Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

How can we improve Adobe Audition?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MIDI and VST support

I kmow that audition is not a composer software but i'd like use virtual instruments to create my sounds.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save performing Save As every time

I think this is a bug. When I hit Command+S to save it executes the "Save As" process, so I have to click two more times to tell it to save over the existing file. It becomes very tedious when you save often like I do.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please bring back the option to play overlapping clips (regions) in multitrack

There used to be a checkbox for "play overlapping clips" and now it's gone. Please bring it back. Helps keep track counts down when making radio production and commercials by not having to have a new track for every single bleep, zap, and voice clip that might touch.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export Audio to Movie

A feature similar to Logic Pro "Export Audio to Movie" allowing to bounce the audio directly into the original video file used in the session, without the need to re-encode, render or convert.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Audio is muted in Punch and Roll in Waveform view

Audio is muted when initially doing the roll back in Punch and Roll in Waveform view.

However if you do it again it works. Also work ok in Multi-Track, but I don't use that in my workflow/

Annoying as it's doubling my workflow since I'm having to do every P+R twice effectively. Here is a link to the video I made showing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8WKxBsrllM

Excuse the F-Bomb when it initially works!

This is on MacOS 10.14.4 (and has also been reported on Windows on your user forums.

Mark

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Smooth Transitions for New Punch n Roll (non-destructive or destructive) Feature!

The new Punch & Roll feature is great. However, there is one tweak that needs to happen, soon. You shouldn't have to "fade-in" a clip in multitrack to make the "punch-in" transition smooth. The automatic crossfade should work like it did before in multitrack. You also shouldn't have to go back and smooth over punch & roll sections in the waveform editor. For long form narration, this adds editing time which PnR was designed to reduce.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG: Ripple Delete deletes automation data

Using "Ripple Delete" to delete a clip on a track deletes the automation data for every track apart from the one you have used ripple delete on.

Build 12.1.1.42
    Windows 10

See: https://youtu.be/mMFNREaCpkc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Audition crashes when exit the program

Hi there!!!

I'm using the soundboard "MOTU AVB Ultralite" ASIO. When I'm exiting the program, it crashes. All settings are saved and all are normal in the program. Only crash when exiting after the last update. Premiere are normal with the last update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Linux Version

Adobe, create a Linux version of Audition,please!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. urgently need a light mode

I am sorry to repeat this but I feel it is URGENT. I have bright lights behind my desk that I cannot avoid (an open window) and I can't see the interface properly because it is on a black background. We seriously seriously seriously need to be able to make the background a light colour. I can't see what i am doing on a sunny day and I can't move the window nor myself. The same goes for Premiere. I know there are many people who find the dark background unacceptable. it is not a fashion statement, it is a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. No input signal from Roland TriCapture

Addition 12.1.2 on Mojave. I cannot get input signal from Roland TriCapture USB audio interface. Microphone access is granted. Roland says since I can record sound from TriCapture using QuickTime, their driver is working correctly and it’s an Audition issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Error when importing lengthy audio directly into multitrack instead of first into files

When I import an audio file that's just short of an hour long directly into the multitrack, it is arbitrarily shortened by about 15 seconds. If I drop it into "Files" first, this error doesn't occur.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. View Edit Window and Multi-track window at the same time.

I would like the ability to have the Edit Mode open on one screen and the Multitrack Mode open on another screen.

The way I cut in Premiere is similar. I have Source and Program Monitors, along with Project, Effects, etc. on one screen and a large timeline for the entirety of the second monitor screen.

I'd love to be able to do something similar in Audition. Have both Edit and Multi-track open at all times. This way I can easily and quickly doctor clips, then immediately adjust in the multitrack view.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Audition 2019 Popping Bug with Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

This issue only affects Audition 2019 v12.x with the Scarlett hardware.
    If I use v12.x with the motherboard audio it is fine.
    If I use v11.1.1 with the Scarlett or motherboard it is fine.

Audition 2019 v12.x, all versions, have an issue with clicking and popping when using the Scarlett.
    Audition 2018 v11.1.1 and all other Windows audio applications on the system will work perfectly fine.
    The clicking and popping is not seen in the waveform display, and randomly occurs when playing back audio in Audition 2019.
    If I record a new audio file with all Scarlett inputs at zero,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Folders/Bins for File Management!

Basic file management doesn't exist in Audition like it does in every other Adobe software. The ability to add folders and place files inside those folders when working inside Audition would be HUGE, just like you can in Premiere and After Effects. This is a must have organizational feature that has always been missing.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remixed Music track does not split into segments when exporting an OMF file

For some reason, when I re-mix a track of music to fit a specific time... then export a session as an OMF, the re-mixed music does not split into segments like it's supposed to (see attached screenshots). I've only experienced this issue with recently updated versions of Audition.

I would appreciate any solutions you can provide. Thank You!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Paintbrush selection needs an adjustable feathering option

We have Size and Opacity which are fine, but for the purposes of selecting a frequency-steady background noise, it would be much better if the painted selection could be made with a feathered edge, just like a brush in Photoshop, such that any changes made to the selection would decrease towards the outer edges of the selection.

This would allow for smoother changes, as currently a change will effect 100% of the selected area, and anything outside will be 0% changed. This can result in a harsh, unnatural transition between frequencies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Capture noise print (shift-P) does not work unless Noise Reduction Effect module has been opened first

This has been an issue for as long as I can remember, but currently with OS X and Audition CC 2018 11.0.0.199.

Basically, upon launching Audition and opening an audio file, I am able to select a portion of audio, then press Shift-P to define an audio print, however when I open the Noise Reduction effect module (Cmd-Shift-P) and preview or Apply the settings the resulting processed audio has not changed. I have to re-define the noise print in order for it to work.

Note- If I first launch the Noise Reduction module (Cmd-Shift-P) and then capture the noise print…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Rename Track seems to be gone in 12.1

Previous to 12.1 one could rename tracks by clicking on the name. This functionality seems gone/broken under 12.1

Using Host, Interview, Interview 1, Interview 2 (from duplication) is going to be in short a nightmare.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. insert

I would like the new punch and roll functionality to have the option (triggered by a key stroke) to insert new recorded audio, instead of overwriting which is the only option at the moment.

This means that I can't open a section of audiobook that needs pickups and insert the audio - moving the existing audio to the right. P+R can't be used to quick edits as it stands.

Behaviour should be similar to CMD+D in OcenAudio

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base