Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Selección inestable de varios archivos en un proyecto

Sería imprescindible revisar por qué, al mover varios segmentos al mismo tiempo dentro de un proyecto, éstos se pueden alejar o acercar entre sí en el trayecto. Incluso estando agrupados. Eso no debería pasar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add support for position-synced plugins

Adobe Audition currently does NOT support position-synced plugins (like Cableguys Shaperbox2) and it would be fantastic if support for these types of plugins/effects was added, making Audition more like a DAW vs. just being an simple multitrack audio editor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Option To Display Effects Icons Across The Top

One of the really nice features of older Audition versions, were having the effects icons across the top. I think Audition 3.0 was the last version to display them. It just makes it so much easier and faster to access the effects. Anybody that does radio or music production can attest to the simplicity of accessing effects when they're right there in front of you, instead of click here, then here, then the effect. One click and you're there is so much easier.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We have to be able to select multiple tracks at once. Otherwise audition will never be a go to DAW for post audio imo.

Please PLEASE work on our ability to select multiple tracks at once. This would be a massive time saver.

Thank you!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable Arrakis Metadata Export

I'm curious about some added functionality to Adobe Audition. I work in radio and was happy to see that Adobe Audition had functionality for Wide Orbit Radio Automation Metadata. By this I mean, Artist, Title, Intro and EOM information could be saved in the wav form and then read by Wide Orbit automation - thereby saving millions of radio people the extra step of having to enter this information manually in Wide Orbit's file system.

I'm now working for Humana as their Senior Radio Station Consultant. Yes, we have a radio station! We use APEX and DIGILINK by Arrakis Systems…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Monday.com extension support for Audition and After Effects

I love the little Monday.com extension in Premiere Pro. It really helps reduce clutter. Please implement this for AfterEffects and Audition too. Perhaps it should just go to Media Encoder as this is used with all the Adobe programs?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Expand Audition out to 24.2 surround

Expand Audition out to 24.2 surround

With the addition of a little plugin called Spatial Audio Designer for Adobe Audition, you can expand Audition out to 24.2 surround – far more than even Dolby Atmos!

Plugin:
    https://newaudiotechnology.com/.../spatial-audio-designer/
    https://www.cinemasound.com/11-1-in-adobe-audition/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. can add a brainwave-sychronizer

in the very old 2003 version cool edit. there is a special effect->brainwave sychronizer...

if the adobe audition can provide this ,that will be fine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When sending from Premiere to Audition, cross-fades do not register if one end of the cross-fade is at the clip edge.

If I cross-fade evenly across two clips, it sends to Audition fine.
    If I have it cross-fade where one end of the cross-fade is also the edge of the clip, it will treat it not as a cross-fade.
    To mitigate this, I have been shifting the cross-fade by one frame in Premiere so that Audition will recognize this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Export spectrogram images

PART 1: Export spectrogram as image (or at least copy to clipboard).
    PART 2: Bring back feature to convert modified spectrograms to audio.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Could you please make it possible, by option or key, to move automation points in a timeline with selected clips above them?

It is really painful to move them separately if there are problems with the synchronisation for example after Colorgrading or simply a changed cut after picture lock 😵

Points under crossfades should simply crossfade too if you move a selected clip over an unselected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Frequency bands in different colors.

I wanted to be able to see different color for different frequency bands. I ended up making my own tool (not for public use), maybe this can inspire? See attachment.

Technical stuff:
    I use amplitude, top half is left bottom right.
    Used compute shaders to process the data and draw it on a texture. The texture only needs update when i zoom or cursor moves to far to left or right. If i updated the texture each frame it runs at about 5fps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bring Back The Toolbar

I used to be able to do many things, just by clicking buttons on the toolbar. The toolbar is gone. Something as simple as "Save" or "Save as" can only be gotten to from the File menu.

AA seriously needs a customizable toolbar - AT LEAST. More than 15 years of ingrained user workflow has been thrown out the window in the current stripped down AA. Missing functionality? Sure thing. Should I start a list?

At the current price of a subscription this is completely unreasonable and unacceptable. I am not a happy camper.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I need to be able to change the master audio track in a multitrack session from stereo to 5.1 and

I need the ability to change the master track in a multitrack session from Stereo to 5.1. If I start my session editing in Stereo, there is no way for me to switch to 5.1 when I am mixing on the mix stage. I have to create a brand new session. In addition, there seems to be no way to import my tracks from one multi-track session into an existing multitrack session, which makes it very difficult to work in sound editing teams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Delete sequential -∞ from beginning and end

Especially noticable in digital sound effect creation, there is sometimes no actual audio at the start and ends of a clip.

I would love a way to easily start from sample 0, then delete every sample less than some chosen dBFS (such as -100) until the first sample that is great than that chosen dBFS.
    Then the same thing going in reverse, from the last sample.

Being able to have this as a favorite and batch process tons of clips would be a real time save.

Right now we can sort of use the Diagnostics, but this is limited to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Solo button really a Solo button

Please change behavior of the Solo button so it aligns to the behaviour of all other programs in the world:

• Click -
      Disable Solo on all other tracks and enable Solo only on the selected track. If the current track already was in Solo mode, switch off Solo for all tracks, incl. current track.

• [SHIFT]-Click -
      Enable Solo on the selected track, plus all neighbour tracks while retaining [SHIFT]-Click and hovering the mouse across the track list. If the current track already was in Solo mode, disable Solo for that track, plus all neighbour tracks while retaining [SHIFT]-Click and hovering…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. scan for audio drop outs

sometimes when i am recording a mix to disk i have later discovered that due to windows update or some other back ground task the mix has dropped out a 1/4 second here or there and i do not always want to have to take 2 hours and review the mix to verify this is not happening.
    it would make sense if the software could scan for this type of irregularity and put markers where i should double check the mix .. thus saving previewing time ..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. external effects

Addition of plugin to send to external output and then compensate for latency. Presently, it is possible to route to an audio output on a separate bus and then bring it in as an input on a new track, but this has limitations and adds more tracks. It would be great if we could "patch" to an external hardware chain on the source track and have it process the effects in latency-adjusted time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. input effects

Would love if one could add FX to the input chain. That is, process FX on the incoming audio so that they are recorded into the tracks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Join Through Edits (not make new merged clip)

It seems as though it would be workflow functional to have the ability to remove edits created in continuous audio clips. Same way we can with right click "join Through Edit" in Premiere Pro. I know the merge clips workaround yet this is not the same thing and creates a new file. Seems like to much when I simply want to remove an edit or split. Thank you for taking the time to review this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base