Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Effects modules VANISH after you press "Apply." Please have all effects and plug-ins stay UP and OPEN until we're finished using them.

Effects modules VANISH after you press "Apply." Please have all effects and plug-ins stay UP and OPEN until we're finished using them.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Audition constantly crashing

Summary: Audition is frequently and randomly crashing. I'm working on a podcast which uses a lot of movie clips and a few different interview tracks. A lot of the video files are mp4s, but they seem to be generating new wav files fine. My Conformed Files folder is huge tho. It was working fine for about a month and then it started to crash on me. Now it's happening all the time and I can't figure out why!

I've reached out to Adobe support twice: once through chat and one phone call. Nothing has worked. So far I have done…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Same Marker treatment in Audition Premiere and After Effects

Need Markers that are handed over from Auditon to AfterEffects as they are handed over from Auditon to Premiere. At the moment I´ve to copy Audition files to Premiere to copy them from there to AfterEffects - no straigt line form Audition to AE.

Need Markers that are exported form any of those programms and will be accepted by any. At the moment there are different possibilites to export markers and marker exports are not accepted by the other programms.

Make markers a fluid workflow with same interchangeable format and same keys to create and modify.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: Clip automation doesn't render sometimes, including on export

I added an effect to a clip and added some automation for that effect on the clip. During editing, sometimes the effect automation doesn't render. I would assume, though, it would work on export, but even export won't always render the automation. This makes clip automation broken, which is unfortunate. It's also unfortunate I don't have an proper way to share any system details in the form of a bug report unless the program crashes. This is build 12.1.0.182 on Windows 10. Cheers.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Just because you can doesn't mean you should

Made quite a leap from CS6 to 13.
    Not feeling a lot of love for the newer interface.

Either go back to basic white/gray or give me the ability to change the color of the legends in the work spaces. That blue! Please.

I don't really need tabs on everything. The transport, the clock, the level meters? I know what these are and the tabs take up a lot of working space. Going to the menu bar occasionally to make changes is not all that tough.

And could we PLEASE get rid of that stupid jump during recording. Just let…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: Keyboard shortcuts preference screen is too large for my computer's resolution

My laptop's maximum display resolution is 1920x1080. i can't make it any larger. The Keyboard Shortcuts preference screen does not fit. Even if i move it to the very top of the screen, the bottom of the window (and therefore what i presume is the "Save" button, though i can't see it) is cut off, which makes the software's custom keyboard shortcuts feature completely unusable.

The window's corners can't be dragged to resize it. The little white diagonal arrows appear, but nothing happens when i drag the corners.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In the Help Menu, the first two items are links to the same page.

The title says it. Get rid of one; why have two items, one after the other, leading to the same website? See attachend:

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Batch amplitude and frequency response analysis

It's currently necessary to open a file, gather amplitude statistics, gather an average FR, save that FR to 1 of 8 color save slots (a few more color presets would be nice...😇), and open the next file to repeat for all files.

Would be incredibly helpful to streamline by providing the option to gather amplitude statistics for all open audio files.

It would be lovely to have the average FR of each open audio file so the FR shows up for the active audio file without the need to wait to process each one separately every time a file is…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. wideorbit

Hello,

I've asked about crashes regarding the wideorbit plug in before. Adobe told me to talk to Wideorbit. Wideorbit told me to talk to Adobe. Clearly Adobe and Wideorbit are not talking to each other.

In short if, i attempt to save a session that has a mono wideorbit .wave file - the program crashes.

This just happened to me (and happens somewhat regularly if i'm not perfectly careful)

What's even worse, is that right before the crash i saved the session (the wide orbit file separately) and all was well. I then hit save again, and the session crashed.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Audition stops responding to commands

During recording, Audition has started to randomly decide to stop responding to commands. Like "Stop". It will go on recording, sometimes for 10 - 20 seconds, sometimes until you force quit it (my personal best is about a minute and a half). If it does resolve without resorting to force quit, it eventually seems to start "hearing" commands again and goes through the cache of attempted commands you made while it was distracted.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to Jump in Multitrack view to Markers in Waveform view

Would like the ability in Multitrack view to move playhead (still in Multitrack view) to markers attached to any clips (Waveform) that are used in the Multitrack view (only if the marker is in a portion of the clip that is actually active in the Multitrack).

A very small, practically indistinguishable dotted line appears in Mutlitrack view for markers on the clips, but being able to quickly navigate to these or, at the very least, the ability to make them more obvious (size or color change as covered in another feature request) would be most helpful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to lock a track to prevent any inadvertant manipulation

Would love to see the ability to lock/and unlock a single track (or multiple tracks) to prevent any further manipulation (including clip movement, level changes, effects additions or changes, etc.). Similar to Premiere Pro's track lock.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Non destructive clip edits.

In Sonar or Pro Tools you have mixing channels below and can simple scroll to the track and cut and silence areas. However in Audition it gets convoluted with asking you to save the original clip. It should edit like Premiere Pro Clips. You import clips, they become a session or project. The original clips never get altered.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mixer Recall or Mixer Snap Shot

If you have a mulltitrack mixer one should have the ability to save and recall different mixes such as vocals up, guitars low and so forth. Sonar ( which is now free ) has it. Pro tools has it, my old Tascam DM24 has it! Not having this feature really makes mixing in Audition not worth it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Simplify Audio Controls

I am leaping from CS6 to CC. What used to be a simple WIndows process is not so simple anymore thanks to Audition, so I felt it good that someone remind you that, if you don't have any sound, Audition is a pretty worthless applications. It used to be you'd right click on the speaker in the taskbar and go to recording options and you could control the input of anything. Now you have to go into Audition, which has not one but two titles for the same thing: You have Sound Controls, and you have Audio Controls. They mean…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I have the feeling that Presets are not saved correctly anymore!

Hello there! I’ve been an Audition user for years and years now.

Having made some presets for the effect rack (single file and multitrack) I encountered the problem, that for some time now the presets do not work correctly. Maybe it happened in a recent update?

All the effects get loaded into the rack, but with most of them, their respective settings are set to defaults when I load the rack preset.
    I have some speech processing chains which I update regularly to make them fit my needs. But there, lot’s of the effects in that preset have gotten reset.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Disable ToolTips

Need the ability to Disable Tooltip pop-up balloons. They really get in the way when I'm editing a Multitrack Session. When I'm working on 1 Track, if I'm toggling between Razor and Move, and adjusting Volume, it totally gets in the way. Then I have to mouse away to get rid of it. In a lot of cases, I'm editing Podcast Vocals and tasked with removing a lot of dead air in between content or the speaker's thoughts.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add library and organisation features

Please ad a catalog or organisation feature like Lightroom for photo's.
    For all of us that have a lot of samples and sound recordings I would love to use just Audition (or a plugin) for the organisation and metatagging them.
    Thank you guys for creating these awesome programs, keep up the good work!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bugs introduced every single update. Every one.

Every single update introduces bugs. I've never seen such a thing. As a very regular user of Audition and someone who concentrates on workflow and keyboard shortcuts for repetitive processes it is very frustrating. It's worse every update and there is never any substantive improvement. It's like a car that goes into the shop and comes back with a new rattle every time. This doesn't happen w/ other Adobe apps. Why this one??? For the price we pay, it's really quite ridiculous.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. multi track audio syncing in Audition

It would be great if Audition could sync multiple tracks from different sources / files like in premiere pro.

We record a pod cast and use a few different recording sources. It would be great if Audition could sync the files so they were in time with each other.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base