After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for scripts to access After Effects Color picker

Writing scripts for after effects is fun as well as frustrating, but scripts allow for the community to bring features to After effects to ease workflow processes.
    And I think adding the possibility to access After effects native color picker would open up a great amount of potentials for scripts.

Currently we have to adress OS native color pickers which from my experience doesn't match colors with AE.

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Onion Skin

You propably have people asking you that, but it would be just great to have a Onion Skin function at the Ae, so we could see some of the frames/keyframes before or even after. That could help a lot while doing some animation, effects and I think everything, couse you have a more wide view of what you are doing without needing a pre render

122 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug report: Audio replacement/ mp3 support

Upon importing audio with same filename the preview in AE (even after cache is purged) will play old audio. Rendering in ME produces the correct audio.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to read and use the "curve length" of a "Path", through expressions

It would be great if we could use a ("read only") path object's new method that would output the curve length (or arc length) in expressions ;
    We could use this to compute precise arc lenghts, for example to estimate a "wheel" rotation along a path !

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. After Effects regularly missing keystrokes

After Effects is regularly missing keystrokes. I have tried to type slower, give the system time to catch up, and when I'm typing text in a composition it just randomly does not register keys. Occasionally it happens when I'm typing values into a panel (Setting font size to 150 and it will miss a number so it will be 10 or 15 or 50). This only seems to occur regularly in AE 2020. This is creating huge problems with clients on larger text blocks because AE is introducing typos because of this bug.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can you create a simpler way to loop a layer.

The current method seems unnecessarily complicated and annoying.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keymix Plugin à la Nuke

Essential keying workflow tool. Would be awesome to have that without jumping through sub-comp hoops:

https://learn.foundry.com/nuke/content/referenceguide/mergenodes/keymix.html

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hi Feature request please. We need some way of dropping files from the desktop into After Effects or Photoshop etc. without having to open a

Hi Feature request please. We need some way of dropping files from the desktop into After Effects or Photoshop etc. without having to open a file browser or switch between windows, if there was a key command that could bring up items on the desktop or any other location we could quickly get access to a floating window to cycle through our chosen destination. Sometimes (most of the time) I have 3 or 4 programs open and 2 web browsers and lots of stuff going on and it is not quick to get to the desktop. Also it takes times…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Proxy Effects or adding "render only" option to heavy intense effects

Some effects like camera lens blur are computationally expensive. It would be great to be able to have a proxy effects such as Gaussian blur during previews, but at render time turn off Gaussian blur and turn on camera lens blur. Or perhaps have a setting that only turns it on at render time. I imagine it could be a drop down that says "off until render." I know I can turn off all effects on a layer or composition, but then I have to remember to turn them on before rendering.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. bug report: add to media encoder queue is broken

On After Effects 2020 when I tried to send my compositions to Media Encoder Queue, Media Encoder started and opened but nothing was added to the queue list. I tested this several times with different projects and several compositions.
    I also tested sending Premiere Pro 2020 sequences to Media Encoder Queue and everything worked fine - so my conclusion is that something in Dynamic Link from After Effects is broken.
    I'm working on a MacBook pro 2018 on iOS Catalina.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to pin chosen layers always at the top of timeline panel

Would be great to be able to choose whether a layer could always stay on top or not.

For example a camera. Every time I add layers the camera slowly goes down in the stack and I have every time to drag it on the top cos I need to see its keyframing obviously.

Same for Audio File. I know I can put Markers but in some cases I need to see the waveform as I am doing very specific timed animation.

Same for Guide layers. Why they don't stay always on top as I need those to guide my…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Deadline Render Failing - Error: 0xc000a000 (-1073700864)

I've been having serious issues rendering After Effects through deadline/commandline for the last few weeks. Sometimes it works fine for an hour or so, and then jobs start failing all over the place.

My theory is that it's to do with running multiple instances or the render simultaneously, but I've never had issues with this before.

This is the main error message:

CryptVerifySignature failed

Error: 0xc000a000 (-1073700864)

Occasionally it's this one:

CryptVerifySignature failed

Error: 0xc000a000 (-1073700864)

Using DXGI: Device: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080" has dedicated video RAM (MB): 7920

ERROR *** IVCAutoReleasePool: Object 0000000024277A20 of class vcfoundation::data::DataWrapper autoreleased with no…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 4K

I have worked with AE since version 3, so I am used to it's idiosyncrasies. Lately it was pretty stable but now I am getting requests from clients for a lot of 4K work and we're back to memory crashes and frequent restarts. So as in the past, the software is still behind hardware in speed and efficiency. That said, I am in no mood to switch to something else and there are a lot of pretty good things I still like about AE. But I'm hoping you guys are working as ******* basic stability and efficiency and speed fixes…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. RAM Preview Broken

In the latest update, RAM preview is broken. It will cache frames but never finish or get stuck locking existing frame. even when cached, playback is not working. I have to scrub everything right now. I've reset the RAM preview pane state but same results.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Don't Auto-Select the Expression Auto-Fill

When you start typing an expression and the Auto Fill pops up it also Auto Selects it so when you just want to press enter to close the expression it actually auto-fills and closes it at the same time. This is rage inducing. (just sayin). Please don't auto select the auto fill.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ブロックノイズの混入をなんとかしてほしい

最近動画素材を読み込むと元の動画には問題ないのにも関わらず致命的なレベルのブロックノイズが混入する。
    また、同じく元の素材に問題はないのに動画素材の再生だけが停止するのも頻発している。
    素材のファイル形式がMOV、MP4でよく起きる。
    少し前から頻繁に起きるようになった。
    素材を普通に入れ直してもダメ、素材をDLやり直して名前を変えてもう一度読み込んでもダメ。
    お願いですからなんとかしてください。

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Feature request! Batch select markers on the same layer.

Hi! I know that you can batch select all the markers on a layer at once to move them, but it would be great to select just some. Like if there are five markers, you can select three of them and move them forward to they don't lose their relative position to each other. You've probably heard this one before, but I'd love to be able to do that!

Edit to add: And if you could "compress" selected markers together relative to each other like you can by holding "option" with selected keyframes, that would be cool too!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Saving images in 150 dpi

I have image with 150 dpi quality and want to do do some post processing in AE. But unfortunatly AE do not support 150 dpi only 72. And a lot of cool things that can be done i should do manually in Photoshop. In AE it could be much faster and easier.

Can it be possible to handle 150 DPI quality (or higher) for images in AE?
    Thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. after effect 2020 not working at all

I have been working on After Effect for many years since variation 3.1. I've never come across such a thing. Projects that open without problems in version 2019 cannot open at all in version 2020. When I open a project - The process then begins and then the program collapses. I've done tests and prepared only one-layer projects in version 19 - and those didn't open in version 2020 either

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. save as file name error

When I do "Save as", the file name comes up in some encrypted font of random numbers/letters

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base