After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AE 17.0.06 won't export to Media Encoder

Couldn't get AE to export to media encoder. I would hit export to media encoder and media encoder would open automatically, but no file would ever pop up in the queue. I tried dragging the comp into the media encoder queue and it would then appear in the queue but would fail on render with the error saying couldn't find file. I tried adding the project/comp from the "plus" within media encoder but it said it couldn't find project. Tried other projects, same problem.

Tried the options suggested on Adobe website (renaming the media encoder folders, changing mercury playback to…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an icon to adjust both dimensions of multidimensionnal properties at once in the timeline

It would be very handy to be able to click and drag for both dimensions of multidimensionnal properties (or spatial properties only?) in the timeline (like positions), using both axis of the mouse.

This could be done through an additionnal icon, to keep the current behaviour on individual axis (see screenshot example)

In case the property has three dimensions, this icon could be used to adjust only X and Y.

This would make it easier to work with layers while hiding layer handles, allowing us to quickly move the layers without selecting/clicking in the viewport.

Working with hidden layer handles…

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Group and color code effects in Effect Control panel

It would be helpful to be able to group and color code effects in Effect Controls panel. I often end up with 10 or more effects in the comp control layer and it becomes tedious and difficult visually to find the one I'm after (see attached screenshot). It would be incredibly convenient to be able to create groups like is possible in shape layers, and the ability to color code like we can with layers would also be helpful. It's possible to code and rename effects into groups when making a preset (like in attached screenshot), but this is impractical…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import AI to AE: AI Layers to Precomps

For rigging and organization purposes, importing should be more tight. I guess every program in Suite can be integrated properly.

When you "export as" ai to psd, for instance, you find every path created on illustrator in a folder/subfolder inside the layers tab on photoshop.

This could be really useful if you prepare a tons of bones and parts in a rig workflow inside illustrator and try to import this project inside after effects.

In a nutshell, you should be able to import AI layers in After effects as precomps.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 17.1.1 is not compatible with Element 3d, 17.1 works but the incremental upgrade crashes

17.1.1 is not compatible with Element 3d, 17.1 works but the incremental upgrade crashes

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Folders

ist not the first request of this kind, but i still miss folders in the comp/timeline window for more comfort. it not always make sense to have something in a pre comp – especially when its animated – and to jump back and forth to adjust keyframes. it would be so great to have it all in one comp and just pack layers into folders and giving them a mask too. the set mask option does not compensate the miss of folders with masks – just think of a photoshop without folders for big composition jobs – unthinkable today :…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Green horizontal lines in preview of AE and Premiere Pro

I have large green lines in preview on both AE and Premier, All preview zoom/ruler settings have been tried. AE is on 17.1.1 build 34. Premier is on 14.3.0 build 38. Machine is WIndows 10 build 18362.752 (latest I can get) with Intel Core i7-9770K on MSI MS-7B22 system board with 64GB RAM, Intel UHD630 graphics (May 18 2020 driver build - 27.20.100.8280 Latest). All storage is internal. Boot is NVMe M.2

Was working fine until recently(~1 week)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. File import - add grouping of sequences

It would be great if in the import view window we could see sequence as one file. If we wanted to import a specific frame there should be a toggle "group sequences" that we could just unmatch and it would show all available frames.
    It's often irritating to scroll through the folder with multiple sequences and thousands of frames to find the specific one we need.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Lasso tool | Select vertex points

Would really helpful to select multiple vertex points like the lasso tool that Illustrator have.
    That feature can be improve the animation with shapes in AE.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Problem selecting multiple keyframes in AE 2020 (17.04)

In AE 2020 (17.04) When I try to select multiple keyframes in the timeline by drawing a box around them, there is often a delay of a few seconds before the keyframes are selected. Sometimes the delay causes the box that I draw to be "cut off" so that not all of the intended keyframes are selected. I've tried different mouses and many different files, and the problem has persisted over the last couple of AE updates. I'm on an iMac Pro, OS 10.14.6, 3GHZ Intel Xeon W, 128 GB RAM.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add render bar on icon

Please add a render bar on icon when After Effects is rendering (like Premiere or Media Encoder) it's very helpfull

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Expose all internal After Effects commands to scripting

It's possible to find many of AE's command IDs by running the following ES function and filling in whatever menu command you're after:

app.findMenuCommandId("Go To Keyframe Time");

But many other commands that aren't strictly "menu" commands seem inaccessible / hidden. For example, it seems impossible to find the commands for shifting keyframes left or right (represented in the hotkey editor by entries like "NudgeKeyframesEarlier" or "Shift Selected Keyframes 1 Frame Earlier").

It'd be great if you could expose these secret commands to scripting, by giving them entries in the function above, giving them command IDs, and/or by building an event…

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Revival of direct export of mp4 container h.2648(mp4コンテナh.264の直接書き出しの復活)

Please restore the mp4 (h.264 format) direct export feature that was possible in previous versions.

It is possible to send to and export from AME even under current conditions.I feel inconvenient because I can not give out what I was able to release freely.

In the current version with Ae's render queue function, it is easy for users to be able to export directly.

以前のバージョンで可能だったmp4(h.264形式)の直接書き出し機能を戻してほしい。

現状でもAMEに送り書き出すことは可能ですが、気軽に出せていたものが出せなくなり不便に感じます。Aeのレンダーキュー機能がある現行バージョンでは直接書き出しができる事がユーザーにとっては手軽です。

53 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Misplaced Nulls after using “Nulls follow Points” on converted parametric shapes

After converting parametric shapes to Bezier paths and using the “Points follow Nulls” script. The Nulls are misplaced. A bit with a circle and a lot with rectangles. It also seems the error gets bigger the further the object is positioned from the center of the composition.

The problem does not exist with hand drawn paths.

AE 17.0.4 MacOS 10.15.4

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Easy change menu languages, from english to every other language with one click

For years, thousands of people have urgently needed to switch functions between the languages ​​of the program interfaces.

Especially since the effects and specifications bar list makes no sense in the German translation and was apparently translated by the google automatic function.

It would be so easy if you set your two languages ​​that you want to use directly during installation.

You could then simply write in the effects and specifications list in one of the languages ​​and you could use it immediately.

Instead, one has to laboriously look for translations for
    the effects and specifications list. The pure horror.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. BUG: Prores false colors in AE CC 2020 (except up to 17.0.2) (!)

1. Recently i found that export in Prores 4444 or 422 in AE render queue is changing colors in final output even with different color depth. In millions of colors its slightly redish, even hard to see, in trillions - more wrong! (pic .1)

2. AE 2020 (except up to 17.0.2) detecting wrong color depth (pic. 2)

AE project here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u_FSyal8EeJJlAWNZr18GTT2ji8rr2Dj

You can render out two files in render queue and compare them in composition.
    Working space - none. 32bit depth.

AE 2019 Prores - fine. ME 2020 Prores - fine.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add effects to better handle 3d passes

with the upgrade of the EXR workflow inside AE it is easyer than ever to do 3d compositing inside AE. But there is a lack of native tools to do so.
    First of all the camera blur is slow, doesn't handle the aliased problems in the zdepth very well and doesn't produce a convincing photorealist blur...
    Next the pixel motion blur was a great addition when it was promoted a few years ago but it would have been great to be able to feed it with a motion vector pass coming from the 3d render to be able to produce…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New update to Shape Layers has broken the Repeater End and Start Opacity

In shape layers, the Repeater End and Start Opacity feature doesn't work when the Stroke is Setting is placed beneath the Repeater. It only works if the Stroke setting is placed above the Repeater. This is not acceptable since placing the Stroke setting beneath the repeater will cause all the instances of the shape to have the exact same stroke width which is what I want in many cases. So if a scale setting has been chosen in the Repeater Transform menu, all instances of the shape will have a thicker (or thinner) stroke. In this case, the start and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please add option to not load workspace on file, but rather stick to the one you are currently using.

Opening old files or files from other designers always loads the workspace on the file, which in most cases doesn't match the current one, or simply isn't available.

I've found that it is very rare that I want to use a different workspace than the one I am currently using when opening a file, so this behavior forces unneeded interaction and interruption to the workflow

It would be ideal to have a general option to disable this behavior and instead ignore the workspace setting saved on the file.

Thanks!

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. About removing the Pro Import plug-in on MacOS

Sorry about the ranting, but this made me very disappointed to Adobe again:

So, Adobe and Mac combination is not for pro users?

First Adobe disabled exporting Prores XQ on Mac, now latest update (17.0.4.) disables Pro Import plugin, making importing AAF, OMF, FCP XML impossible - even I don't use macOS Catalina!
    In Orwellian way, this is listed under "Bug fixes"! Made me spill my coffee.
    At least add a warning sign to get user attention before pressing update!

If Premiere can import some of these formats, why not After Effects?
    I would imagine Adobe's $11 billion annual revenue…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base