Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dithering option seems to be working in the opposite way.

Hi there,
    Tried both dithering options (i.e. with "Enabled" and "Disabled") through
    File > Save As > Convert Sample Type > Bit Depth > Advanced > Dithering.
    But the saved output file with the 'Dithering' option looks like working in the opposite way (i.e. dithering is disabled when "Enabled" is selected and vice versa).
    Notice that I’m currently using Adobe Audition ‘Build 14.2.0.34’ (the previous versions look the same though) and tried 48KHz/16-bit generated tone with extremely small gain (-90 dB) just to see the effects of dithering more clearly.
    Additionally,
    Close/Reopen the file is required to check out the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dynamic Link only works for one trip

It seems the Dynamic Link between Premiere Pro and Audition only works for one trip. I edit my sequence in Audition, export to Premiere Pro - all works fantastically. Now if the client requests further edits to the sequence (adding in an interview section, removing a section of voiceover, shortening of the soundtrack) I'm stuck. At the moment, I need to start my mix in Audition from scratch as even the "edit original" option given in premiere pro of the stems originally exported from Audition opens up the old edit.

Here's my desired workflow:

EDIT 1:
    1) Edit sequence in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Epidemic Sound & Adobe Audition Integration

Now that Premiere Pro has integrated the Pandemic Sound music library into the Essential Sound panel and users everywhere are enjoying the ease of use that comes along with this arrangement, it begs the obvious question: why not have this same functionality in Audition? This would be an absolutely game changing feature for those of us who spend extended amounts of time in Audition and who also regularly need to audition music from outside sources.

I'm also surprised that evidently no one here has asked this question yet, unless I have missed it. So, let's make some noise fellow audio…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Real Pain In *** --- Having to log in to use Audition every time I want to use it. I have a monthly subscription!

Adobe Audition requires a log in each time I want to use it in spite of my paying for a monthly subscription! WTF

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add ability to import AAF

Hi there // the ability to import AAF is so necessary. I mean, this embedded AAF i just received opens in Davinci Resolve, why can't it be opened in Adobe's audio program? Seems pretty basic.

Guess I'll move off Audition and into Resolve's Fairlight page.

Enjoy my subscription money anyway, what is it now, $960AUS a year? ****, you guys are killin it!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: Auto-ducking not reading file types and setting keyframes incorrectly.

Since the latest update, Audition 2021 does not auto-duck properly anymore.
    Even old saves, that previously worked fine now don´t set the keyframes correctly. Removing and reloading the files that are not received properly to be ducked, as well as resetting their values does not work around this issue either.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Audition for iOS

Adobe Team,

I’d love to see an iPhone and iPad version of Audition to support audio recording and light editing in field.

Perhaps this app could interface with some of the multitrack digital recorders on the market or Adobe could release its own awesome control surface for their apps similar to LoupeDeck.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Export Markers: Format-Preset will not be saved

Wenn man mehrere Marker hat und auf Datei > Exportieren > Audio innerhalb Bereichs-Markern… geht, wird die „Formateinstellung“ und der „Sampletyp“ nicht gespeichert. Normalerweise sollte hier das voreingestellt sein, was man zuletzt auch ausgewählt hat.

Außerdem wäre es gut, wenn es ein Präfix-Kürzel für den Dateinamen gäbe.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Key Remapping between video and audio apps.

Please make the keys to return to home be the enter key and zooming be the alt key.

I am cutting video and I can return to the beginning by hitting enter, that key does nothing in Audition, make it do that.

When editing video I hold Alt to zoom, in Audition it's Ctl. In Multi Track make all the keys relevant to the same functions in Premier. It's like the 2 software's are from different companies still. Make it like it's one entire suite where we don't have to recall what key to use and it is all fluid…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Key Remapping between video and audio apps.

Please make the keys to return to home be the enter key and zooming be the alt key.

I am cutting video and I can return to the beginning by hitting enter, that key does nothing in Audition, make it do that.

When editing video I hold Alt to zoom, in Audition it's Ctl. In Multi Track make all the keys relevant to the same functions in Premier. It's like the 2 software's are from different companies still. Make it like it's one entire suite where we don't have to recall what key to use and it is all fluid…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Exporting mp3 with chapters

It’s a feature for podcasters mainly. You can use markers, and save them to wav/mp3 files using “save with all metadata” feature in the export settings. However - they are stored in a different format. The podcast chapters that are commonly used by all podcast platforms are in the ID3 tag of an mp3 file.

When I want to prepare my podcasts I have to use other software to transform markers into chapters.

Like Forecast (only accepts wav files which can be huge, and when they exceed 2Gb app just refuses to work properly), or Auphonic (which is great, but…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adobe Audition Build 14.1.0.43 - Metadata Editing - Work Titles Having Special Characters Sometimes Scramble Text

Inserting textual data having special characters associated with correct foreign language usage formatting into Metadata fields will frequently end up with the special character letters being scrambled into something unidentifiable. The initial copy/pasting of the textual data appears to have no anomalies. After saving the metadata input with a saving of the file, the scrambling occurs. Foreign language usage with correct special characters must be allowed to be used without the software scrambling the textual data input.

Délicatement Délicieux Calme Op.133
    Formes Danse s'Ébattent dans une Louche Absinthium Op.125
    Tourbillonaire Grâce à l'Horizon d'Événement d'un Trou Noir dans une Autre…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. VST3 Instruments

I am an Electronic Music Producer and I would love to use my virtual instruments with Audition and record them in real time.
    Examples like Arturia Analog Labs or NI Kontakts would be ideal.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it possible to select multiple tracks at once so I can mute or record with one button.

I multitrack our worship service every week. It would be nice to be able to select all the tracks and arm my recorder at the same time. Now I have to go in and select each track separately and it really slows things down.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Edit volume in .sesx file

The volume automation in Audition is done in dB values from - infinity to +15.

The .sesx file does save these values in long numbers between 0-1. Unfortunately help desk, user forums and a mathematician were not able to find out how they are calculated. I am working on big projects and entering values directly in the .sesx file would help my workflow enormous! I would love to get the formula or maybe in a future update if the data would be safed in dB values.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Session file manager that allows you to batch covert track filenames to a new extension (eg change all session filenames from .wav to .flac)

I would like a feature that allows you to change the filename extensions on all session tracks to a different extension, so that the session recognises any files that have been converted.

For example, I have a project session with hundreds of tracks ending in .wav file format. I have subsequently batch converted all of the files in that session from .wav to .flac (to save storage space), but when I now open the session project, it can't find the files (because it is looking for .wav files). I would thus appreciate a feature that allows a batch filename conversion…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. CD ISO export

Really could use the ability to write a CD layout to an ISO file instead of having to burn a disk..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Speech to text Transcription

Hello,
    since Premiere Pro has the Speech to text feature, I think Audition users would love it too... :)
    Thank you,
    Daniel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Controller surface optimization

It would be wonderful if the arrow keys on my control surface would scroll my entire screen by half a screen at a time, instead of moving my playhead, since that's what the jog wheel is for. Also, it would be wonderful to have faster, or even variable scrubbing speed on my jog wheel, because that is god awfully slow

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base