After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve community communication

Hi Adobe AE team

Please talk to us. Share your thoughts and considerations. Don't be a black box. Victoria did well at the beginning, yet communication seems to be stalling again 😞

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Thai Vowel Character not support

Hi,

I find out the new update Adobe After Effect 2020 On Mac not support Thai Upper row Vowel character on the last letter in the sentence. ,( it's show normal inside the sentence. But if the Vowel character is the last letter the character will now show

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Autosave will not turn off & triggers a crash each time it initiates

After Effects is crashing each time it autosaves. I've reset my preferences, deleted their old files, and turned off all autosave functions multiple times. It continues to override this and launch an autosave anyway, even when the function appears to be turned off, which then causes AE to crash completely. Happening on all projects.

Here is the message I'm given (minus the first sentence telling me the path to which it has saved my project):

Last log message was: <123145619922944> <BEEpCheckoutItemFrameRange> <5> BEEpCheckoutItemFrameRange elapse time = 5.5982 seconds.

Generating crash log, which may take a few minutes.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug Report: Text and fonts still cripple AE performance, even on high end machines.

Simple text animations, or even just simple animations with text layers turned on in the scene. I have seen twice in the last 2 days, on different projects, with different fonts. Some text layers just cripple AE viewport performance. From smooth 60fps playback to .5 fps, and not even able to smoothly drag objects around viewport. I have read many posts like this online, please optimize this dino app. Like Winston Wolf says, "Pretty please... with sugar on top.."

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. missing Thai font accent mark if not follow by character in AE 2020 ver.17.5

My issue is when the accent mark (letter or symbol which placed above or below normal line) are not follow by letter or symbol in
    line it will disappear. I attached link of my post in community here
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/thai-font-missing-accent-mark-issue-in-ae-17-5/m-p/11548957?page=1

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. error: Cinema 4D render failed 5070

The Cinema 4d renderer is constantly giving me this message and I have no idea how to fix the issue. Recently uninstalled and reinstalled and all the settings look correct to me. Please help if you can.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/4eee89c2-de74-4f4c-782f-ffab11fd6575

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add 'Compositing Options' to main Effect Controls palette

The Compositing Options for every effect is a really great addition, but why is it still buried in the timeline? It should be in the effects controls palette, at the very least hidden under a dropdown box or button to reveal. Or have a whoIe new palette to access this. I understand this will make the effects controls palette a little more cluttered, but I think its worth it for this functionality. thanks

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Increase Font Size on UI

The font size after long hours on AE is too small. After spending long days on the program, having bigger font would help.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix keyboard shortcuts access to right-click menu items

I'd like to assign keyboard shortcuts to right-click menu items I use frequently.

For example, Right-click: "Reveal -> Reveal Layer Source In Project".

I can currently assign a keyboard shortcut via the Keyboard Shortcut editor, however setting the shortcut for that particular action does not work. I see the key assigned next to the menu item but pressing the corresponding key does nothing.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Current build sometimes has cmd+s just delete your project file save.

AE build 17.1.4, somewhat often pending project, will fail to save and delete the projects saved file. The work around is to save as almost every time. It's happened a few times over the last week, but today I've experienced it 3 times already. I screen recorded everything after I hit cmd-s. I've also attached a screen shot of my computer's specs. Actually, it's not letting me post with the recording attached, so here's a dropbox link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6cw4fqcne2iwjp/2020-10-20%2010-33-38.mkv?dl=0

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. After effects out of memory 23 :: 40 has really gotten bad on my system

Only really recently has AE been crashing so bad it ends up being a hard reset on my system.

To preface, there is a good chance that my settings / set up / system could play a big part in what i'm experiencing, However just a few months ago on this same exact system and set up I did not have this issue. (maybe one in a blue moon). And I was working with fairly large 4k footage.

Quick summary of what just happened to me twice today (so far) and once yesterday. I'm doing general tasks in AE, with…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. please fix the audio playing slow while previewing a video

everytime i put an mp4 or mp3 in the work space and play it it previews slow, it's very tiring

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MULTITHREADING for AFX

MULTITHREADING for AFX ... it´s since ages now and nothing happens... all cores are gathering together 10% of it. In the preferences you even cant now shoose how much cores you like to use... I am opening 3 instances of AE to dispatch more frames thesame time... what a solution in 2020! Adobe ... come on!! thnx!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Update the way AE handles alphabetizing in the Project Window

Currently there is an unexpected behavior with how AE alphabetizes items in the project window. The addition of a character after numbers changes the order in a way that makes organization and renaming a challenge and sometimes a complete pain.
    Example:
    04-
    Above the dash will bring the 04- to the top. I'm told this is because numbers at the end are counted as numerals, but as soon as you add a non-number character after a number that number because a regular character. This seems to mean context plays a part in a character's value.

I would like…

81 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We need "setStyleAt()"

Please, please, please... ;)
    Thanks!

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make Guide layers allow to use "Preserve Transparency"

Make Guide layers allow to use "Preserve Transparency"

When using "Keep Transparency", the effect becomes invalid if there is a video or image on the bottom layer. If you use a guide layer, please enable "Keep transparent"

「透明性を維持する」を使用する場合に一番下のレイヤーにビデオや画像などがあると効果が無効になる。ガイドレイヤーにした場合は「透明性を維持する」を有効にして欲しい

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. After Effects slow save

After Effects /// For several months now, it has been taking too long to save a project (.aep).
    This problem began in March 2019, when I was using CC 2015.
    I have updated the program but the problem still continues: CC 2017, CC2018, CC2019, 2020.
    In previous versions, saving the project only took a few seconds. Now, it takes more than a minute.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. System wide hang ups

Clicking doesn't work while Adobe AE is not responding click get registered but only take effect after AE starts responding again.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export to Animated PNG

It is long overdue to provide a direct export option either through the Adobe Media Encoder or Render Queue to render out a sequence as an Animated PNG and also Animated SVG formats as these are now more and more required for many web applications. It would save a lot of time in a workflow to have to export as a png sequence then use a third party application to import the png sequence and then export as an APNG.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base