Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audio clip does not open in Audition after selecting "Edit clip in Audition" from Premiere Pro

I used to be able to work seamlessly between Premiere Pro and Audition while editing audio clips of my video files. Now, when I try it after the update, it does everything except open the file in Audition. Ive tried everything from quick troubleshooting tricks to full factory reset and install of my operating system. nothing seems to work. Wondering if I'm the only one with this issue...?

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe Audition 2019 does not play in Dropbox

Ever since upgrading to AA 2019, none of the audio files or sessions will play within dropbox as they did before in 2018. I've gone thru this countless times with support and we can't seem to get to the root of the problem. Nothing has changed on my system except for the 2019 install. How can I get my adobe audio files and sessions to open and play within dropbox as I have been doing for the last 5 years?

Every other file opens. The audio even plays with windows media player within dropbox but nothing opens via adobe audition.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MIDI and VST support

I kmow that audition is not a composer software but i'd like use virtual instruments to create my sounds.

78 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dynamic Linking Audition into Premiere or AE

Just like with After Effects, can you please create the ability to dynamic link Audition into Premiere.I create the audio/narration first, and then add video to it. It's a workaround now, and it would be beneficial if I could import the Audition file into Premiere and be able to tweak it while producing the video.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. marker, bin, bpm

I am a great user for a long time of the adobe products that I consider very performing. The program I use and know best is premiere, after less used after effects, and finally audition. I must note that audition beyond the integrations through the dynamic link seems a somewhat anomalous program. There are no folders in which to sort different files, there is no premiere export of clip markers that are displayed in audition, if you want to work on a part of the sequence to premiere and then another part, the chaos of files in the project audition,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring Premiere Pro's Relink Method to Audition

Premiere Pro has an excellent method of relinking media files. If media isn't present in its last known place, it provides a window that tells you all the files that are missing and its last known location.

Audition only informs you that there is X number of files missing, and when you relink, it gives you one file to relink at a time, with no information where Audition thinks its last location is.

Additionally, Premiere Pro will automatically find remaining files based on the last location of the relinked file. Adobe Audition does not. Having this additional functionality would be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. iPad Pro version

Would love to have an iPad Pro version that I could record and edit podcasts with

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Properties info not carried over in cut and paste

I have a lengthy timeline from which I have had to cut sections and group them. In the Properties panel I then rename the Group, but if I then cut and paste the group to a new Multitrack session the Properties name defaults back to the clip name.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remixed Music track does not split into segments when exporting an OMF file

For some reason, when I re-mix a track of music to fit a specific time... then export a session as an OMF, the re-mixed music does not split into segments like it's supposed to (see attached screenshots). I've only experienced this issue with recently updated versions of Audition.

I would appreciate any solutions you can provide. Thank You!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Save Frame Rates With Projects

Save Frame Rate With Project
    Whenever I switch between projects, audition retains the frame rate of the previous project, which causes issues.
    Each saved project should re-open with the frame rate it was saved with.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Save CD layout to ISO file

It is very frustrating that you can only burn CD layouts to CD disks. Why can't Audition write standard ISO files with the disk image? That is preferred when sending CD master files to a duplicator.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please, please have one of your engineers fix the new duration window, in the stretch and pitch effect drop down.

Every time I go to change the duration in the stretch and pitch effect, I go to the new duration box, highlight the duration already in the box, and go to enter the new duration i am trying to adjust it to, upon entering the duration I am trying to adjust it to the existing duration adjustment in the box should automatically be erased when highlighted. Instead the new duration that I'm typing in begins to entered in front of the highlighted numbers I was trying to erase. I have to intentionally go in and erase the numbers and then…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Exportable Effect Presets --> Premiere Pro

I would *love* to be able to bring an effect preset (either track effect, or clip effect) into Premiere Pro, as they have many of the same effect types.

For example, I have a Parametric EQ preset that I originally created in Audition, and would like to easily implement in Premiere Pro.

Thank you! Upvote if this sounds userful <3

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. AAF

Please add the ability to import and export AAFs, OMFs are being phased out and have limited functionality compared to AAFs. Having the ability to use both would be incredibly useful.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dolby Atmos + smaller improvements

A Dolby atmos workflow and export is a very much needed implementation due to how much sound design is directed towards multi-channel audio now more than never with so many platforms it is now available on, such as Netflix and many triple A games. What people are wanting is a 3d workspace for moving objects or sound tracks. The current implementation we have is a circle that we can move around to pan and spread the audio across the channels. What we would need from a 3d workflow would be a cube (simulating a room) or a sphere (a new…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Feature Request: ADR tools

Implement ADR tools like Nuendo or the new version 15 of Resolve. Come on Adobe, you must become the industry standard in Audio post.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  9 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Track Transfer from one Multitrack Session to another

After I record ADR or FOLEY cues in my Record Templates, I want to be able to import those unedited tracks into my Edit/Mix Session that already exists. I can copy clips from tracks, but I can't import tracks with the settings and names, etc. ProTools has this feature. I can't find a way to do this in Audition. It is so necessary for a smooth post audio workflow. Thanks.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Essential Sound for audio file (not multi-track)

There does not seem to be a way to use the Essential Sound panel in a waveform audio file--you are forced to first insert the file into a new multi-track file, use Essential Sound and then mix down. From a UX point of view there is no reason ES should not be available in waveform UI.

If this can't be implemented then minimally, I request that markers in the waveform file be preserved in the round trip.

Additionally, why not implement a tooltip that tells you ES is only available in multi-track?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add an option for marker padding/offset with 'Mark Audio' effect

When using the 'Mark Audio' effect to automatically mark sections of audio in a recording (where there is quiet in between) an option to add padding to these markers would be great. When marking sections of audio to be exported as separate files I usually require a few hundred milliseconds of silence at the start and end.

Protools and Audacity let you decide how long before and after the section of audio the markers should be placed and it's very handy. I'm surprised Audition doesn't have such a feature.

Kind regards,
    Mark

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add AAF Export

Hello,

looking forward to see an AAF Export function for sharing with other DAWs.

OMF is quite outdated.

Please bring AAF Export.

Thank you very much

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base