Skip to content

Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

208 results found

1. Select Effects in the Multitrack Track Effects Rack with Key Command

It would be very useful to be able to select the Effect plugins in the Effects Rack in the Multitrack Mixer/Editor with a key command. As it is now, there are key commands for Toggle the Effects Rack, and to open the selected effect plugin, but no key command for selecting a plugin.

Either a command to select the first one, and then arrows up down to select next/previous, or the option to open them using a modifier key + the list number 1-xx of the actual plugin...

Would make life without mice so much easier...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Auto Ducking Using Clip Detection

Whenever I edit in Multitrack, I generally have my blocks of dialogue as different clips. So when I auto-duck the music track, I want it to use the gaps between the clips as its basis for ducking. The clips themselves have wall to wall dialogue, no need to try to duck within the clip.

There should be a checkbox maybe to "use clips for duck detection" or something so it's only ducking the music under clips and then back up to full volume in the gaps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bug: Ripple delete removes entire track from multitrack

I press shift+backspace and the action that happens is as if I only pressed backspace. yes, my shift key works.

right click to ripple delete and slecting from the top menu give the same wrong result as the key stroke.

uninstalling and reinstalling Audition did not change result.

Thanks in advance!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bug: Automation timing incorrect

Automation effect is happening a little of a half second before it should be. I've tested this with built-in and external effects. I've attached a gif of a loop that has effect mix set to 0 percent via automation until after the clip is has ended. You can see that the mix is going to 100 percent well before it needs to.

I am on a 2020 Macbook Pro M1 and on the most recent version of Audition. I have recently updated to Monterey which is when I noticed this bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When will you (re)implant option to change the tempo within a session?

As radioproducer using Audition (gosh, 20years+) you always have the problem that there is only one tempo per session. When you are working with music - as i do most the times - there is a constant need to adjust effects to the tempo of the song, musicbed or especially jingle (for a transition it almost impossible to get a clear and correctly timed solution).

Mainly this is the reason why we are about to switch to PT or S1. We are all set up to the creative cloud so AU would still be of some benefit but if its…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Zoom inactive when hovering above the low part of clip

Zooming in-out horizontally in the multitrack doesn't work if the mouse pointer is over the lower area of a clip. (In the attached screenshot I highlighted the area.)

Additionally, when you zoom out vertically, this area doesn't decrease with the track height, so when there are many tracks, zooming in/out horizontally with Ctrl is likely to not work or be jumpy. The inactive zone only disappears when you zoom out so much that the clip gain/FX/group/stretch icons on the bottom left are not displayed anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fade handle missing on new clips

Sometimes, when Alt-dragging a selected portion of a clip to create a new one, the fade-out handle on the new clip is missing. You need to readjust the trim of the clip for the handles to become visible again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Save project with all files including unused existing in the file list pannel

Most people who do not master Audition forget to copy the files present in their file list but not used in the multitrack editor (yet). It would be smart to pop-up something like : Would you like to gather all your files in the projet (like the too hidden session save as all files toggle) And to add to it the option of copying all the files present in the files panel to retrieve them next time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Two Issues Might Be Related

If for some reason my studio power goes out or if my computer restarts for an update, many of the audio files I have do not restore. The majority of them are voice/audio files I've recorded as an audio file and was still working on them. This does not happen all the time, but when it does it is frustrating.

My second issue, is I produce mutiple radio programs using the same music but change the audio drops depending on the radio stations requirements. When I cut and paste files, many are corrupt in the new multi-track session. I am…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A feature that changes the playback speed of the entire project in multitrack mode. there are a LOT of podcasters using audition

A feature that changes the playback speed of the entire project in multitrack mode. there are a LOT of podcasters using audition. it would be of great benefit to be able to speed up playback. Avid has this and so i assume protools and logic do, it's pretty insane that there is no tool to do this in audition!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. BUG: Session seems to be empty.

The saved multitrack session is always empty if its folder has 2 spaces in the name. Example: Untitled Session"space space"1 instead of normal Untitled Session"space"1. Tested on WIN10 for Audition 2021 and 2022.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Selección inestable de varios archivos en un proyecto

Sería imprescindible revisar por qué, al mover varios segmentos al mismo tiempo dentro de un proyecto, éstos se pueden alejar o acercar entre sí en el trayecto. Incluso estando agrupados. Eso no debería pasar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Customize mouse shortcut

I use both adobe premiere pro and adobe audition. But in Adobe Premiere Pro "Alt+mouse scroll" zooms timeline, whereas in Adobe Audition it is "ctrl+mouse scroll". which is a confusing matter for my muscle memory. I want to customize these mouse shortcuts. Is there any way to to that? otherwise please implement it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adobe Audition would be very popular if Adobe added a screen video recording service to it! I think all creators will use it if Adobe solves

Adobe Audition would be very popular if Adobe added a screen video recording service to it! I think all creators will use it if Adobe solves this problem! I hope to see her soon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. BUG - Session Export silently fails on Mac when clips names contain illegal characters

Audition 14.0.0.34 Intel Mac

If a multitrack session contains a clip that comes from a non Macintosh drive and that clip has a file name that's not allowed on Mac (eg a ":") then exporting the session via File>Export>Session... with the "Save copies of associated files" option selected will fail silently. No error is shown and no session is exported.

Workarounds include: Select the offending clip and choose Clip>Convert to Unique Copy

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dragging a 5.1 Channel source into an existing track of a 5.1 Multitrack session shouldn't result in a stereo downmix

I haven't used audition for multi-channel editing for long but just noticed I've been bit by this on multiple outputs and have to re-export tons of audio from audition, re-encode it into something usable externally since audition doesn't support any useful multi-channel file formats natively, and re-mux several hundred GB of video as a result

I'm mainly using it to overlay Rifftrax commentary onto movie audio, and don't have a surround system yet aside from the pseudo-surround built into the TV (but figured it'd be better to do everything as 5.1 just in case) and was noticing that it sounded…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug: Mute Clip behavior has changed in latest update

Before the current update, you could select several clips and Mute them, and each clip would flip its current Mute state. This behaved just like Clip Enable in Premiere, and it allowed you easily demo various takes with one keystroke. Now, if you select a mix of muted and unmuted clips, Mute sets them all to be muted, and pressing it again unmutes them all. Not the behavior we want.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Playhead Jumps to Beginning After Recording

Aggravating bug... after recording to a track, the playhead jumps to the START of the timeline. It stays where it is supposed to in PLAY-mode, but after recording, it jumps to the very beginning. This is ANNOYING as ****, because it is quite interrupting and disrupting the workflow. (Adobe Audition Version 14.4.0.38)
    Please quickly fix this. It worked before. Best, Michael

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automatic Pitch Correction - Melodic and Harmonic Minor Scales

For the automatic pitch correction, I would like to see Harmonic and Melodic minor scales added in/or differentiated between. There doesn't any discernible difference between the minor scale and relative major. So if I am arranging a piece of music or a song in the key of A minor, and when I use the auto pitch correction, the G#s are flattened to Gnat. I am have to use the chromatic followed by individual clip tuning.

When I select the scale, you could Minor - Natural (The same as the relative major, which is pointless). Harmonic Minor (Sharpened 7th) In A…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Different color markers with different keystrokes

It would be great to have keystrokes for different colored markers. As I listen I would like to mark different things, having a keystroke for each color market would be fantastic. Thank you so much!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base