After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Exporting pro res 4444 + alpha bug

Issue when exporting pro res 4444 with alpha directly from AE. When this file is taken into premiere, there are weird purple artefacts, this can be removed by changing the premultiply settings, but this looses some alpha and introduces black fringing. When the same comp is exported via media encoder, using the same settings, no such issue exists.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting this bug. Our team is investigating the cause of this problem.

This problem occurs when rendering from the After Effects render queue using premultiplied alpha. If you change the alpha mode to straight (in the Output Module Settings dialog, set the Color option to Straight (Unmatted)), the problem does not occur.

2. Recovery

My after effects just crashed and lost all of my stuff that I spent 3HOURS working on so I will no longer be using adobe if y'all can't recover my stuff 👍🏾

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Comp settings : add a button to trim comp duration to current time

Hi AE users & makers :)

just a quick idea to save time in comp edit windows, when you have to modify comp duration, adding a small button to crop to current time. I even made a mockup ! Have a nice day // Paul

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. bug report

AE renders (ProresHQ) wrong time stamp. 8 days in the future. Version 17.1.4 (Build 37)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please Bring back the 3d-ray tracing in after effects new version

Some of our old plugins and presets still working only with 3d-ray tracing.
    not only me I know lots of people who need this.

Thank you.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I'm using Beta's rotoscope 2.0. Why not have a keyboard command to allow you to 'paint' straight lines with the rotobrush?

I'm using Beta's rotoscope 2.0. Why not have a keyboard command to allow you to 'paint' straight lines with the rotobrush? And these lines should lock more accurately to the subject, especially if it doesn't move much. A keyboard command might tell Sensei that this line never changes over time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keyframe Velocity shortcut (alt + double click) doesn't work, why?

That shortcut has been deleted and it was really useful!!!!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Value graph bug

When working with the value graph the graph gets pushed off from the keyframes. Zooming in and out seems to fix this sometimes but not always. It doesn't seem to effect the animation but it's a bit annoying to work with.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Addition or substraction in time indicator

It would be nice to be able to add or susbtract values in the time indicator field to move in the timeline by maths.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Alt-clicking 'Stop' in Render Queue not working in CC 2020

Alt-clicking 'Stop' in Render Queue used to stop your render and have it set up as a new render item that would start from the beginning.

Now it functions just like clicking Stop by itself... where the render will pick up at whatever frame you clicked stop.

Is this a bug or was Alt-clicking Stop removed intentionally?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There is an issue with Key Cleaner.

After Effects crashes unexpectedly after applying key cleaner weather you use Keylight or color range without a message or warning.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. select multiple renders in the queue and change all of the "Output to:" with one click, same as "output module" works

What if the sotware let us select multiple renders in the queue and change all of the "Output to:" with one click? This is how "output module" works, maybe its a good idea to aplly the same function to "Output to:".

I'm having trouble changing one by one when I render my comps again, they create new files with numbers extension. I only wanted to substitute my pre rendered files easier, like before this update.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the ability to merge separate mask paths into one

It would be wonderful to be able to take two incomplete/open paths/masks and join them into one--not in the "merge paths" way, but actually joining two paths. (This would be particularly helpful during roto when one thinks one is continuing a previous path but one has accidentally started a new path.)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug: Audio Levels are not affected by master properties

I built a video switcher comp with expressions on each layer's opacity and audio levels turning them up or down if a slider control is set to that layer's index.
    The switcher switches audio and video fine in its own comp.
    When I make the slider a master property and switch it from a parent comp, the video works fine, but the audio is stuck on whatever the switch's default setting was.

You can work around this bug by linking your switcher slider to a slider in the parent comp, but this defeats the purpose of master properties as it…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please include all editing software's feature to after effects and premier pro

it help to adobe after effect to be the most power full editing software

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please include all the feature of power point to after effects and premier pro

It will help the common people and the designer to use more feature

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can't drag in 3d space

After upgrading to AE 2020 I can't drag 3D objects on the z axis when viewing though the Active Camera. Please fix this ASAP.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Puppet Tool needs a feature that gives you the option to create a custom mesh.

For example, I'm currently animating a image where the eye is blinking. The deform feature for the Puppet tool is perfect for this, but I find that the auto mesh that it creates generates triangles that result in artifacts and are not ideal; the fix for this is just add more points. However I think it would be great to have a feature to draw your own edge loops. Say you can draw a few masks on the image for the the grid/loops, then have the tool generate a mesh based on those guides. Or say just draw one loop…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. REMOVE RAM PREVIEW AND RENDER LIKE NORMAL NLE

RAM PREVIEW IS AWFUL. I have a crazy computer build with AMD 64 core and 256GB ram... And with the footage on a m.2 it still takes forever to play back anything in real time. This is 2020 this will not work. I am thinking of switching programs and I have been using AE since 2003

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. multicore

About multicore utilization ...

• At the present moment, there are thousands of users with new and powerful multi-core CPUs with plenty of power not utilized by Adobe's programs.
      An Adobe response to the demand that Adobe focus on this issue is that "it is difficult" ...

You are a big company, you can solve it - so solve it.

Using the excuse that it is difficult to solve is just silly and provocative - you have to prioritize this issue!

I'm sure you will get incredibly positive reactions from many users if you focus on speed and core utilization in…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base