Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mobile App

I would like to see Adobe Audition as a mobile app.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blank track insertion / notes

I'd to be able to designate areas where I plan to perform future tasks. I want to be able to save notes in my timeline at specific time segments so I don't forget my ideas. Being able to block off these areas would help me to better keep track of my thoughts at the time without having to write external notes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Different coloured markers, with pre-setable marker names, with different assignable shortcut keys.

Different coloured markers, with pre-setable marker names, with different assignable shortcut keys.

This would help me during recording to mark editing comments simply by pressing shortcut keys.

It would even be better if certain markers have macros assigned to them that are performed after recording. For example i mark hesitation ("ummmm") sound which visually and audably are very identifiable. It sould be great if during recording I put a pre-programmed special marker by me on these syllables, and after finishing recording, macros are executed to remove these. A reviewing option of each marker would make it more ideal too.

I…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. More Control with the mix function.

The Remix function in Audition is nice I just wish there was more control. Perhaps a way to easily isolate specific sections you want to remix instead of the whole track.And maybe make it easier to lengthen without being forced to stretch it. I mean it's okay how it is, but it's also really frustrating.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Using Waveform Editor as a source monitor

It would be great to be able to use Waveform Editor as a source monitor like in Premiere Pro. Basic functionality is there already, (you can insert selection into a multitrack session) but the interface could be more intuitive to use. Easiest way to implement this would be allowing Audition to have both Editors in separate panels so they could be stacked side by side. Ability to drag and drop a selected portion of the clip from a Waveform Editor to Multitrack Editor would be much faster and more intuitive than just blindly copying stuff from one editor to another.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it less dark

can't see a thing

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dragging a stereo clip onto two mono tracks creates two mono clips

Occasionally, you'll have a stereo audio clip where one side might be a boom mic, and the other might be a wireless lapel (lav) mic.

A nice feature would be the ability to drag that clip over two mono tracks, and have Audition automatically split the clip into two separate mono clips, which can then be edited and mixed independently.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow users to Edit Team Project Premiere Pro Sequence in Audition

I just got hired to work on the audio for my team's Premiere Pro Team Projects. I saw that the easiest way to do this is by editing in Audition, but was sad to discover that the Edit > Edit in Adobe Audition > Sequence option was greyed out. It would make my job so much easier if I could edit this Team Project Premiere Pro Sequence in Audition.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Accessibility improvements for blind users

Welcome
    I am blind user of your trial version of adobe audition, however i am totally blind user with big experience of using Windows operating system and MacOS with screen readers. Unfortunatelly the adobe audition has not accessible on both platforms. It is most important to add the accessibility features to your APP such as accessibility assistant in acrobat reader. There are lots of users with visually empires around the world who use the computers and mobile devices as second eyes. I am radio journalist and editing audio material is my work, so adding this feature will improve my work…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow finer adjustments to playback speed, allow changes to horizontal scrolling performance

JKL is pretty familiar to anyone who uses Audition regularly. If you edit podcasts, you know how crucial this can be for the purposes of saving time. The problem is, much like the terrible means of searching for silence in Audition (for the purposes of dialogue editing, anyway), it’s far too rigid and playback sounds incredibly unnatural. Right now, I have my shuttle increases set to half speed, which gives me a roughly 1.3X playback. I’d like to use a higher speed, but anything greater than that is useless for spoken word. They’re chipmunks and you can’t understand anything. Pro…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. more marker options and organizational tools

Markers are handy, but sometimes markers on a clip are barely distinguishable from waveform in multitrack view. I like the way that you can do various colors in Premiere. Would also be nice to adjust pixel dimensions of markers. I know you can do a marker for a section, but I don't always want to highlight a section. I just want to be able to easily spot them when zoomed out in a timeline that is an hour + in length. Having a marker border of 20-30 pixels would be handy then. When I zoom in, I could then scale…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Rename Track seems to be gone in 12.1

Previous to 12.1 one could rename tracks by clicking on the name. This functionality seems gone/broken under 12.1

Using Host, Interview, Interview 1, Interview 2 (from duplication) is going to be in short a nightmare.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How about a light user interface for people who are not Goth fans?

For those of us who work in bright rooms all of the current interface display settings are so dark that it is very (very) hard to use.
    There used to be a light interface, when did that get lost?
    I know dark is supposedly 'cool' these days - but this too shall pass.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Note Pad and Track Notes or Project Memo

I would like to safe notes and memos on a project or track that auto saves with the files / project

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No Audio input in Adobe Audition CC

After the update of MacOS Mojave and Adobe CC, I no longer have any incoming audio in Adobe Audtion. I have connected a Lexicon Alpha audio interface via USB to an iMac. Only playback works well. Is this a problem with Adobe Audition or the Apple software? Someone an idea or solution?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. No Audio input in Adobe Audition CC

After the update of MacOS Mojave and Adobe CC, I no longer have any incoming audio in Adobe Audtion. I have connected a Lexicon Alpha audio interface via USB to an iMac. Only playback works well. Is this a problem with Adobe Audition or the Apple software? Someone an idea or solution?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adopt DPI scaling feature like that of Photoshop, Illustrator

I have a 27" 4K monitor (150%) next to a 27" 1080p monitor (100%). Right now, both Photoshop and Illustrator look fantastic no matter what display they're on, their scaling changes appropriately. However, After Effects, Premiere, Bridge, and Audition (the other apps I use) look blurry on the 1080p display. I was hoping that by upgrading from CS6 to CC 2018, these issues would have been resolved, but unfortunately we're only partway there.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Prop: Scroll/zoom editors while holding down middle mouse button

Please, add the following scroll and zoom functionality to Audition:

While holding down the middle mouse button within any editor and moving the mouse ...

(1) Navigate timeline (horizontally)
    (2) Zoom amplitude (vertically)

Optionally: Multiply horizontal scrolling speed by 5 while the [SHIFT] key is held down during above operation.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Exposing VST/VST3 parameters to the control surface plugin APIs

Audition, unfortunately, doesn't expose VST/VST3 parameters to the control surface plugin APIs nor to a universal MIDI learn capability. I'd like to recommend to expose this parameter to MIDI so that it would benefit users of every audio control surface (specifically looking at getting Monogram Controllers for Audition). If exposed to the control surface plugin API, it would benefit other similar devices to Monogram that use a native integration with Audition.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base