Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Utilize CPUs better when mixing down to file

I have a podcast template with 6 voice tracks, a dialog bus, SFX / music tracks and a final mix/check bus before master. I have 1-2 VST effects on each of these. Mixing down a 2 hour podcast episode will easily take an hour on a pretty decent machine - with 15% CPU utilization.

I realize this is complex, but couldn't the mixdown process be modularized to take advantage of multiple CPUs in the system, and thus probably reduce the mixdown time greatly?

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use of VST Instruments.

Allow Audition to be able to use VST instruments and midi.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. distorted volume when converting WAVs to MP3 in Batch processing

when using Batch processing AA adds a lot of volume to converted mp3 files to the point it gets distorted, it happened before in previous updates but it was fixed in the one before 13.0.5.36 but in the latest one it's doing it again.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audition now makes some clips offline in the multitrack when you have saved the session

Audition appears that it has made some clips appear offline in the multitrack when you have saved the session..

If you close the session, and then re-open it, they appear fine..

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. record mode can't be selected

Hi, when I finish a procet and restart it again, none of the layers can be selected for recording. I don't kn ow why, but this happens each and every time. I start the program and the layer that has hat the little "r" in red before can not be selected. I always have to delete this layer, create a new one and THEN I can select "r".

When I save a project under a different name the same problem occures.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The default CDDB now redirects to another company called Magix

The CDDB feature by default points to a freedb.freedb.org. That address now redirects to a company called Magix, so the feature is now broken by default. Can someone suggest a good alternative site to use until there is a new functional default incorporated into Audition?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bugs introduced every single update. Every one.

Every single update introduces bugs. I've never seen such a thing. As a very regular user of Audition and someone who concentrates on workflow and keyboard shortcuts for repetitive processes it is very frustrating. It's worse every update and there is never any substantive improvement. It's like a car that goes into the shop and comes back with a new rattle every time. This doesn't happen w/ other Adobe apps. Why this one??? For the price we pay, it's really quite ridiculous.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Multicore performance (or lack thereof) in Audition

I’ll just post a (slightly modified for context) message that I sent to Jason Levine as an open letter since there is literally no information or outreach about this out there.

TL;DR, I’m very close to switching DAWs (likely Pro Tools) even though I don’t want to. Between this and a lack of a real strip silence feature that’s also usable in the nondestructive environment, and which doesn’t force me to ripple my track and/or export to hundreds of useless markers, it’s becoming less and less viable to continue editing in Audition.

Hi Jason,

Please forgive me for contacting you…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please, could You kindly fix the "Edit clip in Audition"

Audiotin seems to be the most useless program I have ever used since I got my first mac in year 1992. The one and only time I try to use it is in Premiere CC when I try to use the command "Edit Clip in Audition".

And it NEVER works, even if I have the newest version updated; the Audition opens, but the clip does not appear in it.

I have tried to remove the programs, update the programs, use the old&new version mixed - and nothing helps. It has been around TWO years since I was last time able…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reducing bit depth without dithering causes unwanted artefacts

For AU 2019/2020, reducing 24-bit audio to 16-bit audio with no dithering will cause unwanted artefacts in the noise floor.

The last known good version to me is AU 2015.

Attached are screenshots of the mixdown of original file inverted with the file converted in Audition, and comparing the same file converted in iZotope RX with no dithering.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. create pkf files for multichannel wav

Only having a rudimentary knowledge that .PKF files are metadata used for display caching purposes (opening and displaying WAV files more quickly), I was wondering why multichannel WAV files can't have this? I have a multi-track recorder that saves the data as single, multi-channel WAV files. I have noticed that, when opened, no PKF file is generated, and when opening a session, it takes ages to open and display, as the large files have to be re-scanned every time the session is loaded. I have wondered this in regards to loading other file formats as well. Why can't metadata be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug with sidecar on Mac

I like to use sidecar for a second display on my iPad. For my workflow I'm using premiere and Audition and switching back and forth. I have Audition on my second display on the iPad. When I switch to Premiere and move back to Audition it won't play. To get past the bug I switch to another file (in Audition) and then back and it plays fine. Please fix.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adobe Audition should accept h265 codec on the .mp4 videoformats. h264 is accepted but h265 is not.

Hi you really need to make it so that Adobe Audition will accept h265 codec on the .mp4 videoformats. h264 is accepted but h265 is not.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Smooth Transitions for New Punch n Roll (non-destructive or destructive) Feature!

The new Punch & Roll feature is great. However, there is one tweak that needs to happen, soon. You shouldn't have to "fade-in" a clip in multitrack to make the "punch-in" transition smooth. The automatic crossfade should work like it did before in multitrack. You also shouldn't have to go back and smooth over punch & roll sections in the waveform editor. For long form narration, this adds editing time which PnR was designed to reduce.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug report - ASIO playback breaks up depending on sample rate

Using Audition 2019, Windows 10, Digigram VX881E sound card.
    Playback breaks up if the sound card clock rate is set the same as the file rate. If the clock is set to 44.1k, a 44.1k file will break up on playback, but a 48k will play fine. Same problem the other way around. Recording seems OK. This is using ASIO.
    NOTE: This problem does NOT occur with Audition CS6 or Audition 2018, only Audition 2019.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Zoom problems

I have problems with time zoom (holding control with mouse wheel).
    When I made the cuts and than try to zoom out or in, the interface freezes. Ok It does not freeze complete since I can grab the timeline and move forward/backward but the ctrl+mouse wheel does not work all the time.
    It's very frustrating as it prevents me from making smooth workflow. It constantly stoping work at random moments and start working again after few seconds. It feels like computer is doing something in background and prevents from zooming in. But only with Ctr+mouse. I can still force it…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2019 slow and distorted playback, compared to 2018...which works fine

on my mac, 2018 works great. 2019 is slow and distorted playback...unusable. Latest version of iOS.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. No input signal from Roland TriCapture

Addition 12.1.2 on Mojave. I cannot get input signal from Roland TriCapture USB audio interface. Microphone access is granted. Roland says since I can record sound from TriCapture using QuickTime, their driver is working correctly and it’s an Audition issue.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. autosave fails when switching between different multitracks

I have long noticed that the autosave is finnicky, and now I'm pretty sure that it only works if i open a multitrack file, up until i switch multitrack files or move tot he waveform editor.

it became noticeable because i would have a bunch of autosaves from one session, but as soon as i opened a second session, it would autosave once, and then stop (i'm usually opening these other sessions in order to grab something and paste it into my current session), and once i'm back to my editing, it's no longer saving.

this isnt the only time…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG: Hard Limiter causing fade ins at beginning of selection

Hard limiter causing fade ins at the beginning of selection

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)