Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to add the metronome track when exporting session

Sometimes I need the click track from the metronome to be exported together with the audio for the client's need (usually a choreographer or music video director).
    My current solution is to use cables and route output to input on my audio interface to record to another track but this is waaay too cumbersome. A simple checkbox on the export dialog would greatly speed up my workflow.

This checkbox could even appear only if you have the metronome toggled on and unmuted.

I attached an image as an example of how it could be.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. ATMOS, 7.1, et cetera - Mixing and Mastering for immversive formats!

Hello, Audition-Team!
    Blackmagic Design just rolled out some pretty impressive audio additions to Resolve 16... these SHOULD be in reach for Audition's next release - hopefully. Hey, we're talking about a Color-Grading-Suite regarding Resolve! Function and interface are looking pretty good there.
    Great work so far, Adobe, but THIS and bins to better organize your project... would go a LONG way to be future(/present)-proof.
    Best, Michael

Features in DaVinci Resolve 16: https://youtu.be/8fmvUsBPJn8?t=1218

PS: Truly great new steps in the current version! Loving it!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. adjust relative clip gain

'Adjust clip gain' appears to be absolute only.
    e.g. select a number of clips, call up properties | 'clip gain' and type +6dB - actually sets them all to 6dB - should be an option for a relative adjustment.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the option to categorize things into folders/Groups while editing similar to photoshop.

separate different multi track projects into groups or folders to be more organized.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Resizing effects window in Mixer view

Currently it is not possible to resize elements of the UI based on need, as it is in Premiere Pro. Specifically, it would improve my workflow if I had the ability to resize the effects section of the UI when in mixer view.

There's a TON of space dedicated to the faders which is nice but unnecessary for the work that I'm doing. I'd much rather have the option to see 6-8 plugins across all of the tracks instead of the 3 that are visible by default.

Additionally, it would be helpful to be able to expand the Sends section…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Album Art for podcast available in multitrack for export to mp3

I edit a million podcasts and I love that I can template my id3 data so that when I export it's part of the file. But it drives me crazy that I have to export to an mp3 and then open that mp3 to add album art to it.

Is there not a way to add the art to the multitrack and just let it sit there and then add it when exporting the mp3? This would save a ton of time and also add a feature that could give Audtion an advantage over other editors. Many people own 3rd…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Include ripple edit and rolling edit tool.

Currently, it's still easier to edit VO for a podcast in Premiere as you don't have to select a bunch of clips to move a simple edit. It would be great to include ripple edit and rolling edit.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow nesting if sessions

eg

Session1: Interview recording - needs 2nd mic muting when not used (with appropriate fades), eq, compression, level adjustments etc.

Session2: editorial cut of session1, music added etc

Ideally it would also be possible to ‘relink’ the session 1 to an updated version.

Why?:

Mainly to enable 2 people to work concurrently in a fast turnaround situation but also there are times when the same interview may be used multiple times for different shows. Be very useful to have non-destructive & tweakable cleaned master interview.

Bonus question:

Are there other DAWs that have this? Certainly some NLEs do.

(Workaround currently…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Symmetrical Cross Fades now default?

Since the most recent update, all my clips are defaulting to symmetrical crossfades rather than asymmetrical.

Symmetrical crossfades do not work for dialogue editing, since asymmetry maintains the noise floor evenly.

Every edit I make, I now have to right click the fade square and set it to asymmetrical, which is annoying and taking me a lot of extra time that adds up over thousands of edits per episode.

I looked in the preferences panel and couldn't find any setting to change this back, nor have I been able to find the answer within the manual/documentation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Marquee Selection of keyframes in multitrack

being able to use a rectangle/marquee tool to select and remove keyframes in the track envelopes would be extremly helpful.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a feature to synchronize few tracks in multi-track

Add a feature to synchronize few tracks in multi-track

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. NEED to be able to copy/paste automation data in Multitrack view.

Automation data needs to be able to be copy/pasted to other tracks, or saved with the effects rack preset.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Find clips in multitrack timeline

A search window for the timeline, similar to that in files panel, to search for clips in the timeline.

Discussion- https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2572083

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. View master bus / submix bus waveforms

Live waveforms for clip gain adjustment is great for balancing purposes. But they are pre any track effects / subsequent bus effects.

Be great to see a representation in the master track of a waveform showing how the export will appear. Help to catch and soften any peaks - spot any mis-panning etc by eye from the overall timeline.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Multitrack: Add transitions across time selection

Coming from an NLE background we are well used to ‘add transitions‘ to a bunch of edits (including ‘match frame/split/add’ edits).

Why? Among many other reasons:
    1. To smooth removal of sections (eg umms, coughs, non-speaking sections of iso mics)
    2. To smooth transitions between levels of clip gain (eg to compensate for off mic sections )

So it’s definitely a very useful thing to be able to do.

IMO Avid media composer does it best with ‘add transitions in to out’ (in to out = time selection) with a dialogue that offers duration of transition, and position (ends at…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to play karaoke format files and have the 'lyrics' display on a seperate panel/external monitor

We get a lot of karaoke singers in the studio and this would be a great boon.
    Something similar could be used for dialogue overdubs by displaying text on a separate screen as the timeline progresses

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Being able to nest multi-track sessions

I would LOVE to be able to link multi-track sessions to one another like pre-composing in AE. I find my multi track sessions get so busy so quickly as I use a lot of sound layers in my work and not having dynamic links to other multi tracks makes it really hard for me to have an efficient workflow.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The ability to write comments on any kind of track in multitrack.

Sometimes I need a specific explanation of the track, but it doesn't exist in the current system. I would like to be able to add a Comment function to any kind of track like the attached photo.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multitrack - razor tracks without stopping playback

It would be a massive time saver if it were possible to razor tracks during playback without having to stop playback first. It's possible to do this in Premiere Pro, and I'd like to see the same feature in Audition's Multitrack. I'm in a position where I find it faster to rough cut multitrack speech programming in video editing software than audio software!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please design a button to link the track envelopes to items.

Or just add the ripple edit(link) feature as the other daws. It is really convenient and necessary for sound designers.
    Here is a picture of action list in Reaper. The developers should have a look.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base