Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AAF

Please add the ability to import and export AAFs, OMFs are being phased out and have limited functionality compared to AAFs. Having the ability to use both would be incredibly useful.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Track Transfer from one Multitrack Session to another

After I record ADR or FOLEY cues in my Record Templates, I want to be able to import those unedited tracks into my Edit/Mix Session that already exists. I can copy clips from tracks, but I can't import tracks with the settings and names, etc. ProTools has this feature. I can't find a way to do this in Audition. It is so necessary for a smooth post audio workflow. Thanks.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Feature Request: ADR tools

Implement ADR tools like Nuendo or the new version 15 of Resolve. Come on Adobe, you must become the industry standard in Audio post.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  9 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Essential Sound for audio file (not multi-track)

There does not seem to be a way to use the Essential Sound panel in a waveform audio file--you are forced to first insert the file into a new multi-track file, use Essential Sound and then mix down. From a UX point of view there is no reason ES should not be available in waveform UI.

If this can't be implemented then minimally, I request that markers in the waveform file be preserved in the round trip.

Additionally, why not implement a tooltip that tells you ES is only available in multi-track?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add an option for marker padding/offset with 'Mark Audio' effect

When using the 'Mark Audio' effect to automatically mark sections of audio in a recording (where there is quiet in between) an option to add padding to these markers would be great. When marking sections of audio to be exported as separate files I usually require a few hundred milliseconds of silence at the start and end.

Protools and Audacity let you decide how long before and after the section of audio the markers should be placed and it's very handy. I'm surprised Audition doesn't have such a feature.

Kind regards,
    Mark

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add AAF Export

Hello,

looking forward to see an AAF Export function for sharing with other DAWs.

OMF is quite outdated.

Please bring AAF Export.

Thank you very much

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. remux audio into a video after editing

Like Logic it would be useful to directly extract audio from a video, work on it and then remux it back to the video without having to re encode the whole material. Especially because I experienced audio bugs in premiere applying effects realtime in the mixer. When I encode the material it always fails and the audio isn't the same I edited in the program. I'm using built in audio plugins in the mixer both on tracks and master track. This is happening from the latest release. The doesn't affect the improvement which will still be useful anyway

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. opus format in ogg

WhatsApp exports audio files in an ogg container in the opus format, which Audition won't import. Can you please add? It's free and open source http://opus-codec.org

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Project management like "Post Haste" from Digital Rebellion

Project management like "Post Haste" from Digital Rebellion would be a hierarchy of folders setup up from your Preferences.
    In the preferences the user could designate a set of folders within folders (up to two layers deep?). A main search may search all the media files within its subfolders (hence the restricted levels) but the 2nd level folders would only filter [ie - type "A" and shows only the files named "apple, aid, & agree" but type "AG" and it only shows "agree"] and make the lag at least a full second after tyoing stops to avoid annoyingly rapid reordering.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please include Audition in the Team Projects workflow

Please include Audition in the Team Projects workflow (to send full sequences from Premiere to Audition and back) rather than just clips. If I'm in a Premiere Pro Team Project the option to send a sequence to Audition is grayed out, it is only possible to send a single clip.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please Add Rewire Support

I need to be able to score films. This requires the use of external music creation software like Reason, and East/West's amazing sample library via their Play app. Just add rewire or some other method so I can create the soundtrack in realtime with the video track. I am otherwise forced to use other applications and audition is useless after the dialog editing. Honestly, this is the only multitrack audio software that doesn't support it. More frustratingly Audition used to support Rewire technology. I see youtube videos showing how to do it.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pause removal for batch processing

I would like to be able to batch eliminate pauses through the window "Batch processing"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Retain Format Settings in Multitrack Mixdown

Maintain previous settings from Format Settings in Multitrack mixdown

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ambisonic file creation and Ambisonic mixing support

Real Ambisonic file creation and Ambisonic mixing support

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Snap to Clip Markers

A trick I do a LOT in Adobe Premiere is take advantage of Clip Markers. For example, I like to mark say when I slate claps and then I can easily "Snap" these separate clips in sync with the marker alignment. An even more useful usage of Clip Markers is when I'm trying to cut to a beat. I'll go through and mark up a song (or Clip in Premiere context) with beats that I'd like to hit. Then, again, I can snap things to the markers...or beats. I can cut video to them or align other sounds with them.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add compatibility with AAX format (AVID Plugins)

The new 64-bit avid file format AAX Native (.aaxplugin) is an Unified plugin format (Avid Audio eXtension) for virtual instruments and effects of the highest quality, for protools users, it is good that Audition also incorporates compatibility of its plugins.

https://www.avid.com/plugins/avid-complete-plugin-bundle

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MORE FORMATS

For example .ogg, .webm or .mkv

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make duplicate markers for voice overs

When I record voice overs, I'll record a part 2-3 times to give myself some options. I'd like to place the marker and label it at the beginning of each part (like I currently do) then be able to Alt + drag a copy of the marker with the same label to the beginning of each of the subsequent versions.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Diagnostics > Delete Silence Should be recognized when recording a Macro

Currently, you cannot record a macro and include the Diagnostics>Delete Silence action in it. Attempting to do so causes an error message to occur saying something akin to no recognizable actions were entered for the macro.

In fact, it was confirmed by Adobe staff in 2014 that the macro doesn't recognize the Diagnostics panel. This works well with batch processing in Cool Edit Pro 2, and it's frustrating having to revert to legacy versions in order to get this to function. Please add it to Audition.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base