Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Implement Premiere's synchronization of audio

For something like podcast editing, synchronization would be an awesome feature. We can record the call that we're on to use as the base - and then sync the raw audio from our microphones to the call audio to make sure that our responses are at the right time, to quickly be able to delete that and focus on making the audio itself sound good, rather than spending extra time lining up everybody's audio just right. It'd be great to have it be a native feature instead of trying to do it in Premiere first!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add the ability to annotate any kind of track in multitrack.

Like Pro Tools, I want to be able to describe each track in detail by annotating each track individually. I want to be able to annotate any kind of track that can be used in multitrack, whether it is an audio track or a bus track.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mixdowns ignore pre-rendered tracks, instead Audition processes all the effects fresh when mixing down. Not right crazy extra SLOW.

When mixing/bouncing down, Audition SHOULD NOT have to reprocess all the track effects if the tracks are pre-rendered. If I prerender all tracks with FX, The mixdown should basically be as fast as if no FX are on tracks.
    This is definitely not the case. A mixdown takes the same amount of time whether or not FX are pre-rendered.
    For a 90 minute movie score session with lots of HQ FX, this can make the render take hours, when it should take only a few minutes (as if it had no FX).
    Makes for a big waste of time waiting…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to "Rotate" 5.1 Clips

On many occasions I had to split up existing 5.1 atmospheres and reposition the mono-tracks individually to "reposition" the audio. This is extremely time consuming, if the there needs to be an animation/pan on top of it all. Being able to do this via an effect or panning function would be very helpful for sound design.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. SUB MULTI-TRACKS (MULTI-TRACKS INSIDE MULTI-TRACKS)

You could add the awesome option of including multi-tracks inside other multi-tracks parametrically, such as After Effects does with its pre-compositions inside compositions ;)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Autimation works on playback but mixdown.

I applied some eq automations on tracks and master. They work properly during the playback but I can't have the intended result when I mixdown entire session so I downgrade to v11.1.1

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Edit | Select | Previous clip in selected track please

We have 'Next clip in selected track' - why not previous?
    Also option to use a modifier to select next/previous in any track

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mark selected clip

Like PPro - you can 'mark selected clip' - which would be useful for then looping just that clip

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Different inputs fro different tracks.

It would be really usful to set different inputs for different tracks (i.e: a microphone input for a track and a Virtual Audio Cable input for another): the classical case of podcast for interviews by skype.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. envelops and vst plugin

Hi,

I would like to create a VST plugin that could allow to show an envelop like the volume envelop in Multitrack Editor. How to develop it ?

Then, how and where are stored data information of the mixed envelop. I've been looking in .sesx session file but no datas about volume or panoramic were strored

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Convert stereo tracks into its original multi-tracks

Convert any stereo track back to it's original multi-track format by introducing machine learning and artificial intelligence by analyzing the stereo track and comparing the sounds and vocals to sounds and vocals in a database which contains a vast library of various sounds, instruments and vocals. Or let the user manually enter the types of instruments, sounds and vocals that are used on the track. Once the comparative analysis is done, it will convert the stereo track into it's original multi-track. The user can then remix, add or delete tracks from the multi-track and create something new.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Select multiple automation key points

Selecting multiple automation keys and move them or delete them is really necessary but I never found this feature it in Adobe Audition.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Could you please make it possible, by option or key, to move automation points in a timeline with selected clips above them?

It is really painful to move them separately if there are problems with the synchronisation for example after Colorgrading or simply a changed cut after picture lock 😵

Points under crossfades should simply crossfade too if you move a selected clip over an unselected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I need to be able to change the master audio track in a multitrack session from stereo to 5.1 and

I need the ability to change the master track in a multitrack session from Stereo to 5.1. If I start my session editing in Stereo, there is no way for me to switch to 5.1 when I am mixing on the mix stage. I have to create a brand new session. In addition, there seems to be no way to import my tracks from one multi-track session into an existing multitrack session, which makes it very difficult to work in sound editing teams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Solo button really a Solo button

Please change behavior of the Solo button so it aligns to the behaviour of all other programs in the world:

• Click -
      Disable Solo on all other tracks and enable Solo only on the selected track. If the current track already was in Solo mode, switch off Solo for all tracks, incl. current track.

• [SHIFT]-Click -
      Enable Solo on the selected track, plus all neighbour tracks while retaining [SHIFT]-Click and hovering the mouse across the track list. If the current track already was in Solo mode, disable Solo for that track, plus all neighbour tracks while retaining [SHIFT]-Click and hovering…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Different color markers with different keystrokes

It would be great to have keystrokes for different colored markers. As I listen I would like to mark different things, having a keystroke for each color market would be fantastic. Thank you so much!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow 'set start time by first clip' for multitrack sequence (like Premiere)

In PP I can add a clip to a sequence then set the start time for that sequence (either manually or 'by first clip' - both are useful).

Why do I want this in Auditon?

Well I have an hour long recording that I want to balance, remove extraneous noises etc and bleep for compliance. All editing will be done in PP - this sweetened track will replace the raw audio files in the multicam sequence there.

For piece of mind I'd like to know that the files are the same - therefore the sweetened bounce should match the timecode…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For 5.1 channel tracks, allow the panner to be turned off, mapping the channels as-is to a 5.1 channel output.

Audition doesn't allow multitrack editing of existing 5.1-channel tracks without the panner steering the sound around, by default to only the front left and right channels. There's no option to simply disable the panner. In comparison, Premiere allows mixing 5.1 channels with no panning; it's the default behaviour.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show Through Edit

Coming to Audition from Premiere, to edit podcasts. Would love the option in the multitrack editor timeline to turn on "through edit" symbols. I really rely on these in Premiere to know if a cut is continuous.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base