After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Time delay in Shape layer Repeater Properties

As rotation, postion and opacity... time (in frame) should be a variable that we should be able to work with.

Should also be affected by the Offset

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AE Comp window freezing / crashing with RAM

Running latest version of AE (18.4.1 Build 4) on a Windows laptop
    16gb RAM
    8gb GPU

When running after effects I can have a simple scene set up just a shape layer with wiggle on the position and an adjustment layer with any effect, wave warp for example, and after RAM previewing a few seconds the memory will fill up and the Comp window will freeze on the frame it's on. I can select anything/type/make changes in the other windows but nothing can be selected in the comp window. I have to restart the program to do anything but it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Maintain Footage RGB Interpretation Settings Through Software Updates

Every time CC updates After Effects, it resets my footage color interpretation settings.

I use OpenColorIO and often have my color workspace set to "ACES Academy Color Encoding Specification SMPTE ST"

In order so see the proper color, I must interpret all my footage with the box checked: "Preserve RGB (Disable color management conversions for this item)". The files I often work with are typically Quicktime Prores 4444 movs.

After CC updates to After Effects, I must consistently go through and re-check this box for all my footage. I'm able to somewhat speed up the process using the "remember" and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please bring back some way of profiling composition performance.

I love the new multi-frame render, but on the way, the old data After Effects showed, where you could see on one frame, the heaviest effects and processes so you could optimize is gone. If you could bring it back, or better yet, have a way to assess performance of effects and layers in a visual way, that would be amazing. I mean this data:

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. CCXProcess Crashes

After Effects and now Media Encoder have been crashing my whole Mac OS and according to the crash reports Adobe_CCXProcess.node is the culprit. This has only been happening in the last week.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Nicer Windows 10 system-toolbar frame

Can we get same top frame of window system toolbar as Photoshop have? In one line and with customizable colors?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. After Effects 17.5 Separate 3D Gizmo and the Bounding Box in the 'Handles' option for 'View Options'

We often use Cyclops in order to create behind the scenes breakdowns of our shots. However with the new 3D Gizmo, it's not possible to show bounding boxes of different layers without also having a giant brightly colored 3D Gizmo on every layer as well.

Behind the Scenes footage is a backbone of our studio workflow, so it's a bummer that we won't be able to update and utilize the 3D tools while this is a thing.

At the very least maybe have options for Gizmo size/opacity, something to make it less in your face.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PPro throws error message when importing an AeMoGRT (... "corrupt metadata" ...)

The full error messages reads as follows -
    "The Motion Graphics Template has corrupt metadata and cannot be installed".

Is it possible to refresh the metadata in AE?

I have about 200 props in the EGP and will rather not have to rebuild the entire EGP again; especially when there's possibility of another breakdown.

Restarting AE didn't help. Importing the AEP into a blank AEP didn't help. Renaming the Comp didn't help.

A very strong possibility of this metadata mess seems to manifests itself with props in the EGP disappearing. They're still there since trying to re-populate the EGP with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. AE Crashes for some users during use of the tool FreqReact

This is a repost. Last time I posted, I was told that the newest update (v18) would fix this problem. I've had multiple users confirm that updating did not fix it. I'm really hoping someone can help.

I'm pretty desperate for some insight on a problem that's been plaguing my tool FreqReact for a while now. For some users, After Effects fully crashes when they enter in to what I call the 'Spectrum View' (which is where they would select frequencies in the music that they want to react to.) It's been impossible to diagnose as it's a very difficult…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Exporting in AE Needs to Have Way Better GPU Acceleration

Exporting in After Effects or In Media Encoder (From AE) Needs to Have Way Better GPU Acceleration like in the Premiere Update (when using H.254, HEVEC H.265 or Mov) that uses up to %100 percent of the GPU

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BRING BACK THE TIMELINE BUTTON!!!

When working with multiple windows, the timeline button is essential. Why Adobe decides to remove it without any workaround. What improvement?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix this! After effects 2021 can no longer read image sequences from network drives

in the latest AE 2021 when trying to read image sequences from a network drive I get this error. This works fine in AE 2020, or if I copy the same sequence to a local drive. Must be a bug, so I hope Adobe can fix this or provide a solution.

After Effects error: Can’t import as a sequence. Found no matches for the selected file name.

( 39 :: 44 )

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/after-effects-error-can-t-import-as-a-sequence-found-no-matches-for-the-selected-file-name/m-p/10986538#M106354

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. illustrator import 10% size bug

After exporting a multiple-art board illustrator file to individual illustrator files, the new files import to after effects at 10% of the correct size.

It is the exact same issue as described in detail here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/illustrator-files-importing-at-10-size/td-p/11464768

There would appear to be a problem with exporting from large-sized canvas to individual artboards, which can't be corrected from within illustrator. Currently the only fix would appear to be copying and pasting the contents of the illustrator document to a new file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unsupported Video Driver Error on Startup

My laptop have Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 & Nvidia GeForce 940m, when I open Adobe After Effects it shows unsupported Video Driver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BUG: Incorrect change of Scale ratio when one value is negative

When two layers' Scales are manipulated, and one of those has a negative x or y value, the Scaling is not correct.
    See the movie for the behaviour: see how 80,80 is manipulated in de upper layer, and what happens to 80,-80 in the third layer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. KBar does not work in the AE Beta (18.X)

I live and die by KBar and it doesn't work in the recent beta of After Effects (18.4+).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adjust text box sizing within Essential Graphics

Not sure if this is possible, but if there's a way to parent the text box to nulls like recently applied to shape paths, it would be nice to be able to control the width and height of a text box through essential graphics.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to paste Position keyframe data to shape groups

If I have a 2D layer I see it’s Transform>Position as two values. I don’t know that there is a hidden Z value. I don’t understand why I cannot copy keyframes from this property and paste them to a shape layer’s Group>Transform>Position property. After Effects should intelligently paste the X and Y Position values to my shape group.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base