After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shape layer properties / reveal shortcuts

More shortcuts for shape layers in general, but specifically, an easy way collapse or reveal one or all groups to different levels 'reveal/collapse to show all groups but not properties' collapse all properties, but show fill/stroke, 'reveal/collapse all subgroups/paths', etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better relink of missing footages

We need a better interface when relinking missing footages in the "Replace footage file" popup window.

At least something like in InDesign where the missing file would be automatically highlighted in the currently displayed folder.

This would be very easy to develop (I guess) and way more pleasant and efficient, instead of manually searching the matching filename in the folder, which is a plain waste of time.
    My workaround : copy missing filename from Project tab, paste it in the "Replace file" popup window when in the right folder, press Enter (file is then replaced), repeat for next file until…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Crashes when EXRs don't match comp size and have any transform settings

Basically, EXRs must be precomped to apply any sort of transform to then. Otherwise I get a repeatable crash.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve community communication

Hi Adobe AE team

Please talk to us. Share your thoughts and considerations. Don't be a black box. Victoria did well at the beginning, yet communication seems to be stalling again 😞

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please Bring back the 3d-ray tracing in after effects new version

Some of our old plugins and presets still working only with 3d-ray tracing.
    not only me I know lots of people who need this.

Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Thai Vowel Character not support

Hi,

I find out the new update Adobe After Effect 2020 On Mac not support Thai Upper row Vowel character on the last letter in the sentence. ,( it's show normal inside the sentence. But if the Vowel character is the last letter the character will now show

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Autosave will not turn off & triggers a crash each time it initiates

After Effects is crashing each time it autosaves. I've reset my preferences, deleted their old files, and turned off all autosave functions multiple times. It continues to override this and launch an autosave anyway, even when the function appears to be turned off, which then causes AE to crash completely. Happening on all projects.

Here is the message I'm given (minus the first sentence telling me the path to which it has saved my project):

Last log message was: <123145619922944> <BEEpCheckoutItemFrameRange> <5> BEEpCheckoutItemFrameRange elapse time = 5.5982 seconds.

Generating crash log, which may take a few minutes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug Report: Text and fonts still cripple AE performance, even on high end machines.

Simple text animations, or even just simple animations with text layers turned on in the scene. I have seen twice in the last 2 days, on different projects, with different fonts. Some text layers just cripple AE viewport performance. From smooth 60fps playback to .5 fps, and not even able to smoothly drag objects around viewport. I have read many posts like this online, please optimize this dino app. Like Winston Wolf says, "Pretty please... with sugar on top.."

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Expressions for properties that don't have a stopwatch

It would be necessary to make accessible to the expressions the properties which do not have a stopwatch.

for example:
    the Fill & Stroke text layers property.
    What is inconsistent in the interface is that these properties have the icon Property pick whip ! But it doesn't work.
    But on the other hand we can use it in the Essential Graphics panel.

Another thing about the Fill & Stroke property:
    It's a property that has been forgotten in all the list of properties that we can now access by expressions to manage text styles.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. v17.5 Camera with orbit null works differently to v17,4

As I've showed in my desktop recording. The camera with orbit null works strangely in the v17.5 version. In the old version, if I parent the camera to a null, it will orbit oriented to the null. But in the new version, it somehow orbits orienting to somewhere else, even I chose the orient to POI tool. Also the moving is shifting when I zoom in the camera. It feels not right.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. missing Thai font accent mark if not follow by character in AE 2020 ver.17.5

My issue is when the accent mark (letter or symbol which placed above or below normal line) are not follow by letter or symbol in
    line it will disappear. I attached link of my post in community here
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/thai-font-missing-accent-mark-issue-in-ae-17-5/m-p/11548957?page=1

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Export to Animated PNG

It is long overdue to provide a direct export option either through the Adobe Media Encoder or Render Queue to render out a sequence as an Animated PNG and also Animated SVG formats as these are now more and more required for many web applications. It would save a lot of time in a workflow to have to export as a png sequence then use a third party application to import the png sequence and then export as an APNG.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. error: Cinema 4D render failed 5070

The Cinema 4d renderer is constantly giving me this message and I have no idea how to fix the issue. Recently uninstalled and reinstalled and all the settings look correct to me. Please help if you can.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/4eee89c2-de74-4f4c-782f-ffab11fd6575

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. add 'Compositing Options' to main Effect Controls palette

The Compositing Options for every effect is a really great addition, but why is it still buried in the timeline? It should be in the effects controls palette, at the very least hidden under a dropdown box or button to reveal. Or have a whoIe new palette to access this. I understand this will make the effects controls palette a little more cluttered, but I think its worth it for this functionality. thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Custom zoom percentage

I find it odd that we still cannot enter a custom zoom percentage for viewing our composition. Especially in an era where you can use your tablet as a second screen, it would be ideal to zoom in a specific amount for masking and animation. Clearly, it is possible, because selecting "fit" will give a very specific percentage. Yet, for some reason, it remains impossible to ask for a specific percentage yourself. Would very much love to see this feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3D Gizmo

L'utilisation des touches de raccourcis 4,5 et 6, comme spécifié dans les préférences 3D ne fonctionne pas avec un clavier AZERTY. Je trouve le widget Universal pas si pratique et j'utiliserai plutôt les widgets Position, Echelle, Rotation.

Les raccourcis 1, 2 et 3 ne fonctionnent pas non plus pour la navigation entre les outils caméra mais c'est moins gênant puisque l'on à les 3 boutons de souris avec Alt enfoncé ou appuyer plusieurs fois sur C.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow expression pickwhip to twirl down layers and properties

Draging the pickwhip to layer twirldown icons should open up the layer properties and then transform and effect properties to reveal what one is trying to pickwhip to.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug Report: Drop Down Language-Problem

Hi,
    I'm using the Drop Down Menu Control as an effect for a control layer with a german Version of After Effects on Windows and Mac. When switching the project between Mac and Windows I get an expression Error. It seems that there is a problem with the "ü" in the Property "Menü". I tested it now on 2 seperate Windows-Systems and 2 Mac-Systems which have all installed the german version of 17.5.1 and it's alway the same behaviour.

When I save the project from Windows it converts "Menü" to "Men," and if I save it on a Mac and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mac "Don't Save" option gone?

Anybody else on Mac OS having the issue of the "Don't Save / Cancel" prompt not being an option anymore?

Sometimes it's nice to open a project file to poke around, but you don't want to save it... AE now doesn't give you the option to "Don't Save" when you quit... it just automatically saves the project upon quit or closing the project (not talking about auto-save).

Same goes for testing something in an Untitled Project... when you go to quit or close the project... AE gives you a 'Save As' prompt and does not give you the option to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base