After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. After Effects 17.1.3 crashes constantly.

I'm trying to make changes from notes, just copying and pasting TC to make adjustments, and every 10 minutes programs just crashes and instantly closes. I'm losing time and I can't afford to waste any. Are you guys working on this or just not making any real changes in these updates? Why am I crashing all the time? AE and one tab of FireFox are the only things running on my machine. iMac 32GB RAM i7.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. please fix P44 erorr

please fix error p44

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Grain in 32bit

Please move this to the top of priorities.
    Since we're now all moving towards ACES which requires working in 32bit, not having a grain effect that works in 32bit makes most of the compositing work almost impossible to do. It's hard to think of an effect that doesn't require grain matching with the background plate, and now every time we apply the add grain effect all, overbright values get clamped, so we CAN'T use the effect on any new production :/

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. H.265 footage got pixelated and lost details

I found some specific H.265 footages imported into AE/PR partially (e.g. the clouds I marked in the red box) got pixelated after few frames, but the first frame (which I think it is the keyframe) is ok, when you zoon in, you can see the obvious pixelated blocks both in viewer and final output. But it will not happen in DaVinci Resolve nor I exported the footage to ProRes them imported into AE/ PR.

The PSD file is exported from the video, you can zoon in 300% and switch the layer to see what happened.

This issue happens in both…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A keyframe that inherits its value from the previous keyframe

Imagine a scenario with 3 keyframes where an object holds position for a second (1-2) then moves to a new position (2-3). To adjust the object hold position, you must edit keyframes 1 and 2. If you forget to update keyframe 2 you no longer have a hold. With this type of inheritance keyframe, you'd only have to worry about adjust keyframe 1, and keyframe 2 would automatically follow along.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please Bring back the 3d-ray tracing in after effects new version

Some of our old plugins and presets still working only with 3d-ray tracing.
    not only me I know lots of people who need this.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3d Lightning in After Effects.

The Lightning in After Effects is Fantastic, Curious if in the Future After Effects Could Create a 3d Lightning Function According to the Camera and its Position.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rotobrush 2 isnt working with Precomposed Layers.

Rotobrush 2 isnt working with Precomposed Layers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Alerts on opening project

When opening a file that will give you several alerts/error messages, all should pop up only once in a list. For example if an old project or one made in a different computer is launched sometimes you can get 20-30 different alerts and clicking "ok" through every single one is annoying. It'd be better to wait until AE compiles all alerts and then gives you only one as a full list of Errors.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Empty Tab Space

Sometimes a large, empty space will open up in the tab bar. It's not clickable and not associated with any of the tabs open. Closing and reopening all the tabs seems to help, but it's annoying because it takes up space and we shouldn't have to close everything only to have to reopen. Here's a screen grab showing the issue.

Marc

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. collapse all folders in project window

As in Cinema4D add a "Close all folders" "Open all folders" "Close selected folders" "Open selected folders" buttons or commands.

The "close all" in the project window kinda already exists. If you type in a few letters into the search bar then clear it all the folders collapse nicely. But would be nice to turn that bug into a feature button.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remove Animation as the default rendering codec

It is not supported on any modern OS.

(When I teach my (newbie) students about rendering, I have to do a lot of technical explanation on how and why to set up a more efficient rendering preset.)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Lock specific effect values, ex. the anchor point and/or position, in the Transform scroll down menu in After Effects.

It is far too easy to grab hold of the wrong value (the anchor point instead of the position value and the other way around) and completely mess up an animation. Usually it takes quite some time to relize the mistake, Most items given different default anchor points by different size, it may take quite a while before realizing the mistake since it's impossible to keep all these values in your head. The only way to save the day is to reset to default values and start all over again loosing a lot of valueble time, and money! Most people…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop After Effects (and other Adobe apps) Focus Stealing on Windows

When triggering any process that requires some time to calculate in After Effects, After Effects jumps into the OS foreground the moment it completes the process. This interrupts email typing mid-sentence, it interrupts drawing in other apps, and it's driving me mad. This happens on launch of AE and other Adobe apps too. Here's how it happens:

> Launch AE
    > Alt+Tab to Chrome and start replying to an email while AE loads.
    > Be mid-sentence and BAM! AE takes the focus.

OR

> Start Auto-Tracing a layer in AE
    > Dialogue indicates 55 seconds remaining
    > Make use of…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Align is very broken still

Please fix the 2D align bug. It's been there too long.

VERY easy to reproduce.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mF_U4a9Rg8&t=9s

This video shows the quickest way to reproduce the bug, (with 2 align clicks). But when you have a complex enough scene, even a single align click is broken too.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. [BUG] Panels Full Screen Multiple Screens Win10 Border

Hopefully somebody will fix this sometime...

I use AE on three screens. I have the main window on one screen and panels on the other screens.
    The panels are filled with tools and other AE windows.
    In order for an optimal space usage, I fullscreen'd the panels (CTRL + #).

Sadly, Windows 10 adds a border to every window and this border shows up on next screen sometimes.
    If I work on the edge of the screen, I easily click on the border, causing AE so leave the full-screen mode on this panel.
    AE leaves this mode, because I accidental…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Application icons are now inherently confusing to students

This isn't specific to After Effects, but all of the new purple icons in CC. I have students that rely on visual recognition to identify the various applications in the dock (and since the machines are locked, this can't be modified). Now that Adobe has decided to make every application icon look identical in the latest CC2020 update, I'm going to have spend time I could be using to teach the application, to showing them how to differentiate between all of the CC applications. This is idiotic, so please change it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix expression editing within graph view

In both AE 17.0.0 and 17.0.2, I did not test it in 17.0.1. Using Win10 with a Ryzen 3700x and a GTX 1060 6gb

When editing or writing expressions while in the graph view mode, it is hit or miss whether or not the new code will be commited.

It was suggested by another user to use the 'enter' key on the numpad to commit changes, but this didn't work every time either, so it doesn't solve the problem.

When editing expressions in the normal layer view everything works and saves/updates as it should. You just type out the code…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Media to Project While RAM Preview Is Playing

After Effects crashes every time I try to add media to my project or timeline while RAM Preview is playing (I often forget myself and drag stuff in while Preview is playing because you can do this in most DAWs).

So, the current behavior is that AE seems to think it can add media while RAM previewing, and it tries, but it fails every time and crashes. I think the behavior should be one of two options, whichever is possible to achieve:

1) Fix the function so it works: let me drag stuff in while RAM Preview is playing without…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Context sensitive help documentation

Press F1, get help for the last clicked thing in After Effects. Easy. Any Cinema 4D user would agree. It's fantastic. I use it a lot.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base