Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. navigate editor

It would be great to have horizontal scroll control (or faster because it's too slow not as fast as in premier or pro tools) (not everyone has an Apple mouse. (that mouse is uncomfortable for me)).

It also would be great if we have a horizontal zoom as we have with Alt + scroll wheel. because navigation on horizontal is more important.

Also It will be great to have Hand Tool like in after effects by holding space for a long time. it will help to move and navigate better. (I figure out that it's on scroll button but would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Estou cansado de tantos Bugs

Desde que foi atualizado para a versão 14.0 em diante, o Audition está com uma série de Bugs, a instabilidade piorou muito e foi tirada uma função muito importante dele, quando o Audition fechava incorretamente ou por algum Bug, ele abria o projeto anterior intacto, agora isso não acontece. Outro sim, só consigo salvar um projeto com os plugins no Rack se aplica-los no modo Multitrack, para salvar na janela Editor, tenho que aplicar todos os efeitos para exportar ou salvar e se precisar fazer alguma alteração, preciso abrir o arquivo original e fazer tudo do zero, já estou farto…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include audio input (mic) level adjustment within Audition!

I'd been looking for an input level adjustment for ages and was amazed to find there isn't one within Audition - I have to open up settings on the computer to adjust mic levels! This wouldn't be an issue if I was using an audio interface but I often use a USB mic directly for quick recording. Why isn't this a feature? Free audio edit software includes such a basic feature. Would be useful to have in future updates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adobe Audition Build 14.1.0.43 - Metadata Editing - Copy/Paste Function

Am using a text palette of data from which to copy/paste data into the Metadata fields. Frequently, user is unable to Paste data into the field(s), forcing user to manually type data into field. Anomaly occurs in the following Metadata Tabs: ID3, RIFF, CART.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring Music Loops back or correct Audition menu/landing page to reflect removal

Apparently Adobe stopped providing music loops for use with Audition. It used to have both sound effects and music loops. The music has been removed. No explanation why, no alert to customers, and the information about them isn't even removed from the Offers page. I had been planning on using these for a project where I cannot afford to purchase stock music and was following tutorials on how to do so, only to discover that Adobe has apparently just stopped offering them. The customer service reps assisting me when I asked, took days in touch with the engineering team to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BUG - Audition CC (latest) crashes when opening MP4 file in MacOS 11.2.3

When I try to open an MP4 file (to extract audio from video files), Audition hard crashes and pops the crash report window. Upon relaunch, opening the previous session appears to function as normal until trying to open another MP4 file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: Audition incorrectly increments IPlugView* ref-count after calling IEditController::createView()

When creating a VST3 editor, Adobe Audition incorrectly increments the reference count of the returned IPlugView* instance from IEditController::createView(). This object starts with a ref-count of 1, so incrementing it causes it to never be released after the ref-count is decremented leading to lifetime issues.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More tutorials

Thank you for the video tutorials. Can you make more video tutorials? Ask yourself who is your audience. Some make music. Would be cool to see how one can record/master music with Audition. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug: Clip volume/pan envelopes disappear after linking new media to clip, then reappear after closing/reopening session.

I have a track with several audio clips. Each clip has keyframes controlling its volume. When I link a clip to a different media file, that clip's existing volume envelope lines and keyframes all disappear. They do not reappear until I close and reopen the session; then they reappear intact.

This is happening on Audition 2020 and 2021, on Mac OS 10.14.6.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug: Multitrack automation timings incorrect

I have a project with 5 vocal tracks, bussed to a VOC channel which is then bussed to a REVERB channel. I then use keyframe automation to switch on and off the REV rack as and when needed. However, the FX stop working several seconds before the rack keyframe is turned off. I have to move the off keyframe several seconds later in order for it to work correctly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Launch freeze with GeForce card on Audition 2021 14.0 and 14.1

I had Technical Support help me identify a problem with launching Adobe Audition on my Windows 10 pc with a GeForce GTX 1660 Super. It simply freezes.

Case ADB-19021551-W2J3

To reproduce (at my end)

1) Install any GeForce driver from 2021
    2) Install Adobe Audition 14.x (2021)
    3) Launch it and it locks up before the splash screen.

You have to wait for Windows to report an unresponsive app. The log file reveals that it stalls at Initializing (DisplaySurface) - no crash is reported actually. Just endless waiting for something.

No amount of fiddling with driver updates, deleting settings, clearing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please provide a way for users to alter UI parameters e.g. font size, colour etc.

This is NOT a cosmetics request. It's a usability request. Audition is not usable for me. I have eyesight difficulties blind in one eye and focus difficulties in the other eye. - a full explanation is provided in the forum here. https://community.adobe.com/t5/audition/how-can-i-work-with-the-fonts-and-colours-in-the-adobe-audiition-interface/td-p/11968035 so I wont write it all out again. But gray on gray text is almost impossible for me to read, and in any case the font size is far too small. I have to use a hand-held magnifier and move to within about 5cm from my high-res screen to read filenames, panel headlines, preferences options etc.

Almost every…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. HUD not displaying with time selection in 14.1

I'm not sure if I've missed something, or made a mistake.

But I noticed that the HUD is not showing up in the waveform editor, in the upgrade to 14.1

I noticed this first in the upgrade to 14, and then today, I upgraded to 14.1 - but it is still not displaying, during a time selection, even though I have it ticked (View > Show HUD).

When I go into the Preferences Menu > General and untick "Show HUD for selection ranges only" - then it does appear.

So this made me think it was possibly a bug, for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug Report: Audio Output Issue

In the latest version (14.1.0.43), Audition no longer automatically switches audio outputs when the system output changes. (Example: Monitor speakers versus plugged in headphones.) And when manually changing the audio output it in Audition, the system volume settings (e.g. changing the volume on your keyboard) do not change the volume of the Audition output. (You have to change the system audio output first and then reboot Audition in order for Audition to use those settings.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multiple Multitrack windows displayed at once

I would find it helpful to be able to have more than one Multitrack window displayed at the same time. For instance, if I want to build up a unique sound effect for a production I could add my elements to one window, complete with unique plugins, FX etc, mix it down and then drop the mixdown into the other Multitrack window. Or I can use it to cut and paste items from lengthy multi-microphone setups where I don't want the original session altered. This is possible in Premiere, it would be great to see it in Audition.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. CPU intensive plugins still consume cycles when turned off

I was using the Reverb fx and found that it slowed down the start of playback by several seconds. I turned off the effect on the track but the length of time to start playback was the same. I had to completely delete the effect in order to make my system responsive again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug: Audition 2021 stops scanning at particular VST(3) plugin - 2020 did not

I have recently purchased the VST/VST3 plugin Spiff from oeksound for transient fun.

Audition 2020 scanned the effects (I have rescan existing disabled) with no problem, and the effect operates as expected.

Audition 2021 seems to "stop" when it comes to spiff_64 and "never" finishes - I've only let it try for about 15 minutes, but it just sat there, never making progress. I did this twice - the second time it did the scan in a different order, saving spiff for last. However, when it got to spiff at the 97% mark, it just stopped again.

Note, ALL of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug: Audition 2021 stops scanning at particular VST(3) plugin - 2020 did not

I have recently purchased the VST/VST3 plugin Spiff from oeksound for transient fun.

Audition 2020 scanned the effects (I have rescan existing disabled) with no problem, and the effect operates as expected.

Audition 2021 seems to "stop" when it comes to spiff_64 and "never" finishes - I've only let it try for about 15 minutes, but it just sat there, never making progress. I did this twice - the second time it did the scan in a different order, saving spiff for last. However, when it got to spiff at the 97% mark, it just stopped again.

Note, ALL of…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. IDEA for VST: one central place to tell all adobe programs where to look for Third Party VST Plugins.

It would be great if there was ONE CENTRAL PLACE to fill in the directories where to look for VST plugins for ALL ADOBE PROGRAMS that use the VST plugins.
    Now we have to fill that in Premiere / Audition / After effects... and worst of all: Media Encoder DOES NOT RENDER 3rd party vst plugins.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →