Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View master bus / submix bus waveforms

Live waveforms for clip gain adjustment is great for balancing purposes. But they are pre any track effects / subsequent bus effects.

Be great to see a representation in the master track of a waveform showing how the export will appear. Help to catch and soften any peaks - spot any mis-panning etc by eye from the overall timeline.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mark selected clip

Like PPro - you can 'mark selected clip' - which would be useful for then looping just that clip

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In Multi-track view, export multiple range markers to new files

As in singletrack editor, I'd like to export multiple marker ranges as their own files and automatically name them the name of the marker. I often complete a radio show in one session and want to export the whole show without having to select an individual marker range and export, wait for it to export, select the next marker etc, etc.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove pitch change when using shuttle

I'd like the shuttle to work like Premiere Pro's that doesn't change the pitch when I speed up the audio playback. This would help me edit so much faster.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SUB MULTI-TRACKS (MULTI-TRACKS INSIDE MULTI-TRACKS)

You could add the awesome option of including multi-tracks inside other multi-tracks parametrically, such as After Effects does with its pre-compositions inside compositions ;)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. NLE style timecode entry

In most NLEs timecode entry (e.g. to go to a time in the editor) does NOT require the colons entering, or all the numbers.

Typically an entry of 12 would take you to the nearest HH:MM:SS:12

Period acts as :00, so 12 period period would go to nearest HH:12:00:00

10 period period 15 would go to 10:00:00:15

Frames entered above the current frame rate are calculated so 35 would go to nearest HH:MM:01:10 in a 25fps project.

• and - allow relative movement.

PPro is only recently getting to grips with this though.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support ALAC format

ALAC is a commonly used high quality audio format and I discovered recently via a support session that is is not/no longer supported in Audition. https://helpx.adobe.com/audition/using/supported-file-formats.html

It used to be the case that I could take an audio clip of, for example, 2,116 kbps, slice it up in Audition's multitrack editor and export it to the same quality. This is no longer the case. Now when I export a slice of 2,116 kbps ALAC-format audio to the same format (choosing options to export at the same quality as the source audio) I get a file that's 1,591 kbps. Clearly, that…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Link media improvements

If I command click a number of clips, go to 'link media' then 'cancel' - all the clips are linked to the media that the last clip selected was linked to.

Undo has no effect.

Neither of these behaviours is correct, IMO. (i.e. 'cancel' should cancel the operation - and undo should undo the last link action)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Find clips in multitrack timeline

A search window for the timeline, similar to that in files panel, to search for clips in the timeline.

Discussion- https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2572083

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ripple Delete Multiple Gaps

Would love to see a feature that removes multiple gaps between clips. In other words selected clips are pulled together so the edges meet, or pushes them all to the left. The main point being to remove multiple gaps at once.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Solo override Mute

Very simple: an option to have Audition in multitrack mode behave such that soloing a track will temporarily unmute it. As it stands, soloing a muted track does nothing at all, right? Why not have it actually solo the track instead? It's a pain in the butt having to unmute, solo, listen to it, unsolo it, then mute it again....a hundred times a day. This simple option would save a lot of time.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Include ripple edit and rolling edit tool.

Currently, it's still easier to edit VO for a podcast in Premiere as you don't have to select a bunch of clips to move a simple edit. It would be great to include ripple edit and rolling edit.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auto ducking dialouge interview

We spend a lot of time ducking audio when working with interviews. It would be great to have auto ducking with dialogue and not just against music. The bleed into one interview mic and the other is usually not too bad... I bet Adobe Sense could figure this out cleanly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add preroll & postroll option for loop playback

Currently only does a 'play in to out' loop. Be good to have an option (e.g. alt & play) to loop with a set pre/post roll (e.g. to hear edits)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Edit | Select | Previous clip in selected track please

We have 'Next clip in selected track' - why not previous?
    Also option to use a modifier to select next/previous in any track

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Midi for live shows

I would like to be able to add MIDI tracks to my multi track making it suitable for live shows and connecting it to a light console like the Hog4

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Move playhead using keyboard shortcuts during playback

While editing a multitrack file I need to quickly rewind to the beginning and In point, resp., to be able to compare two tracks.

For this I'd usually use the keyboard shortcuts <HOME> or <Q> (on my Windows machine). However, none of them work during playback.

Similar situation: I need to quickly rewind 5 or 10 seconds to rehearse a part in the audio. Audition is missing keyboard shortcuts to rewind a few seconds, too.

Please add the ability to move the playhead using keyboard shortcuts during playback, particularly:

(a)
    Rewind n secs (add "n" to Preferences, so the user…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Assign automatically track name from file name

When creating an new multi track session, the tracks are labelled "track 1", "track2 ", aso... We have to change these name for good organisation and visibility. Track by track. When you have 35 tracks or more...
    It would be a great time saver to give the possibility to automatically name the tracks by the name of the originating file. Up to the user to eventually rename the tracks before importing, but many are often already well labelled.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stretch to a certain bpm value

I really want to be able to stretch a Track to a choosable bpm value and I want to see in Multitrack the bars highlightet, every 4 bars as a grid like in ableton.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. replace file

Is there a way to replace a file in the multitrack editor, for example a watermarked music track with the licensed music track?

I work with a lot of temporary music and clients need to hear a "mixed" video before they can approve it. It would help immensely to be able to right click and do something like "Replace with clip from Bin" to keep all the keyframes, effects, etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base