After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG REPORT: preview playback will not stop

When playing preview by pressing the spacebar or using the preview panel it does not stop by pressing the spacebar again and the interface is unresponsive. (CC 20 - v17.0)

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resolve Typekit Conflicts with Installed fonts

BUG: Installed fonts conflict with typekit fonts

Issue --
    • Proxima nova family fonts installed (sans Medium)
    • Typekit fonts installed creates conflict where only limited weights are available from the family list. Typekit overwrites installed fonts on list and matching installed/typekit names appear to disappear altogether.

For us -- many of our clients use Motion for FCPX to edit and Motion does not see typekit fonts at all, so hardcopies must be installed on all edit machines but then in doing so -- AE has conflict with generation of the available typeface list.

I described the incident in more…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. An auto suggestion for which rendering method would be fastest based on system and project

Since the interplay between CPU, GPU and RAM is ever-changing between projects dependent on effects, footage, etc... It would AMAZING if there was an algorithm that would tell use which method would render fastest based on the specific project and system resources available.

i.e. project contains h.264 footage, shape layers, and GPU accelerated effects = PNG sequence from the Render Queue would be fastest.

OR

project would benefit from being sent to Media Encoder and GPU Metal pipeline.

Since there is some kind of magic that we don't really know how After Effects utilitzes system resources, it would be great…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow .mogrt files to export with adjustment layers to affect video clips in Premiere.

I use a lot of the same graphics for multiple "Projects" and wanted to create a template in After Effects for consistency and lessen the workload. But It part of that graphic is to turn part of the video clip black and white I need to use an Adjustment Layer. Allowing Adjustment Layers to port over with .mogrt files would make things much easier for me and I'm guessing others as well.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. masks don't live update while effects are applied

When you're animating a mask on a layer that has effects applied, the mask doesn't update live. You have to purge the memory or disable all the effects on the mask in order to be able to see the updated layer.
    We need to see the mask updated even with effects applied.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. duplicate layers below

it would be nice to have the option to duplicate layers below the source layer. Maybe via a shortcut, like "command + control + D".

It's handy when using a bunch of "index - 1" expressions

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [BUG + FIX] Commands being removed from keyboard shortcut editor

BUG: Occasionally unbinding commands with the in-app keyboard editor will remove the command as an option entirely from the keyboard editor for that specific .txt file. From my understanding, when this bug occurs, the command line in question is purged from the .txt file and therefore cannot be assigned in-app.

FIX: Opening up another .txt without the missing command line, and copying and pasting it, in order, with all formatting considerations applied will bring the keybind back into the app.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Guide layer within Shape layers

There are times when I want to have guide layers within shape layers.

While you are upgrading shape layers (I'm just assuming you are, because it really is one of the most important systems in AE, and it hasn't received any love for a long time)
    How about a way to turn a group or element inside of shapes as a guide layer. so when you render it is not visible. It would be great to create on screen controls for rigs.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. AE CC 2019 keeps crashing

I didn't experience any immediate problems after updating to the new version, and I was actually excited about it. However, today the problems started. I was masking a layer, when all of a sudden AE crashed and I got this error on my screen "<140735526355840> <BEE_MiscTasks> <5> Set Artisan Task: Classic 3D". Tried googling but couldn't really find a solution for this specific problem. Running AE on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Mid-2015) with OS High Sierra 10.13.6. Now, when I try to open the project the app keeps freezing.

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Its 2019 about time we had a native edge blur tool.

Need a native edge blur tool similar or better to the key correct suite by RG.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Composition name Dynamic Link

If I change the name of a a composition in After Effects that I got from Premiere via Dynamic Link, the name will not transfer into Premiere. Instead Premiere still shows the old name which results in confusions on whether its the right composition your editing and more. Also I can imagine that there could be problems reopening the Premiere project so that it will not find the AE comp because of the changed name.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to be able to divide the position of the transform of the effect into dimensions

I want to be able to divide the position of the transform of the effect into dimensions.

Because the expression of animation of keyword spreads

エフェクトのトランスフォームの位置を次元分割できるようにしてほしい。速度グラフでの表現の幅が広がる為。

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Higher maximum zoom for large compositions

I work with very high resolutions and in most my projects I can't zoom in beyond 200%

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please please please multi-thread your effects such as warp stabilizer.

6 hours for a 5 min 1080p file on a 24 core workstation system is unacceptable for a program designed to be professional.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Control timeline properties from the effects panel - Effects panel to Properties panel

Camera layers, Lights, Sound, these layers will never have effects applied to them, why would we display an empty effects panel and waste AE screen real-estate, while it could be the perfect place to control the properties for these layers?

Think about other properties like shape layers for example and how easy it would be to just control their properties in the effect/properties panel!

Here is how that could work: http://www.sandervandijk.tv/after-effects-features/effects#property-controls

271 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. string memory leak

Everytime I close after effects, I get a Sting Memory Leak error. I've seen others post it but not how to fix it. Only suggestions to log the bug.

This is with version 16.1.2

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Display Shape Layers Paths in Wireframe Mode

When animating character rigs made up of Shape Layers, it's often laggy to work with since multiple Shape Layers are somewhat heavy to process.

Therefore it would be really useful to be able to display a crude version of the paths in Wireframe Mode (Fast Preview display mode).

The mode only shows Shape Layers as squares as of today.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Scripting Access to Text Properties of Individual Letters

If a text has multiple fonts, font sizes, colors, scripts can currently only see those properties for the very first character.

This means scripts like my TextExploder (https://aescripts.com/textexploder/ ) or Text2Spreadsheet (https://aescripts.com/text2spreadsheet/) cannot preserve the text formatting properly, if the text has multiple styles.

Instead of providing a single value for the text properties, Ae should provide scripts an array of style ranges. The XD scripting API does this and is a good example of how it can be done.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Live Update in several viewers at the same time

Nowadays, lots of softwares, even CG ones have this feature. Let's say I have two viewers, one with the general scene and next to it, another comp viwer with the character rig.

It would be super useful that I can see changes in both viewers while dragging mouse, not only in the active view. This way workflow would be pretty much faster.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Optimize UI performance on 4k screens

UI was working fine and smooth using 1920x1080, but since the day I work with a 4k monitor it is terribly slow. I had to tweak some windows settings to get better performance, but this makes the UI look blurry... so either an awfully slow UI or a blurry UI...

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base