After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Source Text expressions crashes in Arabic

When I use expressions for a Arabic Text on Source Text, It works in the beginning but after a few second AE crashes.

If you want to see the crash, move the time indicator several times, or duplicate the layer several times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Batch Proxy Relinking & Improved Proxy Creation

So it has been a long time since i needed to create proxies for after effects, but today I did and was horrified by the workflow.

You have to literally do it one-by-one for each file in the project list. Alternatively, AE likes to just create a useless composition, per piece of footage instead to render, and then re-links all of those to the proxy.

There is no way to batch link them! I decided just to do it in media encoder and do it one by one.

This could massively be improved by being able to select several pieces…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AE MOGRT - Add a script callback when changing a parameter

To improve MOGRT flexibility, it could be nice to have the possibility to run a script when an input parameter changes.
    For exemple when user changes an input media (with media remplacement stuff..) the script could change the duration of a composition from the input media duration...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Synchronize Time of Related Items work with Time Remapping

Tracing back from a Time Remapped PreComp does not work correctly.
    Ae is not setting the cti to the time that corresponding to the remapped time when navigating there via the Tab-key

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Revert the icons to the multi-colored versions!

This is an Adobe CC wide issue but AE is where I notice it the most.

Please revert the icons to the multi-colored versions! It makes no sense to make them the same color when the "themes" break down beyond video and photo use. I used the colors to quickly locate the software I needed to open, now I have a taskbar full of purple and have to squint to tell which letters I am clicking on.

It seems like a very poor design choice that was likely made by the boardroom, not the creative team, and I beg you…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add back 2 views vertical and rearrange view options in toolbar

Know there's been a lot of talk about the updated view options. TBH, this new setup sucks.

I want my 2 views vertical back! I often am comping 16x9 animations. I need one viewer for my active camera, and a 2nd for my top view. Since I can no longer determine the layout of these 2 panels, I'm stuck with the horizontal view. This layout isn't ideal if you're working with a widescreen comp. It means your footage is suuuuper tiny in frame.

Don't eliminate the 2 view vertical though- it's useful for doing 9x16 comps. Just give us our…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Upgrade Roughen Edges effect.

More in-depth, customizable roughen edges effect. Ability to apply effect to shape layers to get edges like Photoshop brushes. Maybe even use the stamp of a Photoshop brush to determine the texture and variation of the edge. Edge example from Photoshop attached.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keyboard shortcut: Go to Marker Out Point

preferably a variation on the shortcut Go to Next Keyframe/Layer Marker (k). Say, alt/option + k or similar.

I think ideally the Go to Marker Out Point shortcut would take you to which ever is next: either the maker's in point or its out point, so you could quickly navigate through a comp's layer markers using the same shortcut and not have to alternate between pressing k and whatever the marker outpoint shortcut would be.

Same for 'Go to Previous Keyframe/Marker' shortcut. There would be an equivalent shortcut, say alt/option + j
    And, again, this would take you backward through…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please allow activation of legacy versions of AE.

My installed version of AE 7.0 has been remotely inactivated and an activation code cannot be supplied by Adobe. I used this occasionally to use plug ins that are no longer available or do not work in CC. It is totally unacceptable that paid for and registered software - however old - can be rendered useless like this. Please re-enable activation codes to be available to your operatives.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Flip Flop After Effects!

Please change the effects “Flip” and “Flop” to Horizontal Flip and Vertical Flip! It seems very unnecessary and strange that they are called that and should match Premiere/the rest of the industry! PLEASE!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3d camera split composition view

Please come back with the possibility to split the composition screen in 2 views horizontally, or 3 smalls ande one big

Please!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Time delay in Shape layer Repeater Properties

As rotation, postion and opacity... time (in frame) should be a variable that we should be able to work with.

Should also be affected by the Offset

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In AE 2022, the Composition window that displays your scene frequently will stop working!

In AE 2022, the Composition window will frequently will stop displaying my scene. Won't even try to show you a preview render at any resolution. It just appears grey. The only solution is to quit and relaunch the program.
    I am on macOS Big Sur, on a 2020 iMac with the AMD 5700XT graphics card and 64 gb of RAM. Please fix.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Move the View Options from the menu to the Composition Window

The "View->View Options" menu item is poorly placed. This is a Composition Window specific setting. It is simply ghosted if a composition window isn't active, which is not proper UI behavior. These settings should be moved to a new Composition Window button next to the other window specific settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Return from the Dark Side

I have a real problem:
    Dark user interface triggers my horrible migraine.

Latest Photoshops fortunately have restored
    the option to change UI light.

I suggest that the same would be done to After Effects.

I physically can't use it now but I know that also a lot of
    other artists find lighter UI more relaxing to the eyes.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. AE 22.1.1 still does not export to AME on Mac

It's clear this was a problem for many on both Mac and Windows after updating to 22.0.1, but I still cannot export to AME. AME opens, but nothing appears in the queue. I am running the latest OS and have restarted all programs/my laptop, etc.

I understand there are a couple workarounds, but as mentioned by others, this is a significant impediment to work flow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pre-Comp Library

Creative Cloud libraries are a great feature of the CC environment. What if we could save AE pre-comps as assets to be re-used in different AE projects?
    If I create a simple animation using AE shape layers, I might want to use the same animation later. I could render it, but that would be a destructive way to save the element.

Can Adobe implement some sort of pre-comp asset file into the CC library ecosystem? If I create a simple shape layer animation and would like to save it as a pre-comp file outside of the original AE project, it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. ambient occlusion

Hello,

In the NVIDIA Control Panel (not "GE Force Experience"), PLEASE enable Ambient Occlusion. Right now, no matter what I do (even turning it on "universally" first), this is a locked option, and does not permit one to include Ray Traced AO in AE.

I'm not sure why this is turned off, but I use it for Ray Tracing with Element 3D, Maxon Red Giant Software, and Stardust.

Without the Ray Traced AO, it looks like junk. This used to be available without any issue, b/c I have previously used Ray Raced AO with these plugins.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow rotobrush to use more than one core by allowing user to rotobrush multiple frames

Rotobrush should have the option of allowing me to rotobrush frames every certain number of seconds. For example if I have a 15 minute clip, I could rotobrush one frame for each minute of the clip. Therefore each of those minutes could be handled by a separate core on my computer. As I have 16 cores, each core would only have to process one minute of video rather than one core doing all the video sequentially.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base