Skip to content

Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

61 results found

1. Ripple MOVE function for Clips (instead of just Delete or Insert)

Look guys... everyone else is doing it. It's very simple. And this lack of functionality has actually caused us to move away from Audition for recent episodes.

It works like this:

Step 1) Enable Ripple editing (global)

Step 2) Move a clip

Step 3) Watch all the other clips subsequent to that one, on all tracks or just one track (as selected by you), move by the exact same amount - so you're not overwriting by accident on the one hand, or having to zoom way out on your timeline in order to manually select everything that has to move…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bug: empty space at the end of track cannot be deleted...

When I export my multitrack mixdown, there is now 30(ish) seconds of silence at the end that cannot be removed. I've exported the mixdown in every way possible - as an entire session and as selected files. There is always a mystery silence at the end...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Automation Follows Clips

I would like to write automation (effect sends, EQ moves, etc.) on audio tracks (and bus tracks, but that's too much to ask, I assume) and have that automation be tied to the clip when I move it around the timeline. In podcasting we are constantly editing the timeline right until the mix is exported. In video, the timeline is locked so it's not an issue.
    I know that ripple delete kind of achieves this, but when you just want to move one clip and have the supporting sfx or music stay in place, that isn't an option. As it…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow monitor input even when record is disarmed

This is the sole reason why I don't use Audition for any live recording setups.

I have a talkbalk mic in my studio setup and need to be able to switch on the monitor input for my talkbalk mic in a single click. When I disarm my talkback track, the Monitor Input option is greyed out. I need to toggle the Monitor Input on and off, without arming the track to record.

Ableton Live has this ability, it would be great to add it to Audition.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We have to be able to select multiple tracks at once. Otherwise audition will never be a go to DAW for post audio imo.

Please PLEASE work on our ability to select multiple tracks at once. This would be a massive time saver.

Thank you!

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Durin G (Adobe) responded

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Linking this thread to the product roadmap feature discussions.

6. Symmetrical Cross Fades now default?

Since the most recent update, all my clips are defaulting to symmetrical crossfades rather than asymmetrical.

Symmetrical crossfades do not work for dialogue editing, since asymmetry maintains the noise floor evenly.

Every edit I make, I now have to right click the fade square and set it to asymmetrical, which is annoying and taking me a lot of extra time that adds up over thousands of edits per episode.

I looked in the preferences panel and couldn't find any setting to change this back, nor have I been able to find the answer within the manual/documentation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In Progress  ·  Durin G (Adobe) responded

As Matt mentioned, this has been updated in the Audition Beta, available in the Creative Cloud Desktop app, and will be in the next main release update of Audition.

7. An option to attach markers to clips in multitrack view, rather than attaching them to the timeline

Currently in Audition's multitrack editor, markers can only be attached to the timeline. It would be helpful to have an option to attach markers to individual clips, so that when those clips are moved in the timeline the markers move with them.

The only way to achieve this right now is to go into waveform view and place a marker there. This is pretty inconvenient and involves a lot of clicking back and forth between views.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Being able to nest multi-track sessions

I would LOVE to be able to link multi-track sessions to one another like pre-composing in AE. I find my multi track sessions get so busy so quickly as I use a lot of sound layers in my work and not having dynamic links to other multi tracks makes it really hard for me to have an efficient workflow.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The ability to write comments on any kind of track in multitrack.

Sometimes I need a specific explanation of the track, but it doesn't exist in the current system. I would like to be able to add a Comment function to any kind of track like the attached photo.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Resizing effects window in Mixer view

Currently it is not possible to resize elements of the UI based on need, as it is in Premiere Pro. Specifically, it would improve my workflow if I had the ability to resize the effects section of the UI when in mixer view.

There's a TON of space dedicated to the faders which is nice but unnecessary for the work that I'm doing. I'd much rather have the option to see 6-8 plugins across all of the tracks instead of the 3 that are visible by default.

Additionally, it would be helpful to be able to expand the Sends section…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Multitrack - razor tracks without stopping playback

It would be a massive time saver if it were possible to razor tracks during playback without having to stop playback first. It's possible to do this in Premiere Pro, and I'd like to see the same feature in Audition's Multitrack. I'm in a position where I find it faster to rough cut multitrack speech programming in video editing software than audio software!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Move multiple markers at once

I do a lot of audios with multiple markers and have to move audios several times, adding some more or cutting others.

In this matter, I have to move several markers at once and it is currently impossible. What works though is inserting a silence to move all the next markers at once, but that's not convenient at all because it has to break some tracks.

So having a simple feature that, after having selected several markers in the "marker panel", allow us to move these markers with a duration would be a huge time saving !

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Midi channels

Why did you exclude the MIDI channels! Audition was a step closer to become a DAW! It has so much potential!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to lock a track to prevent any inadvertant manipulation

Would love to see the ability to lock/and unlock a single track (or multiple tracks) to prevent any further manipulation (including clip movement, level changes, effects additions or changes, etc.). Similar to Premiere Pro's track lock.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Disable auto scroll permanently

Please allow auto-scroll in the multi track editor to be disabled permanently, so it doesn't turn itself back on every time I play/pause the session.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to lock vertical zoom for individual tracks

I sometimes have one or more tracks that I want to keep fairly tall all the time so I can see their audio in more detail, while other tracks can usually stay as small (vertically) as possible. But when I do need to zoom those small ones and then zoom them all the way back out, my tall ones also get zoomed out. If I could lock them, I'd be much happier.
    A variation on this idea would be zooming proportionally when some tracks have been individually zoomed, so the small ones get bigger and the big ones get even…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. BUG: Ripple Delete Gap Takes Longer As You Continue To Do Them

When I edit my audio in multitrack I cutout everything but good takes. Then I copy them to a new track and ripple delete the gaps in between the remaining good takes. As I do this, it starts to take longer for each ripple delete gap. Relaunching Audition fixes the problem for about 15-20 deletes, then it starts to get exponentially longer for the delete to occur.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option to add the metronome track when exporting session

Sometimes I need the click track from the metronome to be exported together with the audio for the client's need (usually a choreographer or music video director).
    My current solution is to use cables and route output to input on my audio interface to record to another track but this is waaay too cumbersome. A simple checkbox on the export dialog would greatly speed up my workflow.

This checkbox could even appear only if you have the metronome toggled on and unmuted.

I attached an image as an example of how it could be.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a single button to arm all tracks for record in Multitrack Session

I record 32 tracks of live audio coming into Audition via Dante. It is cumbersome to click each individual track to arm them all for recording. A single "arm all" button would make this task so much faster.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Shift + Command (Mac) or Shift + ctrl (Win) click on one of the track’s record enable buttons will arm all tracks for record. Hope this helps….

20. Marquee Selection of keyframes in multitrack

being able to use a rectangle/marquee tool to select and remove keyframes in the track envelopes would be extremly helpful.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base