After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't select ColorProfile from importet ProRes Files

In the newest AfterEffects Version (17.1.2) you cannot change the ColorProfile of an imported ProRes4444 File, resulting in a unwanted color shift. ( I am using ProRes4444 Renderings as Prerender-Files and always changed the Profile from Rec709 to sRGB) I am in general working in a linearized sRGB worflow.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dynamic Link After Effects projects within After Effects projects

When transitions between scenes are more complex using Premiere to dynamic link AE comps isn't an option. Being able to dynamic link .aep files within .aep files would allow multiple users to work simultaneously on different precomps while not disturbing or overwriting the master comp.

When we're up against deadlines we need 2-3 animators working at the same time. It would save a lot of time not to collect a comp work on it, bring it back in and replace the old one or simply waiting for one animator to finish their task before another can open the file and…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Colorama color panel update please !?!?!?

Colorama is so powerful; but the color picker suck.
    Just use the same picker as the rest of the Program, PLEASE.

Why this color picker from the 80's, for a such a great effect?

Also, we should be able to see live update in the composition panel

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Folders

ist not the first request of this kind, but i still miss folders in the comp/timeline window for more comfort. it not always make sense to have something in a pre comp – especially when its animated – and to jump back and forth to adjust keyframes. it would be so great to have it all in one comp and just pack layers into folders and giving them a mask too. the set mask option does not compensate the miss of folders with masks – just think of a photoshop without folders for big composition jobs – unthinkable today :…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Group and color code effects in Effect Control panel

It would be helpful to be able to group and color code effects in Effect Controls panel. I often end up with 10 or more effects in the comp control layer and it becomes tedious and difficult visually to find the one I'm after (see attached screenshot). It would be incredibly convenient to be able to create groups like is possible in shape layers, and the ability to color code like we can with layers would also be helpful. It's possible to code and rename effects into groups when making a preset (like in attached screenshot), but this is impractical…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import AI to AE: AI Layers to Precomps

For rigging and organization purposes, importing should be more tight. I guess every program in Suite can be integrated properly.

When you "export as" ai to psd, for instance, you find every path created on illustrator in a folder/subfolder inside the layers tab on photoshop.

This could be really useful if you prepare a tons of bones and parts in a rig workflow inside illustrator and try to import this project inside after effects.

In a nutshell, you should be able to import AI layers in After effects as precomps.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug: Audio Levels are not affected by master properties

I built a video switcher comp with expressions on each layer's opacity and audio levels turning them up or down if a slider control is set to that layer's index.
    The switcher switches audio and video fine in its own comp.
    When I make the slider a master property and switch it from a parent comp, the video works fine, but the audio is stuck on whatever the switch's default setting was.

You can work around this bug by linking your switcher slider to a slider in the parent comp, but this defeats the purpose of master properties as it…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Master Properties Bug

I have a character rig setup with Master Properties. The hands use a drop-down-menu control to switch between hand poses. If I try to add a new pose to the drop-down-menu, After Effects goes unresponsive for a few seconds, and then all of the keyframes are gone from all of the channels on that layer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Newer versions of After Effects 2020 read Prores files wrong

The way After Effects 2020 reads prores colors is very different between its first few versions, next to the several new ones.

This is very obvious on Prores+Alpha footage and must be fixed. You can easily see the problems when comparing the same footage between After Effects and Premiere. Where Premiere reads the files correctly and AE does not!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug in comp.exportAsMotionGraphicsTemplate() when exporting Motion Graphics Templates from ExtendScript in AE 2020

I need to make an automated workflow for versioning motion graphics templates and exporting .mogrt files. I've implemented a .jsx script to do so.

However, when exporting via script using exportAsMotionGraphicsTemplate, the exported .mogrt files loose some properties in their embedded deifnition.json files - they miss eg. default values, default text strings and their menu options arrays are empty.

This means they are not working in Premiere, where the result is empty dropdown menus and text inputs that reset to empty and will only send empty strings to the template regardless of user input.

Attached is a zip file with…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add effects to better handle 3d passes

with the upgrade of the EXR workflow inside AE it is easyer than ever to do 3d compositing inside AE. But there is a lack of native tools to do so.
    First of all the camera blur is slow, doesn't handle the aliased problems in the zdepth very well and doesn't produce a convincing photorealist blur...
    Next the pixel motion blur was a great addition when it was promoted a few years ago but it would have been great to be able to feed it with a motion vector pass coming from the 3d render to be able to produce…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I can't double click and edit key frames anymore.

I can't double click and edit key frames anymore.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Render to .mp4 format

I'd like to be able to render my 40 second AE video to a file size less than 10 Gigs. I'm not kidding and honestly I'm ****** off that I'm here on this page right now trying to figure out why 16 gig of available hard drive space isn't enough to write a 40 second video. Adobe, seriously, wtf? By the way, rendering via Media Encoder doesn't work either. The required plug-in is no where to be found. Some error message pops up - WHY?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Master Properties connections as a viewing option to the Composition Flowchart

Composition Flowchart isn't used much by most but I think a KILLER addition to it would be the ability to see Master Properties connections in a nodal view.

I'd be thrilled to see all the places my MP's are piped into and what the flow is. It would really help when opening up someone else's file to get a quick understanding to how Master Properties are being used!

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Flowchart - why does it exist

WHY IS THIS STILL HERE - if it has a purpose, please do a tutorial explaining why this has been getting in my way for over 10 years.

please make a preference check box to disable it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. multicore

About multicore utilization ...

• At the present moment, there are thousands of users with new and powerful multi-core CPUs with plenty of power not utilized by Adobe's programs.
      An Adobe response to the demand that Adobe focus on this issue is that "it is difficult" ...

You are a big company, you can solve it - so solve it.

Using the excuse that it is difficult to solve is just silly and provocative - you have to prioritize this issue!

I'm sure you will get incredibly positive reactions from many users if you focus on speed and core utilization in…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Time Remapping doesn't seem to function properly when used with EXR sequences

Enable Time Remapping doesn't seem to function properly when used with EXR sequences. I rendered a multi-pass EXR sequence from C4D and split it up using ProEXR from fnord. However, in order to save time, I only rendered the frames that had animation on them, figuring I could time remap it in AE to add handles to the beginning and end. Usually, the workflow is to move one frame back set a new key, delete the final time remap key and extend the ending layer. This doesn't work, everything afterwards just shows up black. As a workaround I've had to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Be able to put JPGfiles exported from illustrator as range artboards.

Be able to put JPGfiles exported from illustrator as range artboards.Cause actually If you do that it only reads 1 image, like they were all the same, and they are not.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Dual-monitor setup now needs extra click when switching windows in 2020

I am on AE 2020 on Mac OSX 10.13.6.
    I have a dual screen setup where my composition is on one monitor and my timeline is on another monitor. If I select a tool (like the mask tool) on the timeline monitor, I have to first click to 'activate' the composition window on the second monitor, and THEN start drawing a mask. I shouldn't need an extra click unless my switching between different software.

I want there to not be a extra click to activate different parts of the same program. It messes up my work, when I don't realize…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base