After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug Report: AE CC 2020 Premultiplied Alphachannel from ProRes 4444 will result in black outlines

When using ProRes 444+ with premultiplied Alpha in AE2020 (17.x) on MacOS 10.14. and 10.15. the key will have black outlines. Bug wont occur in AE2019 (16.x) or with AE2020 on MacOS 10.13. Please fix this issue.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gradient Fill Shape

Is it possible to create an option, “Gradient Fill Shape” in the shape layer?
    The gradient fill color follows the shape.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable Render Logs

There should be an option to disable render logs entirely

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable audio scrubbing without holding Ctrl, to prevent hand injury

My hand hurts holding down Ctrl the whole time. Makes lipsyncing multiple projects painful for my arthritis.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix the **** 17 :: 19 overflow error. No real number should ever be allowed to save where an integer is expected.

Fix the **** 17 :: 19 overflow error. No real number should ever be allowed to save where an integer is expected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3d controls

The new 3d control as of After Effect v.17.5 are way too bulky and obstruct the viewport. Please include a legacy control axis or an option to scale the control axis.
    Most projects have enough clutter without huge child safe 3d axis controls filling the viewport.

(yes I realize you can toggle the view of the controls on an off, but that isn't very helpful as you are working.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Snapshot Button - Less Grating Noise

This issue may seem trivial, but anybody else cringe every time they use the snapshot button? The noise literally hurts my ears. It's too loud and not pleasing at all. I believe this is the only item in the UI that makes a noise - is there any way to get a more pleasing chime, or maybe just a visual cue that a snapshot has been taken?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. please fix the audio playing slow while previewing a video

everytime i put an mp4 or mp3 in the work space and play it it previews slow, it's very tiring

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. missing Thai font accent mark if not follow by character in AE 2020 ver.17.5

My issue is when the accent mark (letter or symbol which placed above or below normal line) are not follow by letter or symbol in
    line it will disappear. I attached link of my post in community here
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/thai-font-missing-accent-mark-issue-in-ae-17-5/m-p/11548957?page=1

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How to combine custom kb shortcut set with new default kb shortcut set (AE 17.5)

With AE 17.5 new keyboard shortcuts for new features are introduced. Is there a way to add my custom shortcuts to the new default shortcut set as it contains new shortcuts for new functionality which are not part of the old custom kb shortcut set?

I’m using the English version with a German keyboard so I remapped quite a lot of shortcuts. I guess there is no easy way to do this …

Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add transparency value indication to layers in time line

Making the color of the layers change depending on the transparency instead of a solid color, maybe a pattern that gets more visible the lower the transparency.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Upon opening AE I get weird window / cursor bugs

When I open AE sometimes (maybe 50%?), the screen will turn black for a second or so and then come back on. I've read in other forums that this might be the computer switching graphics cards so really not even a problem.

The bug i'm experiencing is after it finishes opening (and only after screen goes black). All windows will sometimes be stuck above the mac menu bar and I can't reset them. Accompanying this bug is a weird selection bug where I can't click a layer, it just automatically tries to drag it where ever my mouse goes after.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Shape trim paths should come after taper and wave operations

Using trim paths, I'm trying to animate a shape stroke that has a taper added to the start and end of the stroke. Taper is calculated relative to the length of the stroke, which AE recognises as changing according to the percentage completion of the trim paths.

This might be what you'd want some of the time, but I just want to animate the stroke like a pen mark being written on. The line left by a pen nib would not be shifting its thickness as it is being drawn on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. camera raw seq import issue

we use came raw regularly for our cg renders by applying camera raw effect on while importing but it becomes very painful as most of the time there are few glitch frame or missing frames and when those frames are fixed and re-rendered and put into seq folder camera raw effect don't get applied on that automatically
    it would be great to get full control after importing seq so this issue will be solved also we wish to animate some paramiters as well

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Effects should remain collapsed when copying/duplicating layers

This has frustrated me for years. I put a lot of effort into making things tidy for my template users, like collapsing large quantities of effects or controls in the Effect Controls panel. But when those layers are duplicated, copied and pasted, or when the comp is duplicated, all the effects on those layer expand, making it hard for them to find the effect they're looking for.

I have also noticed that the collapse-state of effects is saved with inconsistent results when opening the project in a later version of AE. Some of those effects will be collapsed, and some…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rotate Tool Broken after updated to v17.1.3

I updated to version 17.1.3 a few days ago. After I updated the rotate tool stopped working as expected. When I try to rotate an object a few degrees it spins the object around a crazy amount (ie rotate value 1500x+258.1degrees). I have closed after effects and relaunched several times.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug in Team Project using Essential Graphics with nested composition.

I'm using Team Projects for After Effects and have a face-composition with a nested mouth-composition two levels down in the face-composition.

From the mouth-comp I've added some Essential Properties to the face-comp. This works.

When re-opening the Team Project however, I get the following error:
    "After Effects warning: Could not create Essential Graphic parameter because it refers to a non-existent layer."
    The file opens but the master properties referring to the mouth-comp on the face-comp have all disappeared. Needless to say that is a serious problem because all keyframes added to these properties are lost.

Don't know if this is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Shape Layer Wiggle

We should be able to customize the Shape Layer Wiggle Path look and animation with an other layer with black and white value. Like Fractal Noise for example.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Camera GUI display does not reflect expression-driven Point of Interest

When the "Point of interest" of a camera is driven by an expression.
    Something like:
    thisComp.layer("Null 1").transform.position
    The graphical display of the camera wireframe in the interface does not reflect the value of the expression.
    It seems to be "stuck" at the Point of interests native value.

After Effects 17.6.0
    MacOS 10.14.6

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please add the ability to change fonts globally.

When dealing with clients who want to change the font of an entire project, that could mean hundreds of font changes in many comps. Please add the ability to globally change the font as well as the font size.

It would be amazing if this could be added as a expression control. That way i could have a font controller and say, all Title fonts should be this and this size. All subtitle fonts should be this font and this size, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base