Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Loudness radar meter causes Audition v13+ to crash on mac

I'm a heavy user of adobe audition and I often use the tool 'Loudness Radar Meter' which allows you to quickly see the relative loudness of different tracks in audition. Unfortunately, since v13 every time I would attempt to use the tool audition will crash - I will be greeted with the spinning wheel of death (on mac). There's no other option than to force quit. This has also meant that old files where the tool was used and left active are now inaccessible, as opening them will cause audition to crash. I tried updating to the latest version of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manuals & Tutorials

Learning how to use the Adobe Apps is a cluster...
    "Manuals" are obscure.
    The various "How-To" videos and other tutorials are scattered all over the place and nothing seems connected or based the science of education. Instead it seems random, disjointed and haphazard.
    Adobe, you have the resources to do a better job for the sake of current and new users. Don't abuse your near monopoly by neglecting the basics.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multitrack - razor tracks without stopping playback

It would be a massive time saver if it were possible to razor tracks during playback without having to stop playback first. It's possible to do this in Premiere Pro, and I'd like to see the same feature in Audition's Multitrack. I'm in a position where I find it faster to rough cut multitrack speech programming in video editing software than audio software!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Basic Touch Bar Support for Audition.

Audition is still lacking Touch Bar support. Basic support for simple things such as being able to scrub through the timeline or preview clips. Perhaps the ability to adjust volumes or enable/disable plugins on multitracks, or add quick shortcuts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Parametric equalizer: comments under each frequency points

Hello
    it would be useful to add arbitraty text notes under each frequency points in parametric equalizer. For example when I cut off some frequency it would be nice to store the comment why I did it in the past. These comments may help to understand mixes done some time ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. An option to attach markers to clips in multitrack view, rather than attaching them to the timeline

Currently in Audition's multitrack editor, markers can only be attached to the timeline. It would be helpful to have an option to attach markers to individual clips, so that when those clips are moved in the timeline the markers move with them.

The only way to achieve this right now is to go into waveform view and place a marker there. This is pretty inconvenient and involves a lot of clicking back and forth between views.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. improve clip fade handle function in multitrack for speed of use

As a podcast and long form voiceover editor it would be incredibly helpful if the clip fade box in the top right and left corner had some preferences for size. the square is tiny.

a huge part of my time editing dialogue is fading clips at the start to iron out bumps from room tone and cutting mid word like to remove an "uhm". To do this, I have to ripple delete, then select the clip, then grab the tiny little box, pull fade, and move along.

It would be nice if we had a preference to make that box…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. En las últimas actualizaciones, las ondas de audio son borrosas, esto hace dificil la edición

En las últimas actualizaciones, las ondas de audio son borrosas, esto hace dificil la edición. adjunto la comparativa con la version en la que todo era más claro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. En las últimas actualizaciones, las ondas de audio son borrosas, esto hace dificil la edición

En las últimas actualizaciones, las ondas de audio son borrosas, esto hace dificil la edición. adjunto la comparativa con la version en la que todo era más claro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. En las últimas actualizaciones, las ondas de audio son borrosas, esto hace dificil la edición

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The latest macOS version is not compatible with AirPods Pro?

When using AirPods pro, the software doesn't work properly. The audio sounds pretty noisy and cannot be played and paused smoothly. Using other wired audio devices or the Windows version sounds all good. Is this some compatibility problem?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ripple Delete in Multitrack Mode Takes a Long Time

The ripple delete feature in multitrack mode takes 2-3 seconds to complete for each edit. I edit podcasts, and use this tool often so it's a huge productivity killer. I've found that restarting Audition makes it faster temporarily, but 15-20 ripple deletes later, it gets slow again. On macOS, it causes the "loading spinner" to appear as well. I've attached a video showing the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Nondestructive Waveform Editing

When making edits to an individual clip it would great if it would save the changes as a recipe as in Lightroom Classic, or transparently render a new file into media cache or RAM and change the pointers to reference it. This would operate safely the way Lightroom Classic, Premiere Pro and other professional apps operate.

Additionally, the users shouldn’t be promoted to manually save changes to clips. This should be done automatically in the background and the multitrack editor and Dynamic Link partners should reference the newest clip version without manual file reference / save as changes.

Perhaps in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Controller surface optimization

It would be wonderful if the arrow keys on my control surface would scroll my entire screen by half a screen at a time, instead of moving my playhead, since that's what the jog wheel is for. Also, it would be wonderful to have faster, or even variable scrubbing speed on my jog wheel, because that is god awfully slow

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Implement Premiere's synchronization of audio

For something like podcast editing, synchronization would be an awesome feature. We can record the call that we're on to use as the base - and then sync the raw audio from our microphones to the call audio to make sure that our responses are at the right time, to quickly be able to delete that and focus on making the audio itself sound good, rather than spending extra time lining up everybody's audio just right. It'd be great to have it be a native feature instead of trying to do it in Premiere first!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The ability to write comments on any kind of track in multitrack.

Sometimes I need a specific explanation of the track, but it doesn't exist in the current system. I would like to be able to add a Comment function to any kind of track like the attached photo.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Insert Silence Dialogue Missing/Doesn't Work

https://community.adobe.com/t5/audition/add-silence-dialog-box-stops-appearing/td-p/10688443?page=1

Happens on PC (me) and here on Mac. So cross platform. Happened to me when editing stereo and mono files working with wav, mp3 and m4a files.

Here is info from others:

When adding a chosen duration of silence to a recording, I go to: Finder > Edit > Insert > Silence. A pop-up dialog box then appears allowing me to choose the time duration. I then hit "OK", and away we go...

Currently, this operation will work two or three times before the final dialog box stops appearing, never to return until I restart my computer. I have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG: Unable to hide Audition on a machine equipped with Apple M1 chip

Using a 2020 MacBook Pro w/ M1 chip, running macOS Big Sur v11.1. The user is unable to hide Adobe Audition using either the key command (cmd+H) or the menu option to hide the application. Presume this is specific to M1 chip devices as the problem does not exist on an Intel based Mac Mini (2018) running the same OS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug: macOS Big Sur with Audio file Display Problem

I have seen people reporting about display problems in Multitrack Waveform. I also want to show that it also affect single audio file as well. I unstalled and reinstalled Adobe Audition but the problem was still the same.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base