Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Ripple Delete Gap Takes Longer As You Continue To Do Them

When I edit my audio in multitrack I cutout everything but good takes. Then I copy them to a new track and ripple delete the gaps in between the remaining good takes. As I do this, it starts to take longer for each ripple delete gap. Relaunching Audition fixes the problem for about 15-20 deletes, then it starts to get exponentially longer for the delete to occur.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a single button to arm all tracks for record in Multitrack Session

I record 32 tracks of live audio coming into Audition via Dante. It is cumbersome to click each individual track to arm them all for recording. A single "arm all" button would make this task so much faster.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Shift + Command (Mac) or Shift + ctrl (Win) click on one of the track’s record enable buttons will arm all tracks for record. Hope this helps….

3. Apply fade in/out to multiple clips in a batch

Often I'm editing tutorials with many cuts that need a quick fade in/out at the top and bottom of each clip to avoid discontinuity pops. I would love to be able to apply a fade in/out to each one by a variable number of milliseconds and shape to speed up my audio editing. At the moment I can make a custom keyboard shortcut for the fade in and a separate one for the fade out, but you can't adjust the amount of time the fade takes, so it's always too long of a fade and I have to adjust it…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Would love to have auto-fade option on clip razors.

Would love to have auto-fade option on razor tool. Whenever I edit an audio clip, I create fades on both sides to make sure the audio doesn't pop or crackle. Other DAWS have the feature to create automatic fades with the cutting (razor) tool. Would really like to see this in adobe as well. Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add the "Synchronize" functionality that already exists in Premiere so we can sync multiple clips

We should clips to different tracks in the multitrack editor, select them all, and synchronize them! For example, I have several sources from a live event - i want them all synced before I start to edit. This technology already exists in Premiere - please add it to Audition!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Don't change volume until "return"

If I'm listening to a session, and decide I want to change a track's volume from -23 to -26, typing that will cause the track to adjust to -2 for a moment while I'm typing. That's super annoying. I want the track volume to change only after I hit return.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please, Please, Please; Create a Way to Permanently Reverse clips in Multitrack Editor.

Please, Please, Please; Create a Way to Reverse clips INSIDE the Multitrack Editor. For reverse effects Cashews like Me.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. replace file

Is there a way to replace a file in the multitrack editor, for example a watermarked music track with the licensed music track?

I work with a lot of temporary music and clients need to hear a "mixed" video before they can approve it. It would help immensely to be able to right click and do something like "Replace with clip from Bin" to keep all the keyframes, effects, etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stretch to a certain bpm value

I really want to be able to stretch a Track to a choosable bpm value and I want to see in Multitrack the bars highlightet, every 4 bars as a grid like in ableton.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. NLE style timecode entry

In most NLEs timecode entry (e.g. to go to a time in the editor) does NOT require the colons entering, or all the numbers.

Typically an entry of 12 would take you to the nearest HH:MM:SS:12

Period acts as :00, so 12 period period would go to nearest HH:12:00:00

10 period period 15 would go to 10:00:00:15

Frames entered above the current frame rate are calculated so 35 would go to nearest HH:MM:01:10 in a 25fps project.

• and - allow relative movement.

PPro is only recently getting to grips with this though.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto ducking dialouge interview

We spend a lot of time ducking audio when working with interviews. It would be great to have auto ducking with dialogue and not just against music. The bleed into one interview mic and the other is usually not too bad... I bet Adobe Sense could figure this out cleanly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. [BUG] With snapping enabled multiple clips moved together may lose sync

When moving multiple clips with snapping enabled, clips may get out of sync with each other. Bug has been replicated by other users as seen here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2499063#

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Snapping to markers doesn't work. So... fixing that is an idea.

I have snapping turn on, and snapping to markers turned on. It just doesn't work. Screen grab of my multitrack session attached.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. increase/decrease Clip Gain by keycommand (external controller)

I come from a Nuendo background and there we had the option to increase/decrease the clip gain by +/- 1 dB with a keycommand (or with a Hardware controller).

we have the "clip gain" command but that only brings up the clip preferences up and puts the cursor at the numeric value.. so, still al lot mouse or numeric keypad hassle for a simple level adjustment..

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support ALAC format

ALAC is a commonly used high quality audio format and I discovered recently via a support session that is is not/no longer supported in Audition. https://helpx.adobe.com/audition/using/supported-file-formats.html

It used to be the case that I could take an audio clip of, for example, 2,116 kbps, slice it up in Audition's multitrack editor and export it to the same quality. This is no longer the case. Now when I export a slice of 2,116 kbps ALAC-format audio to the same format (choosing options to export at the same quality as the source audio) I get a file that's 1,591 kbps. Clearly, that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. BUG: Crossfades don't transfer over from Premiere properly

In premiere, I insert room tone between voiceover bytes in order to smooth out the voiceover and make the edits sound natural. (this is a common practice in industry). I crossfade these chunks of roomtone over a duration of 2 or 3 frames. This is very easy to do quickly in Premiere, selecting all of the transitions and using the keyboard shortcut. However, these crossfades change when I bring the sequence over to Audition for the soundmix. (I'm sending it over from Premiere via Edit -> Edit sequence in Audition). The crossfades become fade-outs that bump up against each other.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bounce to Split Tracks

Add a "Bounce to Split Tracks" option, which could merge the "Bounce to new track" action, with "Extract channels to mono files" in one single step in the multitrack editor.

I record video with 2 lavalier microphones on the left and right channel, and it would be a great way to save the extra steps when working on the sound mix in audition!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update Podcast template so that speech control is not automatically on

I am not a sound engineer, but I had to source one when I could not understand why breath sounds on the podcast were being distorted and amplified.

The response from Adobe was to try a different mic. However, the issue was with the podcast template which automatically switched on this function under the Mixer button.

I was not familiar with this function, and it is not on the tutorial I viewed. Neither was my Adobe contact it seems. The engineer, however, was able to locate the issue and switch it off. There is no need for this to be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Disable auto scroll permanently

Please allow auto-scroll in the multi track editor to be disabled permanently, so it doesn't turn itself back on every time I play/pause the session.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base