Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Easy sync effect and preference settings please!

PLEASE create some easy way to share settings (both effects rack and preferences) between multiple machines!!!

I can't tell you how frequently I tweak something on one box, and then have to try and replicate on the other machines/locations, and when it doesn't synch right it becomes a MAJOR hassle!

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove "_" from batch export Postfix or allow user to change it. In addition save

Remove the "_" space from the POSTFIX section of Batch 'Export'. In addition it would be great it if the batch would save the preset settings between application open and close.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Paintbrush selection needs an adjustable feathering option

We have Size and Opacity which are fine, but for the purposes of selecting a frequency-steady background noise, it would be much better if the painted selection could be made with a feathered edge, just like a brush in Photoshop, such that any changes made to the selection would decrease towards the outer edges of the selection.

This would allow for smoother changes, as currently a change will effect 100% of the selected area, and anything outside will be 0% changed. This can result in a harsh, unnatural transition between frequencies.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rename Track seems to be gone in 12.1

Previous to 12.1 one could rename tracks by clicking on the name. This functionality seems gone/broken under 12.1

Using Host, Interview, Interview 1, Interview 2 (from duplication) is going to be in short a nightmare.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple selections with Marquee tool.

It'd be great if I could select multiple areas of the timeline with the marquee tool like you can with the lasso tool by holding 'shift'. This way I could select multiple samples of the noise floor for noise reduction.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow track envelopes to be larger in the Multitrack UI

Especially bus tracks… What's the point of having this big empty bus track just to have a tiny little envelope line at the bottom? Can the track envelopes just fill the entire bus track?

It's really hard to make fine adjustments to envelopes because they're forced into such a tiny piece of screen real estate.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hide the "search help" field from the toolbar.

Or at least make it so that the cursor does not default to that location when I open an audio file.

It is super annoying when I open a file and press SPACE to play the audio and not have play because the cursor is in that dang search bar field. Having to click into the audio Editor window just to play the audio is not something a user should have to do every time they open a file.

This is an audio program, it should be the default behavior to allow SPACE to play the audio immediately after opening…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Close window but not quit

On the Mac, most apps have the ability to close all the windows but not fully quit. However this is not the case for adobe audition. Audition takes a really long time to open, so it would be good to have no windows open but still be ready in the background should a new file be opened in audition. That way it is quick to open audition.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. more marker options and organizational tools

Markers are handy, but sometimes markers on a clip are barely distinguishable from waveform in multitrack view. I like the way that you can do various colors in Premiere. Would also be nice to adjust pixel dimensions of markers. I know you can do a marker for a section, but I don't always want to highlight a section. I just want to be able to easily spot them when zoomed out in a timeline that is an hour + in length. Having a marker border of 20-30 pixels would be handy then. When I zoom in, I could then scale…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Grouping of channels on the Mixer like in Pro Tools

In Pro Tools you can assign multiple tracks to single groups so things you do to one channel happens to all of them in that group.
    For example, group all the drum tracks, select that Group, adjust the fader, mute, solo, turn FX on or off of one channel in that Group and they all do it.
    Please note it isn't the same as bussing the tracks to a single Aux.
    Multiple tracks could be in more than one Group.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adjustable horizontal scrolling speed

There should be a way to adjust horizontal scrolling speed (shift+scrollwheel). the default settings are unusable slow. Please make it a setting that can be adjusted or improve the speed greatly

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Some Chinese translations need to be improved

Some translations should be improved
    Such as: WindowingFunction should be "窗函数" than "开窗功能"
    LogSweeping should be "对数扫描" rather than "日志扫描"

Enclosed herewith is a list included all points and their correct version.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Thank you, Team Adobe! Kudos!

Looking for a place to say thanks in the flood of tech traumas!

I use this product and it does amazing things with audio.

You hear feedback and make changes. Good changes. Thanks.

Some feedback is harsh and poorly written. Even some of my own.

Here's the one saying "Good Job!" "Thanks for a great tool!"

Anyone else who wants to drop some Kudos...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Absolutely loving the mouse wheel zooming in and out

Just to say that the ability to now zoom in and out with the mouse wheel is absolutely fantastic! Thank you thank you thank you!

Kind regards
    Mike Howell

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Interface lag on high-res screens like the iMac Pro

I've got this big powerful new iMac Pro, but unfortunately it's no match for… the Waveform display. If you make the waveform or multitrack window larger than about a third of the screen, scrolling and zooming is extremely slow and stuttery.

It seems like the waveform rendering system needs to be rewritten somehow to handle modern displays.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. jumping in increments

I find that the cursor keys are too fined grained when I need to jump in steps to the left or right of the play bar. In some editors, shift left cursor moves in a large step, ctrl left cursor moves in a larger step and alt cursor moves in an even larger step. This would be so useful when you want to jump to the beginning of a word that you want to silence (I can't delete as I edit video sound tracks and sound would be out of sync) To have to hold the cursor key down or…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. To fix a bug in Adobe Audition 2018 CC

I'm using Adobe Audition 2018 CC.
    I found a bug on this version.
    In the amplitude statistics windows, the data for 2 channels are same exactly even these are different signals.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. This is not just for Adobe Audition, but any Adobe tools on the portal. Have an option for the e-mail to be resent.

Right now if a user did not receive the initial e-mail from Adobe or they missed it, etc., there is no option to have it resent. The only option is to unassign that user and reassign them. It would be helpful to have the option to just have that initial e-mail "resent".

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [BUG] Cursor icon hides data when moving volume profile points

Edit a volume profile by adding points and moving them. When moving them, there is a small square below the cursor that covers the dB value while moving. I have tried screenshots and screen recording, but the square does not show as I see it when using Audition. In the video attached, it takes the place of the small + below the cursor when moving the point, and it covers the dB value, so I don't know how high or low I'm moving the point.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base