Skip to content

Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

208 results found

1. Annotations to a clip

Either add ability to add text annotations to a clip, or change font size for markers (or both...)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bug: Automation timing incorrect

Automation effect is happening a little of a half second before it should be. I've tested this with built-in and external effects. I've attached a gif of a loop that has effect mix set to 0 percent via automation until after the clip is has ended. You can see that the mix is going to 100 percent well before it needs to.

I am on a 2020 Macbook Pro M1 and on the most recent version of Audition. I have recently updated to Monterey which is when I noticed this bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When will you (re)implant option to change the tempo within a session?

As radioproducer using Audition (gosh, 20years+) you always have the problem that there is only one tempo per session. When you are working with music - as i do most the times - there is a constant need to adjust effects to the tempo of the song, musicbed or especially jingle (for a transition it almost impossible to get a clear and correctly timed solution).

Mainly this is the reason why we are about to switch to PT or S1. We are all set up to the creative cloud so AU would still be of some benefit but if its…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Zoom inactive when hovering above the low part of clip

Zooming in-out horizontally in the multitrack doesn't work if the mouse pointer is over the lower area of a clip. (In the attached screenshot I highlighted the area.)

Additionally, when you zoom out vertically, this area doesn't decrease with the track height, so when there are many tracks, zooming in/out horizontally with Ctrl is likely to not work or be jumpy. The inactive zone only disappears when you zoom out so much that the clip gain/FX/group/stretch icons on the bottom left are not displayed anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fade handle missing on new clips

Sometimes, when Alt-dragging a selected portion of a clip to create a new one, the fade-out handle on the new clip is missing. You need to readjust the trim of the clip for the handles to become visible again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Save project with all files including unused existing in the file list pannel

Most people who do not master Audition forget to copy the files present in their file list but not used in the multitrack editor (yet). It would be smart to pop-up something like : Would you like to gather all your files in the projet (like the too hidden session save as all files toggle) And to add to it the option of copying all the files present in the files panel to retrieve them next time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We have to be able to select multiple tracks at once. Otherwise audition will never be a go to DAW for post audio imo.

Please PLEASE work on our ability to select multiple tracks at once. This would be a massive time saver.

Thank you!

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Durin G (Adobe) responded

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Linking this thread to the product roadmap feature discussions.

8. Symmetrical Cross Fades now default?

Since the most recent update, all my clips are defaulting to symmetrical crossfades rather than asymmetrical.

Symmetrical crossfades do not work for dialogue editing, since asymmetry maintains the noise floor evenly.

Every edit I make, I now have to right click the fade square and set it to asymmetrical, which is annoying and taking me a lot of extra time that adds up over thousands of edits per episode.

I looked in the preferences panel and couldn't find any setting to change this back, nor have I been able to find the answer within the manual/documentation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Progress  ·  Durin G (Adobe) responded

As Matt mentioned, this has been updated in the Audition Beta, available in the Creative Cloud Desktop app, and will be in the next main release update of Audition.

9. A feature that changes the playback speed of the entire project in multitrack mode. there are a LOT of podcasters using audition

A feature that changes the playback speed of the entire project in multitrack mode. there are a LOT of podcasters using audition. it would be of great benefit to be able to speed up playback. Avid has this and so i assume protools and logic do, it's pretty insane that there is no tool to do this in audition!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. BUG: Session seems to be empty.

The saved multitrack session is always empty if its folder has 2 spaces in the name. Example: Untitled Session"space space"1 instead of normal Untitled Session"space"1. Tested on WIN10 for Audition 2021 and 2022.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Selección inestable de varios archivos en un proyecto

Sería imprescindible revisar por qué, al mover varios segmentos al mismo tiempo dentro de un proyecto, éstos se pueden alejar o acercar entre sí en el trayecto. Incluso estando agrupados. Eso no debería pasar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Could you please make it possible, by option or key, to move automation points in a timeline with selected clips above them?

It is really painful to move them separately if there are problems with the synchronisation for example after Colorgrading or simply a changed cut after picture lock 😵

Points under crossfades should simply crossfade too if you move a selected clip over an unselected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I need to be able to change the master audio track in a multitrack session from stereo to 5.1 and

I need the ability to change the master track in a multitrack session from Stereo to 5.1. If I start my session editing in Stereo, there is no way for me to switch to 5.1 when I am mixing on the mix stage. I have to create a brand new session. In addition, there seems to be no way to import my tracks from one multi-track session into an existing multitrack session, which makes it very difficult to work in sound editing teams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Solo button really a Solo button

Please change behavior of the Solo button so it aligns to the behaviour of all other programs in the world:

• Click -
      Disable Solo on all other tracks and enable Solo only on the selected track. If the current track already was in Solo mode, switch off Solo for all tracks, incl. current track.

• [SHIFT]-Click -
      Enable Solo on the selected track, plus all neighbour tracks while retaining [SHIFT]-Click and hovering the mouse across the track list. If the current track already was in Solo mode, disable Solo for that track, plus all neighbour tracks while retaining [SHIFT]-Click and hovering…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Different color markers with different keystrokes

It would be great to have keystrokes for different colored markers. As I listen I would like to mark different things, having a keystroke for each color market would be fantastic. Thank you so much!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bug: Mute Clip behavior has changed in latest update

Before the current update, you could select several clips and Mute them, and each clip would flip its current Mute state. This behaved just like Clip Enable in Premiere, and it allowed you easily demo various takes with one keystroke. Now, if you select a mix of muted and unmuted clips, Mute sets them all to be muted, and pressing it again unmutes them all. Not the behavior we want.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Customize mouse shortcut

I use both adobe premiere pro and adobe audition. But in Adobe Premiere Pro "Alt+mouse scroll" zooms timeline, whereas in Adobe Audition it is "ctrl+mouse scroll". which is a confusing matter for my muscle memory. I want to customize these mouse shortcuts. Is there any way to to that? otherwise please implement it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Different color markers with different keystrokes

It would be great to have keystrokes for different colored markers. As I listen I would like to mark different things, having a keystroke for each color market would be fantastic. Thank you so much!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Waveforms aren't displayed correctly after relinking audio files

You can reproduce this bug in the Multitrack editor using the following steps.

Open a new multitrack session
    Open a multi-channel audio file
    In the 'Files' browser click the > to show all the channels in the audio file
    Drag just one channel onto a track in the Multitrack editor
    The waveform will display correctly
    Close the session
    Rename the audio file
    Open the session and re-link the audio file
    The Multitrack editor will now show all the channels of the audio file instead of just the correct one

This bug is still present in Audition 14.4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Adobe Audition would be very popular if Adobe added a screen video recording service to it! I think all creators will use it if Adobe solves

Adobe Audition would be very popular if Adobe added a screen video recording service to it! I think all creators will use it if Adobe solves this problem! I hope to see her soon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base