Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create an Adobe Audition Rush for Podcasters (alternative to Alitu)

Creating a brand new application for Podcasters would be great because Audition doesn't make it easy.

Some features that would be great include mixing the following apps and features together:
    1) alitu.com - The Adobe Rush equivalent of Audition
    2) headliner.app - to create audiograms for social media of any length
    3) Being able to rename clips of audio from a full podcast timeline so that it is easier to make highlights clips for social media.
    4) If you need to create, for example, a 10-minute audiogram for social media, the AI would be able to auto-fit your clips in…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Renaming multiple clips at once

I want to be able to rename multiple clips simultaneously - ie highlight an edited section and rename it 'sam virus comment'. I'm sure this used to be possible but now, as soon as clip is split, the 'rename' option is greyed out if you highlight both sections. Please restore this - or tell me if there is a change I can make in settings. I got your online help desk to check this out and they said that the feature no longer existed. Thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible to select any number of ranges in the Markers pane and run effects on them

It would be so helpful if we could select one or more ranges in the Markers pane and then run effects on them, either normal effects or Favorites we set up.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: Adobe Audition STILL unable to access browser in MacOS Catalina 10.15.3

Adobe Audition (13.0.3.60) STILL is unable to access the browser in MacOS Catalina (10.15.3). Example: When clicking "browse" (see screen shot), you get an error (see screen shot).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multicore performance (or lack thereof) in Audition

I’ll just post a (slightly modified for context) message that I sent to Jason Levine as an open letter since there is literally no information or outreach about this out there.

TL;DR, I’m very close to switching DAWs (likely Pro Tools) even though I don’t want to. Between this and a lack of a real strip silence feature that’s also usable in the nondestructive environment, and which doesn’t force me to ripple my track and/or export to hundreds of useless markers, it’s becoming less and less viable to continue editing in Audition.

Hi Jason,

Please forgive me for contacting you…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. be able to use timecode in playhead

Davinci resolve has the ability to display my audio file's current timecode. But audition will not. It only starts at 00:00:00:00 rather than my timecode that is embedded in my clip

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Marquee Selection of keyframes in multitrack

being able to use a rectangle/marquee tool to select and remove keyframes in the track envelopes would be extremly helpful.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adobe Audition 2019 does not play in Dropbox

Ever since upgrading to AA 2019, none of the audio files or sessions will play within dropbox as they did before in 2018. I've gone thru this countless times with support and we can't seem to get to the root of the problem. Nothing has changed on my system except for the 2019 install. How can I get my adobe audio files and sessions to open and play within dropbox as I have been doing for the last 5 years?

Every other file opens. The audio even plays with windows media player within dropbox but nothing opens via adobe audition.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug: Clip automation doesn't render sometimes, including on export

I added an effect to a clip and added some automation for that effect on the clip. During editing, sometimes the effect automation doesn't render. I would assume, though, it would work on export, but even export won't always render the automation. This makes clip automation broken, which is unfortunate. It's also unfortunate I don't have an proper way to share any system details in the form of a bug report unless the program crashes. This is build 12.1.0.182 on Windows 10. Cheers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. multi track audio syncing in Audition

It would be great if Audition could sync multiple tracks from different sources / files like in premiere pro.

We record a pod cast and use a few different recording sources. It would be great if Audition could sync the files so they were in time with each other.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reducing bit depth without dithering causes unwanted artefacts

For AU 2019/2020, reducing 24-bit audio to 16-bit audio with no dithering will cause unwanted artefacts in the noise floor.

The last known good version to me is AU 2015.

Attached are screenshots of the mixdown of original file inverted with the file converted in Audition, and comparing the same file converted in iZotope RX with no dithering.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. create pkf files for multichannel wav

Only having a rudimentary knowledge that .PKF files are metadata used for display caching purposes (opening and displaying WAV files more quickly), I was wondering why multichannel WAV files can't have this? I have a multi-track recorder that saves the data as single, multi-channel WAV files. I have noticed that, when opened, no PKF file is generated, and when opening a session, it takes ages to open and display, as the large files have to be re-scanned every time the session is loaded. I have wondered this in regards to loading other file formats as well. Why can't metadata be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. You really need to fix the jumbled mess of how to easily get audio out of a MacBookPro.

The way Audition handles monitoring output settings in my MacBook Pro (2020) is simply atrocious. If I'm editing and I leave the program momentarily, upon returning to edit, any number of changes have happened.

1 - Most of the time all the settings are correct in Preferences/Audio Hardware. It's just there is no sound and I have to re-choose the output and then it works again. That only gets mild cussing.

2 - Another effect is that suddenly the Mac's volume control stops working with Audition. Audition plays back but the sound cannot be turned up or turned down. That…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export & share effect Rack presets

In every other piece of professional audio software I am aware of, I can share effect presets with others by finding the file, such as "giant_reverb.pst" etc., and sending to someone else who drops it in the same place on their computer, or imports, or whatever.

In Audition 2018, these seem to be stored in a big single XML file. Can this really be true? Is there no way to share? I just spent all day creating presets to share with a co-worker, but now I find there is no way to share just the relevant presets without sharing the…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug with sidecar on Mac

I like to use sidecar for a second display on my iPad. For my workflow I'm using premiere and Audition and switching back and forth. I have Audition on my second display on the iPad. When I switch to Premiere and move back to Audition it won't play. To get past the bug I switch to another file (in Audition) and then back and it plays fine. Please fix.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Choppy Playback

I'm not sure what's going on with the Mac version but the sound on playback is "choppy." It started after I upgraded to 13.0.4 so I rolled back to 13.0.3 and it worked for a few days but then started again. I upgraded, it was still there. Rolled back to 13.0.3 and it's working again. PLEASE get this fixed, thank you!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Just because you can doesn't mean you should

Made quite a leap from CS6 to 13.
    Not feeling a lot of love for the newer interface.

Either go back to basic white/gray or give me the ability to change the color of the legends in the work spaces. That blue! Please.

I don't really need tabs on everything. The transport, the clock, the level meters? I know what these are and the tabs take up a lot of working space. Going to the menu bar occasionally to make changes is not all that tough.

And could we PLEASE get rid of that stupid jump during recording. Just let…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. BUG: Ripple Delete Gap Takes Longer As You Continue To Do Them

When I edit my audio in multitrack I cutout everything but good takes. Then I copy them to a new track and ripple delete the gaps in between the remaining good takes. As I do this, it starts to take longer for each ripple delete gap. Relaunching Audition fixes the problem for about 15-20 deletes, then it starts to get exponentially longer for the delete to occur.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In the Help Menu, the first two items are links to the same page.

The title says it. Get rid of one; why have two items, one after the other, leading to the same website? See attachend:

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Folders in Files Window

Currently there is no way to organise your imported files within the Files window. I would love to sort my audio files into Music, SFX, Dialogue, Video etc. After Effects and Premiere both support this and would be a great addition to Audition as well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base