After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. After Effects effects previewer UI

A UI of your effects that allows you to layer effects in a previewer to see the results before applying. This would be especially effective if you have a lot of effects and not sure what they all do.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DXV and HAP encoding!!!!!

Why would you get rid of the ability to use and encode to DXV and Hap Codecs, seriously why?? Both these codecs are so widely used with Media Servers for Live events, Concerts, Touring, Multimedia performances and Installations. As they are very efficient for playback systems. I’ve been an Adobe user for over 20 years, after effects, premier and photoshop have been important tools in my work flow. But I’m seriously looking into alternatives, because of the lack of support for these codecs. The live event world has very demanding deadlines and by no longer supporting theses codecs my turn…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Optimize UI performance on 4k screens

UI was working fine and smooth using 1920x1080, but since the day I work with a 4k monitor it is terribly slow. I had to tweak some windows settings to get better performance, but this makes the UI look blurry... so either an awfully slow UI or a blurry UI...

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Parenting Masks to Null objects to inherit position data.

The reshape tool would become way more helpful with digital beauty work if AE had a way to parent Masks to a Null object that received tracking data from Mocha.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CC20 complaining on "missing data" 33 § 4, CC19 does not.

Two project files I created on CC19 this week and continued to work on in CC20 are unreadable after saving and re-opening. On CC20 the error is 33 § 4 (Missing Data). This also applies to the render process in AME which can't start.

The same file opens correctly on CC20 in OSX and CC19 on Windows as well.

Other files created in CC20 are opened without any issues.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove keybind restrictions

Certain custom keyboard shortcuts cannot be customized. For example, I want to remap the Selection tool to the "A" key. After Effects does not allow this to happen.

I am able to make this change in Premiere Pro and Photoshop, and would appreciate if the same can be done in After Effects by removing these restrictions.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After Effects doesn't properly support SWF import from Adobe Animate

This would be a great feature but it doesn't work very well! Advanced layers don't work properly, some types of easing don't display correctly, and nested/masked layers don't display correctly (see attached screenshot).

Please implement it properly!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Warp stabilizer 2D points exportable as nulls or solids, like in 3D Camera Tracker

Make Warp stabilizer 2D points exportable as nulls or solids, like in 3D Camera Tracker. Make AE warp stabilizer become a planar tracker.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Preview with alpha background

Hello,

In the After Effects composition settings, it is not possible to have an alpha background. Example in attachment.
    I would like to have this feature to launch a preview with alpha.
    An alpha preview, would play the alpha on a video device that works in compositing. Example in attachment.

thanks you for attention.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove unused footage feature without removing folders

Hi there,

I would like to see the "remove unused footage" feature extended with an option to not delete folders. Since I'm using a certain structure of folders in my projects, I would like an option to clean them of unused footage (for performance / overview reasons) while maintaining my normal folder structure.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Lock layers together in the timeline.

It'd be great if there was a way to lock layers together in the timeline. There is often, if one layer needs to be moved in time a bunch of others need to be moved. Being able to just click on one of the grouped layers in the time to move would be way faster.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug report

Bug report. When opening projects created in previous versions and the re-saved in 17.0.1, receive error message "After Effects Error: missing data in file. (33::4)". Only solution is to revert to 17.0.0.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Shift Add Transform Property

I would love it if when I press SHIFT (ANYTHING) to a nothing-exposed layer, the selection I choose (Effects, Position, Rotation, etc..) is twirled down. Currently the only way to do this is to REMOVE the SHIFT modifier and just press E, or T, or P, or R, etc... Muscle memory has me always thinking SHIFT should ADD (make visible) the value I'm interested in

If I select a layer that has (for example) Position twirled down or expanded, and then press SHIFT 'R' ... Rotation is added to the twirled down/explanded list of Transforms. SHIFT 'T' to this list…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Proxy Effects or adding "render only" option to heavy intense effects

Some effects like camera lens blur are computationally expensive. It would be great to be able to have a proxy effects such as Gaussian blur during previews, but at render time turn off Gaussian blur and turn on camera lens blur. Or perhaps have a setting that only turns it on at render time. I imagine it could be a drop down that says "off until render." I know I can turn off all effects on a layer or composition, but then I have to remember to turn them on before rendering.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix the 'scroll through fonts with arrows' function for 2020 Please!!!

I know this has been implemented and seems to be an on again off again availability. It is really time consuming having to open Photoshop just to see what a different font looks like on the fly.
    Please fix!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Paint\Clone\Stamp tool one frame length mode

Add one frame length mode for Paint\Clone\Stamp tool. Its always hard to use this tool for frame by frame, i always need to setup length manually to one.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Preserve UI Layouts

One of the bigger frustrations I have with AE comes up when I open a project created by someone else, and the AE UI converts to THAT person's layout. I can think of 0 instances in which that would be of any use.

I know I can go to Window->Workspace and call my saved layout back up, but why should I have to? Please change this behavior.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Default the Anchor Point to Center

9/10 when I'm making a shape I have to double click it and then scale down so the anchor point is in the center. It's an annoying workaround for getting a shapes anchor point to be in the center.

Why not just default the anchor point of shapes--no matter how they are made--to center? You could still move it with anchor tool but by default it would assume the most likely desired option. Seems smart.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. AE 2020 Selecting in Comp requires 2 clicks

AE 2020 Selecting in Comp window requires 2 clicks, especially when using the type tool. Clicking once does nothing, clicking twice gives you the ability to type or select. This must be a bug I hope gets sorted out very soon.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. How do you think if you put bitmap drawing on After Effect?

I use After Effect 3 years, I work on animation and I realize that I and my colleagues all want to paint directly on my work, but I don't want to switch to other software because it's quite inconvenient! So what do you think about this issue? put bitmap drawing in AE, draw on comp, trans layer (not solid layer), ....

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base