After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have rotoscope understand fingers on hands, especially THUMBS.

I'm having to go frame by frame to rotoscope human hands that barely move. Is there not a basic AI that can say, oh hey, yeah, hands, we see those all the time. Same for shoes walking on the ground.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expression Control Menus Should not Reset

If you do not set a keyframe all of the dropdown menus reset to the default when duplicating a comp.

They should stay where you set them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. better zoom for large comps

Please increase the internal zoom box value from currently 30000 to something much bigger.

Reason: I work in 12k and larger comps, and the max zoom value is limited to 200%, which is insufficient for detail work. I need to be able to zoom to 400% and 800% in order to be precise.

please add this to the todo wishlist.

related post from 7 (seven!) years ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/AfterEffects/comments/1v15kv/cant_zoom_in_if_the_comp_is_too_big/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adjust text box sizing within Essential Graphics

Not sure if this is possible, but if there's a way to parent the text box to nulls like recently applied to shape paths, it would be nice to be able to control the width and height of a text box through essential graphics.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Color correcting with region of interest

Hi
    When color correcting skin tones, the region of interest would very useful to isolate image area. Only I just found out, Lumetri scopes show the whole image instead of the cropped area.
    A fix would be nice, please.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import shared/linked compositions (not as a copy)

When I use a common composition in multiple projects, there doesn't seem to be a good workflow for making corrections/improvements to the original composition file/project and bringing the corrected/improved composition into the project I'm actively working on.

I propose a feature that gives us the ability to import an existing After Effects project into the current AE project in a linked way, such that modifications to the imported compositions will save back to those original files (keeping the original "library" project up to date) and that changes to the original files will be visible in the importing project.

See here…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. After Effects Software Bug - Version 18.1.0 (Build 38)

In this build, there's a bug that causes this error: "After Effects error: could not parse mask shape on clipboard." This occurs when ever there is any content from Illustrator in the clipboard. The error repeats consistently until the clipboard is replaced with non-Illustrator content. Please fix.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Terrible performance

After Effects 2022 is the slowest version launched. Freezes a lot, the preview is unbearable even on light compositions (i7-6800k, Geforce 1070 8g, 64gb RAM, 2 SSDs (one for the software, one entirely for cache).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. (BUG) Preview Window only works intermittently

AE '22 -- Mac OS Catalina
    Preview on external monitor only works intermittently.
    Have enabled Mercury Transmit and chosen external monitor for preview -- but it dissappears occasionally, revealing the desktop wallpaper. This does not happen in Premiere Pro (in fact toggling back and forth to Premiere will sometimes reactivate preview in AE.) It continues to happen even when I am careful not to have the AE UI overlap onto the external monitor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. take matte from another comp layer

all effects containing the option "take matte from layer" should allow to take the matte from another comp layer.

this would allow AE to be a much more powerful compositing app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Also collect files added to AE via Dynamic Link (Character Animator, Premier Pro)

At the moment After Effects does not collect files that have been added to the AE timeline via Dynamic Link. It would be great if that was possible in the future. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AE Comp window freezing / crashing with RAM

Running latest version of AE (18.4.1 Build 4) on a Windows laptop
    16gb RAM
    8gb GPU

When running after effects I can have a simple scene set up just a shape layer with wiggle on the position and an adjustment layer with any effect, wave warp for example, and after RAM previewing a few seconds the memory will fill up and the Comp window will freeze on the frame it's on. I can select anything/type/make changes in the other windows but nothing can be selected in the comp window. I have to restart the program to do anything but it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. changing leading on a text layer caused a crash on mac

(ver 22.0.1) when i selected a text layer and try to change the font or kerning or leading, Ae freeze and i got a beachball.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 旧製品用ワコムタブレットドライバとの相性

intuos4をwindows10で動かす為のドライバ(WacomTablet_6.3.30-6.exe)を入れたら最新verのaftereffectsが起動直後にクラッシュするようになった。改めて最新のwacomタブレットドライバを入れたらその症状が治まり起動するようになった

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bring back vector paint

It would save a lot of time, especially when you want to create a brush stroke effect on texts, instead going through making the path, masking it, and animating the stroke, why can't we just draw with pen tablet and turn it into animation?

It was available in CS3 so I don't know why we don't have it now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Maintain Footage RGB Interpretation Settings Through Software Updates

Every time CC updates After Effects, it resets my footage color interpretation settings.

I use OpenColorIO and often have my color workspace set to "ACES Academy Color Encoding Specification SMPTE ST"

In order so see the proper color, I must interpret all my footage with the box checked: "Preserve RGB (Disable color management conversions for this item)". The files I often work with are typically Quicktime Prores 4444 movs.

After CC updates to After Effects, I must consistently go through and re-check this box for all my footage. I'm able to somewhat speed up the process using the "remember" and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. RAM Preview Issue on macOS Monterey

I'm having an issue since upgrading to the new MacBook Pro & macOS Monterey -- in After Effects, doing extremely simple logo animation (nothing but some vector points moving), the preview works when I first open AE but then will be no more than 1 second long after about 5 minutes of use. Frequently, I get the error to the effect of "there must be more than 2 frames in the cache to preview." In Activity Monitor, I can see that AE is using almost the entirety of my computer's 16GB of RAM at that point.

I am having a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Essential Graphics vanishing properties bug

I am using a composition in AE with a complex Essential Graphics that has dozens of properties, many using expressions to work, all organized and labeled. But a bunch of the properties moved out of the subfolders they were in, won't move back into them, or are just missing entirely. When I try to fix it, other properties move or break entirely. Even simple ones that don't use any expressions at all. There needs to be more stability for EG in AE, and better support for complicated EG comps, and ones using expressions. It took days to build this, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base