everywhere are enjoying the ease of use that comes along with this arrangement, it begs the obvious question: why not have this same functionality in Audition? This would be an absolutely game changing feature for those of us who spend extended amounts of time in Audition and who also regularly need to audition music from outside sources.

I'm also surprised that evidently no one here has asked this question yet, unless I have missed it. So, let's make some noise fellow audio…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The ability to write comments on any kind of track in multitrack.

Sometimes I need a specific explanation of the track, but it doesn't exist in the current system. I would like to be able to add a Comment function to any kind of track like the attached photo.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base