Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multisession reverse instance on timeline

It would be useful to be able to select an Audio piece instance in the Multi session track and reverse it. This is not possible. The only way is to open the clip in Waveform and then go to Effects/Reverse but this reverse all instances of the clip. I want to be able to just reverse one instance on the timeline. This can be done in many other Audio Applications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic Crossfades for Multiple tracks

Similar to ‘Apply Transitions in Premiere’ , select multiple tracks and drag to add crossfades to All Tracks, or choose a dialogue that would add crossfades to selected tracks with parameter selections.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Drag two mono files onto stereo track to make it stereo.

When exporting a stereo file from PP to Audition, it is imported into Audiiton as two mono files. So essentially, my stereo music becomes mono.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow 'set start time by first clip' for multitrack sequence (like Premiere)

In PP I can add a clip to a sequence then set the start time for that sequence (either manually or 'by first clip' - both are useful).

Why do I want this in Auditon?

Well I have an hour long recording that I want to balance, remove extraneous noises etc and bleep for compliance. All editing will be done in PP - this sweetened track will replace the raw audio files in the multicam sequence there.

For piece of mind I'd like to know that the files are the same - therefore the sweetened bounce should match the timecode…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug: Clip volume/pan envelopes disappear after linking new media to clip, then reappear after closing/reopening session.

I have a track with several audio clips. Each clip has keyframes controlling its volume. When I link a clip to a different media file, that clip's existing volume envelope lines and keyframes all disappear. They do not reappear until I close and reopen the session; then they reappear intact.

This is happening on Audition 2020 and 2021, on Mac OS 10.14.6.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug: Multitrack automation timings incorrect

I have a project with 5 vocal tracks, bussed to a VOC channel which is then bussed to a REVERB channel. I then use keyframe automation to switch on and off the REV rack as and when needed. However, the FX stop working several seconds before the rack keyframe is turned off. I have to move the off keyframe several seconds later in order for it to work correctly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. CPU intensive plugins still consume cycles when turned off

I was using the Reverb fx and found that it slowed down the start of playback by several seconds. I turned off the effect on the track but the length of time to start playback was the same. I had to completely delete the effect in order to make my system responsive again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Bug] Moving multiple clips in MultiTrack causes clips in multiple tracks to unsync.

I have found many people from 2018 that have this issue, and I am incredulous that it hasn't been fixed yet IN THREE YEARS. No preventative measures that were suggested had any effect, such as toggling snapping, holding cmd while I move the clips, dragging very slowly. This also happens when you copy/paste selected clips. Not only does it affect the selected clips, but it will also cause clips in other tracks to unsync. I tried deselecting auto crossfade, but alas, that only applies to each individual clip, which I consider to be a bug in and of itself. The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Symmetrical Cross Fades now default?

Since the most recent update, all my clips are defaulting to symmetrical crossfades rather than asymmetrical.

Symmetrical crossfades do not work for dialogue editing, since asymmetry maintains the noise floor evenly.

Every edit I make, I now have to right click the fade square and set it to asymmetrical, which is annoying and taking me a lot of extra time that adds up over thousands of edits per episode.

I looked in the preferences panel and couldn't find any setting to change this back, nor have I been able to find the answer within the manual/documentation.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. For 5.1 channel tracks, allow the panner to be turned off, mapping the channels as-is to a 5.1 channel output.

Audition doesn't allow multitrack editing of existing 5.1-channel tracks without the panner steering the sound around, by default to only the front left and right channels. There's no option to simply disable the panner. In comparison, Premiere allows mixing 5.1 channels with no panning; it's the default behaviour.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automatic pitch correction and popping noises

I added the effect "automatic pitch correction" to some clips.

In the case of Windows(Intel Core i5-9400F @ 2.9 GHz),there is not noise.

But,in the case of macOS(Intel Core i5-8259U @ 2.3 GHz),it is creating a popping noise in the vocals.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There should be a easier way to check room tone length in the end of tracks - track length sync / selection align right / reverse multitrack

For audiobook production purposes there are lots of standards.

For example: https://www.acx.com/help/acx-audio-submission-requirements/201456300#Head-Tail-Spacing

There are 2 big major problems in Audition (ACX standards).

1- The separate track file lengths are not synchronized with the lengths shown in multitrack editor and there is no easy way to do that. (If you delete some part of the original track the length of the multitrack version stays the same, what is the purpose of that?)

2-There is no easy way to check room tone length in the end of tracks

If you have over 100 tracks in multitrack you have to do that manually…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug Report: Playback issues when using VST3 plugins

When I'm editing in the multitrack, and I have a VST-3 plugin on a bus or a master chain (in this case: a reverb from Waves, but it also happens with other plugins), stopping playback and then initiating playback again will play a bit of the reverb trail when the playback starts back up.

I'm using the latest version of Audition CC on MacOS 10.15.7.

It's like the audio engine is continuing to process the reverb in the background, and then when you start playback again, it will pick up where it left off when you stopped. It doesn't affect…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. bug report

Dears,

When in Multitrack modus, and using keyframes for volume changes inside clips (tracks), Phase Analysis stops working when a volume envelop keyframe hits the infinity point!
    I hope you can fix this as soon as possible.
    I use newest Audition version and newest Windows 10
    64 Pro operating system.
    All the best from a long time user.

Matthijs Vos
    artist website matthijsvos org

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Being able to nest multi-track sessions

I would LOVE to be able to link multi-track sessions to one another like pre-composing in AE. I find my multi track sessions get so busy so quickly as I use a lot of sound layers in my work and not having dynamic links to other multi tracks makes it really hard for me to have an efficient workflow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. improve clip fade handle function in multitrack for speed of use

As a podcast and long form voiceover editor it would be incredibly helpful if the clip fade box in the top right and left corner had some preferences for size. the square is tiny.

a huge part of my time editing dialogue is fading clips at the start to iron out bumps from room tone and cutting mid word like to remove an "uhm". To do this, I have to ripple delete, then select the clip, then grab the tiny little box, pull fade, and move along.

It would be nice if we had a preference to make that box…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Implement Premiere's synchronization of audio

For something like podcast editing, synchronization would be an awesome feature. We can record the call that we're on to use as the base - and then sync the raw audio from our microphones to the call audio to make sure that our responses are at the right time, to quickly be able to delete that and focus on making the audio itself sound good, rather than spending extra time lining up everybody's audio just right. It'd be great to have it be a native feature instead of trying to do it in Premiere first!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base