Audition

Welcome to the Adobe Audition feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Audition team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Audition community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Price for Audition only is too high!

A Creative Cloud membership is very expensive when the only application I use is Audition, and only on an infrequent basis. I am also paying in Canadian dollars, so it's almost $33 per month for a program I use only a half dozen times a year. I used to own Audition CS6 outright, but it is a 32 bit application and doesn't work in MacOS Big Sur. I think the monthly cost should be half what it is, or offer us the ability to purchase Audition outright.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dithering option seems to be working in the opposite way.

Hi there,
    Tried both dithering options (i.e. with "Enabled" and "Disabled") through
    File > Save As > Convert Sample Type > Bit Depth > Advanced > Dithering.
    But the saved output file with the 'Dithering' option looks like working in the opposite way (i.e. dithering is disabled when "Enabled" is selected and vice versa).
    Notice that I’m currently using Adobe Audition ‘Build 14.2.0.34’ (the previous versions look the same though) and tried 48KHz/16-bit generated tone with extremely small gain (-90 dB) just to see the effects of dithering more clearly.
    Additionally,
    Close/Reopen the file is required to check out the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Symmetrical Cross Fades now default?

Since the most recent update, all my clips are defaulting to symmetrical crossfades rather than asymmetrical.

Symmetrical crossfades do not work for dialogue editing, since asymmetry maintains the noise floor evenly.

Every edit I make, I now have to right click the fade square and set it to asymmetrical, which is annoying and taking me a lot of extra time that adds up over thousands of edits per episode.

I looked in the preferences panel and couldn't find any setting to change this back, nor have I been able to find the answer within the manual/documentation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We have to be able to select multiple tracks at once. Otherwise audition will never be a go to DAW for post audio imo.

Please PLEASE work on our ability to select multiple tracks at once. This would be a massive time saver.

Thank you!

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG - Audition CC (latest) crashes when opening MP4 file in MacOS 11.2.3

When I try to open an MP4 file (to extract audio from video files), Audition hard crashes and pops the crash report window. Upon relaunch, opening the previous session appears to function as normal until trying to open another MP4 file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug: Audition 2021 stops scanning at particular VST(3) plugin - 2020 did not

I have recently purchased the VST/VST3 plugin Spiff from oeksound for transient fun.

Audition 2020 scanned the effects (I have rescan existing disabled) with no problem, and the effect operates as expected.

Audition 2021 seems to "stop" when it comes to spiff_64 and "never" finishes - I've only let it try for about 15 minutes, but it just sat there, never making progress. I did this twice - the second time it did the scan in a different order, saving spiff for last. However, when it got to spiff at the 97% mark, it just stopped again.

Note, ALL of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dynamic Link only works for one trip

It seems the Dynamic Link between Premiere Pro and Audition only works for one trip. I edit my sequence in Audition, export to Premiere Pro - all works fantastically. Now if the client requests further edits to the sequence (adding in an interview section, removing a section of voiceover, shortening of the soundtrack) I'm stuck. At the moment, I need to start my mix in Audition from scratch as even the "edit original" option given in premiere pro of the stems originally exported from Audition opens up the old edit.

Here's my desired workflow:

EDIT 1:
    1) Edit sequence in…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe Audition Build 14.1.0.43 - How does one stop/reroute PEAK files from being saved in same folder as audio files?

I've just completed re-editing 180 audio files using Audition: I couldn't figure out a way to keep the PEAK software-specific files from being saved into the same folder as the audio files. In a perfect world, there would be a Preference Setting allowing user to direct these files to be save in a different folder from which the files can be opened when the audio file is opened by user.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Opening Click/Pop Eliminator Effect Crashes Audition 2021

Simply opening the click/pop eliminator effect window immediately crashes Audition every time. Only started happening since latest version update. Currently on 14.0.0.36. I discovered after posting this, that if you turn off spectral view, it'll come up. It seems to crash while it's trying to render the on-the-fly spectral preview. I confirmed that rolling back to 13.0.13 puts it back in a working state. So it's a regression in 2021 Audition. I'm on Windows 10. Radeon R9 390 graphics card.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michael-

Thanks for the report. We have not been able to reproduce this crash so far. Is this on Win10? What’s the Spectral Resolution in Pref>Spectral Displays? If you are on Windows, is Use hardware acceleration for drawing enabled or disabled in Prefs>General. Thanks!

Best,
    Michael

10. iPad Pro version of Audition

There is already Audition running on the Mac M1 why not have a version for the iPad Pro m1?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Epidemic Sound & Adobe Audition Integration

Now that Premiere Pro has integrated the Pandemic Sound music library into the Essential Sound panel and users everywhere are enjoying the ease of use that comes along with this arrangement, it begs the obvious question: why not have this same functionality in Audition? This would be an absolutely game changing feature for those of us who spend extended amounts of time in Audition and who also regularly need to audition music from outside sources.

I'm also surprised that evidently no one here has asked this question yet, unless I have missed it. So, let's make some noise fellow audio…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Automatic Crossfades for Multiple tracks

Similar to ‘Apply Transitions in Premiere’ , select multiple tracks and drag to add crossfades to All Tracks, or choose a dialogue that would add crossfades to selected tracks with parameter selections.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multitrack Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enter a keyboard shortcut for Silence

There is a keyboard shortcut for tasks like autoheal and crop, yet there is not one for the silence which I use frequently.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. UX / UI as in the rest of the CC - much more performing

I think a Collapsible Panel Management like in the rest of the creative cloud (PS, AI, ID, etc.) in Audition CC would also help a lot. We always fight to have as many panels always available and in sight. Audition is very versatile on the one hand but less on the other. With a management with collapsible panels, for example Photoshop, I could have panels on the right and on the left that can be recalled with a simple click. I could have the panels that I use less on the right closed in small icons to give space to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hardware compatibility - MOTU M2 & Audition 13.0.13 - Stuttering playback Mac OSX

Latest version of Audition 13.0.13 caused stuttering playback using a MOTU M2 device. Playback was normal using internal audio device. I reinstalled 13.0.10 and playback was normal. I went back a few versions. I didn't try 13.0.11 or 13.0.12. I believe that the issue was introduced in 13.0.13.

Mac mini (late 2012) 2.3 GHz Quad Core i7 - 16GB RAM

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow users to Edit Team Project Premiere Pro Sequence in Audition

I just got hired to work on the audio for my team's Premiere Pro Team Projects. I saw that the easiest way to do this is by editing in Audition, but was sad to discover that the Edit > Edit in Adobe Audition > Sequence option was greyed out. It would make my job so much easier if I could edit this Team Project Premiere Pro Sequence in Audition.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Audition Notebook aka notes Plugin

Audition Notebook would be a small notepad within Audition for song informations, story, lyrics or personal notes. It should use RTF or other Markup Format and export to PDF and/or HTML.
    As Editor Integration Adobe Brackets.io could be used.

Functions:
    - Add / delete note
    - copy / paste note
    - export / import
    - sync with CC
    - basic Format functions like Font Type, size, color, categories, etc.

Also those Notebook could be used in other Adobe products (linked over CC) as well.

It would be a further development of the "Notes Panel for Adobe Audition" Plugin, but with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Zoom Feature Needs Improvement

Instead of or in addition to the zoom bar at the top, which I find awkward to use, it would be much better to be able to zoom in and out to areas in the multitrack view just like you do in Photoshop and other apps using Command +, Command -, Command Spacebar, Command 0. There is also an issue when you try and zoom in as a track is playing and the zoom box suddenly shrinks uncontrollably and speeds across the track and gets too small to expand it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Variable playback speed! Double Speed Is Too Fast

I edit a lot of long audio - podcasts lasting an hour or more. I would REALLY like to be able to listen to it faster - like 1.5 speed. That would help tremendously.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Waveform Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adobe Audition Build 14.1.0.43 - Metadata Editing - Copy/Paste Function

Am using a text palette of data from which to copy/paste data into the Metadata fields. Frequently, user is unable to Paste data into the field(s), forcing user to manually type data into field. Anomaly occurs in the following Metadata Tabs: ID3, RIFF, CART.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base