Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automation Follows Clips

I would like to write automation (effect sends, EQ moves, etc.) on audio tracks (and bus tracks, but that's too much to ask, I assume) and have that automation be tied to the clip when I move it around the timeline. In podcasting we are constantly editing the timeline right until the mix is exported. In video, the timeline is locked so it's not an issue.
    I know that ripple delete kind of achieves this, but when you just want to move one clip and have the supporting sfx or music stay in place, that isn't an option. As it…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Annotations to a clip

Either add ability to add text annotations to a clip, or change font size for markers (or both...)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customize mouse shortcut

I use both adobe premiere pro and adobe audition. But in Adobe Premiere Pro "Alt+mouse scroll" zooms timeline, whereas in Adobe Audition it is "ctrl+mouse scroll". which is a confusing matter for my muscle memory. I want to customize these mouse shortcuts. Is there any way to to that? otherwise please implement it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adobe Audition would be very popular if Adobe added a screen video recording service to it! I think all creators will use it if Adobe solves

Adobe Audition would be very popular if Adobe added a screen video recording service to it! I think all creators will use it if Adobe solves this problem! I hope to see her soon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Could you please make it possible, by option or key, to move automation points in a timeline with selected clips above them?

It is really painful to move them separately if there are problems with the synchronisation for example after Colorgrading or simply a changed cut after picture lock 😵

Points under crossfades should simply crossfade too if you move a selected clip over an unselected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I need to be able to change the master audio track in a multitrack session from stereo to 5.1 and

I need the ability to change the master track in a multitrack session from Stereo to 5.1. If I start my session editing in Stereo, there is no way for me to switch to 5.1 when I am mixing on the mix stage. I have to create a brand new session. In addition, there seems to be no way to import my tracks from one multi-track session into an existing multitrack session, which makes it very difficult to work in sound editing teams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. BUG - Session Export silently fails on Mac when clips names contain illegal characters

Audition 14.0.0.34 Intel Mac

If a multitrack session contains a clip that comes from a non Macintosh drive and that clip has a file name that's not allowed on Mac (eg a ":") then exporting the session via File>Export>Session... with the "Save copies of associated files" option selected will fail silently. No error is shown and no session is exported.

Workarounds include: Select the offending clip and choose Clip>Convert to Unique Copy

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Solo button really a Solo button

Please change behavior of the Solo button so it aligns to the behaviour of all other programs in the world:

• Click -
      Disable Solo on all other tracks and enable Solo only on the selected track. If the current track already was in Solo mode, switch off Solo for all tracks, incl. current track.

• [SHIFT]-Click -
      Enable Solo on the selected track, plus all neighbour tracks while retaining [SHIFT]-Click and hovering the mouse across the track list. If the current track already was in Solo mode, disable Solo for that track, plus all neighbour tracks while retaining [SHIFT]-Click and hovering…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BUG - Clip panning plays correctly but isn't rendered on bounce or mix down

Version 14.2.0.34 on Intel Mac

When a stereo clip is on a stereo track the clip pan envelope sets the balance between the left and right channels. If the clip pan is set to L100 then you will only hear the clip's left channel. If that stereo clip is a 2 channel clip created from 2 channels of a multichannel audio file then the pan envelope will work correctly on playback but will be ignored on mixdown.

To reproduce the bug:

Create a new stereo multitrack session
    Open a multichannel audio file, select two channels of that file and drag…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dragging a 5.1 Channel source into an existing track of a 5.1 Multitrack session shouldn't result in a stereo downmix

I haven't used audition for multi-channel editing for long but just noticed I've been bit by this on multiple outputs and have to re-export tons of audio from audition, re-encode it into something usable externally since audition doesn't support any useful multi-channel file formats natively, and re-mux several hundred GB of video as a result

I'm mainly using it to overlay Rifftrax commentary onto movie audio, and don't have a surround system yet aside from the pseudo-surround built into the TV (but figured it'd be better to do everything as 5.1 just in case) and was noticing that it sounded…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug: Mute Clip behavior has changed in latest update

Before the current update, you could select several clips and Mute them, and each clip would flip its current Mute state. This behaved just like Clip Enable in Premiere, and it allowed you easily demo various takes with one keystroke. Now, if you select a mix of muted and unmuted clips, Mute sets them all to be muted, and pressing it again unmutes them all. Not the behavior we want.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Playhead Jumps to Beginning After Recording

Aggravating bug... after recording to a track, the playhead jumps to the START of the timeline. It stays where it is supposed to in PLAY-mode, but after recording, it jumps to the very beginning. This is ANNOYING as ****, because it is quite interrupting and disrupting the workflow. (Adobe Audition Version 14.4.0.38)
    Please quickly fix this. It worked before. Best, Michael

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatic Pitch Correction - Melodic and Harmonic Minor Scales

For the automatic pitch correction, I would like to see Harmonic and Melodic minor scales added in/or differentiated between. There doesn't any discernible difference between the minor scale and relative major. So if I am arranging a piece of music or a song in the key of A minor, and when I use the auto pitch correction, the G#s are flattened to Gnat. I am have to use the chromatic followed by individual clip tuning.

When I select the scale, you could Minor - Natural (The same as the relative major, which is pointless). Harmonic Minor (Sharpened 7th) In A…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Different color markers with different keystrokes

It would be great to have keystrokes for different colored markers. As I listen I would like to mark different things, having a keystroke for each color market would be fantastic. Thank you so much!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Different color markers with different keystrokes

It would be great to have keystrokes for different colored markers. As I listen I would like to mark different things, having a keystroke for each color market would be fantastic. Thank you so much!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Different color markers with different keystrokes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Waveforms aren't displayed correctly after relinking audio files

You can reproduce this bug in the Multitrack editor using the following steps.

Open a new multitrack session
    Open a multi-channel audio file
    In the 'Files' browser click the > to show all the channels in the audio file
    Drag just one channel onto a track in the Multitrack editor
    The waveform will display correctly
    Close the session
    Rename the audio file
    Open the session and re-link the audio file
    The Multitrack editor will now show all the channels of the audio file instead of just the correct one

This bug is still present in Audition 14.4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix bug in multitrack where each track covertly has +3 dB of gain applied

Created new multitrack session, placed song that peaks at -0.1 dB into track 1, hit play, track and mix levels show peaking and distortion present, double click song on track 1 to open it as an individual file, hit play, track levels show -0.1 dB, went back to multitrack to double check, hit play, track and mix levels show peaking and distortion present. This sort of thing is seriously unacceptable from a paid product, let alone from a company as large as adobe. SMH

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Select clips to start of selected track

There's an option to "select clips to end of selected track". Why is there no function to "select clips to start of selected track"?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. improve markers clip multitrack

Improve the visibility of markers from audio clips in the multitrack editor. They should be visible the same way as they are in Premiere Pro and After Effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base