Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Ripple Delete Gap Takes Longer As You Continue To Do Them

When I edit my audio in multitrack I cutout everything but good takes. Then I copy them to a new track and ripple delete the gaps in between the remaining good takes. As I do this, it starts to take longer for each ripple delete gap. Relaunching Audition fixes the problem for about 15-20 deletes, then it starts to get exponentially longer for the delete to occur.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In the Help Menu, the first two items are links to the same page.

The title says it. Get rid of one; why have two items, one after the other, leading to the same website? See attachend:

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Folders in Files Window

Currently there is no way to organise your imported files within the Files window. I would love to sort my audio files into Music, SFX, Dialogue, Video etc. After Effects and Premiere both support this and would be a great addition to Audition as well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add VSTi support duuuuuuu

Im going to the new Presonus DAW.
    I don't have time to waste by using 2 daws because you guys are too old school to support VSTi. It has already become industry standard.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dynamic Linking Audition into Premiere or AE

Just like with After Effects, can you please create the ability to dynamic link Audition into Premiere.I create the audio/narration first, and then add video to it. It's a workaround now, and it would be beneficial if I could import the Audition file into Premiere and be able to tweak it while producing the video.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring Back The Hybrid Tool in Multitrack

Just updated from Adobe Auditon 3. The most frustrating part is the default tool "Hybrid" is now missing from multitrack. I've been using this program since Cool Edit and would love to have it back. What took me a few minutes is taking me much longer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In multitrack: option to apply or commit cuts and save clip as new file

If I have a file that's 50 minutes long and place it in a track, then end up only using 5 minutes of it (whether cut with razor or trimming by moving the ends of the clip), I'd like to be able to tell Audition to make a new audio file that includes only the part I'm using, save it (allowing me to name it if I want), and place it in the mix instead of the long one, keeping all keyframes, effects, etc. As it is now I have to try to find that exact portion of the file…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. the missing script option must be added back to the audiotion program

the missing script option must be added back to the audiotion program

it is an option that by clicking on configuration files opens a list of options and under that "script" that option helped to import text document files

for subliminal decoding

and several more options

I was in cs3, I think, and in cs6 that option doesn't appear anymore, I should go back, please please thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Waveform / multitrack different Layout / same Preset

I don't know if it's already possible (I don't think so).

PROBLEM:

In the Waveforms view, I set my beautiful panels on the right and left with the sound wave in the center. I saved the Preset, all beautiful all functional.

I move to the Multitrack view and have the same panels, in the same arrangement on the right on the Left etc.
    Yes, but now the panels on the right give a lot of trouble to the view and to the assembly on the multitrack of the various tracks ... setting and when I return to the multitrack the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Apply fade in/out to multiple clips in a batch

Often I'm editing tutorials with many cuts that need a quick fade in/out at the top and bottom of each clip to avoid discontinuity pops. I would love to be able to apply a fade in/out to each one by a variable number of milliseconds and shape to speed up my audio editing. At the moment I can make a custom keyboard shortcut for the fade in and a separate one for the fade out, but you can't adjust the amount of time the fade takes, so it's always too long of a fade and I have to adjust it…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The tabs disposition

(unless you have a 4k monitor in full resolution), Audition has many panels to keep under control or easy to consult and on full HD 1920x1080 monitors the space is always too small ... and the panels always too many, many to keep open ...
    I'd like a more fluid management, collapsible panels like photoshop (up to icons only), groups of panels that collapse at the bottom or top snap, and no that every time you have to pull them up and down manually then always change the appearance and the size of the panels, how can this be done?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Audition 13.1 The audio level Freeze when you're recording and you're in "Pause"

Audition 13.1 The audio level Freeze when you're recording and you're in "Pause". After releasing it works well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Reorganise plug ins

Hi, would be great if we could reorganise plug ins.

Currently my WAVEs plug ins look like the attached screenshot - would be brilliant to bundle them in with the stock EQ catergories etc, like in Pro Tools!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Cumulative time across multiple clips

Podcasters need the ability to add up the cumulative time across multiple clips in a track when creating shorter 5 or 10 minute highlights editions of a 1+ hour podcast. There is no way to do this as per my original request in the community here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/audition/duration-of-all-clips-in-a-track-context-creating-a-10-min-podcast-highlights-episode/td-p/10967207?page=1

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MIDI and VST support

I kmow that audition is not a composer software but i'd like use virtual instruments to create my sounds.

91 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. allow me to add to the recording in waveform or multitrack without recording over existing track

Why can't one record in an existing track without recording over what is already there? I know, I have read where Audition functions like the old tape recorders. Except tape recorders are pretty much obsolete.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. search/copy effects like in other Adobe programs + create folders in import window

these things would very much improve everyday life with audition

• ability to create folders in import window

• ability to search effects like (PPro, AE,)

• ability to copy effects and paste to other clips

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I want the razor tool in waveform view...I'm forced to open a multisession. I would prefer destructive editing like Soundforge or Wavelab.

Sometimes I want simple destructive editing in waveform view and yet I am forced to create a multisession view. This is why I still use Sounddforge and Wavelab. They allow this and it makes for a MUCH FASTER WORKFLOW.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Audition: Typo in deDE on Restore after Crash UI

When Audition starts after having crashed, there's a typo on the button "Löschen", see attached image.

I know, our Umlauts are a pain in the accessories. ;)

Thank you!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bring Premiere Pro's Relink Method to Audition

Premiere Pro has an excellent method of relinking media files. If media isn't present in its last known place, it provides a window that tells you all the files that are missing and its last known location.

Audition only informs you that there is X number of files missing, and when you relink, it gives you one file to relink at a time, with no information where Audition thinks its last location is.

Additionally, Premiere Pro will automatically find remaining files based on the last location of the relinked file. Adobe Audition does not. Having this additional functionality would be…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base