After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MULTITHREADING for AFX

MULTITHREADING for AFX ... it´s since ages now and nothing happens... all cores are gathering together 10% of it. In the preferences you even cant now shoose how much cores you like to use... I am opening 3 instances of AE to dispatch more frames thesame time... what a solution in 2020! Adobe ... come on!! thnx!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We want ray trace back! why to take it without not even saying a word.

I know you guys are looking to improve the software and make it better, faster and up today but eliminating components such as ray trace is not a good move nor a good decition just because you let MAXON 4D to do just half of what we were able to do with ray trace. i dont think that removing ray trace is big of improvement but rather a move backwards forcing us to use tools that can do just half the work done as we previously had it. there is a big comunity out there expecting this option is available…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. change the "render complete" and the "render failed" sounds

the sounds gives me a heart attack every time I hear them. not only are they really loud, but they are also so jarring. please replace with more pleasant sounds!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unspecified Drawing Error - Mac OS Big Sur

Can't escape this error after updating to OS 11.0.1 (20B29).
    Deleted my user preferences. Uninstalled AE and reinstalled. It keeps popping up.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show waveform of inactive audio track

I sometimes need a waveform just as a reference, but AE decides to not show the waveform if the sound is off. Don't know why.
    If it is needed to show that it doesn't sound, please do so by giving it a greyed out look, but keep displaying it, please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Single-color option for Tint effect

I often just want to add a simple color tint to an object (eg make something a little blue). This seems like a very basic need to me.

The 'Fill' effect is no good as you can't change the opacity.

The 'Tint' effect requires two colors, meaning you can't see a preview while you pick a color, as you need to copy and paste your color into two boxes.

Sure, there are workarounds, like using a solid. But isn't this kind of thing precisely what effects are made for? If we have an adjustment layer containing various effects, why shouldn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Always render Null Objects with 0% Transparency

I often use Null Objects within my compositions- and its very easy to forget to switch them off before you render- leaving white squares where they have been used in you render.

So why not as an overall rule just always render them with 0% transparency? There doesnt seem to be any reason for Null objects to be rendered so it makes sense.

(You can obviously set them to 0% in the composition- but it often actually helps for them to be visible whilst constructing your comps)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Dynamic linking to another .aep project file

I'm part of a team that work on multiple infographic shots simultaneously and we would really like to be able to link to external after effects compositions that could contain components that are being reused on all shots.
    In that way someone could setup and animate dummy components within one .aep file and then the rest of the team can link to those components compositions (as if it where footage) and start on each separate shot.
    All the while the dummy components can be tweaked and finished and that would ripple out to all the other team members shots.

This…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. shortcut to temporarily move layer parent independently of children

This would work the same as holding "7" in Cinema4D. Would be a nice and quick way to reposition elements in a rig, without having to scroll through the timeline selecting and deselecting elements.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to scale up/down comps maintaining stroke width

The only way to maintain stroke width is an extremely tedious process having to add an expression to every single stroke path. In Illustrator double-clicking on the scale tool gives you the option as to whether you want to maintain stroke-width/corners or not. Let's get something similar in After Effects to save us severe headaches. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BATCH EXPORT for Essential Graphics/MoGrts with a checkbox-list or something similar

I am working on converting thousands of MoGrts/Essential Graphics -Templates for a big TV-Station to CC20 and it is a pain in the but to export every Essential Graphic-Template with 3-4 clicks and a lot of waiting time for saving the project for every single template. It should be easy to add a checkbox-list were you can choose if you like to export all or some of the templates and than start a kind of batch export that export all checked items... At the moment the export is really trash... you even need to save the project every single time!!!!…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. software for linux, because the performance on linux better than on windows, thats my opinion.

I hope adobe creates software for Linux, like Davinci resolve, which has native software for Linux. I believe if the performance in the Linux is better because I am trying to run blender 3d 2.80 on the same laptop, on windows I just can run blender with lagging, but on the Linux ubuntu, not have a problem

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Live VR viewer in Ae

Premiere Pro has a version of this already–although it's quite juvenile and could use some help. After Effects, however, doesn't have one. I'd love to have a live VR viewer in After Effects with a little more upgrades than the current Premiere option, especially dimension control (so the window isn't just a square). Many base level 360 editing software includes a variety of viewing options such as Tiny Planet, Crystal Ball, Natural View, and Flat. This simple window would save me so much time and make the world of a difference for 360 footage integration. (screenshot is from Insta360 Studio…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PLEASE FIX the dreaded "unable to obtain dynamiclink project"

I am getting an “unable to obtain dynamiclink project” error when I try to reapply Warp Stabilizer to a clip that had to be extended in length.

As Dynamic Link has caused problems for me in the past, my workflow for the past 3+ years is to copy/paste footage from Premiere Pro into a new After Effects timeline, and render a ProRes file. This has worked flawlessly for me, and no need to mess with Dynamic Link once I had the files in AE.

Today, I opened a project that contained some previously warp stabilized clips, one of which had…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove / change the icon in windows of type 'window'

When scripting a new window of type 'window' the window (on pc, windows 10) has an icon that does not show up when using a 'dialog' or a 'palette'. It would've been great if it would not show up or be replacable through scripting. Right now it is just being ugly and usually has nothing to do with anything.

You can use a palette, but sometimes you want a window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A blur brush to use when cleaning up mattes

I have generated a key of an eagle flying, using roto brush and refine edge brush. The alpha channel is then rendered, and brought in as a monochrome clip, and this key clip then needs to be cleaned up frame by frame using the brush tool.

To help create a better key, a blur brush that softens the edge of the key as you paint on it, would be super useful, where you can set the level of blur applied as you paint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug: Can't scroll down in UI panels when list extends beyond screen space

When selecting a parent from a list (not using the pick whip) it does not let you scroll down to select parents beyond available screen space. This also happens in the effect panel when selected a layer from a list. Some lists allow you to scroll down like when selecting extensions in the window panel some do not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. un-rename footage

I have accidentally renamed the footage in Project panel. And I have a usability problem now, after replacing footage with Ctrl+H it still have renamed name.
    I can't find the way to un-rename it back, to take footage entry name from filename. Please add this feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base