Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tap tempo/BPM

I would love the ability to tap the tempo on the mouse or keyboard and get the metronome and everything else about the song to follow that bpm.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I really would like to see the possibility to register macros. Gosh ... this would help me a lot !

I desperately need macros : I do over and over the same sort of operation for each track that I process before putting it online (radio). Register macros would help me a lot !

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the Audition Menu bar consistent with the Windows desktop theme

Even with Windows dark mode selected, the Audition 13.0.7.38 menu bar is as bright as a thousand suns. Ironically the new Audition app icon is as dark as a moonless night; so I not sure what's going on here.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable ToolTips

Need the ability to Disable Tooltip pop-up balloons. They really get in the way when I'm editing a Multitrack Session. When I'm working on 1 Track, if I'm toggling between Razor and Move, and adjusting Volume, it totally gets in the way. Then I have to mouse away to get rid of it. In a lot of cases, I'm editing Podcast Vocals and tasked with removing a lot of dead air in between content or the speaker's thoughts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Urgent COVID-19 File Management and Clip Bins Upgrade

Adobe Audition has been adopted by many journalist in Canada as the field/home audio editor during COVID-19. Only a few journalist were using it pre COVID-19 but now with most journalist working from home many more are attempting to use it. At the Canadian public broadcaster DALET is the in-house Networked editing system. I am appealing to Adobe to update the file management in Audition. For less tech savvy journalist Audition has been a nightmare doing their job. You create a session and than you add different files to the session. The next job is to extract clips, name them…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create an Adobe Audition Rush for Podcasters (alternative to Alitu)

Creating a brand new application for Podcasters would be great because Audition doesn't make it easy.

Some features that would be great include mixing the following apps and features together:
    1) alitu.com - The Adobe Rush equivalent of Audition
    2) headliner.app - to create audiograms for social media of any length
    3) Being able to rename clips of audio from a full podcast timeline so that it is easier to make highlights clips for social media.
    4) If you need to create, for example, a 10-minute audiogram for social media, the AI would be able to auto-fit your clips in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. be able to use timecode in playhead

Davinci resolve has the ability to display my audio file's current timecode. But audition will not. It only starts at 00:00:00:00 rather than my timecode that is embedded in my clip

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make the Loudness Radar a Dockable Meter

The Loudness Radar as implemented does not change the audio in any way, so why is it placed in the Effects menu? It would be so much more useful as a dockable meter that one can monitor just like VU and phase. Or, if it must stay in the Effects menu, why not allow one to specify a target loudness and then have the Loudness Radar adjust the audio to meet that loudness?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Return playhead to start of selection when playing a selection when playback ends

When playing a selection, don't play on from the end of the selection the next time the play button is pressed. Instead, play the selection again. That's why it's selected in the first place!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multiple selections with Marquee tool.

It'd be great if I could select multiple areas of the timeline with the marquee tool like you can with the lasso tool by holding 'shift'. This way I could select multiple samples of the noise floor for noise reduction.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow track envelopes to be larger in the Multitrack UI

Especially bus tracks… What's the point of having this big empty bus track just to have a tiny little envelope line at the bottom? Can the track envelopes just fill the entire bus track?

It's really hard to make fine adjustments to envelopes because they're forced into such a tiny piece of screen real estate.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Close window but not quit

On the Mac, most apps have the ability to close all the windows but not fully quit. However this is not the case for adobe audition. Audition takes a really long time to open, so it would be good to have no windows open but still be ready in the background should a new file be opened in audition. That way it is quick to open audition.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. audio time code format different from Premiere to Audition

When I remap the timing for a music bed from Premiere to Audition. I copy the time code in Premiere and go to Audition and paste it in the Remix dialogue. It takes the minutes position and puts it into hours. Pretty useless not to have the same time code formatting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Panel resizing when bottom of panel isn't visible

When working on a laptop and switching from external monitor to built-in display, I have less vertical pixel space. As a result, floating panels that were full-length on the external monitor are now too long for the laptop display. Unfortunately, there is no way to resize a floating panel when the bottom of a panel isn't visible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mark Edward

I can't play the video tutorial by Mark Edward, the play button would just not work? tried to contact adobe customer services and they were unable to resolve

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. automatic Tunerecognition

For sample editing it would be useful if audition could export the found tune of an audiofile as a textfile for renaming the audiofiles.

Best option would be if i could do this as a batch for hundreds or thousands of audiofiles.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sum to mono

The sum to mono button does not work in projects that come from Premiere send sequence to Audition.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When double-clicking a file in file window to select a file, Audition frequently opens the "Open File" browser instead

To reproduce:
    Open a bunch of files
    Double click the file names in the Files window to select one file or another
    Double click about halfway between two files

Expected result:
    One of the two files will be selected and its contents will open in Editor window

Actual result:
    Frequently the "Open" window will pop up, as if you have clicked command-O to open a new file.

This seems like a minor thing but happens multiple times a day, sometime multiple times an editing session. I know the issue is that my double click isn't accurately on one file, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. sound library database

a simple searchable database to find and preview sound effects the same way resolve has one

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base