After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. keyframes valuechange

please indicate if there is a valuechange between keyframes.

If there is no value change, use a dashed line.
    If there is a change, use a solid line.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Crash with Big Sur 11.2, unusable software

Dear Adobe, with After Effects CC2020 17.6 we have been experiencing MAJOR crashes. During rendering and sometimes scrubbing, AE just closes and goes to the desktop. It is a crash and then I have to send a bug report. I am attaching the crash logs to help you determine the issue.

We are on a Mac Pro with Big Sur 11.2 and we even tried removing ALL plugins and reinstalling all adobe software including reinstalling Big Sur, this issue is still persistent.

In the mean time we are dual booting into Catalina 10.15.7 to continue working and this is unprecedented.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Network Shared Plugins Folder

Medium sized studios struggle with differences in plugins installed. Artists often encounter missing plugins when opening other people's projects. And keeping track of what plugin is installed where is a hussle.

Nuke allows linking to network folders (via Python) where every gizmo and plugin is installed. Loaded on application open. Of course licensing is still configured per plugin but it unifies what peple have and even with missing license you can see what it does.

Please give us such option

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Bug Report] Adding sourceRectAtTime() Expression Crashes AE

When attempting to add a sourceRectAtTime() expression to a Mask Path property that references a text layer, After Effects will immediately crash upon evaluation.

Reproduction steps:
    1. Create a new project
    2. Create a new composition (tested with HDTV 1080 29.97 preset for repro purposes)
    3. Add a text layer
    4. Create a comp-size solid
    5. Add a comp-size mask to the solid by double clicking the mask button
    6. On the "Mask Path" property of the mask created in step 5, add the expression: `thisComp.layer(<nameoftext_layer>).sourceRectAtTime()

After clicking out of the expression editor and allowing AE to evaluate,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. setMatteAtTime / upgrade for the Set Matte Effect

As powerful at it may be "Set Matte" has some limitations and it is not very easy to use. More often than not you still need one layer as mask for another layer. Even simple setups become layer-salads.

My ideas to upgrade this effect:

• timepoint of layer matte should be accessable via Expressions/Keyframes. This way we can use one single precpomped Animation to mask as many layers as we want

• also 3D layers should be able to be masked by a 2D animation using "Stretch Matte to Fit"

• To use this effect I always have to precomp my footage and…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Time delay in Shape layer Repeater Properties

As rotation, postion and opacity... time (in frame) should be a variable that we should be able to work with.

Should also be affected by the Offset

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Update the Add Grain effect to use GPU and 32-bit

I need to apply grain frequently in my work to clean plates I’ve created, and it needs to match the 6k/4k HDR plates I’ve been provided. I prefer Add Grain to Match Grain, as it’s quicker and more accurate for me to manually set it. Because of the size of the plates, and the lack of GPU acceleration in this plug-in, it’s the main bottleneck in my rendering speed, plus 32-bit would help with color fidelity. Obviously, multiframe rendering would be great, too, but I would at least love GPU acceleration to start!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I want to be able to bring photoshop and illustrator information as it is

Import Layer style, Adjustment layer, Appearance, text editing features from Photoshop and Illustrator when .psd and .ai files are imported to After Effects

イラストレーターやフォトショップからpsdやaiファイルを読み込む際に調整レイヤーやレイヤースタイルなどの情報をそのまま反映させるようにしてほしい

:例
    Ps
    ・調整レイヤー
    ・レイヤースタイル

Ai
    ・アピアランス

など

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: AE 8.2.1 on macOS 11.4 on MacPro6,1 2 AMD FireProD700

if one is moving a Layer in the Composition View it wiggles around.
    if you build a motion path with the layer it wiggles around until the preview is rendered.
    if you put of "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer and Footage Panels" it gets much better but is still present. This shows on our MacPro6,1 an on our iMac17,1. On newer hardware such as iMac19,1 it is not present.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add back 2 views vertical and rearrange view options in toolbar

Know there's been a lot of talk about the updated view options. TBH, this new setup sucks.

I want my 2 views vertical back! I often am comping 16x9 animations. I need one viewer for my active camera, and a 2nd for my top view. Since I can no longer determine the layout of these 2 panels, I'm stuck with the horizontal view. This layout isn't ideal if you're working with a widescreen comp. It means your footage is suuuuper tiny in frame.

Don't eliminate the 2 view vertical though- it's useful for doing 9x16 comps. Just give us our…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. *** Ability to adjust interface font size ***

My eyes are getting destroyed attempting to read the interface on a 5K monitor. I have to physically lean into the screen to read some of it. Other applications are fine, just AE is using a font size smaller than what's on my phone. When my eyes get tired, AE becomes an extremely difficult piece of software to use.
    This is 2021, many of us are using larger higher resolution screens. We need this flexibility!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. keeping plugins and scripts working when new version come out.

You provide new versions too often. It's not comfortable to re install all plugins each time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix the script limitation hotkeys?

Can I get any help on this!!?? Not sure how to get any support! My scripts are not showing anymore and my script set is used very often! The ExecuteMenuItems are not working anymore, and it doesn't get to 20? 20 is already limiting and after affects also has 12 scripts on the default app folder! If you're on multiple sites without IT only leaves you around 6 if they all work!? Can I get any help to fix for this? Not sure how else get adobe support!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Put pre-comps into a "Pre-comps" folder automatically, just like solids

This could be a checkbox in the Pre-compose creation dialogue box. When enabled, precomps are automatically stored in a "Pre-comps" folder at the root level of the project. This would keep large projects so much tidier as we work. I always have to go clean up my dozens of pre-comps that are scattered all over in my primary folders.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adobe Splash screens - a visual horror show

Remove all splash screen imagery

Why does Adobe insist on incuding some of the worst imagery imaginable in their splash screens? As a 'pro' user being exposed to this tripe many times a day is incredibly annoying. Why in fact do we need any kind of image on the splash screen - just a simple logo as before was enough surely. We are all exposed to too much visual pollution these days as it is - having to see it in my work environment is infurating and distracting.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After Effects v18.0 won't start

After I installed v18.0 of After Effects, AE will not start. The launch screen gets stuck at "Initializing Required Components"

I've tried renaming Rename 18.0 as 18.0old in C:\Users&lt;user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects

I've tried clearing the Media Cache stored at: C:\Users&lt;User>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

All with no luck. Crash file attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug with Trapcode Particular

This one is not easy to describe.
    Let's say you have one layer with Particular effect (layer A). As the particles source, you have selected "Sprite", and the Sprite is a precomp, or any other source that CAN be rasterised (like an Ai file, for instance). But you chose NOT to rasterise it.
    Everything works well at that stage. But later in the workflow, you create a second layer (B) with Particular, and decide to use the SAME layer (or precomp) as the source of your particles for layer A.
    What happens then is the problem: After Effects chooses to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Crop Using Region Of Interest not working

I expect to output only the Region Of Interest, but Ae just outputs the complete Comp.
    Look like the Output Module does not communicate with the set Region Of Interest. (see screenshot).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Import multiple image sequence in one go

When importing multiple image sequences (by pointing to one frame, just like when importing only one sequence), Ae imports only the single frames, not the sequences.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base