After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG with comment text wrapping in mogrt panel

mogrt created in Adobe AE 16.1.3
    used in Premiere 13.1.5

I have a comment inside of a group inside of a group. In Premiere, the text wrapping does not match the width of the Essential Graphics panel causing the right edge of text to get lost before creating a line break. Because the comment is in a 2nd layer, Premiere places the text in a darker box. The text in the comment is overflowing behind the right-side padding of the UI, rather than being bound by the darker, second layer group box.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reverse Keyframes button

How about a button to reverse selected keyframes to create a reverse of your animation

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disk playback instead of RAM,

I get that 20 years ago hard drives weren't the quickest and there was a limited choice in codecs so it made sense to playback from RAM. But now we all have SSDs and DNxHR exists I don't get why AE has not been re-written to playback straight from a hard drive rather than moving it into RAM first. It would be great for AE to playback from disk with a choice of codec and bit depth dependent on a users needs and system capability, much in the way that Resolve does with smart cache (see pic). Uncompressed I gather…

170 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rebuild AE from the ground up so everything runs on the GPU

Last night I had to wait 5 hours to render out a 7min sequence on a 6core i7 with 2 x nVidia1070. GPU usage never went above 4% for GPU 0 and 0% for GPU 1. CPU thread 2 never went above 35% whilst all other threads stayed around 10%. Network usage never went above 350Mbps on a 10GBe connection. Every year users request that AE uses more system resources yet it still never seems to happen. By your own words AE is the industry standard for motion GRAPHICS yet it hardly utilises the GRAPHICS processing unit at all. Every…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lock layers together in the timeline.

It'd be great if there was a way to lock layers together in the timeline. There is often, if one layer needs to be moved in time a bunch of others need to be moved. Being able to just click on one of the grouped layers in the time to move would be way faster.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug Report - AE 17.0 - Lumetri Scopes displaying wrongly when Color Management ON

Footage displaying identically between AE and Premiere so not always have the same scopes between the programs.

Repro:
    Get just about any file in Rec. 709 0-255
    Import into Premiere
    Import same file into AE
    Open both scopes. Easiest to see in luma waveform mode.

With color management off, scopes and pictures seem to match. Once you turn color management on in AE (still off in PP), I'm unable to get AE and PP to match at all, ever.

I've tried teh following Working Spaces:
    sRGB
    Rec 709
    Rec 709 2.4
    Rec 709 16-235

and also tried all those spaces…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Lagging and missing keystrokes

For several months now, I frequently have problems where two main issues occur, which feel related:

1) After Effects is still processing a command, usually moving keyframes, where I place the keyframe, release my mouse button, move my mouse, and then the keyframe jumps to the new location of my mouse instead. Like it never registered the original placement of the keyframe and lagged.

2) Often doesn't register keystrokes. This applies to both typing in text layers, and also just general keyboard shortcut commands. It results frequently in text missing letters that just never registered as I was typing, or…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. how about a keyboard button you can select to access the contents of the shapelayers?

You press a button on the keyboard, or maybe a double tap, I'm thinking cc, and then you see the contents of your shape layer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Editing Dropdown Menus (use return/arrow keys)

The edit dialog for a dropdown menu could be vastly improved if you could hit enter and it goes to the next option, or using the down/up arrows instead of having to individually click on every one and change it. If that can't be done for some reason, at least leave just one option in the dropdown by default so I don't have to delete the text before I add a new option.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pickwhipping property "Scale" of "Transform" effect causes inconsistent expression errors

When pickwhipping anything to the "Scale" property of an effect "Transform", it causes an expression error to appear stating:

"property or method named ‘Scale’ in Class ‘Group’ is missing or does not exist. It may have been renamed, moved, deleted, or the name may have been mistyped"

However after changing the value of said "Scale" property, the error disappears. The same error then appears again each time project is loaded up containing such expression that was pickwhipped to the "Scale" property. (containing code: "effect("Transform")("Scale")" )

I am reporting this as a bug. Hopefully I explained the case clearly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Stroke of 0 possible in Layer Styles

When animating Stroke Width of Layer Styles, it's essential to be able to have a Stroke of 0 (zero) width. But the lowest possible value is 1.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow manual substitution of missing fonts at startup

A common problem I have is when a font is missing, and currently, on startup there is only the option to find it on Adobe or accept the default font. It would be so helpful if you could select a font in the list and manually choose one from your system fonts to use instead. Otherwise you are stuck with the default font through a potentially large project.

Another common example which happened this morning is that I have Futura Bold installed, but the project I've been sent says Futura Bold is missing (as the spelling is different) - if…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add an option in settings to automatically purge Disk Cache when AE is closed and/or opened.

Would be great to constantly have the disk cache cleared when I don't need it. Clear it out every time I open and/or close After Effects and it will keep things running smoothly and not have 300gb of cache sitting on my hard drive. Thank you very much!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. After Effects effects previewer UI

A UI of your effects that allows you to layer effects in a previewer to see the results before applying. This would be especially effective if you have a lot of effects and not sure what they all do.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can you create a simpler way to loop a layer.

The current method seems unnecessarily complicated and annoying.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Composition-/Layer-Lentgh editable via script or Essential Graphics

Would be great to get control over layer or composition length via expressions like a slider. Maybe let us set start- and end-points so that if you change the time-length in Essential-Graphics we could shorten the composition in Premiere as well and some other use cases.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. DXV and HAP encoding!!!!!

Why would you get rid of the ability to use and encode to DXV and Hap Codecs, seriously why?? Both these codecs are so widely used with Media Servers for Live events, Concerts, Touring, Multimedia performances and Installations. As they are very efficient for playback systems. I’ve been an Adobe user for over 20 years, after effects, premier and photoshop have been important tools in my work flow. But I’m seriously looking into alternatives, because of the lack of support for these codecs. The live event world has very demanding deadlines and by no longer supporting theses codecs my turn…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. RAM Preview + Click on Timeline freezes After Effects

RAM Preview + Click on Timeline freezes After Effects

While RAM preview is running, if the user clicks on the timeline, After Effects freezes and I am forces to shut it down.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There is getting Photoshop 3D into after effects and being able to manipulate inside AE. How comes we haven't got this functionality yet. U

Hi,
    One major issue I have with After Effects is getting Photoshop 3D/Materials into after effects and being able to manipulate inside AE on 3D Plane. How comes we haven't got this functionality yet. Users have been asking about this for years. I have been asking about this for about 3 years. I know there is Cinema 4D which deals with 3D Layers but I just don't understand how you own 3D functionality doesn't work between apps but you have an outside companies 3D Applications work on there but not your own products. That one I will leave up to…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Warp Stabilizer fade in/out

Make a 0-100% slider on the Warp Stabilizer. This way if there's is a tiny bump in a steadicam shot that is 1 minute long you can stabilize that one bump, animate it in and out and then it's done.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base