After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Thai characters rendering issues

Hi, I work in a big team, and several guys were having issues with the rendering of Thai characters in After Effects.

The main issue we encountered was some vowels not being rendered in the correct position or completely missing altogether.
    We have been using the "south asian and middle eastern" text engine, but with different results. If we create the file from scratch using that engine, we barely encounter the issue, but usually we receive files created by our clients, so we find ourselves constantly trying to solve this, and having different results in various computers with the same…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back 1, 2, 4-View Interface!

For some stupid reason... we can no longer see the 1, 2, 4-View option in the Composition Window. This feature has been changed where you MUST have 3D Track enabled in order to view this option. Whomever made that decision to update the interface with this newer work flow is an Idiot! CHANGE IT BACK! There was NO reason for this!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of today, in After Effects Beta v18.2 build 9, the view layout can now be switched by going to the View menu > Switch View Layout. You no longer need to have a 3D layer in the comp to switch the view layout.

We’re looking at other changes in this area. Please try the Beta build and let us know how these changes work for you.

3. Dragging footage onto the composition button in the project window is completely broken

In AE 2022, dragging any footage in the project window onto the composition button is completely broken. It no longer creates a composition or does anything at all.
    (I am using osx big sur on a 2020 iMac with 64gb of ram)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Missing curent render information v.2020

Missing Important function (curent render information show when click "current render"):

In the latest version of the program (2022), information about the currently rendered item is missing.

See the picture.

This feature saved the project a couple of times by pinpointing the layer in the composition that was causing the problem.
    Please restore functions.

Regards.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Give Render Queue more status than Comps

Render Queue hides itself between the Comp tabs in the TimeLine (which clutter easily in a big project).
    Please make it stick to the left side of the Timeline tabs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ALIGN window has disappeared as far as I can tell please put back

ALIGN window has disappeared as far as I can tell please put back

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keyboard Shortcut „Reveal Properties with Animation“

I would like to ad a Shortcut for „Reveal Properties with Animation“. However this Command does not show up in the Keyboard Shortcuts Editor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiframe rendering checkbox in Preview Panel

Multiframe rendering is necessery, ok nice, BUT if this option is turn-on, another app die. Example Blender.
    We don't need (in my case) every time this option ON. I usally use for preview and somethimes for render. Easy way for turn On and Off this functionality is add the same checkbox in Preview panel.
    Another update try to use GPU performance.
    thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hi CPU Usage at ilde in version 2022

Since I update to version 2022 AE always push the CPU to the maximum when i open file without doing any action, and this cause the fun to run to the maximum also, and on activity monitor it show AE use 300% CPU. and this happen in 2 different MAC devices, iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, Radeon Pro 580 8 GB Mac OS big sur, and macbook pro, i7 with Mac OS big sur
    right now I just roll back to the previous version,

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug report: "Undo group mismatch, will attempt to fix"

Getting this bug almost daily. It does not seem to be triggered by any specific action. The alert "Undo group mismatch, will attempt to fix" pops up and multiple recent steps are undone, so I've lost a few minutes of work. I've enabled logging and will upload a log file next time it happens. It may be related to the GeoLayers plugin as it started happening after I installed the plugin recently.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Element 3D Important controls required.

Aux channels shud have additional controls. Color Tint, Individual scale x,y,z. Primitive objects slicer to animate birth.Refer attachment. A rig system for each channel, just to connect all properties to a selected AE 3D layer pos, rotation, scale, opacity, color tint(fill)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. multi frame rendering - number of threads

In MFR preferences let us set how many threads/cores MFR uses. I've found that on a 24core machine reducing affinity to just half the cores, makes the render ryn just as fast but with half resources - would be nice to be able to set how much cores MFR is able to use - you know, to leave some for other operations - right now MFR takes up 100% of all cores, and like I said, part of that performance is wasted anyway.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug Report: v22.1.1 Can not export PNG

Can not export PNG thru render que. Works with AME.
    sRGB 16bit comp.
    Windows10...latest build...super-user workstation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I'm using AE 2022. I have motion blur on for all layers. Layers with opacity set to 0% still show up faintly when motion blur is turned on.

I'm using AE 2022. I have motion blur on for all layers. Layers with opacity set to 0% still show up faintly when motion blur is turned on for the comp. It's as if they're set to perhaps 5% instead of 0%.

The same project behaves properly when opened in AE 2021. It's a bug you've introduced in 2022.

And now I'm supposed to click the "Post idea" button to submit this bug? My "idea" is that you fix it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug report: Effects panel doesn't show up automatically when adding an effect

Bug report: (started with After Effects 22.0 and still going on in version 22.0.1 and 22.1.1, on Macbooks (late 2018 i9 & late 2021 M1 proMAX)
    — The Effects panel you normally find on the left and who might automatically open when applying an effect on a layer DOES NOT show up. You have to manually activate it via Windows in the menu bar.
    Then, when the Effects panel is at last on your workspace, it doesn't switch automatically if the Project panel was already activated. Again, you have to manually click on Effect panel to show the effect you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug: Path Group Mistaken for Mask Crash

(MacOS - AE version 22.0) When selecting multiple path groups (not the properties) and attempting to hit the shortcut to arrange a layer forward or backward, the program will crash.

I only came across it accidentally when I thought I had the layer selected and not the path groups.

I've also attached an error message that pops up when only one of the groups is selected.

It seems that what's causing it is when path groups are selected, it's confusing them for masks, as seen in the menu command for arranging layers.

This doesn't seem to happen on Windows from…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Tutorial references a button that does not exist in the UI

The beginner tutorial appears to reference a button that does not exist when prompting the user to edit the Mirror effect.

The step says "To the right of the Reflection Center, click on the box with a target icon inside". There are no buttons to the right of Reflection Center, just the two blue numbers indicating the position.

The animation at the top of the window seems to indicate clicking something in the Project panel instead of the Timeline, which does not look like a target icon, and does not exist in the UI either anyway.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Drop shadow, option to preserve underlying transparency.

Often, I want product stills to cast their shadows on products down the layer index. But only on the parts that have pixels, to give the appearance of them being in close proximity (like an ambient occlusion pass). Right now the Drop shadow drops its shadow everywhere, regardless of what's underneath it.
    A checkbox option to only cast shadow on layers that have pixels would be swell.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Inherit project structure when exporting to folders

It would be a great feature if when I export I can keep the folder structure from my project. So if I have an Export-folder I my project and within that I have multiple folders for Lower Thirds, Intros, Backgrounds and so on with comps in them. When I export through Media encoder it would then place the files in a corresponding structure with folders on the hard drive.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mercury Transit Preview still crashes in latest AE V 22.0.1

After Effects V 22.0.1 still crashes while using a 3rd preview monitor via Mercury Transit.

My setups: Mac Pro trashcan (Late 2013) 12 core with 64GB and AMD FirePro D300, now running MacOS Monterey. I have 3 monitors- 2 4K Dell P2715Qs over mini Displayport and a JVC DT-v24L1 broadcast preview monitor over HDMI

Also occurs on new 2021 Macbook Pro 16 running Monterey

Repeatable crash: Preferences-> Video Preview -> Enable Mercury Transit ->Video Device: Adobe Monitor 2: 1920x1080

In a project that has different sized comps, say 1920x1080 and 1080x1080, AE will crash when switching between comps of different…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base