After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A new and more open color management workflow! (ACES and co. should be a friend and not a nightmare!)

The color management in AE is very special but sadly not in a positive/professional way.

We need a open and complete new color management system (also for professionals) where we can manage e.g. a linear ACES Workflow (it a standard) in a usable fashion!!! … like in every other compositing or color grading app in 2019.

I think, beside of the missing multucore rendering and the outdated „3D“ Engine that's one of the main reasons why nearly no bigger postproduction studio is using AE anymore.

So stop fixing only the little things and face the real problems of the old…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Workspace Import/Export/Sync Options

Allow workspaces to be easily imported/exported/synced without the need to manually copy/paste workspace.xml files from the preferences folder every time a new machine or install is used.

173 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Source / Masks / Effects & Masks effect option scriptable

It is possible to set and change each property of the effects with a layer selection dropdown (such as Set Matte or Compound Arithmetic) via scripting, however the selection for 'Source / Mask / Effects & Masks' is currently inaccessible (via script).

Please reveal this dropdown property to the Extendscript API for all effects with a layer selection dropdown.

Screenshot of this inaccessible dropdown is attached.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. text as an effect

an effect to create text via effect would be useful to keep your composition compact. imaging you have to create a button, you right now need at least 2 layers. 1 textlayer and 1 shapelayer.

with an text effect (like the timecode effect)
    you would only need 1 layer.

But the effect should respect the layers coordinates,
    not like the timecode effect, which ignores them.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Expression pickwhip to Checkbox

pickwhipping to a checkbox
    should automatically write

.value

at the end of the expression

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. expression pickwhipping a checkbox bug

Using german version of AE:

When pickwipping an expression to an
    "expression_control > checkbox"
    (in german "Kontrollkästchen"),

the cursor is not at the end of the expression.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AE2020 older project with Warp Stabilizer

AE2020 appears to have a bug when opening project with footage that has Warp Stabilizer applied. Windows 10, Nvidia RTX2060.

Steps to reproduce: In AE2019 create comp, import *.mov ProRes422, apply Warp Stablizer, save project. Close 2019, open project in 2020, RAM preview is broken.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. CRASH: Changing font (Version 16.1.3)

After Effect v. 16.1.3

When I double click the text that I want to edit and go to the fonts dropdown to change the font. It opens normally, like it should.However, as soon as I press an arrow key on my keyboard to navigate through the list.. it immediately crashes.

This is very annoying as it happend a few times now which results in losing some progress over and over again.

I'll stay away from the arrow keys until its fixed ;)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. .mogrt support in Libraries

Seems .mogrt files are not supported in Libraries. When will this be available? It's an option when exporting from AE but they don't show up. When trying to manually import into a Library I get the attached error message.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. waveform

Whenever Waveform is on screen Timeline is impossibly sluggish. This makes it **** working with VO. Please fix.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. bug fix / GPU problems

AE 2020 has playback issues with final quality mode when using GPU acceleration. You have to view in preview mode or turn GPU off for smooth playback. There are several complaints in the forums already. I am on a PC with Nvidia RTX cuadro. Needs fixing....

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AE2020 Crush when opening project or importing file

Weird phenomenon - projects that open with no problem in version 2019 - crashes in version 2020. These are very simple projects. On the Mac they open in 2020, on the PC they don't. I tried to reinstall the software with no external plugins and didn't help. I tried to create a light version of the projects - just one composition - with just one layer of photoshop - still didn't help. Again - this is about a variety of projects, with different sources. i attach a screen pic of the project in AE19 that not open in AE2020. and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Warn the user if looping frames are not lined up correctly...

I create a lot of looping animations. Loops only work if the last frame is lined up perfectly with the first frame so that it can play through seamlessly. Could you provide a warning prior to rendering to let the user know if the loops are not lined up? Thanks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bulk rename layers

Example: You select 5 layers and hit "enter." One of the names highlights and you rename to "NewName" and hit enter again. All five layers get the new name and are already iterated.

NewName_1, NewName_2, etc.,

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tapered Strokes

And generally more interoperability with Illustrator and support for the SVG standard

246 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Font Search Causes Crash

When searching for a font by typing it into the font search bar I can type SE but as soon as I type A it crashes, every time.

I am on Windows 10 Pro 1903 & After Effects version 17.0.0

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3d Point Control

Point Control seems to be only 2d. I need it in 3d. Why not take the number of dimensions from the Layer it is applied to?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I can't save with After effects 2020.

When I save, I have an error message : "Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier en écriture" (see capture below). I had to install 2019 again...
    Is this a known issue ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug: After Effects 2020 crashes on preview

After a short work, when I do a preview, the ae2020 stops working and crashes. it happens all the time

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Frame by Frame in AE!

I was thinking about making frame by frame on AE, I tried using Paint and Stick, but at work it was quite slow, lag => I didn't like it! I have thought of one way to work both software at the same time as AE and Photoshop, but it came up with one thing: I have a 3-layer psd file, import into AE into each layer, then, I create 1 4th layer in PTS, paint on it and save, but in AE do not create that 4th layer! I know this is impossible! But do you think there is a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base