After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Screen glitching when RAM previewing (22.0.1)

Since updating to AE 2022, my screen keeps glitching when I'm doing RAM previews. See attached screenshot. I've cleared my cache, restarted, and even tried turning off MFR. It renders fine, but is causing issues and preventing me from properly seeing how my comps look. I just updated from 22.0 to 22.0.1 and the problem is still persisting. Any thoughts?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rotobrush 2.0

The new Rotobrush 2.0 does improve the spline you draw or brush to outline what you need to separate from the background. However, in the latest updates, the propagation and freeze steps hang up on long frame scenes. After much searching on the forums other users have found we need to uninstall the updates for After Effects and go back to 18.1. I just did that and now Rotobrush 2.0 is performing naturally!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow access to Source Text / Value

I remember that some versions ago we could access the 'value' of Source Text via the context menu. But it is grey now, which makes it hard to edit empty text objects (i.e. when those were drive by an expression, but now need to be edited manually). Clicking in the canvas is no serious and reliable option, when the Text Layer already exists.
    Please make this value accessible again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Possible memory leak 2022?

After finishing work in AE, I cleared project. I did not close after effects. After several days I returned and AE is now grown to nearly 87GB of memory. It was nowhere near this before I cleared project.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shader Toy and Timeline implementation in Element 3D possible

I would like to see Shader Toy a well known WebGL shader sharing inside element 3D, I have seen pixels world plugin which does the same.

Also i would want Timeline and keyframing inside element 3D UI for all objects.Just like small 3D software like c4d.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multi frame rendering having trouble with cached frames

Hi
    this already happened a couple of times.
    I leave the comp for some time - the bg mfr rendering kikcs in - the green cache bar fills up.
    When it's done i go to the beginning of the comp hit Space (or 0 - doesn't seem to matter) and the playback starts properly in the native project framerate.
    Suddenly at some point of the timeline playback stops, and it seems these frames get rendered again - they are still cached - green bar and everything - but the CTI seems to go as if it's rendering one by one.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. camera tracker

Camera Tracker - turn of/on automatic solve
    create a way to turn on/of the resolve camera. when deleting multiple points in time, it takes to long because of the automatic solve update.
    if its possible to select all the points, delete them, and then solve camera at will, it will be great. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. No more ugly splash screens please.

Whe we launch After Effects, it could be great if the splash screen would be:

• Beautiful
    • Inspiring
    • In relation with After Effects, somehow.

We're not just users, we're also artists, and our environment is very important to our creativity, we're always looking for new stuff, for inspiration.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug Report: AE Spot Lights and Null objects

Pickwhiping a (Spot Lights) 'Point of Interest' to a 'Null' object fails to attach said value as moving the Null no longer affects the position of 'Point of Interest'.

This bug was introduced in a (CC 2020) update and continues to persist into the current version of CC 2020 and later versions of After Effects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. AE 2021 preserve RGB interpret footage issue

I see this has been reported before but still not fixed.

AE 2021 is changing the footage interpretation on quicktime files(could also be all files). I have preserve RGB box checked on a quicktime file in AE 2020. I open the same AE file in AE 2021 and the box is now unchecked.

I tested this on multiple quciktime files and the issue persists. This is a big issue as the AE project files will be used by multiple artists and the look is changing dramatically when that box is unchecked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Everything disappears from view at certain comp sizes

I'm experiencing a strange bug. At certain comp sizes, everything disappears from view. I have a project that needs to be 768x192, but nothing shows up at this size (though at 769x192, it's magically fine). Does anyone else have the same issue? Is there any way to fix this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. M1 MAX Mac book pro issues selecting drop down menu tabs on layers.

I've recorded a screen grab of what's happening.

https://youtu.be/j0c3ePxwz8w

This is the latest version of AE running on a 12.0.1 16" 32GB MacBook Pro M1 Max. I thought I was crazy, so I used my mouse, then the touchpad, and when I click, nothing appears, then it vanishes before I can select what I want. Kind of a show stopper there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Time Stretch using expressions

I'm looking for a way to edit the Layer Time Stretch value using expressions.
    It's easy to get the value, but couldn't find a way to edit it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BRING BACK THE LIGHT THEME UI

Please bring back the option to choose the type of theme we want to use in the UI, the dark theme makes it very hard to use in the daytime, and personally, it makes my vision hurt after a couple of hours of work.
    I just know a lot of people think the same as me, please do it, after all the option had been in the software for years before.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Warp stabilizer Dynamic link

Recently I had to import a lot of edits from PR to AE, If you stabilized the footage in PR, somehow in AE it doesn't want to work when the warp stabilizer analyzes the footage nothing happens. you have to remove it and apply AE warp stabilizer. :/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Open in Essential Graphics from Comp window

I love that you can right click on a Comp in the project window and "Open this Comp in Essential Graphics" Most of the work we do happens in the Comp window, would be nice to have that option also available from there so you don't have to find your comp in the project window or in the crazy complicated Primary drop down menu in the Essential Graphics window.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Update for preview bug when at aspect ratio 6x pixels in height

I am not the only one who is experiencing this. In version 18.4.1 of AE when you make a comp height size 64 pixels the comp goes black. No matter what you try it goes black. I installed an older version 17.5.0 and it works fine as it should. This has wasted so much of my time on a paid job for which I had to create a comp at 960x64 and it would not let me. What is worse is your so-called Technical experts told me that some ratios were not possible which was a lie as he didn;t…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. keyframes valuechange

please indicate if there is a valuechange between keyframes.

If there is no value change, use a dashed line.
    If there is a change, use a solid line.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please give Shapelayers a proper UI

We desperately need a proper, accessible UI for Shapelayers.

Shapelayers are such an essential basic tool for every Motion Designer, but the handling is a shere nightmare.

Having to go through 4 (!) dropdowns in the cryptic layer settings to simply edit a path or grab a point is no way to work. Seriously!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Warp Stabilizer does not exceed Frame 0 when analyzing

Hi!
    I discovered a major bug in After Effects CC21 and CC22: At certain clips the warp stabilizer starts analyzing but gets stuck at Frame 0. When I then hit the cancelling button and want to close AE, After Effects freezes. The strange thing is, that it always happens on the same clip. I've seen this happening on a lot of clips so far. On other clips the warp stabilizer works just fine. Here are some things I tried, which did not solve the problem:
    + Restart After Effects
    + Restart the computer
    + Uninstall and reinstall After Effects
    +…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base