Skip to content

Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

208 results found

1. Allow 'set start time by first clip' for multitrack sequence (like Premiere)

In PP I can add a clip to a sequence then set the start time for that sequence (either manually or 'by first clip' - both are useful).

Why do I want this in Auditon?

Well I have an hour long recording that I want to balance, remove extraneous noises etc and bleep for compliance. All editing will be done in PP - this sweetened track will replace the raw audio files in the multicam sequence there.

For piece of mind I'd like to know that the files are the same - therefore the sweetened bounce should match the timecode…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For 5.1 channel tracks, allow the panner to be turned off, mapping the channels as-is to a 5.1 channel output.

Audition doesn't allow multitrack editing of existing 5.1-channel tracks without the panner steering the sound around, by default to only the front left and right channels. There's no option to simply disable the panner. In comparison, Premiere allows mixing 5.1 channels with no panning; it's the default behaviour.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show Through Edit

Coming to Audition from Premiere, to edit podcasts. Would love the option in the multitrack editor timeline to turn on "through edit" symbols. I really rely on these in Premiere to know if a cut is continuous.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The ability to select multiple clips on a track and do a mass ripple delete without deleting all the clips

If I want to delete empty space I have to go in manually and delete every single gap. As a DND podcaster, this is extremely tedious and time consuming. If I could select multiple clips on a track and do a mass ripple delete without losing any clips that would be so great! Especially since all these recent updates have made Audition extremely laggy and it takes 10 seconds to get the **** needle to move where I want it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Copy and paste envelopes to other tracks.

Copy and paste envelopes to other tracks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Synchronize Audio with Merge Clips function

I'm looking to algorithmically sync audio recorded from different sources within audition just like in Premiere Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to Jump in Multitrack view to Markers in Waveform view

Would like the ability in Multitrack view to move playhead (still in Multitrack view) to markers attached to any clips (Waveform) that are used in the Multitrack view (only if the marker is in a portion of the clip that is actually active in the Multitrack).

A very small, practically indistinguishable dotted line appears in Mutlitrack view for markers on the clips, but being able to quickly navigate to these or, at the very least, the ability to make them more obvious (size or color change as covered in another feature request) would be most helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Non destructive clip edits.

In Sonar or Pro Tools you have mixing channels below and can simple scroll to the track and cut and silence areas. However in Audition it gets convoluted with asking you to save the original clip. It should edit like Premiere Pro Clips. You import clips, they become a session or project. The original clips never get altered.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Visually normalize the waveform display in Multitrack so you can see it

Music files often have lots of headroom, so it can be super hard to see what you're doing in the multitrack editor unless you make every track huge. I don't necessarily want to normalize all my files just to be able to see what I'm doing. It would be great to have the option—or even the default behavior—to have Multitrack display clip waveforms so that they vertically fill the clip.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Pre-render resets/restarts when volume is changed via track dial. This should not happen when FX are pre-fader.

Pre-rendered track resets/restarts when the track's volume is changed via track dial.
    This should not happen when FX are pre-fader.
    In fact, it works properly when changing the track volume with the mixer screen slider (it does not restart the pre-render.)
    It seems like a really easy bug to fix, and it really kills my work flow when working with a lot of frozen tracks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bug: Clip automation doesn't render sometimes, including on export

I added an effect to a clip and added some automation for that effect on the clip. During editing, sometimes the effect automation doesn't render. I would assume, though, it would work on export, but even export won't always render the automation. This makes clip automation broken, which is unfortunate. It's also unfortunate I don't have an proper way to share any system details in the form of a bug report unless the program crashes. This is build 12.1.0.182 on Windows 10. Cheers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ask to convert sample rate from clips pasted from another multitrack sequence

When copying clips from one session and pasting them into anther, the only thing that Audition says is "One or more of these clips have a different sample rate than the session. These clips will not be inserted."

Sessions are notorious for always converting your sample type, so why not now?? This is more work for me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bring Back The Hybrid Tool in Multitrack

Just updated from Adobe Auditon 3. The most frustrating part is the default tool "Hybrid" is now missing from multitrack. I've been using this program since Cool Edit and would love to have it back. What took me a few minutes is taking me much longer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to change the YELLOW BAR gain control on all clips simultaneously. For eg reset them all back to 0.

Sometimes receiving premiere projects the editor has altered the yellow bar to a different amount on each clip and it would be good to be able to reset them all in one

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add track select forward/backward command (A) in the multitrack like Premiere.

In Premiere, you can select everything on all layers to the right of the play-head when you select the A key and get the double arrows. (Or Shift+A to select to the left.) You can move the items on the timeline as a group.

For Audition, Jason Levine pointed out that you can use Alt-Cmd-T to select clips to the right of the play-head, but only on a specific track. I would love to move all tracks to the left of right.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keyframes changes does'nt save on a remix music (audio essentials)

I used audio essentials to extend a music clip to desired lenght. After that I add some volume keyframes to the remixed music clip. And then save. After listening I made some change in keyframes and saved again. But when I open the session later, the keyframes are back to original, my changes did'nt record. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Error when importing lengthy audio directly into multitrack instead of first into files

When I import an audio file that's just short of an hour long directly into the multitrack, it is arbitrarily shortened by about 15 seconds. If I drop it into "Files" first, this error doesn't occur.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Maximise panel feature for keyboards of different languages

Adobe Audition 2019 has a keyboard shortcut that let you maximize any of its panels so that the selected panel fills all of the application view. This feature is triggered with the ~ key. Not every language keyboard has a separate ~ key available, so this crucial shortcut want work. Me for instance, us a Norwegian keyboard and I have to press a key combination of Alt and a ¨ key to write the ~ symbol. This must be sorted out in my opinion, because this is an essential feature for people that uses Adobe Audition.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. "Move all markers to nearest edit point"

I produce a political news podcast for an established news outlet. I have multiple markers throughout my session noting the topics covered and important quotes. As I make numerous minor edits throughout my session, the markers become slightly off from the start/end of a clip edit. This has ramifications for Ripple Delete, as some of these markers wind up getting inadvertently cut when I Ripple Delete a section of the conversation,

A feature to "move all markers to nearest clip edit" would fix this.

Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base