Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please provide a way for users to alter UI parameters e.g. font size, colour etc.

This is NOT a cosmetics request. It's a usability request. Audition is not usable for me. I have eyesight difficulties blind in one eye and focus difficulties in the other eye. - a full explanation is provided in the forum here. https://community.adobe.com/t5/audition/how-can-i-work-with-the-fonts-and-colours-in-the-adobe-audiition-interface/td-p/11968035 so I wont write it all out again. But gray on gray text is almost impossible for me to read, and in any case the font size is far too small. I have to use a hand-held magnifier and move to within about 5cm from my high-res screen to read filenames, panel headlines, preferences options etc.

Almost every…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy Frequency Analysis Plot as an Image

Right-click the plot in the Frequency Analysis and get an option to "copy plot image" to quickly copy the plot and use it in another program.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Plug-ins too small

Adobe Audition with Windows 10 version 1903. When I open a plug-in it is very small, hardly able to read. It won't let me expand the size. I have changed my display and resolution to no avail.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Windows taskbar should show progress of applying effects

Similar to other applications like the Windows file transfer dialog.

For example, if I'm applying a denoise effect to an hour long track, it can take a little time. Seeing the progress in the taskbar without having to focus the application would be nice.

Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Trackpad use has degraded in recent updates

I use a Magic Trackpad or MBP touchpad when working in Audition. I could scroll and pinch to zoom in with precision (even while the audio was playing). In the last few updates, this has gone downhill in a big way. Scrolling almost invariably now zooms out and the scrolling motion is... I believe the term is "janky". PLEASE fix -- this is adding significant time to my editing workflow. What was once seamless and invisible is now a glaring time suck. Thanks for looking at it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [BUG] Cursor icon hides data when moving volume profile points

Edit a volume profile by adding points and moving them. When moving them, there is a small square below the cursor that covers the dB value while moving. I have tried screenshots and screen recording, but the square does not show as I see it when using Audition. In the video attached, it takes the place of the small + below the cursor when moving the point, and it covers the dB value, so I don't know how high or low I'm moving the point.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Randomize Track Color

What happened to the option to enable/disable Track Color Randomization in ver.2019?

-paul.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Coloured, multi-level marker ranges

In Pro Tools, you are able to set coloured, filled-in range markers on more than one line. It makes it easier to group your music sections having different coloured ranges instead of just grey vertical lines. And it removes the need to have markers that can get in the way if you have a lot of them.
    Speaking of which, there should be an option to turn them off. I'm fairly certain I did one time, or was I dreaming that.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Metadata Bug: Changing ID3/RIFF Creation Date

In the metadata panel, you can try changing the "recording date" or "creation date" to something different, but once you save your multitrack session, the date and time revert back to whatever it had set it to prior. (which isn't even the timestamp of when the multitrack session was created. It's a seemingly random date & time)

The field is indeed editable, so why are you unable to change it?

Another user encountered this and posted about it here:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2456017#

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it possible to run Audition in a non-hiDPI mode to help with plugin usage

Currently using plugins while running at a 4k resolution is a NIGHTMARE. Every plugin opens tiny, and resizing the plugin window doesn't increase the size of the plugin, it simply adds more grey around the plugin which is of absolutely ZERO value.

In Ableton, they resolve this issue by allowing the user to disable a HiDPI mode, allowing for plugins to open and function at level meant to be seen without the aid of a scanning electron microscope. Given that Adobe is a bigger and more sophisticated outfit, I can't see why you shouldn't be able to do something similar.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. audition CC 2018 will not play??????

I cannot get Audition CC 2018 to play on my Mac Pro. 2017 works perfectly but if I open the exact same session in CC2018 the Session will not play. Can someone help me understand

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Spectral Waveform New Gradient Colors

Allow us to choose different gradients instead of the current black>purple>red>orange>yellow>dark yellow

A number of presets would be nice. Example:
    black > blue > orange > yellow > white

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. iPad Pro version of Audition

There is already Audition running on the Mac M1 why not have a version for the iPad Pro m1?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When inserting audio files into multitrack, leave a gap on the right for the next one

When pasting files into multitrack, it doesn't scroll to the end of the new file. Instead, I have to hit "End" and then hold the right arrow key to get enough of a gap to snap the next one to the end of it.

Also, it would be nice if I could insert several multitrack clips at once and have them distribute correctly to individual tracks. Currently, if I try to insert multiple multitrack clips, it tries to cram them all into one track. If I insert them individually, it breaks them up correctly into individual tracks.

For instance, the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Manuals & Tutorials

Learning how to use the Adobe Apps is a cluster...
    "Manuals" are obscure.
    The various "How-To" videos and other tutorials are scattered all over the place and nothing seems connected or based the science of education. Instead it seems random, disjointed and haphazard.
    Adobe, you have the resources to do a better job for the sake of current and new users. Don't abuse your near monopoly by neglecting the basics.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Move punched clips to separate sublayer

In multitrack mode, when punching over clips the clips are stacked on top of each other, hiding previous takes, which makes trimming awkward because previous takes are exposed (thus unmuting them) during trimming.

It would be nice if Adobe would place punched segments on an sub track below the original and mute the inactive (replaced) clips to make trims more efficient. The resultant punches should be grouped by default to the original clip so that they will automatically follow shifts in time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. FX height in mixer panel

It would be great if we could adjust the height of the FX portion of each channel strip in the mixer panel. Any time I attempt to copy an effect from one track to another, if it's more than three effects down, Audition rapidly scrolls away from the existing effects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Speech-to-Text

Hi Dear team,

We organise many cultural, scientific events such as conferences. A Speech-to-Text option can help us so much.

Cordially

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Audition should stop hanging when I move/drag clips around a timeline

I use a DELL XPS 15 laptop with the following spec: RAM= 16GIG, CPU=512 SSD, Speed= 2.8Ghz Dedicated VRAM=4GIG Nvidia 1050. Despite all these, Adobe Auditions hangs, stops responding everytime I have to drag audio clips around the timeline. What should I do ?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add "Audio" to Adobe Capture mobile app

Add "Audio" to Adobe Capture mobile app

I would like a mechanism to record audio on my mobile device and drop it straight into Adobe Audition. At the moment there are many third party apps that offer this but ideally I would like to be able to record using something like Adobe Capture in Wav/Mp3 and drop the files straight into my creative cloud for editing on the desktop.

I believe this would be quite a straightforward adaptation to Adobe Capture that would allow producers and journalists to capture in the field with an auxliary mic and edit in the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base